. A Place For Fans Of The Discovery Series 100 Days Wild, Press J to jump to the feed. She was the first to fill her plate and it looked filled! | From what weve dug up, none of the participants are professional actors. Terrible editing left us jumping from scene to scene with no connection or follow up to previous events. Theres no better place to put your survival skills to the test than in the middle of nowhere in Alaska. Apparently, the land does not have a legal claim made by Andrew & Jessica. Download to watch offline and even view it on a big screen using Chromecast. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. The show has so much potential and Id love to see it with a group that actually can work together, it doesnt even have to be fake egalitarianism, just have a damn leader! They are soon joined by Adam, Oliver, Gerrid, Christine, and Evan to build the lives they haven't been able to make in the lower 48. And we could not be more excited! freezing and desperate for food, Adam and Evan make a dangerous journey to basecamp. I think a large part of it is the editing, but I also think they are just horrible communicators. Those chosen to participate in 100 Days Wild have never met in person and will join Jennifer and Andrew, . 3. Read More: 100 Days Wild Filming Locations. Respi Mee Sup Sabahiiat. Since there is no designated leader, clashes are inevitable. However, the show was filmed before COVID-19. The issue became that they got nothing up at base camp. Episode 2. 100 DAYS WILD takes place in Alaska's remote Tanana Valley where group founders Jennifer and Andrew have searched for other like-minded individuals to join them in building a self-sustaining colony. 1. LOVE THE SHOW IF ANDREW AND JENNIFER WERE GONE, Great show if they removed Andrew & Jennifer. . I hope those other 4 people decide to form their own group. Another thing that we did not catch on filmone morning some of the moss that was used to insulate our shelter had fallen down on the smoke stack outside due to the wind and we didnt know, he said. There doesn't seem to be any kind of plan or general guidelines for people to follow, and it seems to be up to the ever-changing whims of Andrew/Jennifer (I see them as one now) what the community priority is supposed to be. Oliver's refusal to help prep fish is the last straw for Andrew and Jennifer, so the outpost founders push the others to force Oliver out. Oliver is an very individualistic person, and while he doesn't find it easy to get along with people, he can be made a part of a community with the right distance, respect, and kindness. We need to see more. As far as I could see, everyone was working on their assigned tasks, and steadily tightening their belts while the disappointed couple, stayed in their cozy cabin and ate the best of the food, slimming down exactly none. If you like Lord of the Flies, and its dynamics of how the wilderness can bring out the wild side in us, then the Discovery Channel show is right up your alley. Discovery has announced and set a premiere date for '100 Days Wild,' a new series . Rogue Rage. And while some of his scarier experiences will be outlined on the show, there was one experience that happened when the film crews weren't around. There are emergency evacuation plans and teams on standby to lend a hand if the participants run into any emergency situation. Andrew and Jennifer wanted a main base camp that everyone would live at and would be at most of the time. 20 Aug. 2020 Off Grid & Under Pressure. He's a loner. Have you ever wondered if youd be able to survive out in wilderness without any of the modern comforts youre used to? This constant Sour pus-lemon face look Jennifer gave to everyone elses requests for meager food rations that they helped to secure cannot all be editing! 100 Days Wild is the new survival series on Discovery that sees seven strangers trying to form a self-sustaining community in Alaska. Founders Jennifer and Andrew have been struggling to build a community based on their egalitarian values and agree to take in new . If they wanted the group to bond, why the plan for 4 camps? And she looks like she had and has plenty to eat! Oliver is better off away from them. The three biggest items that saved my life were my life jacket, the fire kit that I had in my life jacket, and my sleeping bag, he said. When outpost founders Andrew and Jennifer take control of the food supply, it's the last straw for Adam. Neither seem to desire a communicative, working environment. My wife and I were sitting here saying wtf bitch these two havent had food in weeks!! We know that '100 Days Wild' is set in Tanana Valley, which is . And props to Oliver. A take after Alone, but 7 people try to survive together in the wild. That is important in Alaska. 0. Thank Goodness it ends next week. Distractify talked about the people who lead the new venture in Alaska. | Discovery is bolstering its survivalist programming with 100 Days Wild from New York-based Talos Films, premiering this August. Cookie Notice Why exactly did you pick that era to stay in? Combine that with the fact that the cast is their during the winter and the fact that they dont know each other, and youve got a recipe for disaster. Hes got no food and no real weapon to collect any. Extremely frustrating to watch them call the one guy building everything selfish. Oliver's refusal to help prep fish is the last straw for Andrew and Jennifer, so the outpost founders push the others to . 2023 Cinemaholic Inc. All rights reserved. Oliver's refusal to help prep fish is the last straw for Andrew and Jennifer, so the outpost founders push the others to force Oliver out. The next issue at hand is how remote the location is. Jennifer and Andrew welcome new members to their nomadic community. Its getting really frustrating to watch. Adam and Evan join Oliver on a nearby claim, leading to a final confrontation with Andrew. Surviving the winter is a tough challenge, but the participants have their work cut out for them since they also have to survive each other. A Place For Fans Of The Discovery Series 100 Days Wild, Press J to jump to the feed. Winter's coming but the group is far from ready. . 100 Days Wild - Andrew and Jennifer lead the new community. 100 Days Wild, Season 1 Episode 7, is available to watch and stream on Discovery Channel. 20 Aug. 2020 Off Grid & Under Pressure. A sudden temperature plunge cuts Adam and Evan's bear hunt sh. Tell us what's wrong with this post? 2. Frye, who joined the Army at age 18 and was later deployed to Guantanamo Bay and Kosovo, reveals that the experience led him to a place where he was able to really prioritize during his time in Alaska as well as prepare him for the coronavirus pandemic. While the series seems to have filmed there, we know that help is never really far away in these cases. In addition to providing absolutely no leadership or gentle guidance, Andrew sits in a corner, complaining about everything, and passive Jennifer responds to everything with her blank, passionless pudding-face. That was insane Jennifer had something negative to say to Adam when he bagged that grouse about getting used to having less and get used to having just her rice with a bean dish, cause that's the way it's gonna be with the provisions. If its on television, one should take it with a pinch of salt, but 100 Days Wild has put itself across as a show that strives for accuracy, and more importantly, puts forth such fascinating content that viewers flock to it regardless. Loved season 1 of 100 days wild. Ive actually googled his techniques and was blown away at all the useful things he was teaching the kid helping him. It's not a community. Adam is a natural leader, and as a vet myself, I understand his aversion to aggression. Doesn't seem the stubbornness of Andrew, Jennifer or Oliver are willing to budge, which leaves things at a standstill. Adam Frye is one of the stars of Discoverys 100 Days Wild where 7 people come together to build a self-sustaining community in Alaska. I love the rest of the cast and what they bring to the group. Instead, they come from different walks of life like Army vet, sporting goods salesman, homesteader, and mountain man. I wish Oliver would hook up with the others. These strong-willed, independent pioneers seek to forge a different life for themselves, off the grid. Oligarchy is not synonymous with community. The CW is developing a reboot of USA's cult sci-fi series The 4400, but fans of the original are first owed a resolution to its cliffhanger ending. Jennifer is repulsive and Andrew is a gutless wonder. They are definitely NOT leaders in any way. Ridiculous plan. Andrew and Jennifer are controlling. Movies. Prior to the show's inception, they built an outpost, which is completely off the grid. Andrew und Jennifer wollten abseits der Zivilisation eine funktionierende Gemeinschaft aufbauen - mit Gleichgesinnten, die sich gegenseitig untersttzen. The show follows the group on their journey which, as you can guess, has more than its share of difficult moments. Jennifer is always giving everyone a sour look and Andrew wants more than his one follower. This would be the hub from what I can put together. Im familiar with the show but who made these two leaders? With about 750,000 people residents spread out over an area more than twice the size of Texas, it doesn't take much for it to be considered "undeveloped.". Adam and Evan are great. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Plus the voice over must tell us how dire the situation is every 5 minutes. I think Andrew mentioned that people have come up there before but left. . When breaking down the JEFFERSON County jail population by gender, females are a minority compared to male prisoners and make 10% with 109 female and 835 male inmates. What is the English language plot outline for 100 Days Wild (2020)? I keep watching the show and hating them. I think that they need to recognize that they do not have the strength of character to be community builders. My Fave Made-For-TV Movies. Other than Jennifer and Andrew, none of the people have ever met each other before. A Facebook post from cast member, Christine McGuigan, says Last fall I was gone for a few months, my first time in Alaska doing this Discovery TV series that starts next week.