Beliefs. Together, the two go door to door with their congregation on a weekly basis to educate people about their faith. Even where the killing can be rightly and legally justified, its against the doctrine of Jehovah witnesses to kill. They value their covenant and keeping secrets or protecting ones friend or family who is insurbordinate is a grave sin to them. RIDICULOUSGOD does not look at us that way. Celebrate New Year's Eve or . The unnamed servant of God referred to as the opposer is just doing Gods work. Sure, a concordance may be used to figure out its meaning, but thats through reading the word in context in Hebrew. Just before one of those meetings I was told that I should wear long trousers, a tie, and preferably a suit. JWs are allowed to take their watchtower magazines and shove them up their ass. yes you pointed out the few like cereal, that i already said were inaccurate. (104) Say anything negative about their organization. It is also not allowed for Jehovah witness believers to pierce their body regardless of the sex. Here are the 140 things Jehovah Witnesses can't do: (1) Belong to another organization or club for the purpose of socializing with nonbelievers. )Play ChessGo to NightclubsOwn a GunRead philosophy, sociology, psychology; these are discouraged as non spiritual foodJWs are discouraged from seeking psychological help from psychiatrists, psycho-therapists, and psychologists because they give "worldly" advice according to the WTBTS.Become a Jehovah's Witness and you have to.Must be baptized into the organizationAttend several regular meetings each weekGo out in field service regularly to recruit new membersReport your field service activity to the congregation each monthAttend regular scheduled conventionsGive talks at the congregation (whether young or old, male or female)Read and fully understand their teachingsPrepare for each meetingParticipate in the meetingsStudy with familyUse Theocratic Warfare (War Strategy) - To lie or to hide the truth to a non-JW for protection of the OrganizationFully accept the Watchtower's authority and rules (no exceptions)Dress according to their rules at the Kingdom Halls, Service and conventions (no exceptions)Women and small girls must wear dressesMen must wear dress pants with dress shirts and tiesAssociate only with fellow membersReport on fellow members including your family, if they are caught doing something against Society's rulesYou have to sing at the meetings (even if you have a bad voice) - or you are looked down uponWomen must be in full submission to their husbands, A discussion is more interesting than reading, nisha can you repost the thread you are talking about? "When a person dies, he ceases to exist. The Jehovah's Witness organization denies that Jesus Christ is God. Other small, tight-knit Christian groups such as the Amish, Mennonites, Hutterites, and Brethren strongly disapprove . Eat anything that contains blood products, such as black pudding. . The scribes and Pharisees were worshipping Jehovah, and Jesus literally told them that the god they serve was a liar from the beginning and a murderer. Advertisement. This article summarizes our basic beliefs. They affirm that GodJehovahis the most high. Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet. Jehovah's Witnesses are primarily known to physicians for their refusal of blood transfusions. My husband and I were both raised JW but on opposite sides of the world. Participate in any interfaith activities, such as social events or fundraisers sponsored by another church. . The Governing Body, along with other "helpers", are organized into six committees responsible for various administrative functions within the global Witness community . ok so maybe they changed their policy on college. Dating is only allowed with the intention to get married and only allowed when the person is of legal age, referred to by Jehovahs Witnesses as the bloom of youth.. And Jehovah was a jealous and possessive God who was holding humans captive. Some of them were counted illegal in many states until recently. In the same vein, substantial changes in the organizational continued as teaching and congregations programs came under centralized control. The Elohim (which means gods) of Genesis and the OT scriptures were a higher more advanced alien civilization. (3) Associate with people outside their organization when it is not necessary. Jehovah's Witnesses believe that the Trinity is unbiblical because the word is not in the Bible and because the Bible emphasizes that there is one God. They also refuse blood transfusions, even those that could be life saving. Question or challenge the leadership, including the elders, but especially the Governing Body. YES! 10. Everything with them is mental and mind games but no one is going to physically hurt anyone. If you take the Bible seriously, which I dont. Some are biblical, but MOST are not. They just don't believe that a holiday that glorifies human beings is the proper way to do so. However, we have good reasons to believe the body that died on the cross is the same body that rose three days later, leaving an empty tomb. Ever since then, this sect of Christian religion has spread globally. The rationale behind this is that they dont want the non-believers to expose their own (Jehovah witnesses) to things that are outside their religion. Not even to their family members. Well, I think they belong to a religion that gives them very little say in what they can and can not believe, so yes, I believe there is some brainwashing there. Is the world a pejorative term for Jehovahs Witnesses? Unlike many other religions, Jehovah's Witnesses believe that death is not just the death of the physical body but also the death of the soul. That should be red flag to government.". Child abuse never reported i rhat is crazy .swems care less about the kids .sad .cult more anything. Separate or divorce, unless there is proven adultery. but what about the other things i just pointed out? Sylviane is a relationship coach for women . Jehovahs Witness women are not allowed to: Jehovahs Witnesses are directed that they will rely on Jehovah and not try to defend themselves. They teach and explain that Jesus was created by the God Almighty and as such, he cannot coexist or be Him. Perhaps better than defining evil ones self, ask Christians to list behaviors they use to identify evil. Breaking off an engagement without a good reason to do so. Hence, the act or practice of the gay and lesbianism are another thing Jehovah witnesses cant do. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. I attended a few J. W. meetings that are held during the week but not a Sunday worship one. Jesus Christ is his firstborn son, is inferior to God, and was created by God. If you can somehow get your friend out, do it. Instead they teach that Jesus Christ is a created angel. Socializing with non-believers. wasnt. Worship Jesus as God" Oh, the horror! There is no physical punishment associated with being a Witness. Fully documented with photocopies of statements from rare Watchtower publications, this book reveals many facts the Watchtower Society tries to hide from Jehovah's Witnesses and investigators of this religion.Click HERE to purchase a hard copy of this book for $9.99 / or Kindle for $2.99. The Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society produces religious literature primarily for use by Jehovah's Witnesses.The organization's international writing, artwork, translation, and printery workforce are all baptized Jehovah's Witnesses. Enlil was pure evil and is actually the one referred to by the god Yahweh. The world is a pejorative term in the mouth of Jehovahs Witness, which is the world as we know it. The Jehovah Witness belong to the millennialist denomination that was formed in the 19th-century within the larger Adventist movement in the United States. You cant be Jehovah witness by name and not in practice. But neither does the letter A, or the letter B, or the letter C, or the letters D, E, F, G, etc. Any real scholar would also know that a concordance doesnt give the meaning of words. It is in the contention of the proponents of this religion believe that studying those courses might shake the faith of their followers. So in John 8:44 jesus is ONLY talking about YHVH who was a LIAR AND MURDERER FROM THE BEGINNING. They believe that blood is sacrosanct and should not be donated for any reason. Own or carry any weapon or firearm for self-defense. 4.Attend social functions sponsored by their . When it comes to firearms and self-defense, Jehovahs Witnesses are not allowed to: Yuu should see the similiaraty between revelation cahpter 14 and 7? Now let's examine some questions related to topics directly addressed in the Bible. Big J has a higher body count. You shall not be a drunkard or rely on alcohol. Hi there, Im a non-religious guy with a JW friend who Im concerned for. The cookie is set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin and is used to store whether or not user has consented to the use of cookies. Below are 10 facts about this group which branched off from orthodox Christianity in the late 1800's. We answer the questions of how they got their start, what their core beliefs are, and how many . Premise on this, all other JW believers must not associate with any disfellowshipped Jehovah member again. (3) Associate with people outside their organization when it is not necessary. Here are 100 things Jehovah's Witnesses can't do: 1. While the Bible does not lay out a list of explicit words to steer clear from, it is clear that Christians are to stay away from filthy language, unwholesome talk, and crude joking. Christians are instructed to keep from being polluted by the world and to reflect the image of God, therefore Christians should not . Women cannot assume the role of a male and instruct the congregation. Are the Jehovah Witnesses required to give everything to JW?? Sadly, the number one rule of any cult is to not read what or listen to anything contradictory because lies are always exposed when exposed to light. Then in Isaiah 9:6 (NWT) we read: "For there has been a child . As for being a failed abortion, there is never too late for a second attempt. Just wondering, if you have them, could I have a look at your sources? They were viewed and worshipped as gods because of their superior technology and knowledge. They went back when I was 16 and my dad was reinstated. Funny enough, it is part of the Jehovah witness doctrine that they dont donate blood. Can't be "Jehovah's Witnesses", for God already used it 20 chapters earlier. They seem happy enough and thats good enough. Since you must have seen or met one before in your life, youll agree with me on this that there ideology is so different from that of other Christian believers. My father was a devout Jehovah's Witness from the 1980s until May 5, 2017, when he died without warning. Since Jehovah's Witnesses appeal to Isa 43:12; 44:8 for scriptural support that they should be called, "Jehovah's Witnesses" then what was the "new name" prophesied in Isa 62:2? 4. They may well deny that this actually happened but just ask them to speak with their elders to confirm it or research it themselves. Why does voltage decrease when current increases? Jesus comments in John 8:44 was a wake-up call for me. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. Hi Jay, I will update the article with sources shortly. (63) Get divorced unless the reason is adultery, (64) Cant remarry unless their ex commits fornication first. Therefore, not reporting family members or friends who broke the rules is part of the things Jehovah witnesses cant do. Miller was a Pastor and he prophesied that Christ will return in 1844. [Evidence from JW Publications and the Bible]. To be more accurate, Jehovah's Witnesses recognize the purpose behind the Sabbath Day. Things Jehovah's Witnesses Can't Do. The first lie in the Bible is when God tells Adam that the fruit is poisonous, even though God knows the fruit is a source of knowledge. The only explanation I can suggest is that the god of the O.T. EVERYTHING. Since 1976, practices have also been based on decisions made at closed meetings of the . Also, Jobs children didnt come back at the end of the book. It also mentions that the related Ugaritic word hwt means spell, curse. The Jehovah's Witnesses deny the central teachings of the Bible. Do I think they are brainwashed? Because Im not baptized, they are not required to shun me, but they have actually asked me numerous times why I have a problem with their religion. 22. i was also born and raised in the organization. Yet their God is guilty of committing, ordering and/or condoning all the above behaviors. Say a prayer in the presence of any man without a head covering. So let me restate thatyes, it is a brainwashing cult! Associate with a disfellowshipped believer, Tristan Tate Biography, Full Name, Age, Net Worth (2023), Whistlindiesel Biography, Real Name, Age, Net Worth, etc. This made them a polytheistic religion for most of their history. The English translation is irrelevant. It is listed in the book of cults. "Can't" or "Don't?" "134. Associate with people outside their organization when it is not necessary. Russell named his group the "Millennial Dawn Bible Study," and those who followed him were called "Bible students." 141 Rules. Yes the brainwashing is incredible. Read books, newspaper, magazines, publications, or any other literature from other religions. Attend other church services or worship, or sing any other religious songs. It is correct that the letter J doesnt exist in Hebrew. You shall not murder. What kind of language do Jehovahs Witnesses use? He is an obnoxious atheist who pretends to have read the Bible (as all cool atheist have done it), but only repeats what he has heard other atheists say online. Failure to do so will result in disciplinary action. In the New World Translation, John 1:1 reads: "In [the] beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god.". Clothing and attire are regulated at meetings and conventions and in the individuals personal life. The Jehovah's Witness organization has altered the biblical text to suit to its theological presupposition that Jesus is a created thing. Witnesses believe in Heaven, but do not believe in Hell. Further changes to the doctrine of Jehovah witness led to the prohibition of blood donation and transfusions by its members, abandonment of the cross, rejection of Christmas celebrations, etc. On this note, Jehovah witness barred it believers from engaging in the act of gambling. (86) Celebrate any holiday except the death of Jesus Why? However, the movement has some very stringent rules the members have to adhere to. ****One reason for the difference in the Old and New Testament was the translation. This is exactly what happened in Malawi in the 70s whenJehovahs Witnesses were systematically massacred because their organization did not allow them to purchase a card indicating endorsement of the Malawi Congress Party. Do you need underlay for laminate flooring on concrete? May 31, 2017, 2:25am . You are correct. For this reason, Jehovah's Witnesses do not drink alcohol in any . I couldnt enter another church for years and it took me forever to relax around Christmas. I would like to add (as a defector and still Christian), many items on the list are abstained by many Christian churches. The Holy Spirit . Where theres a separation or any form of unscriptural divorce from the believers of this religion, such action may lead to a disciplinary action. Can I post a list of 101 Things Astrid Likes to Do When She is Bored? But thats not even the tip of the iceberg. Christianity as a religion has different sect or group of believers with different ideology and believes. I have spoken to some who believe that the serpent in the garden actually represented the true God (Not Jehovah). This denomination believes that Jesus Christ is not and should not be equalled with God. Typically, Jehovahs Witnesses sing three songs at their meetings for worship. This prohibition is as a result of the fear of being influenced. Download. You wont be allowed a chance to speak for yourself or defend yourself publically. One of the many things Jehovah witnesses can't do is socializing with the non-believers. Receive a blood transfusion, even in a life-threatening medical emergency. Most especially where a gun is required of you to be handled, becoming a police officer is also part of those things Jehovah witnesses cant do. Except for spankings. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc. Once you are engaged as Jehovah witness, you cant break the engagement again. I was forced to be a JW as a kid. Why? Join or volunteer at any other charitable organization such as the Red Cross, the Lions Club, the Salvation Army, etc. Twin girls with JW parents/family graduated from h.s. Witnesses believe that they are living in . The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional". Are jehovahs witnesses allowed to take their watchtower magazines and shove them up their ass. They consider it to be conducted according to the deceased . (50) Study psychology, philosophy, sociology, and viewpoints that might shake their faith, (57) Dating someone without the intent of getting married, (59) Breaking an engagement, separation, and unscriptural divorce may result in disciplinary action, (60) Marriage to non believers is not recommended. Employment in any position where you need to be armed. (3) Associate with people outside their organization when it is not necessary. No, they dont. Members of the group are expected to be raped, tortured, and murdered before using a weapon for self-defense. See Dress Code, (97) Wear pants at a Kingdom Hall if youre a woman, (98) Wear revealing clothes or skirts that are too short (looked down upon), (99) Wear long hair or facial hair if youre a man (depends on the local customs of the country you live in). Some of the scriptures are still accurate but many are not. (2023), Rochelle Hathaway Biography, Age, Education, Net worth, And Lifestyle (2023), 25 Best Virtual Museum (Free and Paid) in 2023. This prohibition is to the extent that they would rather die than having someone elses blood in their body. Polaris Bank USSD Transfer Code for Transfer, Airtime, Data and Bills, Abuja State Logo: image, description and meaning, Cost of building a 4 bedroom bungalow in Nigeria. I personally thank God daily for leading me towards a path that allowed me to see what a cult they are. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance". thoughts? I told him she stands for goodness and kindness ,what dont you like? Undergo hypnosis, whether it is for medical, psychological, or entertainment purposes. Celebrate Grandparent's Day. Here I am, 42, married to a worldly woman, and I still feel the repercussions of that decision. 3.Associate with people outside their organization when it is not necessary. As members of the International Religious Freedom or Belief Alliance, we note with grave concern the increased repression of Jehovah's Witnesses in a number of countries. Satan is everywhere. Jehovah's Witnesses are among the most racially and ethnically diverse religious groups in America. (3) Associate with people outside their organization when it is not necessary. They do not celebrate Christmas, birthdays or any other holidays. Biblically, while it is true that there is only one God ( Isa. (just copy paste it and change the ones that AREN'T true to bold/another color), 101 Things Jehovahs Witness Cannot Do List, Celebrate Mother's DayCelebrate Father's DayCelebrate Grandparent's DayCelebrate BirthdaysCelebrate ThanksgivingCelebrate New Year's Eve or DayCelebrate ChristmasCelebrate HalloweenCelebrate EasterCelebrate Flag DayCelebrate Independence Day (Fourth of July)Celebrate HanukkahCelebrate St. Patrick's DayCelebrate Valentine's DayCelebrate "Any" HolidaySing any Holiday SongsEat Turkey on ThanksgivingCreate Holiday artwork in schoolJoin the Boy ScoutsJoin the Girl ScoutsBuy Girl Scout CookiesBecome a CheerleaderAttend class reunions (No "Worldly" association)Go to the school promPlay School Sports (No competition allowed)Play Professional SportsJoin any organization that has ties to ChristianityShop at the Salvation ArmyVolunteer for the Salvation ArmyDonate to Relief Organizations like the Red Cross, Salvation Army, Charities and moreShop at Church run thrift storesShop at Church Garage SalesShop at any Store that has Christian tiesContribute to the Red CrossAttend a Church SchoolJoin the YMCAJoin the MilitaryBecome a Police OfficerAttend Alcoholics AnonymousHave any job with a gunStrike against a CompanySalute the FlagCan't Stand at Public Events while others are Standing to salute the FlagSing the National AnthemGo to WarWear Clothing Associated with War; e.g. Cain killed Abel, right, but that can be excused by the fact that Abel was a psychopath and a danger to the community, including to Cains children. It was written over thousands of years by people who believed different things. It was back on December 11, ten years ago, that a motorcyclist stumbled across a woman's body in a wooded area off University Blvd, and called 911. Jehovah's Witnesses and Baha'is were among the most . Its very strict. Practice yoga or attend meditation classes. How many minutes are in a year? Things Jehovah Witnesses Can't Do - Today we'll go through the majority of things a Jehovah Witness cannot do and why. In no place does the Bible state that God prohibits cremation. For many years, artificial insemination has been employed in animal breeding. Numb to birthdays and holidays. "We're Jehovah's Witnesses, so we don't do that," the 36-year-old tennis superstar told reporters at a U.S. Open press conference. Where an avid believer and follower of the Jehovah witness doctrine is erred and declared excommunicado, such person is said to be disfellowshipped. With regards to eating, drinking, and smoking, Jehovahs Witnesses are not allowed to: Jehovahs Witnesses are taught that the primary mission should be to help people spiritually, not materially. Such wickedness was to an extent that He did not want His creation to suffer anymore. The majority of the above-listed offenses are subject to disciplinary action. By clicking Accept All, you consent to the use of ALL the cookies. Perform any sort of religious parts or teaching in front of Jehovahs Witness men. Jehovah's Witnesses often talk about John 1:1 and . 1. I knew all the people coming in and out with cakes and flowers; I had grown up with them for my entire childhood, and they were like a second family. Is it the parents?? Answer (1 of 38): Pretty much everything that's fun. As rigid as these rules may seem, the true and faithful Jehovah Witness members are sticking to them to the last letter. Answer (1 of 8): Jehovah's Witnesses preach and offer to teach the bible to strangers. What characteristics allow plants to survive in the desert? Go to Nightclubs Read philosophy, sociology, psychology; these are discouraged as non spiritual food JWs are discouraged from seeking psychological help from psychiatrists, psycho-therapists, and psychologists because they give "worldly" advice according to the WTBTS. Remarry, unless they were granted a scriptural divorce by the elders on the basis of adultery, or if their spouse is dead. Jehovah's Witnesses worshipped Jesus until 1954, after which they were told such worship was idolatrous. The title says it all. . He said He would raise His very body. ), the most helpful and trustworthy pregnancy and parenting information. (2) Have best friends and activity buddies who are not Jehovah's Witnesses. Their believer can virtually be found anywhere in the world. Probably the best thing I ever did for my children was to cut all ties with the Witnesses. They say Jesus was a profit like John the baptist. ( Psalm 83:18; Revelation 4: 11) He is the God of Abraham, Moses, and Jesus. Saying anything negative or inappropriate about the Jehovah witness is prohibited and as such, members must be like-minded and speak in agreement.. Engage in any homosexual activity or accept the homosexual behavior of others. They equalled the politicians as being the devils advocate. they are! You obviously havent been a Witness for very long. According to the Jehovah's Witnesses, the faith has more than 138,000 members in the UK, and more than eight million internationally. Now days its probably autopay. Homosexuality is forbidden and is subject to severe punishment. God gave man dominion over such creatures and allows him to use them for food, clothing, and so forth. JWs must speak in agreement and be like-minded. The personality of the Father described by Jesus doesnt seem anything like the violent god of the O.T. This is based on their interpretation of the Bible, which states that "alcohol is a mocker and a brawler; it inflames passions and causes fights. They could have spent all this time going to community college, getting a certificate or degree, and having a job (such as medical technician, etc.) Because if it, my introverted side is very much a part of my life. Brain washing is real, the NWT has been modified for the agenda. Apparently its a phenomenon the U.S . In fact, there is a requirement to confess any transgression committed by yourself or others to the elders. That poster is NOT a Biblical scholar, and has NOT read the Bible, and has NOT learned Hebrew. The Jehovah's Witnesses are a growing religion with nearly 8.3 million members, as of reporting in 2016. In the wake of this, Jehovah witness barred it believers from attending other Christian churches for whatever reason. With regards to dressing and grooming, Jehovahs Witnesses are not allowed to: Jehovahs Witnesses are especially strict when it comes to sex and dating. If you dont think their brainwashed, how are you viewed if you didnt get the Jab? Here are the 140 things Jehovah Witnesses cant do: (1) Belong to another organization or club for the purpose of socializing with nonbelievers. It is possible that the failed abortion is suggesting that the initial Je in Jehovah is just some added consonant that is fake, but the ye, which it is in Hebrew, is really there. Say a prayer in the presence of a Jehovahs Witness man. Three More Things Jehovah's Witnesses Can't Do. Are JWs allowed to use any lube when inserting the Watchtower up their butts? I know Jesus told us that he was like the Father, but he didnt act or speak like the god of the O.T. However, its against the doctrine of the Jehovah witness to worship Jesus as God. Women are required to wear long dresses or skirts. Just clear tips and lifehacks for every day. We were asking your stand on those things listed. This people believes that the religion of Christian is clean and sacrosanct and as such, social vices shouldnt be mixed with it. Jehovahs Witnesses publications also suggest that Witnesses listen to this music in their personal time. My brother lost his life to suicide because of their teachings of disfellowship and disassociation. Wear pants to a meeting. it was also at the district conventions too. Yes, Jehovah's Witnesses can celebrate wedding anniversaries. Theres nothing in the Christianity religion that is as controversial as calling or referring to Jesus as God. Use tobacco, sell tobacco, or work for a tobacco company. That can include limiting comments on Quora. Under those conditions, free will is impossible. The college thing changed a few decades ago, because we recognize that now you have trouble paying bills with no degree. Letters are the specific shapes written in an alphabet. Be careful what you do and worship ONLY GOD and NOT man. Jehovah's Witnesses's practices are based on the biblical interpretations of Charles Taze Russell (1852-1916), founder (c. 1881) of the Bible Student movement, and of successive presidents of the Watch Tower Society, Joseph Franklin Rutherford (from 1917 to 1942) and Nathan Homer Knorr (from 1942 to 1977). Thank you for any help. Im not sure what you are asking. Read the elders manual (Shepherd the Flock of God), or any internal elders letters. w16 September p. 18, Five Scary Core Beliefs of the Jehovahs Witness, Watchtower Quotes: Churches and Other Charitable Organizations. Overeating is supposedly a sin according to their Bible but is rarely disciplined, despite obesity being common among the group. Do Jehovahs Witnesses use any sort of weaponry (usually on a persons feet and/or lower legs) which can cause debilitation, amputations, etc. This version is called the New World Translation. Its fascinating and frightening when a family member is a JW. 2. Almost all rational thought gets switched off and everything is what the cult tells them to think. Share any teaching or belief that is contrary to what Jehovahs Witnesses are taught. You shall not lie, but you may refrain from telling the truth to those Jehovah's Witnesses deem do not deserve it.