Lewisville, TX. A native of Florida, he grew up in Pensacola and graduated from the University of Central Florida in 2018. $10.00. The bar, which opened in 2019 in Dallas, serves $12 cocktails amid wooden accents and white-cushioned furniture. The construction of I-35 in the mid-1950s led to the demolition of significant homes and businesses and split a thriving Black community originally founded by formerly enslaved people. Get directions, reviews and information for 77 Degrees - Dallas in Dallas, TX. He said the bar wasnt negligent and employs a dedicated and well-trained staff that includes security personnel such as off-duty police officers. Union venture group is not associated with the gaslamp or Ayman Jarrah. Im Sikh and after 9/11 it was very rough for me. You have a friend in me though! Awesome lighting, and sitting. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. 291. ._1aTW4bdYQHgSZJe7BF2-XV{display:-ms-grid;display:grid;-ms-grid-columns:auto auto 42px;grid-template-columns:auto auto 42px;column-gap:12px}._3b9utyKN3e_kzVZ5ngPqAu,._21RLQh5PvUhC6vOKoFeHUP{font-size:16px;font-weight:500;line-height:20px}._21RLQh5PvUhC6vOKoFeHUP:before{content:"";margin-right:4px;color:#46d160}._22W-auD0n8kTKDVe0vWuyK,._244EzVTQLL3kMNnB03VmxK{display:inline-block;word-break:break-word}._22W-auD0n8kTKDVe0vWuyK{font-weight:500}._22W-auD0n8kTKDVe0vWuyK,._244EzVTQLL3kMNnB03VmxK{font-size:12px;line-height:16px}._244EzVTQLL3kMNnB03VmxK{font-weight:400;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-metaText)}._2xkErp6B3LSS13jtzdNJzO{-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;margin-top:13px;margin-bottom:2px}._2xkErp6B3LSS13jtzdNJzO ._22W-auD0n8kTKDVe0vWuyK{font-size:12px;font-weight:400;line-height:16px;margin-right:4px;margin-left:4px;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-actionIcon)}._2xkErp6B3LSS13jtzdNJzO .je4sRPuSI6UPjZt_xGz8y{border-radius:4px;box-sizing:border-box;height:21px;width:21px}._2xkErp6B3LSS13jtzdNJzO .je4sRPuSI6UPjZt_xGz8y:nth-child(2),._2xkErp6B3LSS13jtzdNJzO .je4sRPuSI6UPjZt_xGz8y:nth-child(3){margin-left:-9px} (Im Asian-American). Yes, but: Cara Mendelsohn was the only council member to vote against adopting the plan, saying the city should already be providing the functions promised in the resolution and council should only commit to subsidizing development in southern Dallas. Savannah M. said: I must say, their food is really good. Myself and 7 other people went to hangout for my friends bday. Officials says the incident happened at the 77 Degrees bar at North Henderson Avenue on Saturday night. Stop by and enjoy our open-air patio, beautiful cocktails, and unique tapas dishes. Support local journalism by becoming a member. Get more local stories in your inbox with Axios Dallas. The Tenth Street Freedmans Town Historic District is included on the National Trust for Historic Preservations 11 Most Endangered Places. Experienced teasing in middle school and had one incident when I lived in Tyler for a few years, but otherwise have been very lucky to not experience anything memorable recently given the past year of hateful rhetoric and acts directed at the API community. That said, maybe they are racist but like fake news, yelp is shit. Eighty years later, DISD aims to make reparations. The owner of that building has been rebranding and remodeling it for the last 5 years in an attempt to escape poor reviews owing to his discriminatory policies. But it seems like I and the rest of the blue collar workers around here don't give a shit about someone's ethnic background. ._9ZuQyDXhFth1qKJF4KNm8{padding:12px 12px 40px}._2iNJX36LR2tMHx_unzEkVM,._1JmnMJclrTwTPpAip5U_Hm{font-size:16px;font-weight:500;line-height:20px;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-bodyText);margin-bottom:40px;padding-top:4px;text-align:left;margin-right:28px}._2iNJX36LR2tMHx_unzEkVM{-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex}._2iNJX36LR2tMHx_unzEkVM ._24r4TaTKqNLBGA3VgswFrN{margin-left:6px}._306gA2lxjCHX44ssikUp3O{margin-bottom:32px}._1Omf6afKRpv3RKNCWjIyJ4{font-size:18px;font-weight:500;line-height:22px;border-bottom:2px solid var(--newCommunityTheme-line);color:var(--newCommunityTheme-bodyText);margin-bottom:8px;padding-bottom:8px}._2Ss7VGMX-UPKt9NhFRtgTz{margin-bottom:24px}._3vWu4F9B4X4Yc-Gm86-FMP{border-bottom:1px solid var(--newCommunityTheme-line);margin-bottom:8px;padding-bottom:2px}._3vWu4F9B4X4Yc-Gm86-FMP:last-of-type{border-bottom-width:0}._2qAEe8HGjtHsuKsHqNCa9u{font-size:14px;font-weight:500;line-height:18px;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-bodyText);padding-bottom:8px;padding-top:8px}.c5RWd-O3CYE-XSLdTyjtI{padding:8px 0}._3whORKuQps-WQpSceAyHuF{font-size:12px;font-weight:400;line-height:16px;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-actionIcon);margin-bottom:8px}._1Qk-ka6_CJz1fU3OUfeznu{margin-bottom:8px}._3ds8Wk2l32hr3hLddQshhG{font-weight:500}._1h0r6vtgOzgWtu-GNBO6Yb,._3ds8Wk2l32hr3hLddQshhG{font-size:12px;line-height:16px;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-actionIcon)}._1h0r6vtgOzgWtu-GNBO6Yb{font-weight:400}.horIoLCod23xkzt7MmTpC{font-size:12px;font-weight:400;line-height:16px;color:#ea0027}._33Iw1wpNZ-uhC05tWsB9xi{margin-top:24px}._2M7LQbQxH40ingJ9h9RslL{font-size:12px;font-weight:400;line-height:16px;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-actionIcon);margin-bottom:8px} We celebrated a 21st birthday here and Michael Frazier was the best!!! A tale as old as time. Irving State Rep Threatens to Shoot Colleague, Call ICE on Protesters. In the 1950s, a special Dallas County grand jury under legendary District Attorney Henry Wade found evidence of White church groups hiring known criminals to carry out bombings of Black folks who dared buy homes in White neighborhoods. To learn more or opt-out, read our Cookie Policy. DALLAS A 25-year . Come see us in Midtown union-venture-group.r365hire.com/jobs Posts Reels Videos Tagged A homophobic racist death trap straight from the mind of a 12 year-old who used to . Kung Fu, an Uptown bar, got in a lot of hot water for refusing to let in men of color, typically black men. We were told to "sit, Kaylin P. said: Walking in, we were sat immediately (party of 6). The owners and employees of 77 Degrees offer their condolences to Mr. Hills family. Menu for 77 Degrees - Dallas Shareables Chips and Dip Plantain chips, blue corn tortilla chips, salsa fresca, salsa verde. 96. This harassment is coming from everyone, from white middle aged blue collar workers to younger minorities of other races. China is a threat to Americas world-power, due to its market, military, and tech. Valet parking available as limited parking around area. . Two years ago, the U.S. Department of Justice had to force Kung Fu Saloon to straighten out its sketchy door policy after several complaints of racism. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. ._1QwShihKKlyRXyQSlqYaWW{height:16px;width:16px;vertical-align:bottom}._2X6EB3ZhEeXCh1eIVA64XM{margin-left:3px}._1jNPl3YUk6zbpLWdjaJT1r{font-size:12px;font-weight:500;line-height:16px;border-radius:2px;display:inline-block;margin-right:5px;overflow:hidden;text-overflow:ellipsis;vertical-align:text-bottom;white-space:pre;word-break:normal;padding:0 4px}._1jNPl3YUk6zbpLWdjaJT1r._39BEcWjOlYi1QGcJil6-yl{padding:0}._2hSecp_zkPm_s5ddV2htoj{font-size:12px;font-weight:500;line-height:16px;border-radius:2px;display:inline-block;margin-right:5px;overflow:hidden;text-overflow:ellipsis;vertical-align:text-bottom;white-space:pre;word-break:normal;margin-left:0;padding:0 4px}._2hSecp_zkPm_s5ddV2htoj._39BEcWjOlYi1QGcJil6-yl{padding:0}._1wzhGvvafQFOWAyA157okr{font-size:12px;font-weight:500;line-height:16px;border-radius:2px;margin-right:5px;overflow:hidden;text-overflow:ellipsis;vertical-align:text-bottom;white-space:pre;word-break:normal;box-sizing:border-box;line-height:14px;padding:0 4px}._3BPVpMSn5b1vb1yTQuqCRH,._1wzhGvvafQFOWAyA157okr{display:inline-block;height:16px}._3BPVpMSn5b1vb1yTQuqCRH{background-color:var(--newRedditTheme-body);border-radius:50%;margin-left:5px;text-align:center;width:16px}._2cvySYWkqJfynvXFOpNc5L{height:10px;width:10px}.aJrgrewN9C8x1Fusdx4hh{padding:2px 8px}._1wj6zoMi6hRP5YhJ8nXWXE{font-size:14px;padding:7px 12px}._2VqfzH0dZ9dIl3XWNxs42y{border-radius:20px}._2VqfzH0dZ9dIl3XWNxs42y:hover{opacity:.85}._2VqfzH0dZ9dIl3XWNxs42y:active{transform:scale(.95)} .LalRrQILNjt65y-p-QlWH{fill:var(--newRedditTheme-actionIcon);height:18px;width:18px}.LalRrQILNjt65y-p-QlWH rect{stroke:var(--newRedditTheme-metaText)}._3J2-xIxxxP9ISzeLWCOUVc{height:18px}.FyLpt0kIWG1bTDWZ8HIL1{margin-top:4px}._2ntJEAiwKXBGvxrJiqxx_2,._1SqBC7PQ5dMOdF0MhPIkA8{vertical-align:middle}._1SqBC7PQ5dMOdF0MhPIkA8{-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;display:-ms-inline-flexbox;display:inline-flex;-ms-flex-direction:row;flex-direction:row;-ms-flex-pack:center;justify-content:center} Attorneys for the family of a 25-year-old man who died after falling from a rooftop bar in Old East Dallas say it was overcrowded and understaffed, according to a new court filing. I highly recommend what @abstraktionary said. I dont have much to contribute to this discussion other than to apologize for your experiences. This bar doesn't seem like the kind of place I would enjoy, but you think Reddit should automatically avoid (read: boycott) this.place because one guy on a Yelp link you've posted says his black friend, who is totally a super bowl champion, didn't get in because of racism? I saw the same pattern of injustice over and over, Yarbrough says. 77 Degrees - HTX (@77htx) Instagram photos and videos 77htx Follow 415 posts 21.9K followers 103 following 77 Degrees - HTX This is Houston's hottest patio playground. The five-member body on Tuesday unanimously . But here we are. We just havent seen it in Ft. Worth or Dallas. But before a hearing on Tuesday, attorneys for both sides came to an agreement about access to the property. Myself or anyone else that night saw no type of discrimination. Dallas' independent source of For the past few weeks I have actually been avoiding wearing my mask because I look less asian without it and I have had significantly less racist attention. There were multiple diverse people that night. Brings new meaning to the phrase Sunday Funday. We even saw the rockets lose to OKC at the bar. There are just a lot of racists out there. If you gotta walk around with your phone in your pocket, recording the world in front of you, do it. Definitely known by the locals as it is packed. and "fuck masks!" Aria has interned at the Austin American-Statesman, the Texas Tribune and the El Paso Times. Come November, Dallas voters will decide on a . Same, im Korean-American living near uptown and have not dealt with any racism yet. Press J to jump to the feed. @keyframes _1tIZttmhLdrIGrB-6VvZcT{0%{opacity:0}to{opacity:1}}._3uK2I0hi3JFTKnMUFHD2Pd,.HQ2VJViRjokXpRbJzPvvc{--infoTextTooltip-overflow-left:0px;font-size:12px;font-weight:500;line-height:16px;padding:3px 9px;position:absolute;border-radius:4px;margin-top:-6px;background:#000;color:#fff;animation:_1tIZttmhLdrIGrB-6VvZcT .5s step-end;z-index:100;white-space:pre-wrap}._3uK2I0hi3JFTKnMUFHD2Pd:after,.HQ2VJViRjokXpRbJzPvvc:after{content:"";position:absolute;top:100%;left:calc(50% - 4px - var(--infoTextTooltip-overflow-left));width:0;height:0;border-top:3px solid #000;border-left:4px solid transparent;border-right:4px solid transparent}._3uK2I0hi3JFTKnMUFHD2Pd{margin-top:6px}._3uK2I0hi3JFTKnMUFHD2Pd:after{border-bottom:3px solid #000;border-top:none;bottom:100%;top:auto} 5 more friends show up and were all hanging out ordering drinks and what not. 77 Degrees Dallas 2107 N Henderson Ave Dallas TX 75206 2) Email you councillor Councilor : Jesse Moreno jesse.moreno@dallas.gov Assistant councilor: Brenda Martinez-Del Rio brenda.mdelrio@dallascit Suggested text if you don't want to compose your own message: Dear Councilors, 77 Degrees is set to debut its four-tiered rooftop layout at 2107 N Henderson Avenue in a 13,000-square-foot space. I will confront the act directly in a safe manner. My take. Yes, you can make a reservation by picking a date, time, and party size. And buried in the proposal is an explosive concept: reparations. Great atmosphere. I know a lot of Texans like to dismiss racism, especially against asians, and I have seen more than a few do it on Reddit but this is really happening to asians literally all the time in our city. Rooftop bar, 77 Degrees next to Wonder Bar. Whether in large groups with other Asians, or taking my mother in law out and about, we havent heard or seen anything. The bar will be open Tuesday through Friday from 4 p.m. to 2 a.m., and 3 p.m. to 2 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Please also read our Privacy Notice and Terms of Use, which became effective December 20, 2019. Police identified the victim as . Still never seen any abuse like this at 7/11 or the other gas stations around. Does 77 Degrees - Dallas take reservations? Live in a conservative area of DFW as well. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. The lawsuit asked a court to prevent the bar and its owners from modifying the railings on the bars rooftop or any surveillance video that captured Hills fall. 77 Degrees. I try my best to discourage stuff like this when I run into it but it's pretty rampant and I think because of Trump the idiots out there feel more emboldened. Dallas has approved a resolution acknowledging the city's racist past and promising to invest in solutions to make all communities equitable. Hill, who is from Bridgeport, fell over the third-floor railing on March 12 and suffered extensive injuries and bleeding in the brain, leading to his death, according to the lawsuit reviewed by The Dallas Morning News. Dedman College of Humanities and Sciences, Moody School of Graduate and Advanced Studies, Simmons School of Education and Human Development. I want to say that I "can't believe" that's happening. Red lining ruined parts of the city. Dallas Police inditified 25-year-old Christopher Hill as the man who fell to his death. I office out of a highly Korean part of town with a ton of construction worker types that also work in the area. I think someone else said it, but with a username like kickoutracism that was JUST created today April 7,2021.this is one of those posts Id say to take with generous grains of salt. You calling Andrew L. from Austin, TX with 185 friends, 24 reviews and 6 photos who along with a friend who is a Super Bowl CHAMPION wide receiver for the Colts in the NFL a LIAR?! 77 Degrees Dallas, TX 75206 - Menu, 61 Reviews and 37 Photos - Restaurantji 77 Degrees 3.0 - 127 votes. During trump, I saw hate crimes rise against Hispanics and blacks. Copyright 2023, D Magazine Partners, Inc. #1999 of 13034 places to eat in Dallas. Come get on our level SMUis the nationally ranked global research university in the dynamic city of Dallas. Dallas County joined a growing number of local and state governments this week declaring racism a public health emergency. Unfortunately now the Asian community is being targeted. The Bar 77 Degrees frequently plays music in contravention of Dallas City Code, typically occurring on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings until 2am: . This is more of a response to this older post that I didn't get a chance to comment on and the recent racism I have faced as an asian in Dallas. What's next: This year's Big D Reads book is "The Accommodation," which details the bombings at Black homes and the city's attempt to desegregate in the 1950s and 1960s. Awesome lighting, and sitting. Christopher Hill's family filed a temporary restraining order against 77 Degrees, the Old East Dallas bar where he celebrated St. Patrick's Day. We're just trying to get through the day. Third-degree racism can be deadly. She is a graduate of the University of Texas at Austin and Dallas College. The filing says 77 Degrees failed to exercise ordinary care and that its negligence caused Hills death. Sitting on the terrace, you can enjoy a great view. Construction of Central Expressway bisected a thriving Black community. In a separate matter, the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission last week began an investigation into 77 Degrees. Witnesses told police that Hill was leaning against the railing when he went over and onto the ground. Find one of the deck chairs, or occupy one of the hanging, egg-shaped chairs. Later my group went to the parking lot to listen to some music, then left. A lot of guests find that the service is acceptable. Cool drinks, loved their swings on the rooftop. ._38lwnrIpIyqxDfAF1iwhcV{background-color:var(--newCommunityTheme-widgetColors-lineColor);border:none;height:1px;margin:16px 0}._37coyt0h8ryIQubA7RHmUc{margin-top:12px;padding-top:12px}._2XJvPvYIEYtcS4ORsDXwa3,._2Vkdik1Q8k0lBEhhA_lRKE,.icon._2Vkdik1Q8k0lBEhhA_lRKE{border-radius:100%;box-sizing:border-box;-ms-flex:none;flex:none;margin-right:8px}._2Vkdik1Q8k0lBEhhA_lRKE,.icon._2Vkdik1Q8k0lBEhhA_lRKE{background-position:50%;background-repeat:no-repeat;background-size:100%;height:54px;width:54px;font-size:54px;line-height:54px}._2Vkdik1Q8k0lBEhhA_lRKE._1uo2TG25LvAJS3bl-u72J4,.icon._2Vkdik1Q8k0lBEhhA_lRKE._1uo2TG25LvAJS3bl-u72J4{filter:blur()}.eGjjbHtkgFc-SYka3LM3M,.icon.eGjjbHtkgFc-SYka3LM3M{border-radius:100%;box-sizing:border-box;-ms-flex:none;flex:none;margin-right:8px;background-position:50%;background-repeat:no-repeat;background-size:100%;height:36px;width:36px}.eGjjbHtkgFc-SYka3LM3M._1uo2TG25LvAJS3bl-u72J4,.icon.eGjjbHtkgFc-SYka3LM3M._1uo2TG25LvAJS3bl-u72J4{filter:blur()}._3nzVPnRRnrls4DOXO_I0fn{margin:auto 0 auto auto;padding-top:10px;vertical-align:middle}._3nzVPnRRnrls4DOXO_I0fn ._1LAmcxBaaqShJsi8RNT-Vp i{color:unset}._2bWoGvMqVhMWwhp4Pgt4LP{margin:16px 0;font-size:12px;font-weight:400;line-height:16px}.icon.tWeTbHFf02PguTEonwJD0{margin-right:4px;vertical-align:top}._2AbGMsrZJPHrLm9e-oyW1E{width:180px;text-align:center}.icon._1cB7-TWJtfCxXAqqeyVb2q{cursor:pointer;margin-left:6px;height:14px;fill:#dadada;font-size:12px;vertical-align:middle}.hpxKmfWP2ZiwdKaWpefMn{background-color:var(--newCommunityTheme-active);background-size:cover;background-image:var(--newCommunityTheme-banner-backgroundImage);background-position-y:center;background-position-x:center;background-repeat:no-repeat;border-radius:3px 3px 0 0;height:34px;margin:-12px -12px 10px}._20Kb6TX_CdnePoT8iEsls6{-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;margin-bottom:8px}._20Kb6TX_CdnePoT8iEsls6>*{display:inline-block;vertical-align:middle}.t9oUK2WY0d28lhLAh3N5q{margin-top:-23px}._2KqgQ5WzoQRJqjjoznu22o{display:inline-block;-ms-flex-negative:0;flex-shrink:0;position:relative}._2D7eYuDY6cYGtybECmsxvE{-ms-flex:1 1 auto;flex:1 1 auto;overflow:hidden;text-overflow:ellipsis}._2D7eYuDY6cYGtybECmsxvE:hover{text-decoration:underline}._19bCWnxeTjqzBElWZfIlJb{font-size:16px;font-weight:500;line-height:20px;display:inline-block}._2TC7AdkcuxFIFKRO_VWis8{margin-left:10px;margin-top:30px}._2TC7AdkcuxFIFKRO_VWis8._35WVFxUni5zeFkPk7O4iiB{margin-top:35px}._1LAmcxBaaqShJsi8RNT-Vp{padding:0 2px 0 4px;vertical-align:middle}._2BY2-wxSbNFYqAy98jWyTC{margin-top:10px}._3sGbDVmLJd_8OV8Kfl7dVv{font-family:Noto Sans,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:14px;font-weight:400;line-height:21px;margin-top:8px;word-wrap:break-word}._1qiHDKK74j6hUNxM0p9ZIp{margin-top:12px}.Jy6FIGP1NvWbVjQZN7FHA,._326PJFFRv8chYfOlaEYmGt,._1eMniuqQCoYf3kOpyx83Jj,._1cDoUuVvel5B1n5wa3K507{-ms-flex-pack:center;justify-content:center;margin-top:12px;width:100%}._1eMniuqQCoYf3kOpyx83Jj{margin-bottom:8px}._2_w8DCFR-DCxgxlP1SGNq5{margin-right:4px;vertical-align:middle}._1aS-wQ7rpbcxKT0d5kjrbh{border-radius:4px;display:inline-block;padding:4px}._2cn386lOe1A_DTmBUA-qSM{border-top:1px solid var(--newCommunityTheme-widgetColors-lineColor);margin-top:10px}._2Zdkj7cQEO3zSGHGK2XnZv{display:inline-block}.wzFxUZxKK8HkWiEhs0tyE{font-size:12px;font-weight:700;line-height:16px;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-button);cursor:pointer;text-align:left;margin-top:2px}._3R24jLERJTaoRbM_vYd9v0._3R24jLERJTaoRbM_vYd9v0._3R24jLERJTaoRbM_vYd9v0{display:none}.yobE-ux_T1smVDcFMMKFv{font-size:16px;font-weight:500;line-height:20px}._1vPW2g721nsu89X6ojahiX{margin-top:12px}._pTJqhLm_UAXS5SZtLPKd{text-transform:none} .FIYolDqalszTnjjNfThfT{max-width:256px;white-space:normal;text-align:center} Very nice bar rooftop club to enjoy on the weekends. Im also 1st gen Chinese American. Also carry self defense weapons such as a knife at all times and get deadly fast with pulling it out. I live in Uptown and my workplace is in Downtown so I spend most of my days in these areas. Grab the crew and claim one of the couches, or take over one of the massive rope-suspended swings. Infrastructure is symptomatic of a larger ill racism, he says. Damn shame you are dealing with that, but Im not sure it is super prevalent around this area. The Dallas native knew nothing about the racial history buried under the highways he traveled every day until he conducted research for his paper, which led to his book, Paved a Way, Infrastructure, Policy and Racism in an American City (New Degree Press, 2021). ._3oeM4kc-2-4z-A0RTQLg0I{display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-pack:justify;justify-content:space-between} If the temperatures were just a little bit cooler, it would almost feel like being in a decidedly more beachy locale, maybe Santorini or Tulum. Why it matters: People of color in Dallas have a shorter life expectancy, earn less than the city's white residents and are less likely to own a home. ._1LHxa-yaHJwrPK8kuyv_Y4{width:100%}._1LHxa-yaHJwrPK8kuyv_Y4:hover ._31L3r0EWsU0weoMZvEJcUA{display:none}._1LHxa-yaHJwrPK8kuyv_Y4 ._31L3r0EWsU0weoMZvEJcUA,._1LHxa-yaHJwrPK8kuyv_Y4:hover ._11Zy7Yp4S1ZArNqhUQ0jZW{display:block}._1LHxa-yaHJwrPK8kuyv_Y4 ._11Zy7Yp4S1ZArNqhUQ0jZW{display:none} The freshest news from the local food world, By submitting your email, you agree to our, Step Inside 77 Degrees, Henderson Avenues Stunning New Rooftop Bar, Sign up for the Kung Fu, an Uptown bar, got in a lot of hot water for refusing to let in men of color, typically black men. Aria Jones, Breaking news reporter. I'm out and about a lot in Uptown and Downtown for my work. I honestly haven't experienced any racism here personally since I've moved to Dallas almost 8 years ago. 77 Degrees will officially open its doors on Wednesday, August 28. A law degree offers many ways to fight racism through civil rights law, immigration law, criminal defense, and other fields. That's crazy. You can find some tik toks or youtube videos of the same shit. Dallas police say the incident happened at the 77 Degrees rooftop bar on North Henderson Avenue. Id like to seek ways to prevent infrastructure from promoting racism again.. This is not just a Dallas or a Texas thing. The big picture: The racial equity plan calls for increasing loan opportunities for minority-owned businesses, eliminating industrial zoning in residential neighborhoods, spreading affordable housing throughout the city and improving sidewalks in southern Dallas ZIP codes with poor infrastructure. 77 degrees is a favorite of mine! 77 Degrees - Dallas accepts credit cards. There is a great view from this bar. Dallas ISDs Fight to Fix the Most Racist Map of Dallas. According to a press release, 77 Degrees is designed "to evoke rum-soaked evenings in the Caribbean or tequila . By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. In the last 6 months I have had people spit on me, cough on me or just say vile racist things to me on the streets in broad daylight on a weekly basis. /*# sourceMappingURL=https://www.redditstatic.com/desktop2x/chunkCSS/IdCard.ea0ac1df4e6491a16d39_.css.map*/._2JU2WQDzn5pAlpxqChbxr7{height:16px;margin-right:8px;width:16px}._3E45je-29yDjfFqFcLCXyH{margin-top:16px}._13YtS_rCnVZG1ns2xaCalg{font-family:Noto Sans,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:14px;font-weight:400;line-height:18px;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex}._1m5fPZN4q3vKVg9SgU43u2{margin-top:12px}._17A-IdW3j1_fI_pN-8tMV-{display:inline-block;margin-bottom:8px;margin-right:5px}._5MIPBF8A9vXwwXFumpGqY{border-radius:20px;font-size:12px;font-weight:500;letter-spacing:0;line-height:16px;padding:3px 10px;text-transform:none}._5MIPBF8A9vXwwXFumpGqY:focus{outline:unset} ._2ik4YxCeEmPotQkDrf9tT5{width:100%}._1DR1r7cWVoK2RVj_pKKyPF,._2ik4YxCeEmPotQkDrf9tT5{display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center}._1DR1r7cWVoK2RVj_pKKyPF{-ms-flex-pack:center;justify-content:center;max-width:100%}._1CVe5UNoFFPNZQdcj1E7qb{-ms-flex-negative:0;flex-shrink:0;margin-right:4px}._2UOVKq8AASb4UjcU1wrCil{height:28px;width:28px;margin-top:6px}.FB0XngPKpgt3Ui354TbYQ{display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-align:start;align-items:flex-start;-ms-flex-direction:column;flex-direction:column;margin-left:8px;min-width:0}._3tIyrJzJQoNhuwDSYG5PGy{display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;width:100%}.TIveY2GD5UQpMI7hBO69I{font-size:12px;font-weight:500;line-height:16px;color:var(--newRedditTheme-titleText);white-space:nowrap;overflow:hidden;text-overflow:ellipsis}.e9ybGKB-qvCqbOOAHfFpF{display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;width:100%;max-width:100%;margin-top:2px}.y3jF8D--GYQUXbjpSOL5.y3jF8D--GYQUXbjpSOL5{font-weight:400;box-sizing:border-box}._28u73JpPTG4y_Vu5Qute7n{margin-left:4px}