If its a nice day, take your meal outside to one of the picnic tables. Next up along I-95 is the beautiful state of Maryland! ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-66779039', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Wilmington, or maybe Raleigh could make nice stops. The route continues into Canada, where you can cross the border into New Brunswick. There's a pretty trippy statue at National Harbor in Maryland called The Awakening. Presumably they'd like a nice meal and you're sure to find better pickings in Wilmington than you will in Lumberton, which is a pretty miserable town. Best kept secrets: Roadside attractions in the Carolinas The breakfast country ham slices with eggs comes with grits, biscuits, and coffee is about as Southern a welcome as you can find, while lunch and dinner entrees like fried chicken, country style steak with gravy, and hot roast beef all come with two vegetables and hush puppies or rolls. Just remember this is still a functioning cemetery and some of the visitors are there to grieve, so keep it respectful. The spirit of the 18th century is still very much alive on the streets of Fredericksburg, Virginia. Like Delaware, I-95 doesn't spend a ton of time in New Jersey, but it's at least worth getting out of the car here at a place like the Bamboo Forest in New Brunswick. Once you take I-95 across the state line into Massachusetts, hit up Fall River's Battleship Cove and see the world's largest collection of U.S. naval warships. }, false ); The 5 Best I-95 Rest Stops | TransForce Included in the room rate are a homemade breakfast and an evening glass of wine at the bar. Urban Air Trampoline Park Things to do Play spaces This gym has seven Built by an eccentric heartbroken man, entirely by hand, Coral Castle is full of mystery and wonder, and it's definitely an essential roadside attraction just off I-95. Tybee is a beautiful island, and its a very popular destination for Midwesterners to road trip to during the summer months. Favorite I-95 overnight stop? - iRV2 Forums The Cloisters Museum & Gardens Anywhere 1-2 hours away from Raleigh/Durham airport? Car Travel with Kids by Interstate - Pitstops for Kids If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. NC Tripping uses Mediavine to manage all third-party advertising on this Website. 480 N Brooks St, Manning, SC 29102. Mansion on Forsyth Park, Autograph Collection, DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh - Brownstone - University, 10 Stops You Cant Miss on an I-40 Road Trip, Road Trips to Take in Your 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, and Beyond. At the Busch Wildlife Sanctuary you can wander along trails featuring various wildlife habitats, and all sorts of different native animals, including eagles, panthers, crocodiles, snakes, and more. I am driving a far distance and my stopping point will be somewhere in NC. From there, hop back in the car and cruise to South Beach, one of the swankiest beaches along the East Coast. This park is home to the worlds biggest collection of endangered and rare waterfowl. Best Gas Prices; State Guides; Advertise With Us; Login; Register; iExit Home; Choose State; North Carolina; I-95; Truck Stops; I-95 Exits in North Carolina Showing: Truck Friendly (Truck Stops) Clear. Mel Fisher is a real-life Indiana Jones who has spent more than 20 years recovering lost artifacts from Davy Jones' Locker. There are over 19 acres of museum grounds, which include a 19th century maritime village recreation, a working shipyard, and over 500 historic watercraft, including four National Historic Landmark vessels, like the 1841 whale ship the Charles W. Morgan, which is Americas oldest commercial ship. fbq('init', '754829038551418', {}, { Its like stepping into Medieval Europe, but in New York definitely a surreal experience that shouldnt be missed. Exit 169 in South Carolina-TV Road. Popular sides include collard greens, hush puppies, and dirty rice. The latest CDC guidance is here; find a COVID-19 vaccination site here. Its 200 spacious rooms and suites are clean, traditionally decorated, and well outfitted with mini-fridges, coffeemakers, and robes. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-66782086', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Wilmington would call for a fairly major route change coming into MB on US 17. "name":"Thrifty", A quick detour from Savannah to the Tybee Island Lighthouse and Museum is worthwhile. The pool is filled with fresh water every day, straight from artesian wells. TX Tractor mississippi state cheer roster Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 2 Pack Fleetguard FS19805 Fuel Water Separator Filter Same as WF10163, P502566 at the best online prices at . Details about these events can be found at the Museum of the Cape Fear. Step 2: Place the fuel catching container under the tank. "@context":"http://schema.org", There are cool-looking 19th century stone walls that divide the park up. You can walk around the state historic site (Exit 160) today and learn about this event and more about the area. Smallest Church in America Then, for something completely different, travel just under an hour to the UFO Welcome Center in Bowman. Combination platters like oxtail and chicken or beef and shrimp are available, and sides include plantains, steamed cabbage, and rice peas. The landscape will change drastically as you drive up the coast, so soak up the sun and unique wildlife while you can! But in this post, were only going to include those that lead to attractions that we specify. Before leaving Massachusetts, pull over at the Museum of Bad Art (MOBA) in the funky town of Somerville to indulge in some of the worst cultural output our nation has ever been unfortunate enough to witness. We love visiting to enjoy all these things but understand theres so much more to Cumberland County beyond Hope Mills and Fayetteville. Sides like mashed potatoes and gravy, macaroni salad, and potato salad are available in pint or half-pint portions, and breakfast is served all day. That ruling was eventually overturned in 1938. Walks at Lake Wilson Reservoir (Exit 121) are nice, too, especially if you indulged with some awesome Eastern NC barbecue in Wilson. Attractions on I-95 in Virginia | USA Today Just remember this is still a functioning cemetery and some of the visitors are there to grieve, so keep it respectful. The crazy curved wall of bathrooms was nominated for 2014 restroom of the year! Any suggestions? It looks like a massive giant is trying to come out of the ground, and makes a very cool photo op. .inside-article{ Surviving I-95 on Your Way to Orlando - Theme Park Insider Affordable lunch combinations and larger entrees lean heavily on familiar Mexican staples like burritos, fajitas, tacos, and more. Its one of the best memorial parks around commemorating the Civil War. And there you have it! I plan to stop every 1.5-2 hours on our trips (NC to FL, we also took a trip NC to NY over the holidays) but I have 4 young children so we needed time to stretch out legs. Dont miss the tulip poplar forest and nature center when you visit! Durham, North Carolina - Wikipedia ", x. . Trips run north to south, just reverse them when traveling north. There's the American Visionary Art Museum and the Edgar Allan Poe House and Museum. } ); It wont be long before you find yourself in Boston! Raven Rock State Park is about 40 minutes east of Benson and one of our favorite spots to hike, especially to the overlook that stands above the Cape Fear River. .wp-show-posts a { Whether you're driving from Orlando to Washington, DC or from New Hampshire to Fayetteville, NC, you'll find lots of great options for everything from a quick bathroom break to an overnight stay with fast food, gas, and gift shops. Pat yourself on the back, because you just visited all of the major attractions along I-95! Pricing for Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square. A post shared by Books and Beans (@booksandbeans). Events are held each week and the Sunday farmers market is one of our favorites throughout North Carolina! Plenty of Hampton Inn-style hotels right off 95 in both locations. If you have time to visit Tybee Island Lighthouse and Museum, you should definitely make the quick detour from Savannah. If you've ever traveled I-95 through North Carolina, you've experienced the traffic jams as you pass mile after tedious mile of loblolly pines and highway construction barrels. Pro tip: use the potty. Arguably, the most popular feature of the New England Aquarium is the Giant Ocean Tank. U.S. Route 2 (also known as U.S. Highway 2) was nicknamed The Great Northern in commemoration of the historic transcontinental railroad that helped pioneer the settlement of the West. Roughly a third of the USA population knows I-95 as well as they know the back of their hand. The Morris House Hotel, the Franklin Hotel, and the Warwick Hotel are all comfy. .ai-viewport-1 { display: none !important;} Mystic Seaport is Americas foremost maritime museum. Very handy to 95. 10 Stops You Can't Miss on Your I-95 Road Trip. Don't use RV slots. The Revere Hotel, the Liberty Hotel, and the Bertram Inn are some of the nice hotel options in Boston. Hands down, one of the best gardens in all of America is just off I-95. They have a large selection of taps and cans if youd like to grab something to go. I-95 Road Trip: 17 Can't-Miss Stops | Our State "datePublished":"2017-09-07T09:31:18.322Z", Concord Mills Mall 8111 Concord Mills Boulevard, Concord, NC 28027. Situated near the heart of the city, this hotel is an ideal spot for a quick stay in the area thats close to all of the spots youre going to want to see. t.src=v;s=b.getElementsByTagName(e)[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(t,s)}(window, If you are a golfer, Southern Pines would be of interest but not maybe not for your family. It's interesting to note that the top five rest stops are clustered around two locations. The 5 Best I-95 Rest Stops. Its seaport recreates a 19th-century village with over 60 restored buildings and more than 500 historic ships. } A post shared by Napkins Restaurant (@napkinsnc). Megan. Interstate 95 is also the country . Mystic Seaport is America's foremost maritime museum. Since its within 30 minutes of Oak City, its convenient for day trips from Raleigh and also, the capital citys neighbor Durham. Mel Fisher is a real-life Indiana Jones who has spent more than 20 years recovering lost treasures from the bottom of the sea. 9 Reasons Everyone Should Go On a Cross-Country Road Trip in the U.S. 2018 DTG Operations, Inc. All rights reserved. Find this weathered shack nestled between two gas stations. Open in Google Maps. Google maps gives Richmond to Myrtle Beach straight down I-95 a 4:59 travel time (324 miles). Top 3 Overnight Stopover Cities for I-95 Travelers There are just way too many incredible sights to see in New York City, especially if youre just passing through. Tourist Attractions near I-77 exits in South Carolina 33. When in Philadelphia, visit Independence Hall early to get your ticket for free, or you can pay a tiny fee of $1.50 for the convenience of buying one online. RV Directory; List Your Company; Truckstop Directory; . "width":"162", Its a roadside theme park thats super cheesy, but the kids will probably have a blast. Interstate 10. At the Busch Wildlife Sanctuary, you can wander along trails featuring various natural habitats and displays of native animals, including eagles, panthers, crocodiles, snakes, and more. } Ralphs is right off the highway in Weldon and offers sandwiches, seafood, dinner plates, and a bevy of Southern sides that do well for takeout (hello, barbecue sandwiches to go) or dine-in. Walmart said on Friday that it would stop selling e-cigarettes at its stores in the United States, dealing a new blow to the vaping industry as concerns mount over the health risks .Hyppe Max Mesh 1500 Disposable Vape Pen - (1 Pack) 7 Reviews $9.99 $3.99 Add to Cart YAYA Go 1600 NTN Disposable Vape Pen - (1 Pack) 3 Reviews $9.50 $7.50 Add to . Savannah is one of the U.S.'s most picturesque cities. Interstate 95, or I-95, is the main artery for travelers moving up or down the East Coast, including Virginia. Tiny St. Pauls, North Carolina (population 2,107 in 2019) is home to one of the states tastiest soul food restaurants. "@id": "https://pblog.thrifty.com/classic-road-trips/ultimate-guide-must-see-attractions-along-95/" Make your first stop the South Carolina State Museum in Columbia. 95 is mostly two lanes in each direction with tons of tractor-trailers regularly switching lanes going about two . Longwood Gardens Richmond to Wilmington to Myrtle gets 5hrs and 17min (336 miles). $$. Very cozy feel, Very clean all around! It's just a simple unmarked stone monument dedicated to Eunice Goody Cole, AKA the witch of Hampton, who was accused of witchcraft in 1656. Built at the turn of the century about 15 miles outside of Boston, the 90-acre grounds are home to an English-inspired mansion and formal gardens filled with geraniums, coral bells, and irises. Interstate 95 is also the countrys longest North-South road, but not all of that thoroughfare is exactly scenic. A playground will keep the kids busy while the adults can grab some of Dirtbags award-winning beers to go, and theres even a dog park for those four-legged road trippers who need a break. Parker's in Wilson is much closer to the interstate and about as good. Next up along I-95 is the beautiful state of Maryland! Gillette Castle State Park Elsewhere in this Johnston County town, you can learn about this area at the Benson Museum of Local History. Pricing for Kimpton Marlowe Hotel. In addition to fishing, theres also plenty of hiking and camping is offered. Water Country Beefmastor is such a Wilson institution that, for some folks, it is the road trip destination. Once you cross the border to North Carolina, you can pull over for a couple hours (or more) at the Airborne & Special Operations Museum in Fayetteville. You could easily spend a few hours exploring the exhibits here, which chronicle the often-overlooked roles and importance of women in in the U.S. Army. 25 Fun Places To Stop Along I-85 From North Carolina To Florida Roadtripping Down I95 - 13 Must-See Attractions and Cities I-95 is the main highway that travels up and down the East Coast of America, pretty parallel to the Atlantic Ocean, so you're never really too far away from the beach on an I-95 road trip. bottom: 80px; /* 80px from the bottom of your screen */ carfon. At Wertheim Refuge, see osprey dive for fish along the Carmans River. Bird watchers can hunt the skies for red-tailed hawks, yellow-bellied sapsuckers, warblers, or one of the many species that nest in the area. "@type": "WebPage", /***Underline Links***/ North Carolina Tourism North Carolina Hotels North Carolina Bed and Breakfast . If I want to visit Duke University "keywords":["united-states","road-trip","trip-planning","attractions","i-95","east-coast"], There are cool-looking 19th century stone walls that divide the park up. Affiliate links linking to products we love may be found in our articles. Ralphs coleslaw is based on a 70-year-old recipe, and other sides include collards, mac n cheese, and Southern-style green beans. For a fun little side trip off I-95, head to Cumberland Island National Seashore. .inside-footer-widgets a { In 2019-20, UNC's athletic department had a deficit of $2.6 million (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? A guided tour will only set you back $5. Looking for a good place to stop along I-95. You can see gold, gem-studded jewelry, old coins, and more. Re: Looking for a good place to stop along I-95. 1,184 . This place offers an experience beyond delicious brews. .site-header .header-image { Her mark is felt elsewhere, too, especially at the Rat Pack-decorated Smithfields Chicken N Bar-B-Q (Exit 93). When you think of Des Moines, IA you probably think of a bustling mid-western city that is nestled next to the beautiful Des Moines river.