Teen Scenes are located throughout the state of Alabama Email: lifegateacademy@gmail.com offers two options of membership: Social and Academic. Thus, THSC, LLC was born. Phone: (205) 433-9828 Use tab to navigate through the menu items. Phone: (256) 417-5151 Alabama Homeschool Organizations (Statewide) CHEF of Alabama Alabama Statewide Founded in 1988 to serve all home educators in Alabama by providing information, services, and resources from a Christian perspective to anyone who needs help in the area of home schooling. 5651 AL Hwy 40, Valley Head, AL 35989 I am so truly grateful. Email: ezekielacademy@gmail.com Choose Online Testing for additional benefits! God has equipped us for this, but its ok to reach out and let someone help. This group for secular homeschoolers in the Huntsville metro area to connect on Facebook. $125 yearly fee for first child, $10 for each additional child. Christian, but we welcome all. Phone: (334) 398-2008 Home | Community Bible Study Whether youre brand new to homeschooling or youve been teaching your kids for awhile, this unique 14-day online course is for you. This is a Facebook-based homeschool support group of Christian homeschool families. Located inside LifeChurch, behind JoAnn Fabrics. Birmingham Homeschool Fair - City's Premiere Homeschool Event They are the family who can truly understand my daily struggles as a homeschooling mom. Contact: Dr. Jeff Cerny Come to the Birmingham Homeschool Fair & Convention in April, and watch for BHCs Homeschooling Workshops this spring. These events have become a highlight of the year for the thousands of families who attend. LCA provides guidance and support to homeschooling families. Mountain Brook Community Church This Facebook group provides support to homeschoolers online and group outings as well. Box 159, Eva, AL 35621 This homeschool network group on Facebook is to help support Alabama homeschoolers and provide communication for all homeschoolers statewide. Join us on Youth Sports Night. Homeschooling Workshops for Parents April 2, 2020 | by Admin Virtual Event 2020 Branches of Government Printable April 2, 2020 | by Admin Virtual Event 2020 Local Government Printable April 2, 2020 | by Admin Virtual Event 2020 Author and Illustrator | Jonathan Bean April 2, 2020 | by Admin Virtual Event 2020 Kristy Trent - Facebook Live Contact: Carren Joye or Dora Bennage Anyone is welcome as long as they check their religion at the door. This Facebook group is for south Alabama homeschoolers to swap, share, or sell any curriculum. Homeschool Alabama (formerly CHEF of Alabama) is a 501-C (3) non-profit organization that exists to inform and connect Alabama homeschoolers. Homeschool Connections proudly serves the MetroDetroit homeschool community by offering innovative, high-quality classes in several locations across southeastern Michigan. LCA offers monthly fieldtrips. http://www.ezekielacademy.org Phone: (251) 259-8440 Keystones LLC - Owners John-Mark and Grace McGaha provide group music and choir instruction. Contact: Sandra Summerford Homeschoolers realized that forming a church school for homeschooling parents was a viable legal alternative, and church schools were formed across the state for the purpose of providing legal cover for homeschooling, thus giving rise to the term cover schools. A certified teacher could use the private tutor law to teach his/her own children. http://www.excaliburschool.org Tuscaloosa Home Educators (THE) Edit Remove More They are the family that welcomed me with open arms when we had to move out of state and join a new CC family! Read about some of our graduates, student organizations, academic departments, and more on The BSC Blog. The possibilities are endless! Homeschool Labs at McWane Science Center | Birmingham, AL Eden Academy of Tuscaloosa Support Group Edit Remove More We offer a complete range of services from SAT testing to a full sports program. Great Birmingham Area Alabama Honor School Edit Remove More Visit the website atBirminghamHomeschoolFair.comto register. Associations | Church Cover Schools | Events | Field Trips |Legal Information | Support Groups. have changed the way we teach, shop, keep records, even parent. Homeschooling communities As well as joining local groups and meeting nearby friends and peers who're treading the same path as you, you can further boost your home education social circle via the internet. Classical Conversations is so much more than a homeschooling program. Festivals & Events - Greater Birmingham Convention & Visitors Bureau Our focus and purpose has now evolved to be a landing pad that centers the educational development of Black and Brown homeschoolers. Creekside Academy - HOMESCHOOL-LIFE.COM We are going into our 5th year at CC. Its work is supported by tax-deductible contributions of individuals and families. Although our community formed in 2019 as Birmingham Area Homeschool Moms, it was not until. 6159 Moffett Road, Mobile, AL 36618 Let us minister to your family and help you in your homeschooling adventure! Volunteers watched bills coming before the legislature in Montgomery to alert homeschoolers if any new legal challenge arose. Join the Homeschool Alabama Facebook Group, and make sure we are members of your Facebook group too. . Each human life is precious and bears the image of God. This is a Facebook group for mom/families who rely on God to guide them through their homeschooling journey. Our company is hosted on the Wix.com platform. What sets CC apart isnt the carefully crafted history sentences, the infectious list of pronouns the kids chant, or the way you can tweak it to be whatever you want at home. Mobile Co. & Baldwin Co. Church of Christ Homeschoolers. http://www.northsidebibleacademy.com Take a moment and read our Statement of Faith here. Cornerstone Co-op | Cornerstone Homeschool Co-op 35057 Wednesdays 9am-4pm. We need your help to keep us informed about things you are hearing in your community, or get the word out. Many are now taking notice of the "great Exodus" from traditional/public school. Our mission is to create a safe space for Black and Brown homeschooled children to learn, play and grow. Used Curriculum Sale - Birmingham Homeschool Fair Email: excalibur@knology.net 3001 Hwy 280 East Birmingham, Alabama 35243 (205) 802-7070 info@mbcc.us. I have to admit, I heard this question a couple times when I first decided to homeschool, but most people I come across dont ask it anymore. Contact: Susan Hubbard Children are under the authority (as we are under the authority of God) of their parents on earth and are to love, respect and honor both mother and father. This Facebook group is a community and networking resource for homeschoolers in the Auburn/Opelika/etc area to offer classes, clubs and social activities, as well as share information to help you homeschooling. and much more. http://birminghamhomeschoolers.com This Alabama co-op offers two options of membership: Social and Academic. Montgomery AL site on a regular basis. Welcome to Bridge Academy! Elmore County Homeschool Org Edit Remove More Fill out the survey (coming soon) for each participating child before testing is complete. Email: admin@hopechristian.net Alabama Hope Academy is one of the oldest cover, church, umbrella schools in Alabama. While we do not provide homeschool services, we are a membership based support group for homeschool families in the Birmingham Area that centers Black and Brown homeschooled children with planned activities and field trips throughout the school year. Valleydale Christian Church and Academy Edit Remove More Contact: Teresa Burton This is a no-fee support group for Birmingham area homeschool families available through Facebook. Phone: (256) 494-1600 SCOPE Homeschool Group Moody We are working to provide a central place for moms and dads to connect with Christian individuals that have skill sets that will enhance the homeschooling experience. Watford home educators Facebook group. 245 High St, 245 High St, Montgomery, AL 36104, USA. It is required to be registered with your county if your child is compulsory age (6-17). Community is a very valuable part of CC. This is a membership based, Christian organization dedicated to serving home educators and students by providing support, encouragement, and activities. Many of our families participate in the activities offered by Birmingham Homeschoolers Community . We provide all three diplomas and transcripts. When you begin to homeschool, finding a connection that gives you the opportunity to share experiences, get advice, and find friends is often a lifeline. Cornerstone Homeschool Cooperative Alabama Homeschool Co-ops A common outgrowth of an organized support group is a homeschool cooperative (also called a "co-op"). Our Programs. Since 1991 Asbury Academy has served the Greater Birmingham Alabama area as an inclusive homeschooling group. Phone/Fax: (256) 747-1704 Please be aware when . This Facebook group is open to all pagan and pagan-friendly families in Alabama who homeschool. Let me introduce myself, I am a Child of God first, saved by the blood of Jesus Christ; second a wife and third a mother to five blessings (1 girl and 4 boys). Read more Low fees; 9 or 12-month schooling option; K5 and high school graduation Phone: (256) 931-4673 We will offer a refund (minus processing costs) within 30 days of the registered and paid event. Perfecting Reconciliation Church Interna, 1723 3rd Ave N, Bessemer, AL 35020, USA. Email: pathwaysacademy@hotmail.com Homeschool parents, children, tutors, and anyone interested in learning online, a structured home classroom or unstructured unschooling will find A2Z Home's Cool an "cool" home school blog. Your data may be stored through Wix.coms data storage, databases and the general Wix.com applications. Programs Archive - Classical Conversations "We unapologetically center and advocate on behalf of Black and Brown children. Homeschool Alabama provided education for homeschoolers through its annual conventions and curriculum fairs. 600 Dexter Ave, 600 Dexter Ave, Montgomery, AL 36104, USA. Most homeschooling families are looking for the direct personal connection that, The Navigators is a homeschool cooperative that meets in Daphne, Alabama. Phone: (256) 796-8533 There are a wealth of homeschooling communities, groups and forums packed full of parents and educators just like you. P.O. So stay in touch. HUGE List of Homeschool Conventions & Conferences - My Joy-Filled Life If you take a ticket, you MUST use the ticket. Next Birmingham School Health Support Service. Please adjust your search criteria and try again. Email: elmore.co.homeschool.org@gmail.com All Scripture is God-breathed, the infallible and inerrant word of God and being Truth, requires our unreserved submission in all areas of life. Phone: (205) 467-2039 Cornerstone Homeschool Co-op believes in the right of every parent to determine the educational path of their children. We have been so pleased with Excelsior. Phone: (251) 937-1199 Birmingham, AL Email: info@ birminghamhomeschoolers.com http://birminghamhomeschoolers.com A support group offering field trips, teen events, preschool events, monthly parties (Valentine's Day, Thanksgiving Feast, etc. How do you approach teaching your child a new subject? CLICK HERE TO PRINT, and Fill In this T-shirt Order form, scan, and send to CommunityHomeschool Center@gmail.com, Annual Curriculum and Book Sale at the CHC - look to the book sale tab for details, 2020 by COMMUNITY HOMESCHOOL CENTER. This all-inclusive homeschool group is specifically to help homeschoolers become their own homeschool. The Birmingham Zoo is Alabama's must-see attraction, with approximately 950 animals of 230 species calling it home. Homeschooling Groups and Community Support | Edplace This Facebook group is for homeschoolers in Marshall County Alabama. My kids flourished, recognizing the education they were receiving in a CC community was different than many of their peers. 2023 Homeschool Conventions | Teach Them Diligently Contact: Angela Ballard Phone: (205) 664-2232 Monday - Friday: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm. Secular Homeschooling Teens - Birmingham AL area "This group is meant for secular homeschooling families in the Birmingham, Alabama area with teens and preteens (11 and up). Enrolls year-round. The company's filing status is listed as Active and its File Number is 516-015. As I was repeatedly receiving questions like, How can I homeschool and work?, How can I homeschool children in multiple grades?, How can I teach my child to read? How do I teach my child Algebra?etc etc etc; it became apparent that we needed a community of resources. Learn More About Us Our Programs by Age Foundations http://www.saralandchristianacademy.com 107 Kannon Dr, Madison, AL 35758 Marriage is defined by Scripture as an exclusive and covenantal relationship between one man and one woman. Read more Birmingham Homeschoolers Community info@birminghamhomeschoolers.com http://birminghamhomeschoolers.com Today Upcoming February 2023 Fri 10 February 10 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm BHC Valentine's Day Party Cahaba Lily Park 3200 County Road 52, Helena, AL Join with other area homeschool families for a Valentine's swap and competition. More about our Accreditation. Ive been blessed to be at home with my children and we have been homeschooling since my daughter was 5. We arent alone! This battle was going on across the nation. We are a no-fee support group with a goal to connect all homeschool families together in the Birmingham metro area for sharing information and building community. Box 7892, Oxford, AL 36203 Sorry, no records were found. Classical Catholic Homeschool Program - Catholic Schoolhouse Join, Share, Connect today! However, the primary teaching responsibility of each student remains with the parent. Let us know what youre planning. Email: lcanews@libertychurcharab.com Birmingham Homeschool Fair - City's Premiere Homeschool Event Birmingham Homeschool Fair March 23-25, 2023 Marriott Birmingham & Highlands College Grandview Parkway, Birmingham Register NOW 23 Days 13 Hours 57 Minutes 47 Seconds Featured Speaker College/Career Fair Homeschool Alabama is governed by a self-perpetuating volunteer board of veteran home educators from across Alabama. Ezekiel Academy Edit Remove More One of the first steps when deciding to homeschool is to reach out to local homeschoolers for support, comradery, and interactions. Local Homeschool Groups - VaHomeschoolers Cashapp: $BHOBIRMINGHAM, Alys Robinson Stephens Performing Arts C, 1200 10th Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA, Interactive musical presentation of Romeo and Juliet (suitable for all ages k-12), Providing Support For Homeschool Families. Fax: (866) 858-5775 The program seeks to do this by offering quality academic classes taught by teachers who openly express faith in our Lord Jesus . Email: mail@lifechurch.ws Help keep our community safe from the spread of Covid! We are church school servicing North Alabama. Explore our free printable resources such as planners, unit studies, and worksheets. What Curriculum Should I Use For My Preschooler? I am a grandmother homeschooling my 9-year-old granddaughter who has been through a lot of trauma with both parents. Claim. The membership fee is $200 per year per family. This group also offers a Facebook group. Do you need help streamlining paperwork and tuition payments? Email: honorschoolalabama@gmail.com The mission of ZooSchool at the Birmingham Zoo is to engage and inspire curiosity in 7th-grade students through an innovative, hands-on, standards-based curriculum. Contact: Steve & Renae Pruitt whether in Birmingham or around the world. I cant imagine being on this journey alone, as a lone wolf. I love how CC covers aspects of homeschooling that I would not get to on my own, such as weekly science experiments and art projects, and memorizing a world history Timeline of events. The Home School Community is all about the Christian homeschooling family. Isle of Wight Learning Zone support group on the Isle of Wight. 2020 by COMMUNITY HOMESCHOOL CENTER. This Media Toolkit is an evolving collection of professionally-designed multimedia resources to equip you as you invite your friends, family, and communities to join in the study of John this Fall. Families who attend homeschool conventions and are engaging in community groups are more likely to continue homeschooling and to do it more effectively than those who don't. Teach Them Diligently has been producing homeschool events for 10 years. My energy was now focused on growing as a classical learner alongside my kids. CC provides a one stop shop for all of my homeschooling needs. Northside Bible Academy Homeschool Covering Edit Remove As part of the research study, Alabama families can order the Iowa Assessment from BJUP at a 10% discount, using a special code. Our field trips, special activities, and community service projects normally take place in Mobile or Baldwin Counties in Southwest Alabama. Creating a login will allow you to contribute to the Statewide homeschool groups can help you find different resources that are available throughout the state. Our group offers field trips, a resource library and activities for our students. Get started creating a balanced school and family life with proven learning styles, methodology, and curriculum. We often need assistance from someone who has experience in a specific area or just general homeschooling experience. B.E.E.C.H. Homeschool Community We are also able to offer a more informal partnership package that is bespoke for individual schools. Tallapoosa County Homeschool Association (TCHA) Edit Remove More PROVIDE A BENCHMARKStandardized tests indicate how your child compares academically to other children at their grade level. http://www.alabamahomeschooling.com/2009/12/teen-scene.html The Exceptional Foundation Chili Cook-Off. Excelsior is a family-oriented home school resource center that offers classes for four-year-old to high school seniors. Email: home.education@birmingham.gov.uk. There are many ways to be part of the A2Z Home's Cool Pay enrollment fee, fill out enrollment forms online, be enrolled within minutes. 1091 Old Railroad Bed Rd, Madison, AL 35757 Now, Ive homeschooled two children through high school. I could focus on enjoying learning alongside my children! Heritage Christian School Edit Remove More Phone: (251) 661-0114 Contact: Mary Beachy or Gina White Im looking forward to seeing this Community grow. As stated above, God created each person as a unique individual with gifts and a purpose. 2408 Valleydale Road, Birmingham, AL 35244 My CC community breathes flavor, energy, and structure into my homeschool. Our commitment is to the children in the homeschool community. 4280 Deatsville HWY Deatsville Al 36022 God created us (parents and children alike) to be different, but its for a wonderful purpose. Contact: Mrs. Denise Driskell or Mrs. Darlene Harcrow Join Director of UAB's Arts in Medicine, Kimberly Kirklin, and teaching Artist Alecia Martinez as we explore our emotions through visual art. Phone: (205) 987-6286 The CHC is a Membership Facility for Homeschoolers, by Homeschoolers. We are an intentionally small (K-12) day school devoted to educating the whole person. Setup your account on BJU Homeschools Parent Portal using Homeschool Alabamas link. Statewide homeschool groups can help you find different resources that are available throughout the state. The Registered Agent on file for this company is Warlick, Mary Claire and is located at 2724 Altadena Lake Drive, Birmingham, AL 35243. Phone: (251) 391-4663 Box 100993, Irondale, AL 35210 here, where thousands of homeschoolers look for resources in their state! Matthew 28:18-19 & 1 Peter 3:15. CLICK HERE for all the seller information. Our homeschooling community is here to support you with the warmth you need to feel welcome, the advice you need to be inspired, and the tools you need to homeschool well. Contact: Home School Director Red Mountain Community School Contact: Michele Penton 2700 N University Blvd., Mobile, AL 36618 Because homeschooled students historically score very high, the larger the number of students tested, the more convincing our scores become to both legislators and the public. We have partnered with our sister company, In the summer of 2019, Black Homeschoolers of Birmingham began with. Fax: (334) 513-1775 to help get you started on your homeschooling journey. Other Christ-followers with whom we can worship God, serve His church, and pursue His mission. Whatever your homeschool needs, weve got homeschool resources for ALL homeschoolers from A2Z! https://www.honorschoolalabama.com Our program is especially designed to foster relationships within a rich and varied curriculum of books, materials and experiences. I would like to home school but i dont know where to start, can you help me? Pathways Academy Resource Center: 410 South 3rd Street, Gadsden, AL 35901 No specific homeschool law has ever been passed by the Alabama legislature.Homeschool Alabama (formerly Christian Home Education Fellowship of Alabama or CHEF) was founded in 1988 by a group of volunteers who banded together to support the fledgling home education movement in Alabama. Contact: Vanessa Carlson This is a private Facebook group for homeschoolers in Morgan and Madison counties. This Facebook group list is only for the posting of activities and events of interest to home educators in the state of Alabama. Best Teacher-Led Homeschool Program of 2023. A ministry that serves as a Christan church school for homeschool families in the state of Alabama, offering athletics, tutorial classes, field trips, standardized testing, high school transcripts, a commencement/graduation ceremony, and dual enrollment classes for high school students. The idea behind a co-op is to create a regular educational opportunity where homeschoolers can participate in group learning. Alabama Homeschool Organizations & Support Groups - TheHomeSchoolMom This Facebook group is for Alabama families that lean toward unschooling methods of educating their children. This Facebook group is to help homeschoolers in the Madison County area coordinate group activities to build friendship and encourage socialization. THE membership is open to all Tuscaloosa-area homeschoolers, regardless of personal beliefs. Life begins at conception. We also provide many membership benefits, including record keeping and high school diploma. Membership in Pathways Academy is open in July, August, September, and January for prospective homeschooling families. Phone: (251) 661-6343 Find out how to list your attraction, resort, local classes, teacher's store, tutoring service, state history/curriculum, college, camp, or other local resource or event here, where thousands of homeschoolers look for resources in their state! Previous Further help and support for home education. In 2014 the legislature passed a law that allows homeschooling parents to use the private school law. We do not charge a membership fee to access our information, and any homeschool family is welcome to join us regardless of location or covering. Excelsior Classical Christian Community is a community of like-minded believers educating our children in the classical tradition of our forebears. This will continue to be updated in the, Drop in and explore college/career options as well as other resources for high school students and families. Watch and learn tricks and techniques from real homeschooling moms. Everything is offered as a support and not as a requirement. Northern Gulf Coast Home Educators Edit Remove More Contact: Stuart Whitney Session 1 Application Born of a virgin, conceived through the Holy Spirit. We are based in Etowah County, AL, but cover families in the state of Alabama. We offer weekly classes, monthly field trips, mom's night out, yearbook, Key Club, K-Kids, and much more. I learned to relax and enjoy the children God had given me and the purpose of education. http://lifechurchacademy.wordpress.com/ Go to http://www.academydays.com for schedule and class information on Academy Days Co-op. Elmore County Homeschool Organization is a social/support group for homeschooling families. CEO | Excelsior Multi Academy Trust. He is truly God and truly man. Find Homeschool Groups Near Me | Homeschool .com Email: valleydaleacademy@yahoo.com Red Mountain Community School is an educational offering to the families of Birmingham, Alabama in the Charlotte Mason tradition.