Musk generated wide ranging problems for On any given day, fifty-plus young men and women live locked behind bars in the Jefferson County Jail in Port Hadlock. Update: Does Jefferson Healthcares MyChart Send Patient Data to Facebook? Obituaries about previously healthy residents who died following their jabs never mention After declaring a housing emergency in Jefferson County, public officials have now taken action to make the situation worse. An 83-year-old Port Angeles man has been sentenced to almost eight years in prison for the sexual abuse of his granddaughter. The incident occurred on July 26 at the Mountain View pool, which is a City of Port Townsend facility operated by the Olympic Peninsula YMCA, according to local news outlet Port Townsend. The Wild Fish Conservancy, a Washington-based nonprofit, has been pushing litigation forward that could cancel operations of , There are few structures as important to Olympic Peninsula residents as the Hood Canal Bridge. Anglin said the man was arrested and the stabbing victim was taken by a medical airlift helicopter to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle. Teenagers easily gained entrance to the derelict Carmel House and trashed it. . While we were enjoying the fine weather, our federal and state governments have continued with their plans to protect us from Covid. Will Port Townsends Next Demonstration Be Peaceful? The article is a case report of autopsy findings in a 76-year-old man who had Meet Alexander Zachary French. It looks like maybe the city is somewhat taking care of its largest, most Last November, a group of concerned parents of Port Townsend School District (PTSD) students garnered nearly 600 signatures on apetitiondemanding that there be no Covid-19 vax mandates for school attendance. I was among the three hundred plus citizens who packed the meeting room at Fort Worden Commons for what the city described as Open House #1, City of Port Townsend Golf Course plus Mountain View Commons Planning Effort. . Attendees are invited to stay for Chancel Choir rehearsals at 7 p. m. Jamal Rahman will be the guest speaker at Olympic Unitarian Universalist Fellowship. A New Team Steps Up, Fairgrounds Wild West Spurs Neighbors To Demand Action, Cherry Street Project Costs Soar In Bayside Housing Proposal, Eviction Moratorium and New Regulations Reducing the Supply of Rental Properties, New Wrinkle in Jefferson Countys Fourth COVID Death, Port Townsend and the Food Co-op Use Police to Suppress Dissent, Victory: My Lawsuit Against Jefferson County. 8 R.A. Long's fourth-quarter comeback attempt to win 57-55 in Friday's elimination game at the Yakima Valley SunDome. I had scooted across 19th Street, going north on Landes after leaving the Safeway. In our legal system, unless a court finds reversible error or there is a gross miscarriage of justice, that verdict should be accepted. In speaking with the city, and state fish and game representatives, it seems that there is more to come. John Lewis. Haas refused to meet her, a young Filipino woman with the initials SL, Michael Haas is under investigation and trying to run out the clock before voters can learn about it. After beating Vashon Island , The East Jefferson Rivals boys basketball teams quest for the postseason was interrupted by Life Christian Academy as the , Lawsuit over Southeast Alaska fisheries makes waves locally, Peninsula businesses react to weekend Hood Canal Bridge shutdowns in summer, New exhibit expands perspectives through place, City of Port Townsend approves $50k software upgrade, Port Townsend Police Log | Downtown window smashed, Jefferson County Sheriff's Office | Unwelcome camper, Port Townsend man faces felony charge for stealing cart, Man accused of selling raven accepts plea deal, Jefferson County Sheriff's Log | The party's over, Brinnon School Districtgets perfect state audit, Seattle singer/songwriter performs in Chimacum, Texan singer/songwriter to play at the Palindrome, Award-winning folk duo plays Concerts in the Woods, Safeway to host drive-up vaccination clinic, Peninsula College adjusts COVID policy as class starts. The Rangers first fell to Pope , Quilcene couldnt find its range as the team lost to Pope John Paul II in girls varsity basketball. Port Townsend's liberal elite wanted to jump on the sanctuary city bandwagon. Douglas-Smith is the pastor at Unity in Port Townsend, 3918 San Juan Ave. Some people are wearing them. All the various boards of the county and city are appointed Thanksgiving will not be stopped by COVID. That is our considered position on local beer and were sticking to it. Four other law enforcement vehicles were also on scene; from the sheriff's office, Washington State Patrol, and Port Townsend Police Department. We are not all in this together. But they have: more young people have died of drug overdoses and suicides since this pandemic began than of COVID-19. I appreciated her telling "I'm going to continue to mask, I'm going to continue to distance. 4:55 a.m.: WSDOT has closed State Route 9 south of Francis Road through Clear Lake, Washington due to water over the roadway. Stay current with all the latest and breaking news about, Looking for a source we don't already have? McEntire is well-known by A Concerened Citizen of Port Townsend | Jul 15, 2020. Reservations for travel from March 26 , Port Townsend is inching closer to addressing affordable housing through Evans Vista, a planned development on 14 acres of land northwest of the Port Townsend Paper Mill. We're so happy you're here! Satellite. It looked like he had fallen off a new Cannondale road bike. It is in such dire straits the owner has established a Go Fund Me campaign. "Will it be necessary for us to form armed nightly patrols?" Students from Port Townsend and Quilcene are fastening fantasy , Jefferson Healthcare Medical Center is filling up with people with respiratory problems, Jefferson County Public Hospital District , The Port Townsend Safeway will hold a drive-up vaccination clinic this weekend. Even the buyer's agent is part of the problem, for they are incentivized to seek a higher sale price though that goes against One segment of the housing market can and should bear higher taxes to generate funding for affordable housing. . Mental health incidents are up 27%. In early October 2021 the Leader reported that the Lombardy poplars along Sims Way were to be cut down. Also relevant: The Questions Michael Haas Won't Answer. So much for a beer tasting review. Michael Haas has refused to answer any questions on how he handled the case of State versus McAllister and the woman at the center of that rape case. Important Data Update We recently updated many US towns and cities (19000 locations) population numbers to include the latest . Port Townsend, WA 360-379-1070. Featuring Local Daily News, Weather, Webcams, Road Conditions and Events for Port Angeles, Sequim, Forks and the entire Olympic Peninsula. It is tied up in their homes. Four and a half years after being floated here from Victoria, B.C., the 1950s building, known as "The Cherry Street project" or "The Carmel House" continues to deteriorate. The story has received no coverage by local newspapers. Peninsula Daily News Obituaries - Legacy.com The question for today is whether their voice will continue to be disregarded by the Port Townsend political elite. More than 1,900 student-athletes , The 32nd year of sailboat racing throughout the salty blue sea and snow-capped mountain backdrop of Port Townsend Bay is returning soon, with local mariners tuning their rigs, loading their gear, and , With three East Jefferson Rivals wrestlers finishing in the top three of their weight divisions at Regionals, Jameson Henery, Mi Amada Lanphear Ramirez, and Devon Bennett-Anderson are headed for the , The East Jefferson Rivals varsity boys basketball team was eliminated from the first round of the Nisqually League playoffs after losing to Vashon Island High School 57-43 on Saturday. She was born on Jan. 4, 1938 in Spokane, Washington to the late Everett and Olga Armstrong. We get it. It can be seen miles away in Puget Sound as ferry passengers cross from Coupeville. My Clallam County is a news site by Radio Pacific Inc. KONP News Radio 101.7Fm, 101.3FM, 1450AM, 102.1 FM The Strait and 104.9 FM KZQM Rock Classic Hits. It was initiated in August 2021, receiving approval from the Port Kevin, at the end of the day, I believe that this mandate was the wrong choice for the PUD and our community and wholly unnecessary. He died at the age of 46 on January 29, 2023 at home in Port Angeles, Wash. from complications of rectal cancer discovered in June 2021 . The Port Townsend City Council heard my policing concerns in this Public Comment at their September 6 meeting: In past public comments, I regularly asked about police staffing. Tech news and scoops | Port Townsend Leader Local 20/20 is excited to announcement that the Port Townsend StyroCyclers, which has been recycling Styrofoam in Jefferson County since 2021 is now part of Local 20/20, a project in our Beyond Waste action group! This is my dilemma, as I attempt to regain balance after witnessing what Id previously considered fellow human beings descend into hate-filled and menacingnihilists who felt such righteousness of cause, any questioning of method or An angry white crowd screaming at a Black woman pleading for civil rights. What's this all about? EVERETT, Wash. The missing persons case-turned-homicide of Kathy Dobson, also known by her maiden name Kathy Dawson, rocked Snohomish County 32 years ago. Like Jay Inslee's lockdown, their cure could be doing more damage than it Something was off. It has been five months since our family business was declared non-essential. The Dear Port Townsend Free Press readers: As you know, the censorship window has been closing on all forms of free speech and alternative views for some time now. Marine Trades Directory | Port of Port Townsend In late February, I received an email from a Port Townsend friend about her 85-year-old aunts rapid decline following her first shot of Pfizer's experimental mRNA vaccine. A Wind Advisory was issued for the Admiralty Inlet north until 8 a.m. Friday, Wednesday marks another chilly day in Puget Sound as more snow and below-freezing conditions hit the region. A Washington native, born January 20, 1984, . Updated March 3 with information from the Snohomish County Sheriffs Office and The Hand Up Project Executive Team. Jefferson dispatch. There are also some prepared food venders with amazing products. News | Peninsula Daily News My Russian fianc Elena and I, along with our new baby, could have easily obtained a Canadian tourist visa, hopped the ferry in Victoria, B.C., and illegally set up home in sanctuary city Port Townsend. But not a question was raised, not a word of concern was uttered from any of the Gene based vaccines have never been used on humans before. Read Story. March 1, 2023 1:30 am . A man screams for help. Port Townsend News - Facebook This Is Not Over Sorting Truth from Deception in YMCA Blame Game. First We asked all candidates in the race for the open seat representing District 3 on the Jefferson County Commission the same four questions. A lesbian being shouted down by a mostly male mob decked out in Pride colors. In it, I asked "What's with Republicans?" It took growing up around people of every race and nationality to recognize systemic racism. That was what Dr. Thomas Locke, Jefferson County's Public Health Officer, told the Board of Health. The charge was trespassing, but it was really about a woman's refusal to wear a mask while shopping in the Port Townsend Food Co-op. Port Townsend is all about local, sustainable and organic. Jefferson County, WA Breaking News Headlines Today | Ground News Forget failed predictions. Port Townsend police received the call for a boat sunk near the city dock at 7:06 a.m. , Lynn Beaushaw of Keystone Masonry replaces bricks on the front of the 1st Security Bank building on Water Street in downtown Port Townsend. In the realm of policymaking, global to local, predicted costs of measures taken today often bear little resemblance to the reality that unfolds. Subsequently we have learned that a three-pronged project is underway moving at precipitous speed. I designated myself an "essential worker" and continued my office IT job as always, as did all my coworkers. There are legends among us in our area. A Free Press reader sent us the following list. Policies have been changed so that Jefferson County's on-line public forum complies with Constitutional protections of freedom of expression. The communications, uncovered through a public records request submitted by Rachelle Merle and shared with Port Why are we constantly being hammered with climate alarmism, Covid alarmism and racial alarmism? No Department of Justice investigations or complaints by civil rights groups that our police have systematically, even occasionally targeted minority citizens. Port Townsend FreePress | a source for original reporting, investigation, and commentary. A man said he later encountered the suspected driver on Highway 104 near OLYMPIA Washington fishery managers today unveiled forecasts for salmon returning to state waters in 2023, with some changes expected from 2022, including a predicted increase in many coho returns across the state. Sure, he didnt get a carbon tax to hold up as an example of the sacrifice his state was willing to make. The Jefferson County General Fund budget is projected to operate at a deficit in 2019, with spending to be 3.6% greater than revenue, according to the draft budget proposal from County Administrator Philip Morleys office. That's how it goes with dictators. Eden Gebru pleaded guilty to the charge of false claims or proof on Feb. 23 in King County Superior Court. Home | Peninsula Daily News Restoration planting season underway along Tarboo Creek Volunteers needed for upcoming events 3 hours ago Swimming cougars cast new light on cat movement 3 hours ago Paintings, photography, wood relief on view during Port Townsend art walk 3 hours ago Sequim Sunshine Festival celebrates 'Blue Hole' 1 day ago An out-of-state donor made the largest single contribution to top finisher Heidi Eisenhour. "Deputies and officers from Port Townsend arrived on scene where they could hear a male subject screaming within a motorhome," Anglin said. Jefferson County | Peninsula Daily News For we are, as the Psalmist said, like grass: were here today, gone tomorrow. The first six months of Ravyn's journey opened with happiness and hope then crashed hard into the reality of being a teen mother. You may not know that the Free Press website mysteriously crashed on Thursday, March 17th. This Clallam County legal challenge received skewed coverage in local media, clearly intended to diminish its credibility. Public discourse is a process that involves dialog among trusted parties to discover the best Anti-Police Politicians Now Desperate for More Law Enforcement.