I recognize you from another thread about difficulties with a TA, so I see why you haven't called. I am ready to cancel and rebook on Princess website myself! Under the same program, the line now allows passengers to cancel two months out for a full refund to the original form of payment. Norwegian Cruise Line Cancellation Policy. If they cancel fewer than 60 days prior, refunds will be issued according to the temporary, flexible schedule. Read our Passage Contract to learn more about refunds. EMS8, October 15, 2017 in Princess Cruises. Check with a travel agent or travel insurance provider, and be sure to read the fine print before making a purchase. Credits must be used to book a voyage that departs on or before Sept. 30, 2022. For bookings made outside of the United States and Canada, a different cancellation policy may apply. CC Help Jenn As we respect our guests money and time, we have increased the number of team members supporting this enormous effort and have made modifications to our systems. If all the perks, if any are the same, then should be no problemo. TA puts the cabin/suite on hold with the new prices. Cruises And Coronavirus: How To Rebook Your Vacation - The The worst they could say is no, but if you don't ask, then the answer is definitely no. -webkit-appearance: none; Decide where to go, when, how long, everythingthe choice is yours! If you have a Park Hopper Ticket, you can visit any of the four Disney theme parks on the same day. Cruisers can cancel to receive a full refund in the form of FCC to be used for a different sailing, which must depart by Dec. 31, 2022. If after you've booked you notice the price goes down, there are a few things you might be able to do. Refunds will be returned to the original form of payment, less any nonrefundable deposits or cancellation fees, which will be returned in the form of FCC to be used on a future booking. I have had my cruise fare reduced by my TA when the cruise fare dropped without having to cancel and rebook. It would be worth it to transfer it back IMO due to the pre-paid gratuities. Anyone who books a Virgin Voyages sailing on or before May 31, 2022, for a cruise departing on or before Oct. 15, 2022, is eligible to receive a full refund in the form of FCC when they cancel at least 48 hours before theyre scheduled to set sail. Best card for premium perks while traveling, Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card, The Business Platinum Card from American Express, Looking back: How my points and miles strategy has changed over the years, The best increased card offers to sign up for this March, The northern lights are moving south: Here are the best places around the world to see them in 2023, 10 mistakes to avoid when booking your cruise. Check It Out For Passengers who have booked a CruiseTour and desire to cancel their tour portion while retaining the Cruise, refunds of the CruiseTour Fare (including any applicable supplement charges) shall be made in accordance with the following cancellation policy. Can anyone confirm that? Making requests to dine the way you want is easy read more. Can you cancel and rebook the same cruise?? - Cruise It still might be better to cancel (and possibly lose a deposit) and re-book at a. I would be cranky if my travel agent didn't respond within a few hours. You can also look up the agency on the Better Business Bureau and usually obtain information on who is the owner (they also usually have a phone number). Cruise Coupons can be combined with future cruise credits and other discounts, but any promotions attached to the canceled booking will not be carried over to new reservations. Passengers who used future cruise credit to book one of these canceled sailings will see the full amount of the credit refunded to their Latitudes account within seven days. It is a risk but we now typically take by booking inside the final payment window. You do have to ask them though - as some people may have their hearts set on a particular stateroom location, and depending on your preference you might want to stick with the inside. This is certainly the exception more than it is the rule, so don't expect a simple refund or any compensation at all like this, but as always, be nice, say please and thank you, and see what happens. For more cruise news, reviews and tips, sign up for TPGs cruise newsletter. What is Princess cancels my cruise and I do not accept an alternate cruise or if Princess delays my cruise for more than 3 calendar days and I choose not to travel on a delayed cruise?Details are contained in our Nonperformance of Cruise: Refund Policy and Instructions. padding: 8px 20px; So, my TA made a new booking for a same category suite on the other side of the ship, and then cancelled the original booking with Princess whilst promising to keep checking for my old suite to come back onto inventory so that they could move me back into my original suite. CC Help Jenn Learn all about our flexible booking options and sailing with peace of mind. For booked guests, please review your booking confirmation email which contains the cancellation schedule and final payment terms that apply to you. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Related: Does MSCs latest vessel really cater to Americans? (Proof of a positive test result is required. Check with your preferred cruise line to see if they're offering this flexibility. On previous cruises where I did use a TA, that's how it works. if I decide to cancel and re-book all purchases will be automatically cancelled or do I need to cancel them before, I'm very happy my TA just called me I have bee upgraded from inside GTY to veranda GTY (maybe 2c) and $30 less, Our TA has always worked this sort of thing out for us. But hours later, EVDEN EvE naKliYaT we realised that we had accidentally booked for November 2023. Contact the Better Business Bureau and lodge an official complaint. Powered by Invision Community. Although conditions on cruise ships are generally safer than on land, you might be wondering if theres a way to cancel or postpone your voyage due to COVID-19 concerns. The only thing that my TA has said is if we cancel and rebook we might need to use a different credit card. Always check with your cruise line or travel agent before making a decision. All sorted by my TA (can't mention the TA on here, but think of a very vocal MP). Easier to do than to deal with you cancelling and rebooking, or giving a refund. Should you choose to change your original ship and/or sail date, if you booked directly with us, please contact our Consumer Outreach team where a representative will assist in making the desired changes, while also applying the qualifying change fee(s) and collecting payment, if not already done so. To learn more about Princess cancellation policy exceptions, please read the Passage Contract. One of the reason one engages the services of a TA. And yes, my T.A. Have you ever had a big 'win' with a price change? Passengers who test positive or who have been exposed will also be granted 100% FCC. You will be able to leave a comment after signing in, By Celebrity used to not allow this, but I think that has changed. For over a decade we've trusted the same folks to make our vacations better. For those who made bookings by April 29, 2022, for sailings departing before December 31, 2022, Azamara is allowing passengers to cancel as little as 48 hours ahead of their sailings. Read about the benefits of Princess Vacation Protection.Guests in other regions may have alternative coverage options and they should refer to our FAQs for additional information. Depending on when the cruise is canceled, cancellation charges will be assessed as stated on the Cancellation Fee Schedule. Credit ranges are a variation of FICO Score 8, one of many types of credit scores lenders may use when considering your credit card application. WebIf we are able to secure a replacement port, guests will receive a refund if there is any overage between the taxes, fees and port expenses of the cancelled and the replacement We'll have posts coming up soon on how to select a good agent, but price dropscenarios are actually one good measure of the kind of service an agent can provide to you. margin: 0; Check here before booking an award fare. When will I receive my refund if I cancel?We want you to know that we hear you and understand your frustration with the time it is taking to receive your refund. The T.A. Lets just say you paid $2000 for your cruise and with the new itinerary there were many cancellations, can you get a refund and rebook the new low price? This was all through a TA. Thank you for your patience in these extraordinary circumstances. Passengers on canceled sailings will receive full refunds to their original forms of payment, along with a coupon for 10 percent off a future sailing departing through 2022 (if a 10 percent coupon was not already received under a previously canceled sailing). Need to consider all aspects. did this for me two days ago, all the things you mention for two February 2018 cruises. Can you still cancel? if I decide to cancel and re-book all purchases will be automatically cancelled or do I need to cancel them before, I'm very happy my TA just called me I have bee upgraded from inside GTY to veranda GTY (maybe 2c) and $30 less, Our TA has always worked this sort of thing out for us. Have a tip about watching for price drops? Celebrity does not give me any information because I booked with a What it was like on the first Azamara cruise since the line split with Royal Caribbean Group, Take a look at Carnivals Mardi Gras (yes, the one with the roller coaster), Heres a first look at Celebritys new Celebrity Apex, Cunard becomes one of the first lines to mandate vaccine boosters, A Disney cruise vs. a visit to Disney World during the pandemic, Curious about Holland Americas newest Rotterdam? Guide to Norwegian Cruise Line suites: What's included? In the past, I've personally had good luck with Disney Cruise Line refunding me back significant amounts of money because of price drops. Yes, you can cancel and rebook. Cruise lines don't want to deal with this hassle, so they'll make it easy to work through updating the price, generally keeping in place other parts of your booking, maintaining the same reservation number, etc. Another question I also purchase shore excursions, beverages and internet. Refunds are not issued for unsailed days if a passenger chooses to leave a sailing that has already commenced. Apply and select your preferred metal Card design: classic Platinum Card, Platinum x Kehinde Wiley, or Platinum x Julie Mehretu. Your current one is clearly not doing its job[/quote']. As a frequent cruiser, some of the things I see folks pack on cruise ships shockme. Yes! ^new credit card? Although our practice is to issue a future cruise credit automatically, you may insteadcontact us to request a refund. Click on your cruise lines name below to find out more. 's OBC. To get around this all you have to do is book a different cabin type. What else are you getting for that rate? So my message to the OP is that you have a problem with your cruise/travel agency. For over a decade we've trusted the same folks to make our vacations better. Celebrity used to not allow this, but I think that has changed. ;). I like to be able to address price cuts myself ASAP but enjoy the OBC they can offer. 75% of total price. Breeze through security with CLEAR lanes available at 100+ airports, stadiums, and entertainment venues and get up to $189 back per calendar year on your membership when you use your Card. Because there are none available, I am "stuck" with the Sip and Sale package or risk losing my stateroom. Princess also told them that they would do the change in a matter of minutes but that 'momentarily' (their word not mine), during the short period between it being released to inventory and me being re-booked into it, there was a risk of losing my existing stateroom, (a suite on the South American side for a Panama Canal cruise which were showing as all sold - though there were two suites in the same category on the other side of the ship). Refunds for Delayed Sailings or Sailings Cancelled by Royal Caribbean. I have been trying to re-fare a window suite. Enrollment required. For sailings that don't fall within those parameters, the line's standard cancellation policies apply. We have also cancelled a cruise just prior to final payment and then re-booked it at a significantly reduced price during the final payment period-in this instance about 45 days out. This card comes with a long list of benefits, including access to Centurion Lounges, complimentary elite status with Hilton and Marriott, at least $500 in assorted annual statement credits and so much more. We are now refunding millions of dollars per week and are actively working through our back log. The actual times, however, will vary by sailing. Sounds like your TA just upgraded you to an equivalent category matching $$$ what you originally paid. 60 to 31 days. Cancel and rebook flights Bogdan Khmelnytskyi/iStock/Getty Images Plus So, although I was monitoring what was going on, my TA was on the game, and had been ahead of me with the result that I got my original suite and the promotion. For all Silversea sailings scheduled to depart through March 31, 2023, cruisers can cancel and choose either a full refund or credit to be used for a future cruise booking with the line. :), Congratulations! They will receive 100% of the cruise fare paid in the form of FCC. Honestly - if someone calls and says the agency has neglected to return any calls for weeks (and obviously if it is a repeat issue that they have heard from others), I have no doubt Princess will take this back. Get up to $300 back per calendar year on the Equinox+ digital fitness app, or eligible Equinox club memberships when you pay with your Platinum Card. Let's say you paid $1000 for a cruise, and the cruise line will charge 25% if you cancel between 90 and 75 days prior to your sail date, returning $750 back to you. (Under normal circumstances, it must be done at least four months out.). 19952023, The Independent Traveler, Inc. As long as you're not in love with the cabin that you have booked. Sailings booked after March 31, 2022, and those departing after Sept. 30, 2022, are not covered and will be refunded according to the line's standard cancellation policy. I re-booked the cruise this afternoon and saved $1510. This was the promotion when we booked. Related: A Disney cruise vs. a visit to Disney World during the pandemic. Are you booked on an upcoming cruise but worried a case of COVID-19 could derail your plans? Free Gratuities & Up to $125 Onboard Credit on Royal Caribbean + How to Get Up to $500 Back. Given some lines current flexibility allowing cancellation as close as 48 hours to embarkation day even if youre tempted to cancel right now, it could be prudent to wait to see how the situation plays out. For bookings made by Sept. 30, 2022, for sailings departing on or before Dec. 31, 2022, Holland America is granting passengers full refunds when they cancel for any reason at least 30 days prior to sailing. Another question I also purchase shore excursions, beverages and internet. Started June 21, 2021, By transition: background-color 0.2s ease-out; For bookings made through April 31, 2022, for cruises departing any time in 2022, Viking is permitting its ocean and river customers to cancel within 14 days of sailing and receive a credit for a future sailing. When prices do drop, don't expect the cruise line to call you up and let you know. This is only our third cruise with Princess in the last two years. You've chosen your cruise andyou're happy with what you're getting for your money, but what happens when the price of your cruise drops after you've already booked? I would just call Princess and speak with a Supervisor. Enjoy your cruise. Health Protocols and Requirements for Sailings, Youth Programs (Under 2 & 2-11 years old). If Carrier received payment from your travel advisor, the refund will be provided back to that travel advisor. If you're looking to book a Royal Caribbean cruise, there may be no better time than now. Celebrity does not give me any information because I booked with a However, if we are unsuccessful in doing so, there will be no compensation for missed ports, beyond a refund of any pre-purchased Carnival shore excursions and the taxes, fees and port expenses paid for the cancelled port. 5 big changes you should know about coming to Norwegian Cruise Line in 2023, Comparing Norwegian Cruise Line sailings to Alaska in 2023, I'm 28 and spent $20,000 on cruising in the last year. Passengers are able to cancel closer to the sailing date if they or someone in their travel party tests positive for COVID-19. :), Congratulations! 3) Ask nicely and hope - I know you see the word hope there, but don't hold on to too much of it -just know that being nice to people and asking for what you want can sometimes yield positive results. In some cases, the answer is yes. Maybe they do require it is writing but this would put some pressure on the agency to respond to the OP if the Cruise Line contacts the agency. Plus, unlike most other lines credits, Vikings are transferable, so you can gift them to a friend or family member if you dont think youll use them. I was just wondering cause it just doesn't seem right that the people with the original bookings have paid so much more. Posted January 28. For full details and booking conditions, please also refer to the passage contract. What is Norwegian Cruise Lines largest ship? color: #fff; I would call immediately and maybe take a screen shot of the new price to back up your request. Related: Take a look at Carnivals Mardi Gras (yes, the one with the roller coaster). In those cases, you will be offered either a future cruise credit equal to at least the amount you paid, a refund to your original form of payment or a combination of the two. There MAY be issue for YOU to cancel. If TA did booking, possible only TA can cancel. Before our 1st cruise, I read these boards for about two week $240 Digital Entertainment Credit: Get up to $20 back each month on eligible purchases made with your Platinum Card on one or more of the following: Audible, Disney+, The Disney Bundle, ESPN+, Hulu, Peacock, SiriusXM, and The New York Times. You may also receive a refund for part of your cruise fare depending on the length of your itinerary and how far in advance of your departure date that you cancel. Anyone in those situations is eligible to receive a refund or FCC. Passengers who do so will be issued a full refund in the form of a future cruise credit that can be used to book another sailing through December 2022. If we cancel a voyage, or delay embarkation by three (3) days or more and you elect not to sail on the delayed voyage or a substitute voyage we offer, you can obtain a refund or a future cruise credit (FCC). If you'd like a refund, Norwegian will allow you to cancel your sailing and request one, but just how close to the sailing date you're permitted to do so depends on when your voyage is scheduled to begin. Passengers who booked by March 31, 2022, for cruises departing on or before Sept. 30, 2022, are protected by Royal Caribbean's Cruise With Confidence policy, which entitles them to 100% of the cruise fare paid in the form of FCC if they cancel for any reason. If you have a deposit down (thus locking in your price) but haven't made final payment yet, this is generally a simple fix. We have had our cabin re-priced when price decreases have occurred prior to final payment. I found the thread on Celebrity's board and Celebrity/RCCL is pulling reservations back when people have asked. You'll get your FCD back, it goes into your account within a couple of hours of cancellation. -moz-user-select: none; I noted that my Eclipse cruise 03-18-18 the price for our cabin dropped $600 since we booked it. Read about the benefits of Princess Vacation Protection, Nonperformance of Cruise: Refund Policy and Instructions. cancel and rebook Can Whether missteps of first time cruisers, differences in priorities, or edge cases, were going to share 8things that most of you dont need to pack on your next cruise. For sailings departing April 1, 2021, and beyond, passengers who booked flights through the line will only receive a full refund if they cancel more than two months prior to the sailing date. By CC Help Jenn It's the worst-case scenario: you have a cruise planned, and you're beyond excited for it, but something has come up, and you're unable to go. Ultimately, the type of refund youll receive depends on the specific policies for your cruise line, how close you are to the sailing date, whether or not youve made your final payment and whether or not you actually have COVID-19. A good travel agent can provide a lot of value in many ways. border: 1px solid transparent; But stop playing the game with the agency and take control! Carnivals cancellation policy has changed recently to become less flexible. If I'd used a TA I would have told them and they would have called, but that's the only difference. Here's why I don't regret blowing the budget, 10 tips for getting the best cruise shore excursion values, What happens if you miss your cruise ship. We are not in "love" with the stateroom (it's a D4 aft premium balcony) we would like to keep it but others are available. Rather than cancel, booked passengers on departures through May 31, 2022, can instead choose to change their sailing date at no cost if it's done at least 15 days prior to the embarkation date. Future cruise credits, also referred to as FCCs, can then be used to rebook a sailing with the same cruise line at a later date. For sailings departing May 1, 2022, or later, the lines standard cancellation policies apply. The terms and conditions for October Go Big Go Better Go Best promotion says: Any existing reservation canceled between October 3 and November 1, 2017 and re-booked between October 3 and November 1, 2017, will not be eligible to participate in the promotion. I was told more than two weeks ago we could get a price drop of $970. As long as you're not in love with the cabin that you have booked<3book the new cabin, notify your TA by email to cancel. One of the potential negatives of dealing with a TA. It's nearly always best to book early. It can be purchased at the time of booking or up until the final payment by visiting Cruise Personalizer. :cool: I am familiar with that agency (used them 20 plus years ago, though for only one cruise). I have had my cruise fare reduced by my TA when the cruise fare dropped without having to cancel and rebook. I have also upgraded from Concierge to Aqua without paying any more and keeping my cabin, perks and OBC. Heres a peek. It's also very possible you can get a much better cabin (better location, etc) for the same price you had been paying. You are considered enrolled as soon as the cost plan has been paid. If all the perks, if any are the same, then should be no problemo. Of course, if you do get some cash back, we bet there is some great stuff you could find in our shop. I think your only recourse in this case is to call and hope they will handle this for you. The terms and conditions for October Go Big Go Better Go Best promotion says: Any existing reservation canceled between October 3 and November 1, 2017 and re-booked between October 3 and November 1, 2017, will not be eligible to participate in the promotion. So what.) of refund am I entitled to if I cancel Our points-obsessed staff uses a plethora of credit cards on a daily basis. Cruisers who book under Regents Regent Reassurance program are able to cancel within 15 days of sailing to receive a full refund in the form of FCC to be used for a different voyage. Copyright 19952023 The Independent Traveler, Inc. Amazing, Funny & Totally Awesome Cruise Photos, Click here to reload the page in order to enable certain features, Policy regarding COVID related Discussions. Your current one is clearly not doing its job. 19952023, The Independent Traveler, Inc. Can you cancel and rebook the same cruise??