Bjork - Hunter The one with a bald and shapeshifting Bjork. | From hair trends to relationship advice, our daily newsletter has everything you need to sound like a person whos on TikTok, even if you arent. A good example of claymation in a music video was experimental metal band Primus' unique rendition of "The Devil Went Down to . Specifically, the best music videos of the 2000s. 26. 3. 5. The video follows a battle between magicians and a rabbit. So set aside a couple of hours, make yourselves comfortable somewhere where people won't judge you for your viewing habits, and vegetate your way through the best music videos of the2000s. This tragic, semi-comedic Australian work was low-budget, with a relatively subtle cast and a timid release, but has come to be recognized for its emotionally driven storyline and dark content. Weve all played this game at some point, right? 12. 9", Katy Perry - "Electric" (features Pikachu and Pichu from, Pet Shop Boys - "I Wouldn't Normally Do This Kind of Thing", Pet Shop Boys - "Yesterday When I Was Mad", Pink Floyd - "Shine On You Crazy Diamond", Phil Fuldner - "The Final" (new intro for Captain Future), The Police - "Don't Stand So Close To Me '86", PSY - "Gentleman" (cartoon PSY head near the end), PUFFY - "Teen Titans" (uses footage from the show), PULCINO PIO - each of their videos such as "Il Pulcino Pio" and "Piou Superstar", Rascal Flatts - "Life Is a Highway" (uses footage from, The Residents - various videos on the Commercial DVD, Rex the Dog - "I Can See You, Can You See Me? The track got an official video from Aardman Animations, the studio behind Sledgehammer. It's a totally charming period piece, the Top Cat cartoon meets Pepe LePew meets consent laws. It's a claymation music video from the late 90s/early 00s. 4. Or the name of that video game you had for Game Gear? brijeshmarand The song reminds me of Tool, but I can't remember any of the lyrics as it's been at least a decade since I've heard it. Someone had to make an animated music video somedayand they did. A Shaun the Sheep Movie: Farmageddon (2019)96%. But really, almost nothing like South Park. 14. This is certainly the least well-known critically acclaimed claymation movie. The Proud Family The Proud Family was the kind of cartoon. 2. This one comes from the minds over at Aardman Studios and was their first stop-motion picture since The Curse Of The Were-Rabbit. (features characters from, Dinah Washington - "Is You Is Or Is You Ain't My Baby (Rae and Christian Remix)", Weebl - many of his videos such as "Narwhals", "Badger Badger Badger", and "Crabs", The Weeknd & Ariana Grande - "Save Your Tears (Remix)", Andy Williams - "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year", will.i.am and Justin Bieber - "#thatPOWER" (CG hologram of Bieber at start), Who Is Fancy feat. It's very unpolished and rather Tim Burton-esque, and really nicely blends 2D and 3D elements. Back in the '90s and early 2000s, it seemed like intergalactic journeys were a prime theme in music videos. This guy is in a gloomy dark city and i think he goes down some stairs somewhere and all these people turn around with huge glowing eyes. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. I would just like to point out that Nick Carter is a robot in this video and accompanied by a bevy of robot dancers. (The Sun Is a Mass of Incandescent Gas)", Justin Timberlake - "Can't Stop The Feeling" (features cameos from, Meghan Trainor - "Better When I'm Dancin'" (features, Trix & Flix feat. It even spawned a 2019 sequel which received an equally positive reception. No wonder its the highest-grossing stop-motion film of all time. Pop stars like Britney Spears made the decade's biggest pop songs that much more iconic, while rappers like KanyeWest created visuals that would be remembered as not only the best of the decade, but also as some of the best videos of all time, full stop. Sponsors agree!!! Cameos include Beavis and Butthead, Link from The Legend Of Zelda, and Regular Show's Mordecai and Rigby. Animation, Adventure, Comedy, TV-PG Claymation is a form of stop-motion animation where each animated piece, including characters and some backgrounds, is constructed out of a malleable substance, which is typically plasticine clay. | This opened the door for the company to make the Christmas movies that fans still love to this day, including Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town. With all these intergalactic videos, I am officially regretting my choice to never sign up for Space Camp. Others just creep us out. The scenes incorporated claymation, pixilation, and stop-motion animation to come to life. Go West - We Close Our Eyes The one with a lot of close-ups on pants. | Claymation is an art style centered on the complex and creative construction of clay characters. This video was out probably 7-8 years ago. Nuno Gomes, 2017) Ozuna is Latin music's current master of the video universe: The Puerto Rican reggaeton/trap star has so many great videos to his name, it's . 24. He had his own (very well-received) TV show aimed at children, a spin-off called Timmy Time based on a character from the show (aimed at even younger kids), and finally, a feature film. Likely 90s or 2000s, I'm looking for a music video that was claymation. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. So how ironic is it that Disney would later ask the director to do a full-length motion picture based on the "scandalous" short film? Gumby and his pony buddy Pokey became pop culture icons in the United States. Tyler The Creator - Yonkers The one with the haunting puke silhouette. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Not sure if that helps but please reply to me if anyone finds it. Short filmsintegrating a songdates back to thetimewhen film itself was first invented, but skyrocketed in popularity in the 80s with the advent of MTV (Music Television), which originally made music videos itsprimary and only programming to watch. 23. In this screengrab of Kanye's claymation music video for Eazy, the rapper is seen holding the decapitated head of Pete Davidson. Weird claymation dinosaurs and band members make for a pretty unforgettable video. Rafael Bonilla's music video for Pools from Oxford's Glass Animals captures nature in all its gross, terrifying, and psychedelic beauty, and it's made of clay! You are also agreeing to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Shaggy - "Feel The Rush", Trix & Flix feat. Probably pretty friggin hard. 13. A production team shot You Came Out over two days, using 4,816 still images. But because of the immense amount of time and labor required to make a lengthy stop-motion animation, theyre not nearly as common as other types of animated films (the recent stop-motion feature ParaNorman took three years to complete). Instead of claymation, the technique was called "Animagic" and consisted of puppet figures made of wood. Can't remember the name of that movie you saw when you were a kid? The greatest piece of claymation in history returns to Wallace And Gromit one final time. | Director: Henry Selick | Stars: Dakota Fanning, Teri Hatcher, John Hodgman, Jennifer Saunders Votes: 237,548 | Gross: $75.29M 8. The two share four children, ages 2, 4, 6 and 8. Neither Davidson, 28, nor his girlfriend, West's ex-wife, Kim Kardashian, has responded to the audio-visual . . Rankin/Bass Productions. Some are weird in a haunt-your-dreams type way, while others in a throwback, the-'80s-are-funny way. Yeah, it's not actually the official music video for "Ante Up." Peter Gabriel - Sledgehammer. The problem is that the killer is murdering bakers. Over 1000 separate plasticine collages all individually made by hand went into the video for Tame Impala's hit, directed by Becky And Joe. Or is something else going on? I remember a similar sounding video that I thought was either Alice in Chains or Soundgarden but couldn't turn up anything. While we don't dispute the star power of those puttingoutthe videos in the '80s and '90s, the 2000swelcomed a cinematic renaissance that helped music videos for poprock and burgeoning rap alikereach a new level of iconic. "I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)" by Whitney Houston (1987) Whitney Houston in the video. | ", "Breakfast Burrito" and "Sandwich Turtle", Gummibr - "I'm a Gummy Bear (The Gummy Bear Song)", David Guetta and Nicki Minaj - "Turn Me On", Hampton the Hamster - "The Hamsterdance Song", Hampton the Hamster - "Sing a Simple Song", Hampton the Hamster - "Thank God I'm a Country Boy", Hardwell ft. Mitch Crown - "Call Me A Spaceman", His Name Is Alive - "Are We Still Married? This one is very nearly Self-Explanatory: a surprising number of musicians have managed to see past the Animation Age Ghetto, and released music videos composed mostly or entirely of animation. 80s | It was also their first film to drop in 3D. Let us know in the comments below! Jamie Caliri is a Grammy-nominated director who created this very eerie-looking music video for The Shins. The videos can be dreamy or nightmarish, but beating beneath the putty is a human heart. This confounding video doesn't really match the song lyrics in any way, shape, or form. | Any Disney buff who knows about Burton's history with the company knows that the studio let him go for being too dark with the original Frankenweenie. Allison Schulnik translated her artistic style into film for this video, with a few gloomy abominable-snowman-like characters interacting with a handful of morphing, disembodied heads. 31. 5. Apparently aliens enjoy late '90s and early '00s club hits as much as we do on Planet Earth, as there are a couple blue (how appropriate) extraterrestrials bopping their heads to this addictive track throughout the video. 3. | i remember the music video being pretty depressing, by the way. TUOHY should stay in school!!! 1. The title of the song KIND OF prepares you for what you're in for but not well enough. Connan Mockasin - Forever Dolphin Love The one with the gushy face paint. | Since Peter Gabriel's "Sledgehammer" dominated MTV in the '80s, those colorful blobs have been an effective tool for catching eyes, if you have the time and the budget. Here are a couple more that I love . 25. 2023 The Fader, Inc. All rights reserved. Until that time, there are plenty of great claymation movies for people who love the technique. Parts of it appear simple enough, just a still taken every few seconds of something simple, like walking down the street or doodling a picture, but then once the hands that are leading the camera around start shuffling through snapshots, there are plenty of whoa! moments. The comic adventures of the kids who live on Circe Island, a fishing community off the coast of Western Australia. This is one of those stop-motion videos where you can really see the amount of sheer labor it took to create it. Or gumby ;). It was from the mid 2000's and it was clay animation. | This is the place to get help. This included Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. Based on the novel by the legendary Neil Gaiman and brought to life by the director of The Nightmare Before Christmas, Henry Selick, comes this terrifying twisted fairytale. I believe the character started out in a room/apartment and was moving through hallways (as I said before, continuously to the right). These are just 33 of the weirdest videos of all time. The 8 Most Incredible Stop-Motion Animation Music Videos From The Past Decade The best music videos created with one of the oldest (and coolest!) ShopBAZAAR; . You're never going to get her "back," guys, if you just keep singing and dancing! | These are our picks for the best stop-motion music vids around. Plus, it features Burton's iconic style with narration by Vincent Price.