Its both amazing to hear the strength and the activism of people on the ground. The law would be the first in the country . Some of these kids have actually lost their lives on the job, too. So our bar couldnt even serve liquor anymore. Her official name is Wandrea Moss.. Right? Crooked Media is a progressive American political media company. Its a hard problem to crack down on, but its been understood for years that the penalties for child labor violations are not high enough. Trevell Anderson: Absolutely. So like, it has a potential to reach and impact so many more. Trevell Anderson: Then I think a lot of people are thinking about. Lovett or Leave It "Live Free or Dynasty" - Tickets Available Now. This was the most explosive video of the entire campaign season! 10 Mar . Full Frontal With Samantha Bee. Trevell Anderson: And if youre into reading and not just the growing list of awards won by Everything Everywhere, All At Once like me, What A Day is also a nightly newsletter. Like whats in this bill? And Michigan, which hasnt had a chance to thaw out since last weeks ice storm is bracing for another blast of frigid cold. Visit TGP FactCheck to see how we get it right. But theres also another problem, right? [clip of James Hong] Back in those days, I have to tell you this. [spoken together] And keep Marjorie Taylor Greene out of CrossFit. Because we know what can happen when that data gets in the wrong hands. In the end, that's the proof Democrats rigged and stole the 2020 presidential election. Josie Duffy Rice: I am upset that she seems to be in better shape than me. Shes from my state. and our It cuts through the noise to break down the week's news and helps people figure out what matters and how they can help. That includes expanding beyond the capital P political coverage that has been its bread and butter. @robintran04, @megangailey, and Brendan Scannell in tow for a night you won't wanna miss. Bharatiya Janata Party MLA K Madalu Virupakshappa on Friday resigned as the chairman of Karnataka Soaps and Detergents Limited (KSDL) as his son V Pra Hes come a long way from the Wire, it must be said. I may need your help with legal fees because mama aint quitting. As I said on the show before, we are living through a targeted attack. Both unique designs are available in the OCA Low Cariuma Sneaker. 1. Josie Duffy Rice: Lets get to some headlines. Crooked Media has the shows you need to stay informed and engaged this critical election cycle find them here. Now on to our second story for the day. New Crooked Podcasts Coming Summer & Fall 2022. Of course, Black Twitter had a field day. via @larryelder. So really serious injuries. Northeast election results: This is a vote for progress and stability, says PM Modi on BJP's big win. Josie Duffy Rice: Five days in freezing cold weather, too. This was not a very smart move. Share. For more information, please see our So really serious injuries. This is a broader problem with our current immigration system, right? We identified one of the operatives last night who was caught on video counting illegal ballots from a suitcase stashed under a table! And if youre out there and you didnt listen to it, its fine. Josie Duffy Rice: As long as Cirque du Soleil keeps its TikTok account. Absolutely. 2. More than 300,000 people used the website to adopt a state an initiative designed to help volunteers on the ground in battleground states and 28,000 people signed up to serve as poll workers on Election Day. Josie. Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error [laughter] [music break]. [laughter] [music break]. This bill will further harm trans people who are literally just living their fucking lives. No, notes. Mexicos President, Andrs Manuel Lopez Obrador, had sharp words for critics of his governments move to shrink its independent election authority. Please contact the server administrator at Keepin' It 1600 Thats the word that Ive been struggling with. Contributers Supervisor of registration., And here is a closeup of the woman in question via a Getty image. 2. Trevell Anderson: is what theyre saying. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. Visit AmericanGulag.org to learn how to help the prisoners of the protest on January 6th. Home. These are kids. In case you didnt get the reference like Belle of the Ball. 125 votes, 20 comments. As evidenced by Chernin Entertainments multiyear deal to adapt Spotify shows for film and TV and the recently ordered adaptation of Serial Productions Nice White Parents, podcast IP has never been hotter. No matter your thoughts about it, that all drag performance should be considered inappropriate for minors and therefore all drag performance restricted. I need you to contact your house representative and tell them this will not stand. Crooked Media is the company that hosts several popular pieces of content including the long-running podcast, Pod Save America, which is hosted by three people who held high-level positions in the Obama administration. And so the problem is even bigger than just child labor, just the Department of Labor, just the Department of Health and Human Services. Among other things, it cuts funding, staffing and other resources for the National Electoral Institute or INE, as it is known locally. So how has the Biden administration responded to all of this, if at all? Its a great movie. During the 2023 legislative session alone, more than 30 drag bans have reportedly been introduced. Crooked believes that we need a better conversation about politics, culture, and the world around usone that doesn't just focus on what's broken, but what we can do to fix it. Well see how all this works. Its also just an assault on peoples right to free expression, right? Evan McMullin, Independent candidate: Our election night event was in Salt Lake City. The people at Calvin Klein understand this. Its a little long of a clip, but Im going to play the whole thing because of how well she lays out the stakes here. But theres a bit of disagreement afoot about how it will actually be enforced. And if youre into reading and not just the growing list of awards won by Everything Everywhere, All At Once like me, What A Day is also a nightly newsletter. I like it. Now election officials are working to count every vote. New Crooked Podcasts Coming Summer & Fall 2022. Control the Narrative. Trending: Sky News Host Brought to Tears Laughing at Joe Bidens Endless Blunders. And so you can pull over on the side of La Cienega Boulevard and just, you know, gaze at Michael B. Jordan as the afternoon just drifts away. Crooked Media Wiki is a FANDOM Lifestyle Community. You didnt scroll all the way down here for nothing. Super absurd and horrible. The law specifically mentions Go-Go dancers, exotic dancers, strippers, as well as male or female impersonators, which is to say drag entertainers. Jazzi Marine and Raven Yamamoto are our associate producers. And so what happened when the cops came in and tried to beat us down? Lawmakers in Britains parliament are now reviewing the deal before they vote on it. "The election is absolutely being rigged by the dishonest and distorted media pushing Crooked Hillary - but also at many polling places - SAD" Trump tweeted on Sunday. [music break] That is all for today. Nov. 6, 2020 3:30 PM PT. No, notes. Hey, where can I watch election night crooked Media group thread??? Click here to subscribe. Tell them urge them to vote no. Crooked Media founders Jon Favreau, Jon Lovett and Tommy Vietor, . And the film also took home the ceremonys top prize for Best Ensemble. But all of this is about restricting all forms of entertainment that appeals to prurient interest. Select images from the Calvin Klein ad campaign shot in a tasteful black and white by photographers Mert and Marcus for the spring and summer collection will be featured on billboards in New York and Los Angeles. Lovett or Leave It "Live Free or Dynasty" - Tickets Available Now. The writing has been on the wall, as they say. She later appeared in the suitcase video! Whether it's about politics, sports, public health, or pop culture, Crooked's content always aims to inform, entertain, and inspire audiences to focus not only on what's broken, but on what we can do to fix it. [laughter] I will not riot. But all of this is about restricting all forms of entertainment that appeals to prurient interest. Its also just an assault on peoples right to free expression, right? Theyre about $15,000 a violation. And those are the headlines. Sign up for our free email newsletter, and we'll make sure to keep you in the loop. "Crooked Democrat Prosecutors . Cookies and similar technologies are used by Crooked Media and our third-party partners to personalize content and ads. This is an attempt to erase drag in Tennessee. Reply. error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer and House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries seized on the latest revelations from Dominion Voting Systems' defamation lawsuit against Fox News, as they called on . The company, which recently hired commentator Jason Concepcion from Bill Simmons The Ringer, is eyeing adding more shows in arenas like sports that could benefit from the Crooked lens, says content chief Tanya Somanader. Select images from the Calvin Klein ad campaign shot in a tasteful black and white by photographers Mert and Marcus for the spring and summer collection will be featured on billboards in New York and Los Angeles. Subsequent violations would be classified as a felony, punishable by up to six years in prison and a fine of up to $3,000. This being the social media age, he has a team for that and a collection of paid influencers. Its risen to about 130,000, which is a pretty drastic increase. Listen to the full conversation on the latest episode of #Hysteria! Instead, they sat stunned on election night watching votes come in. Them risking being arrested, having to pay a fine and spending years in prison like its just crazy. Sign up to stay in the loop on the most effective ways to stay involved, in Georgia and beyond. Michael Simon Ana Marie Cox, Crooked Media, . Check out TGP FactCheck to see how terribly wrong the legacy media can get it. Thanks for that, Josie. Right. With that, were going to pay some bills and well be back with headlines in a moment. And so the sponsor of the bill, when it was in the state Senate, has previously said that it would be up to local prosecutors to determine how exactly to apply this new law. It cuts through the noise to break down the weeks news and helps people figure out what matters and how they can help. Our theme music is by Colin Gilliard and Kashaka. Thats according to a report from Reuters yesterday. And Im not clear thats right or that we even want that because its not actually ideal for the department to track unaccompanied minors for years at a time or for like really extended amounts of time. Crooked Media is the company that hosts several popular pieces of content including the long-running Scouted/The Daily Beast/CariumaScouted selects products independently. The United Kingdom finally announced an agreement with the European Union over some unfinished Brexit business. * Co-Produce Emmy Nominated Series, Once Upon A Time in Late Night. The departments job is to connect these children with sponsors and ensure that they arent being trafficked or exploited in that process. Trevell Anderson: I would love for Everything Everywhere, All At Once to win. Leave a review. Its both amazing to hear the strength and the activism of people on the ground. The Labor Department should be going after the companies here. Tennessees Republican Governor Bill Lee said he will sign House Bill 9, a measure that would ban public drag performances in the state. But look at us now, huh? I mean, weve seen what happens when the anti-immigration presidents enter the White House, particularly the orange one its really ugly what happens when they have information about undocumented people. Because they're desperate to stop you from looking or even talking about it. They dont call me to ask if my children are working at General Mills. Josie Duffy Rice: Thats actually where I have a few questions about The New York Times angle on this. And the dispute isnt just over trade. Our head writer is Jocey Coffman and our executive producer is Lita Martinez. While many sneakers you may choose to wear might have a splash of design or color, very few will be directly supporting democracy. Tell us what kind of jobs are these kids doing? Book a trip for some casual billboard tourism, and tell your friends to listen. This seems bananas and it also seems like the logical end of the direction weve been heading for so long in this country. Can you break it down for us? Its just so moving. I cant watch her work out too. Josie Duffy Rice: Okay. Just a little too advanced for them. And so, like, were going to hate anything else. Former presidential candidate Jeb Bush said that Florida Governor Ron DeSantis has the opportunity to run for president in 2024 in a bid to beat former president Donald Trump, who crushed Mr Bush in the 2016 Republican presidential . Right. Spreading the word about voting will never go out of style. The Day After. The Day After. It follows a recent investigation by the New York Times, which found that many migrant children are being forced to work in dangerous, labor-intensive jobs. When it comes to politics, culture, and the world around us, we need a better conversation. Midterms 2022. The company is focusing on adding new shows when it finds voices that have credibility and expertise in a given field, she adds. With the end of the Lunar New Year, some companies hold spring wine one after another, but some netizens complained online, saying that he works in a marketing company, but the . Right. This is the subreddit for and by listeners of Crooked Media podcasts like Pod Save America (formerly Keepin' it 1600) hosted by Jon Favreau, Jon Lovett, Tommy Vietor, and Dan Pfeiffer. Every award show should have best Ensemble, great award. Tennessee's Republican Governor Bill Lee said he will sign House Bill 9, a measure that would ban public drag performances in the state. . Their practical effects could include not just bans on drag performance, but on any public displays of gender non-conformity as well. Tell them urge them to vote no. [laugh] Amid all the drama of storm alerts and chemical spills and general political upheaval, we deserve something good every once in a while. Right. Our theme music is by Colin Gilliard and Kashaka. And one of the things I want to note that she mentions is that theres a very real possibility that this law is used to further malign trans people who are not drag performers. The one in Tennessee is just the first one to pass. But whatever happens, we are queer people. The EU argued that without border checks, goods could pass through Northern Ireland as a sort of backdoor into Ireland and essentially into the European Union without getting taxed or cleared through customs. You can click OK to accept these cookies and similar technologies or select No Thanks to opt out. The collab with Cariuma was designed to function as a reminder that while the news may not always put a skip in your step, a better future is always possible, according to the brand. And we will rise. Trumps legal team showed a video from the State Farm Arena tabulation center when poll workers were told to leave at 10:25 PM. I thought it was great and I dont remember Apollo 13. This was the same mode of operation used in 2020 when . You didnt scroll all the way down here for nothing. Trevell Anderson: Absolutely. Trevell Anderson: Mexicos President, Andrs Manuel Lopez Obrador, had sharp words for critics of his governments move to shrink its independent election authority. Back in those days, I have to tell you this. But look at us now, huh? But what about when another president is in the White House? I cant watch her work out too. So lots of people think like, oh, of course, the government should be tracking kids, but they dont track all kids, right? Surprised you called me a feminist (With Friends Like These episode), Trump and the Media and Rubio's Missteps (Keepin' It 1600 episode), "I have no regrets" (With Friends Like These episode), "It's not who we're supposed to be, but it is who we are" (With Friends Like These episode), Utah and Arizona Primaries and Trump's Washington Post Interview (Keepin' It 1600 episode), Education Nation (Pod Save the People episode), Election Night Therapy (Keepin' It 1600 episode), "Product, Not the Producer" (Pod Save the People episode), "American Do-Over" (Pod Save the People episode), BONUS POD with Edward Snowden (Pod Save the People episode), Behind the Vote (Pod Save the People episode), "Hope and Trust in Trump." crooked media election night. I could go to jail for 15 years. Some of these kids have actually lost their lives on the job, too. Trevell Anderson: So now is this a new issue or just one thats just getting attention now? Earlier on Thursday Cristina Laila reported on the explosive video that was revealed during the Georgia ballot counting at the State Farm Arena where crooked Democrats pulled out suitcases full of ballots and began counting those ballots without election monitors in the room. And so what happened when the cops came in and tried to beat us down? Right. Dan Pfeiffer, also a former Obama employee, co-hosts their flagship podcast Pod Save America with them.. But whatever happens, we are queer people. [music break]. You can learn more about our privacy practices by reviewing ourPrivacy Policy. [laughter] Anyway, so she was hosting a drag brunch late last week, and she did this little speech about all of this. But The New York Times seems to say its the departments fault for not tracking these children long term. This is an attempt to erase drag in Tennessee. Well, theres one video that has gone sort of viral that I want to play, and its a speech from drag Queen Bella da Ball. [laughter] On todays show, TikTok is getting the boot from US government devices. Now, the definition that theyll be using of what, quote unquote, harmful to minors means is the states existing obscenity laws. Josie Duffy Rice: Yeah, its so many awful things like packing Cheerios and Lucky Charms boxes with cereal, working in slaughterhouses, sawing wood planks, working as roofers, scrubbing dishes, harvesting coffee, running milk machines, sewing clothes, washing hotel sheets, a ton of different things in different states across the country, all intense and requiring manual labor and all more work than any child is supposed to be doing. I mean, it just is a violation across the board. "What A Day," Crooked Media's new daily news podcast, is here! But, you know, theyre basically saying, you know, anything sexual or hankie panky motivated. If this law passes on April 1st, public drag will now be criminalized. We are very strong. Nov 9, 2022. If you have one of those, you cannot also have an alcohol license. Last winter, before the pandemic forced employees to work from home, Crooked Media doubled the size of its Hollywood headquarters for its 50-plus person staff, which includes new hires Ryan Sides, a former BET executive who will run digital strategy, and Sandy Girard, a SiriusXM veteran who will oversee current podcast programming. And then theres also another bill that passed the Tennessee House recently, HB one, which would ban transition related care for minors. Tell us what kind of jobs are these kids doing? And find out how you can help win the WI election by getting involved with @votesaveamerica!