If this is the first time you have forgotten to pay, then you will get a chance to pay within 14 days of a notice being sent to you. I also paid before getting fined, well you do when you suddenly remember after a holiday!! I find it unbelievable that I have paid for the crossing on 28 July, in respect of which you are issuing a fine for non-payment, but you are holding that money in respect of a crossing I have not made and have no plans to make, and there is no means of getting that money returned to me. What do I do if the car is a mobility car for disabled as we never payed toll before . Editor, Marcus Herbert. I have received a Penalty Notice from Dart Charge after using the crossing not knowing I had to pay for it on my holidays this summer. Do you think now I have paid that I should not expect a fine? So the following week we again went to IKEA, I told my other half that we needed to remember to pay the 2.50 but he reminded me that it was automatically taken so we no longer needed to worry. I used the crossing twice for the first time in 2 years yesterday evening, with my pound coins ready. No just use the Payzone finder and make your payment. ~1500. If convicted, he faces 30 years to life in prison. I also would like to know if this may be a valid complaint to include in a represention, as well as my other issue with the PCN: And that is, I have received the Notice sometime after 17th of Sept., while absent from my address for 9 days. Would I still get the 14 days grace as this isnt the first time Ive used it but is my first offence? Also I could find no record of our crossing. I would also like a refund of the toll which I had to pay again when you contacted me on the 20/05/2015, which may I also add is a lot longer than the 14 days grace you are supposed to offer but in fact it is 75 days after I crossed and PAID. Hi It is still active and should include the second one according to the slightly unclear wording on the official rules.Pay both now and you should be fine. Receive 2 PCNs 3 days after paying. They charge an Admin fee! I forgot to pay and just was late an hour before I actually made a payment, Really what a scam and stupid way as there are no reminders or anything and they expect you to pay the very same day. Dont know if it is worth paying for it online? It says I can appeal this decision to an independent tribunal but I fear the worst and it was lapse into another larger fine. I therefore deem the payment to have been accepted by Dart Charge in relation to the unpaid crossing which is the subject of this PCN. I see it is run by Sanef, same as the French Toll roads, might it not be an idea to allow folk who have one to use the the Sanef sensor. I think they have 56 days to make a decision. Please, I need your help. To show how easy this is, a fake site has already been built by digital marketing expert Richard Summers. Id already been sent a PCB when I forgot to pay the first or second time I went through over Christmas, and paid the 2.50 then, so as my second fine I assume Im going to be hit with a 35 fee on top of 2.50 charge. I very reluctantly paid the 600 fines which meant we literally didnt eat for a few days and since then I go out of my way to drive around the toll via the Blackwall tunnel. I am livid that you can not simply phone and give your receipt details but have to spend time an money searching for receipt and then paying postage!!!!! I checked my account the next evening to see Id been charged for my return journey but not the original one. If you get a Dart Charge PCN, I recommend checking its correct. why not just send people letter to pay 2.50 if they fail to pay within14 days then charge 35. 2/2 If you need to pay for a crossing or a penalty charge notice you can do so by calling 0300 300 0120 and selecting the automated payment option, . If you do not pay the Dart Charge by midnight the day after using the Dartford Crossing, a Penalty Charge Notice will be issued. Go to dart on https://www.gov.uk/pay-dartford-crossing-charge Unfortunately, many motorists were charged twice for a single crossing because tolls duplicated their payments. My husband forgot to pay the charge until 2 hrs after the midnight deadline its his first time. Now we pay a 367million contract with Sanef to design and deliver the new free flow system which does not work, and yes on Sunday there was a traffic jam due to road works on the Dartford crossing Something is very wrong here. Sorry to hear that. I was issued the charge and a 35 fine but it gave me 14 days grace to pay the charge where I wouldnt have to pay the fine. Also, does anyone know whether the first offence referred to includes both non-payment penalties of a return trip (taken during one single day) or whether it includes the very first crossing only? The system is unreasonable to all motorists who does not have an account that automatically takes the money out of their account. I pity those who have to make the journey on a weekday rush hour. My query is about the 14-day grace period for the first offence. In a lease van. Used the crossing on Saturday, and could not pay within the usual time limit of midnight on the day after because i was travelling. again an easy way of getting money out of the driving public. Ive realised today is 11 days since I forgotten to pay the crossing. If you are not aware that there is a contact being offered then how can you have agreed to the contract to cross for payment? Just a footnote to this that may be helpful. MoneyNerd a trading name of MoneyNerd Limited, registered in England (12915403). They told me that there was a fine for the first crossing, but that I could pay for the return (a week ago) without incurring a fine. How to dispute a fine from the Dartford Crossing - Highways Industry Welcome to England !! Do DART have to contact me within a specific time period of the offence? I paid 5.00 online immediately using my phone. Another dart at dart games to challenge dart charge penalty notice. I telephoned them straight away to say that there was a mistake as I had paid the 2.50 back in January. Very confused only just received letter nearly 8 weeks after so how can the pcn cancellation work now or will it still apply. Have 4! I have just today received the warning noticea day after my fine which I posted about yest.Ridiculous! Are you deliberately trying to deter motorists from using this crossing? I have just written to them and I was wondering if you have received some sort of reply from them? I have received 3 fines for one day in June but I have never used the Dartford crossing. If I am on holidays in the UK I have no tablet, notebook or computer with me only an old mobile. Oh Yippee. Find your local Trading Standards office here. This info does not constitute financial advice, always do your own research on top to ensure it's right for your specific circumstances and remember we focus on rates not service. Remember to set it when you book your parking with APH.com, 1. Its this confusion that is costing motorists cash and helping unofficial websites profit from desperate motorists attempting to beat the payment deadline without the correct information readily available. How can we complain? Thanks first of all for your very helpful website! I did both the one off charge of 2.50 and the dart account of 10. 00000727412022FYfalse000002342600003152560000013372http://fasb.org/us-gaap/2022#AccountingStandardsUpdate201613Memberhttp://fasb.org/us-gaap/2022# . Yes I have had the same I remembered 6 days later (busy time with family etc sorry I have a life!). I contacted the hire company who said I would need to contact Dartford crossing. to pay the Charge, thinking to pay at some toolbooth, Im about to do mine. FightBack Forums > Dart Charge - PCN(s) - Rejection - PePiPoo Did not pay on our 1st crossing. The hire company said im responsible for all fines, which I took to mean speeding, jumping lights etc. Thanks for the message and were glad it helped. Here is the number for the dartford crossing in case you need it. Apart from the quote from their nameless spokesman, has this been published by them anywhere? Please contact the DVLA to confirm if your vehicle is exempt. Pay both ways: It might sound obvious, but dont forget that payment is due for each crossing you make both on your outward and return journey. Thanks, Hi Paul, not sure if you received a reply to your question on the Dartford Crossing, but over the weekend i received notice of a fine for a crossing made in December last year, if you did find out if there was a time limit would you please let me know. Very dodgy the way this business is run, pure money making outfit trying to scam honest people. However, when I check online that the payment was credited to that crossing, it does not show the crossing I made and therefore shows I am in credit by 2.50! Removal of toll-booths means that payment is now by means of credit, and most consumer credit is for 30 days. The lady told me that because my sons vehicle had a bit on the back (usually called a pickup) that he should have paid more!!!!!!! You could get a Dart Charge penalty charge notice for several reasons. All to no avail. I spoke to someone at the accounts department who did confirm that Id paid but I would still have to go through the standard appeals process What a complete waste of time Luckily I had kept the receipt & it was also confirmed in my bank statement. this is not right for all of us, to be told by one of your employs, well im really sorry but our systems are down. Surprisingly..DC cannot make a change and neither the hire company.so I am really wondering whether the PCN gets to correct address. Yes, you can appeal a PCN by following the instructions on the PCN or on the Dart Charge website. How can I check please ? If youre unsure what to do, I suggest you get some legal advice from a solicitor.Thanks for reading this post on Dart Charge penalty charge notices. Over the phone: Those without internet access will be pleased that you can pay for the charge by phone. Oh yes, but will deprive them of millions in lost fine revenue. I used the crossing on the 1st of Feb which i paid over the phone. Two months after the incidents. I have now made a payment of 5 do you think that I will get a penalty charge?. It seems, that I will soon receive notification of a large penalty for crossing and not paying on time. There are other reasons why you could appeal the Dart charge. i think its not fair for something we have already paid for .