Destanni Hendersons clothing is popular for its uniqueness and its ability to mix different styles together to form an cohesive look. I feel like it's gonna be great, she said. Once removed from the starting spot her numbers began to dip, and with that came decreased playing time. With an impressive resume, Rowe will be joining forces with Destanni Henderson to bring her unique vision to the brand. I was just wondering I have so much time on my hands, like, what can I do?. The two-year starting point guard for South Carolina women's basketball was selected by the Indiana Fever with the 20th overall pick in the second. She started the business in February . I done seen them all over the world, Cooke said of Hendersons apparel. [7] As a sophomore, Henderson averaged 15.3 points, 4.3 assists, 3.5 rebounds and three steals per game,[8] and led her team to its first Class 6A state championship. It didn't end like that. The 5-foot-7 guard launched her own clothing line in 2021, Hennythings Possible. Henderson played at least 20 minutes off the bench for just the second time this season, and she made the most of her opportunity with a well-rounded effort. Just by scanning the teams, a few players will instantly come to mind. She caught up with NCAA Digital's Autumn . Mariah also owns a clothing brand, "fromwithinapparel.co," which ships worldwide. The Indiana Fever had four first-round selections in Monday night's 2022 WNBA draft. I feel good about whats about to happen. I was hearing certain things. https://t.co/HwDL341uGJIG: @ CLOTHINGBYHP pic.twitter.com/Nc1QWXdojo. The business and being in the midst of another deep NCAA tournament run along with being a student has kept Henderson plenty busy, especially this time of year, but she manages it well. South Carolina Gamecocks guard Destanni Henderson was drafted 20th to the Indiana Fever at the WNBA Draft in her custom designed outfit. The extra time frees her up to put more of her energy into continuing to build her brand. She was named most valuable player of the tournament. The Grand Ledge SDA Food & Clothing Bank is a provider of free food and clothing for residents of the. Perhaps more than ever, the players are the stars right now in womens basketball. Henderson was selected to play in the McDonald's All-American Game and Jordan Brand Classic. April 08: Destanni Henderson Fort Myers H.S. Henderson averaged 5.5 points and 3.7 assists per game, and won a gold medal. Henderson was the primary defender on Paige Bueckers, who was held to 14 points. Ashley is a graduate of the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City, where she studied fashion design. 20 overall, they took Destanni Henderson, the 5-7 sparkplug guard who led South Carolina to a national championship game victory over Connecticut. Watch this more than brief video to figure out how to sign. The inspiration for her business Clothing by HP (Hennything isPossible, playing off her nickname Henny) came during a period of reflection during the pandemic. [2][11][12] As a senior, Henderson won the Class 7A state tournament to capture a third consecutive state championship. Henderson hasn't shown patience in another area, though. Henderson would post photos and videos of her wearing her brand and inquiries about where to purchase the clothes ensued. Destanni Henderson ready to take first steps as a pro as Indiana Fever We had a group we were hoping to be able to choose from, and Destanni was right there, Fever coach Marianne Stanley said on the night of the draft. Shes making money off of something that she enjoys and something that shes passionate about, so Im just really happy for her.. Shes talented and resourceful, and I know shell add a fresh perspective to our line, she said. The Eastern Washington Eagles (18-10, 11-7 Big Sky) look to continue a four-game winning streak when they host the Montana Lady Griz (14-15, 10-8 Big Sky) at 2:00 PM ET on Monday, March 6, 2023 at . What a cool moment. First, she only designed sweatpants. About three months after she got the idea to start a clothing line, Henderson had found a manufacturing company and received her first piece of clothing. Mariah Russell - Bio, Age, Career, Height, Net Worth, Facts Rowe is a. The line has recently added a new designer to its roster, and her pieces are sure to catch your eye. Destanni Henderson on Instagram: "Husslin' @dh3nny.hp " Bose tapping Boston first is significant, especially considering this is her most high-profile deal. She joined Wildcats mens basketball coach John Calipari and Louisville womens coach Jeff Walz in speaking on behalf of the bill that day and was the only student-athlete to speak. [16], Henderson was considered a five-star recruit and the number one point guard in the 2018 class by ESPN. South Carolina senior Destanni Henderson caps her college basketball Destanni Henderson has officially gone pro. Some of the technologies we use are necessary for critical functions like security and site integrity, account authentication, security and privacy preferences, internal site usage and maintenance data, and to make the site work correctly for browsing and transactions. Gamecocks star Destanni Henderson selected in WNBA draft - The State Destanni Henderson Clothing Line Adds A New Designer To Its Roster. Since then, the deals she has signed have all been major. Check our our CONSIGNMENT AGREEMENT. I am so excited to join the Destanni Henderson Clothing Line as a designer, said Kerry James Marshall. 1 team in the country. (John Byrum/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images). More: On draft night, two items on her site were sold out. Were excited to see what she comes up with next.. Last week, the All-American candidate represented student-athletes throughout the commonwealth as governor Andy Beshear signed a bill into law officially protecting the right of players to profit off of their NIL rights in Kentucky. The WNBA draft wasjuston Monday. When you buy consignment, you are helping local ladies and supporting your community. But Fudd was making NIL inroads even before the Curry announcement in December. Henderson also managed 30 minutes of action which was tied for the most among the Fever. https://ftw.usatoday.com/2022/04/south-carolina-championship-parade-dawn-staley-destanni-henderson, National Championship last week in Womens Basketball, Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. Henderson played her best on the biggest stage, scoring 26 points with fourassists and threesteals in the national championship game victory over UConn. Henderson was named to the Southeastern Conference . She averaged 10.3 points, 4.3 assists and 1.7 rebounds during 22.0 minutes played, but unfortunately Henderson could not sustain these stats for the whole year. Verified. It includes t-shirts, shorts, track suits and hoodies, and Henderson often models her line on Instagram, where she has 193,000 followers. Among WNBA rookies, Henderson finished third in assists per game, fifth in 3-point field goal percentage and also ended the season in the top 10 in scoring average, field goal percentage, steals per game and minutes per game among first-year players. She was named Florida Miss Basketball, Florida Gatorade Player of the Year and Class 7A Player of the Year. She made the SEC Academic Honor Roll for five semesters during her first three years at South Carolina.[40]. As Boardroom discussed this week, Boston and Bose are helping South Carolina drown out the noise as the Gamecocks chase their second national championship. Henderson certainly appreciated it herself. [14] The News-Press recognized her as its Female Athlete of the Year and Basketball Player of the Year. In her rookie season, Henderson played in all 36 games with five starting appearances and averaged 5.3 points, 2.5 assists and shot 40 percent from the floor, as . Ive always been into fashion and things of that nature, but what really, really forced my hand was when COVID first happened, because everybody in the world and basketball kind of stopped, she said. Henderson has had inconsistent production in recent weeks, and she's been held under 10 minutes of playing time in three of her last six appearances. Shell keep selling her clothing and will have a new fanbase to introduce the line to come April. Hennys already in Indy, but I got her shorts onHenny, I got your shorts on todayGo get your dream, Henny.. On this Wikipedia the language links are at the top of the page across from the article title. [31] After being sidelined for three weeks, she returned on December 21, and posted 17 points, seven assists and a career-high seven steals in a 6561 win over second-ranked Stanford. 2022 LaunPhpadBrevard - Latest It and General Information by Sthint. What the Bose deal represents, however, is even more important. For instance, she wears hats very often and needed the fitted cap to complete her look, and she wore her sneakers previously for her birthday. Before moving to South Carolina in 2021, she covered high school sports for six years and received a first-place award in the sports feature category from the Texas Associated Press Managing Editors in 2019. [29] On March 7, she recorded 18 points and nine rebounds in a 6762 victory over Georgia at the SEC tournament final, and was named to the all-tournament team. When you look at the Bridgeport Region and see UConn hidden in that lower right corner, you probably think of Paige Bueckers. She currently has 34 products available on her website, including t-shirts, sweatpants and hoodies. Heres what to know, Ball and sing like Zia: Before hoops, Gamecocks Cooke was known for musical talents, No. Stadium Goods hosting the WSlam event follows Nikes equity investment in the WNBA in February 2022 to help grow the league, create more visibility for the athletes and bring more girls into basketball. Henderson is making her first start since the third game of the season. I just started building relationships with people who would wear my stuff, said Henderson, whose celebrity supporters include rapper DaBaby and singer DaniLeigh. Henderson has launched a bona fide line of premium streetwear that includes hoodies, graphic tees, shorts, and pants. 25 Arkansas 90-64", "Gamecocks win fifth SEC Championship in six years", "A way-too-early look at South Carolina women's basketball for 2020-21", "Fort Myers High alum Destanni Henderson leads No. 2022 Player Review: Destanni Henderson - Indiana Fever Kristy Wallace. HAVE YOU HAD A GREAT EXPERIENCE WITH THE DOWRY BRIDAL SALON? @wachfox WATCH: Know @TiffMitch25 will be there for @dh3nny! She's out to prove them right. This was Henderson's first time scoring in double figures since erupting for 19 points May 8 against the Sparks. I pick and choose what I do, but it is a great amount of time and effort that I put into my business. If you need proof of that, look no further than where she is right now. She came off the bench her entire sophomore season while South Carolina raced to a No. [28] On January 18, 2021, Henderson registered the first double-double of her career, with 14 points and 10 assists in a 10482 win against Arkansas. Shes going to do whatever it takes to put herself in the best position to succeed. Henderson averaged 11.5 points and 3.9 assists as a senior, hitting 55 3s on 39.9% accuracy. Wind. Etsy is powered by 100% renewable electricity. After the national championship game, she was coincidentally ready to debut something more from her clothing line. Much of what she makes is inspired by her own personal style, fashion trends she sees on social media and feedback from those who comment on her Instagram posts. Destanni Mone Henderson[1] (born February 2, 1999) is an American professional basketball player for the Indiana Fever of the Women's National Basketball Association (WNBA). 2022: Fresh off bringing South Carolina a national championship, Destanni Henderson was drafted with the No. Before starting her company, Henderson sought answers while coming up with ideas and concepts. [26] Henderson helped her team reach the Final Four of the 2021 NCAA Division I Tournament. Khayla Pointer #13. Starting her business came with some snags along the way, though. Destanni Henderson is a fashion brand that focuses on affordable clothing. SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS! [5][6] Henderson played for Fort Myers Senior High School in Fort Myers. Im really proud of Henny for what shes done starting a company in college, a clothing company at that, Gamecocks center and teammate Aliyah Boston said. Destanni Henderson WNBA Stats | Basketball-Reference.com Henderson seeing her dream come to life was a weight lifted off her shoulders. She started. 4 AM 4 PM 4 AM Fri Sat. Henderson was a star off the bench once again for the Fever, and was the second-highest scorer on the team. Alexis Cubit serves primarily as the Clemson sports reporter for The (Columbia) State newspaper. In order to give you the best experience, we use cookies and similar technologies for performance, analytics, personalization, advertising, and to help our site function. Despite not seeing a return on her products, she kept going. Destanni Henderson #33. CashApp is also helping her start up the Paige Bueckers Foundation, which Forbes says will broadly focus on creating opportunities for children and families and promoting social justice., Notable Deals: SC30, Chipotle, BioSteel, TikTok, TIAA, Totinos. Destanni Henderson Ethnicity, Nationality. Destanni Henderson Girlfriend: Who Is Mariah Russell? - Mixedarticle Notable Deals: Outback Steakhouse, TIAA, Wingstop. We're here to help you save money, and find the dress of your dreams. She said she dressed well as a child It came from my family and grew on me and took it more seriously as she got older and entered college. This type of data sharing may be considered a sale of information under California privacy laws. Henderson competes for the United States national team and won a gold medal at the 2021 FIBA AmeriCup. However, with injuries to key guards like Kelsey Mitchell, Tiffany Mitchell and Danielle Robinson, Henderson eventually received more playing time and ended the season averaging 8.5 points through the last six contests. It was an extremely cool gesture from a head coach that is extremely loved by her players. It hasnt exactly been a secret that Boston, who is Black, doesnt receive the same amount of publicity as many players on other teams who happen to be white, all despite Boston being the likely National Player of the Year. Henderson produced 13 points (4-15 FG, 3-6 3Pt, 2-2 FT), three rebounds, three assists, one block and four steals over 26 minutes during Tuesday's 95-90 loss to the Sky. Destanni Henderson Parents, Father, Mother, Family Wiki, Age, Biography Destanni Henderson - Wikipedia Sign up for the For The Win newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning. Her age is 22 years as of 2023 and her full name is also Mariah Russell.. Destanni Mone Henderson [1] (born February 2, 1999) is an American professional basketball player for the Indiana Fever of the Women's National Basketball Association (WNBA). Destanni Henderson's popularity off the court Off the court, Henderson's popularity has been exploding due to her fashion. Hours after she scored 26 points to help South Carolina knock off Connecticut, she was processing orders. Before March, Kelly was already doing pretty well for herself in the NIL arena, complete with a Dunkin deal that gave her her own meal on the menu at Chapel Hill locations. She currently has 34 products available on her website, including t-shirts, sweatpants and hoodies. Shes also gotten the endorsement of several celebrities, including DaniLeigh (4.3 million Instagram followers) and DaBaby (20.7 million Instagram followers). While other stores may charge a high price for their clothes, Destanni Henderson offers pieces that are both stylish and affordable. She hit 14 3-pointers in the NCAA tournament. While other stores may charge a high price for their clothes. Howard has done more than just take advantage of the NCAAs new NIL rules. Dawn Staley , [: staley05/IG] pic.twitter.com/aSEhy7ejuC, . (@itsBTerrell) April 13, 2022, I miss Henny, too. Kelly and the Tar Heels are a No. Shes hoping that the jump to the WNBA will pay off. HOT. Please enter your username or email address to reset your password. In regards to the league embracing fashion and vice versa, Henderson said, I feel like its definitely a good time. Hundreds of student-athletes in this tournament alone have taken advantage in some form since the NCAA altered its policy last summer, so selecting from that increasingly impressive list in order to form the first-ever womens basketball All-NIL Team ahead of March Madness was particularly difficult. [38], Henderson's nickname, "Boss," was passed down from her mother, whose grandfather called her "Boss Hog," in reference to the character from The Dukes of Hazzard. But that all changed with the ruling in July 2021 that NCAA college athletes would have the opportunity to benefit from their name, image and likeness, or NIL. Though he has mastered the subtweet, he kindly requests you @ him next time. Her love for fashion started at an early age. At Fort Myers Senior High School, she won three straight state titles, was a McDonald's All-American selection and was rated as the number one point guard in her class by ESPN. We have talked about Destanni's ethnicity, Her ethnicity is not mentioned. Overview: Fresh off bringing South Carolina another national championship, Destanni Henderson was drafted with the No. It took me less than 48 hours to come up with the look, Henderson said. Gentry is a newcomer to the fashion industry, but her designs are already gaining attention. Hours after she scored 26 points to help South Carolina knock off Connecticut, she was processing orders for her fashion line. With an assist from OpenAIs lovable and nefarious artificial intelligence, the Boardroom Turbo Hybrid Roundtable boldly and unapologetically sets the stage for the 2023 F1 season. I think thats just thats a Wonder Woman move right there, to be able to start your business just because you know one day you will be able to attack it and go ahead and sell your clothes.. 2023 www.indystar.com. Simpson, others react on social media after Alex Murdaugh is found guilty, Strong storms, tornadoes possible in Midlands. Launchpadbrevard presently utilizes a stage called Platform to give a simple login to BPS educators and understudies. Check out our destanni henderson selection for the very best in unique or custom, handmade pieces from our shops. 203 posts. The starting point guard for the 2022 national champion South Carolina Gamecocks joined the Indiana Fever after the greatest game of her collegiate career to close out her tenure in Columbia. Shes seen her social media following skyrocket. On draft night, two items on her site were sold out. Because of the WNBA season expanding to the longest regular season in league history, Henderson joined Emily Engstler and Victoria Vivians as the only players in franchise history to play more than 34 games in a regular season. Much like every other athlete across the country in March 2020, the pandemic ended her sophomore season of basketball short of the . [33] Henderson helped South Carolina win the national championship. Read our Cookie Policy. Youll see ad results based on factors like relevancy, and the amount sellers pay per click. Actually the Launchpadbrevard is launched to make your studies more simple fluent and into the way of a smooth flow. Shes the first-ever woman athlete to come on board as a shareholder with the company, giving her the opportunity to grow along with the brand. Here are some tips on how to go about it. Crew, WWD Report Card: Brad Pitt vs Ryan Gosling, Report Card: Rating the Looks from Paris Couture Week, First Impressions: Paris Mens Spring 2023 | Day 5 | Kenzo, Herms, Thom Browne, First Impressions: Paris Mens Spring 2023 | Day 4 | Junya Watanabe, Dior, Officine Generale, First Impressions: Paris Mens Spring 2023 | Day 3 | Issey Miyake, Amiri, First Impressions: Paris Mens Spring 2023 | Day 2 | Lemaire, Givenchy, Reese Cooper, First Impressions: Paris Mens Spring 2023 | Day 1 | John Elliott, EgonLab, First Impressions: Milan Mens Spring 2023 | Day 2 | Versace, Fendi, Armani, MSGM, First Impressions: Milan Men's Spring 2023 | Day 1, First Impressions: Milan Mens Spring 2023 | Day 3 | Etro, Prada, JW Anderson, On the Red Carpet at the 2022 Met Gala: All the Looks, 'And Just Like That' Costume Designers Talk Process for New HBO Show, Netflix's 'Halston' Costume Designer Talks Working with Ewan McGregor, Video: J Balvin on the Deeper Meaning of the J Balvin x Air Jordan 1 Sneaker, Video: How Princess Dianas Fashion Choices Hinted at What Was Happening Behind Palace Doors.   Germany   |   English (US)   |   (EUR), remembering account, browser, and regional preferences, remembering privacy and security settings, personalized search, content, and recommendations, helping sellers understand their audience, showing relevant, targeted ads on and off Etsy, remember your login, general, and regional preferences, personalize content, search, recommendations, and offers. Two years later,. Looking for stylish and affordable clothing? The Coat Closet is a project supported by the GECKO - Giving Eaton County Kids Opportunities Program in Eaton County. Case in point: This TikTok commercial with Allen Iverson. {{ player.hanaInfo.TEAM_ABBREVIATION }} You see people around town wearing her clothes. No, this is not what youll see from some athletes, who put their nickname or catchphrase on a t-shirt and call it a day. (Her shirzee sold out Monday as part of a time-wide partnership with Under Armour. Boardroom is a media network that covers the business of sports, entertainment. Grand Ledge, MI Winter Weather Forecast | AccuWeather 25Destanni Henderson was left alone with her thoughts. Erica Wheeler #17. Boardroom & ChatGPT Reveal Everything That Will Happen in Formula 1 This Year, NFT Sales Roundup: Top Sewer Pass Sold for $1.6M, Planet of the Apes Gets Marvel Comic Imprint with 20th Century, Mariah Carey Enjoys Billboard Chart Resurgence Thanks to TikTok, Everything You Need to Know About Yuga Labs TwelveFold Project. Two years later, Hendersons business Instagram account has 12,800 followers and two sold-out items on the company website. As of Monday afternoon, 29 are sold out. Knowing what she was doing and where she was at, South Carolina Head Coach Dawn Staley wore a pair of shorts from her clothing line to make sure she was there in spirit. I want to put things on my platform thats important to me., A post shared by ANGEL REESE (@angelreese10). When you buy consignment, you are helping local ladies and supporting your community. Whether thatll be in Columbia or back in her home state of Florida is yet to be determined. 20 overall selection in the 2022 WNBA Draft by the Indiana Fever. At the time when Henderson first started her clothing line, athletes werent able to profit off their name, image and likeness. Dawn Staley crashes Destanni Henderson's interview after South Carolina Take full advantage of our site features by enabling JavaScript. Look no further than Destanni Hendersons designer line! She didnt take it personally. Fever begins new era on draft night with a star, surprise, steal and hometown hero, That's how many first-round picks the Indiana Fever made, Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. Notable Deals: Reebok, Direct Auto Insurance. RELATED: What to Watch: How the New NIL Rules Can Benefit FashionBrands, I was promoting myself and telling people Im going to have a website to order from, she said of her brand before the ruling. Please stop in to see our latestinventory and browse our over 1,200 in stock gowns!Interested in consigning your dress or accessories? South Carolina? Sometimes, thats just how business goes. No Result . Henderson logged two points (1-1 FG), two rebounds, one assist and one steal in eight minutes during Tuesday's 86-79 loss to the Sparks. Henderson averaged 11.5 points and 3.9 assists as a senior, hitting 55 3s on 39.9% accuracy.