Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. The Psychotherapist Imi Lo defines emotional intensity as a form of neurodiversity that is most often misunderstood by our culture. It means feeling things deeply, ricocheting between highs and lows, and experiencing emotions in profoundly intense ways that other people cannot feel. how to soften an intense personality 3- Classes pack for $45 how to soften an intense personality for new clients only. 12. We guide spiritual seekers undergoing an awakening to walk the path less travelled, practice inner soul work, and rediscover their interconnected True Nature in the present moment. A Deep Sincerity Some people can say a lot without saying anything. There are alpha personalities, type A personalities, type B personalities, and complex people, too. We want to spend all day, every day, with our loved ones. It means that you can access areas that those with a soft personality do not have. Answer (1 of 6): I found that being social and accommodating beyond the live and let live ideal, that is, interacting more with others and adjusting myself to suit the norm when "appropriate" did more harm than good to me. Polish everything you type with instant feedback for correct grammar, clear phrasing, and more. I either give too much of myself or expect too much in return. It is possible for an individual to become overwhelmed despite their senses. Just make sure they arent so caught up in their own emotions that they lose touch with reality. People with intense emotions are often referred to as old souls. 21. We contemplate deep questions, like Why was I born? What happens after I die? Whats the meaning of everything?. So, theres zero payoff for appeasing them. You like to ask questions to get to the heart of a problem, feeling, thought, or event. I wasnt gentle. As long as you arent acting in a disruptive or threatening manner (which does require adjustments), youre not necessarily looking to change. Intensity can be a force for good, said Nemko. If we all took the world of pain and worries too seriously, we will lack humor and a sense of progress. 2. Instead, roll with it.. They apply the same intensity of emotions to their aspirations, and won't let anything meaningless get in their way. Environment The environment you grow up in can also play a role in how your personality develops. You dont waste time trying to please people who dont get you. As an intense person myself, its always been difficult making/keeping long-term friends. These characteristics may benefit you and your journey of personal development and change. You have seen people take in your caring and benefit from your support. They offer their help to others readily. Talking to an intense person demands a level of concentration and interaction that can be emotionally draining. These four core characteristics describe the way this personality type navigates through life. We out here tryin to unlearn and update. Why? Its so easy to get swept up in the whirlwind of it all that you could miss the signs that things are too intense. You don't worry about what other people think of you. I also feel things extremely deeply, with the highs of life feeling very high, and the lows feeling profoundly low. Its important for people to respect your personal time and space and for you to have enough time to spend on other things away from them. document.getElementById( "ak_js_2" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This article is a godsend and one of the tools Im using for self-acceptance. Try to take it easy when you can, and give your headspace a rest from the overthinking and perpetual analysis. Welcome! Thank for your post on softening ourselves. It also means youre more of an open book. Your whole personality feels more aggressive to them or at least noisier. Most intense people are driven by a need to find their purpose, and to achieve the goals they set out to. If this passion is making marriage difficult, here are some suggestions for balancing it: You might like:15 Best Personality Development Activities for Students. I was still a 10 year old girl in survival mode just trying to toss food in my mouth standing up in my apartment and doing everything to just survive while pushing so hard to get things done. If half of these makes you excruticiatingly intense whayt dpes it mean if every single point hits home. how to soften an intense personality. I immediately felt a call to this and bought beautiful pillows for my couch and bed, pictures for the walls in my new home, started making my bed EVERY day (something I didnt have the energy to do for 10 years), brushing my hair gently, applying my face cream and face wash gentlyunlike how I did for so long to scrub my face as hard as I could. [Read More]. A simple conversation about the weather turns to a deep conversation on global warming, and a chat about a new job turns into a re-evaluation of their entire life. I was rough on everything from my nice bags to my nice shoes to making my bed. For some, this will be overwhelming. If its a relationship, it might be time to re-evaluate. I am using capsules they meant to have 60% cavocrol. Looking very forward to hearing from you. 8. 3. Just be honest with yourself and with them if youre finding it too much and try moving on to topics that are less emotionally wearing. They might not even realize theyre getting too intense and appreciate you being honest with them. If you feel extreme sadness when relating to somebody elses loss, or experience true jubilation at somebody elses triumph, you are experiencing their feelings for them, which is often a sign of a great empath and an intense thinker. You are willing to tolerate painful realities that others might shy away from. Youve heard the word moody used to describe your behavior, and it annoys you. You tend to be clingy with your closest relationships. This article reminds me that Ive grown over the years as well as I can continue to develop. but since most of us werent (myself included), thank you for pointing out the importance for us to teach to ourselves as adults. C. Made them feel silly with a witty and intense come-back. While this approach may get the work . Signs Of An Intense Person. Having an intense personality may mean the following: 1. 26. 4. Though Scorpios do indeed tend to possess the other mystical powers outlined above and they are as loyal as they come, their stinger is also front and center. how to soften an intense personality If you describe an activity as intense, you mean that it is very serious and concentrated, and often . in Applied Accountancy and B.Sc. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases, this means whenever you buy a book on Amazon from a link on this website, we receive a small percentage of its price at no extra cost to you. Often, I get push-back on this; leaders believe their teams must learn to flex to them. Back to expectations, you expect those who care about you to give as you give wholeheartedly and with passion. For example, an intense bride might overly plan for their wedding and send daily emails to their wedding party with every detail firmly listed. 5. Some people are outgoing, but others are incredibly fearful. Those who think you need to chill or mellow out arent your people. Conversely, we may feel uncomfortable making eye contact because of the intensity of our inner thoughts and emotions. However, being fully aware of any potential setbacks will make the diagnosis much easier to handle. You dont feel a need to conform to someone elses idea of how you should be. I have a question to ask you how do I get in contact with the types of healers that you speak about who have helped you relax, soften, and get through all of your lifestyle changes? You feel polluted when youre not completely and even painfully honest. 10. As a busy manufacturing leader, there's a chance that you can be a bit too intense at times. Few though they may be, theyre your tribe. If you find yourself in any kind of relationship with someone who is bordering on obsessive, remind them to come up for air once in a while and encourage them to try something new with you. We spend hundreds of hours every month writing, editing and managing this website. 6. Its best to try to have a balanced outlook on life and try not to become too wrapped up in one person or activity. 6. All the other girls were so pretty. If youre an intense person, you probably have a small circle of people you trust and who love and accept you as you are. You use strong words. 2. 5. Intensity in children can also relate to mood, though. And if you have an intense personality, youll probably recognize the following traits: When you meet someone willing to listen, it doesnt take long for you to open up and show your full intensity. These include being excited, feeling fearful, being happy, and experiencing despair all in quick succession. You are purposeful. If you cant seem to have a normal, emotionally-neutral conversation with them anymore or you feel pressured into sharing when you arent comfortable doing so, its worth addressing this or taking a step back from the situation. 19. 15 Signs Of Intense Personality You May Have 1. I was more like a librarian than anything. 15 Signs of Intense Personality You May Have, How to Become Less Angry When Its Necessary, 15 Best Personality Development Activities for Students, 13 Personality Traits of a Horrible Employee | Learnizia, How Does Personality Influence Leadership Style | Learnizia. Can be moody or irritable at times, but they also have an intense passion for life. Intense people. That said, if your intensity is making it hard to be in a relationship, here are some tips on how to balance it: Now that youve learned more about intense personality traits, how many of them resonated with you? So you assume others want the same. In a bid to win air time, they might even adopt an aggressive tone, dominating the conversation by trying to talk you down. How to Tame an Angry and Aggressive Personality. Theyre driven by passion, and when they feel passionate about something, they give it their all. She has been struggling for years with mostly gut problems, but also has a large cyst near an ovary that we r trying to figure out if it should come out. While this is a sign of being organized, the intensity of that list and the amount of communication may put people on edge or make them feel uncomfortable. Always consult your doctor or health care provider. It appalls you when someone is content to remain ignorant. If youre a person who experiences impassioned, fervent, frenzied, vehement, and agonizingly ardent emotions youre probably an intense person. You don't sugarcoat how you feel. You have always been an 'old soul'. I was in navy tights with wool plaid short, a navy turtleneck and a thick white cardigan. 2023 BDG Media, Inc. All rights reserved. Your intensity propels you onto paths that few others dare to explore or walk. Answer (1 of 2): I have smiling eyes, so even on days when my mouth does not have a curve it still looks like I'm smiling. But right now, I'm dealing with exasperating circumstances in my life that make me boil at times. And if youre an intense person, this trait can help you too. Compared to peers your age, you are an unusually deep thinker and feeler. Many people with intensity issues, for example, are also creative, sensory, and sympathetic to the suffering of others. Then you will experience Gods peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. Thank you so much. A person can be made to feel wrong for the most part of his or her life, and internalizing this sense of shame can lead to depression, low self-esteem, inability to self-regulate, and inner emptiness.. Uncategorized. There are 12 signs that indicate you have an intense personality: #1 You Speak With Conviction When an individual with an intense personality is categorically convinced that he's picked the best course of action, people who follow him unknowingly absorbs this belief and the accompanying emotional state. They do not value short-term connections and apply this same logic to choosing their friends, who they are likely to keep around forever. We should apply kindness to both others and ourselves. I was being too hard (physically and mentally) on myself and I needed to tap into the feminine. There is only so much you can talk about the same thing with someone, especially if its an interest you dont share. Intense personalities have no time for trivial relationships, and thrive on full throttle romance and finding someone they connect with on a deeper level. Youre all in, and youd alienate the world to have your friends back. One of your greatest delights is in learning more about things that matter to you. This post is a 100% christal clear mirror to me. And then there are intense personalities a type the grown-ups in your life may have been cautioned against becoming when you were a child. Over the past few days I read through many of your posts and am shocked to how much I feel I can relate to similar issues you must have gone through. 7. I feel as though you had wrote this with me in mind. ", How to Soften an Intense Personality | 7 Clever Tricks | Learnizia, on How to Soften an Intense Personality | 7 Clever Tricks | Learnizia. growth mindset activities for high school pdf how to soften an intense personality On the flip side, folks who are chill AF arent really in the business of changing the world for the better. Its usually not a cause for concern, although you may need to adjust your parenting approach to better align with your childs intensity. An intense single person will not be looking for a casual lover and will be seeking their soul mate who understands them. Dont get me wrong: if this is how you are right now, it is OK. You have a tremendous inner drive (or fire), Youre interested in truth (some people may be uncomfortable with your brutal honesty). Intense personality types fit more than one MBTI (Myers Briggs type inventory) category. Vanderbilt University in Tennessee and the Massachusetts Hospital published a study on the subject some years ago. I want to start by thanking you for sharing your healing findings here and also healthy life style changes. If youd like to embrace who you are more, heres some guidance: Do you have an intense personality? We pay undivided attention to each person we talk to. Emotional intensity is not a pathology, states Imi Lo of Psychology Today. An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. 18. To answer the first one, intense personalities are rooted in the way your mind works and how you process what youre feeling. They are passionate people. Learning Mind does not provide medical, psychological, or any other type of professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment. And you expect those who actually care about you to listen and at least try to understand. These two types have a tendency to be outspoken, driven, and demanding. This means they're more aware of their surroundings and can pick up on subtleties that others might miss.