Weeding your Vinyl When you remove the excess vinyl from your design, this is called 'weeding'. Need extra help? Ironing board, corrugated cardboard. Lets go through how to easily and quickly craft with this new line of Heat Transfer Vinyl: Metal! You can use the adhesive carrier sheet from some old HTV to compose and transfer your design, or just place the letters on your t-shirt by hand. Here are a few different ways you can judge which side is the shiny plastic liner: Sometimes Ive stayed up a tad too late making projects and maybe feel a bit sleep-deprivedand I just start doubting that whether Im placing my vinyl the right way. 33. Crafty Pants 536K subscribers Subscribe 89K views 2 years ago #designspace. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Copyright 2023 Jessi Wohlwend Creative LLC. Tel. How to Apply P.S. Glitter HTV can be three times as thick as regular HTV! Iron-on vinyl (or heat-transfer vinyl or HTV) has a liner or carrier sheet covering the pretty side of the vinyl that will eventually be seen. The cut settings for HTV depend on your machine and what type of heat transfer vinyl. Curious about how to make a DIY t-shirt with heat transfer vinyl? The vinyl has a matte finish (which means not shiny), and then the plastic liner is super shiny. Peel carrier cold 5. Siser EasyWeed wants 305F/150C, so well be using an, With the vinyl design still attached to the carrier sheet, flip it over and. But if the transfer sheet isnt sticky enough or youre piecing multiple layers together, you can use heat resistant tape to tape down your design before pressing. For our design, we removed the white background. This website uses cookies to improve your experience on the site by remembering your preferences if you visit often. Adding to a Mat The Puff HTV is white on one side and the color that you are using on the other. Ill be using Siser EasyWeed vinyl. What to avoid? Place your heat transfer vinyl shiny side down onto the green. If you remove the liner while it's still warm or hot, you risk your project warping, bubbling, peeling, or stretchingnot cute! We recommend to wait 24 hours before washing for a proper crystallization. Came here after looking at the Cricut website for guidance, this is much clearer! How to use Siser Easypatterns Heat Transfer Vinyl with A Cricut Cwinterbabydesign 3.82K subscribers 9.2K views 1 year ago Learn How to use Siser Easypatterns Heat Transfer Vinyl with A. The white side is actually shiny and the color side is more matte. Each machine is a little different so you will want to do a small test cut. And in this case, I also wanted the arrow to be the same color/material as the letters so that I can cut the entire image out of one piece of vinyl. 1. Peel carrier cold. Im using a Silhouette Cameo in this tutorial, but if you have another machine like the Cricut Maker or Cricut Explore Air 2, those will work as well! Your email address will not be published. Cricut Iron-On is not quite as easy to use as Siser EasyWeed, so it's not quite the best iron on vinyl. Apply heat to both the front AND back of the design for the recommended amount of time. Watch our Siser Easy Subli instructions and learn how to use Easy Subli with Cricut in no time. How to Cut Siser HTV with the Cricut Explore One, Air, or Air 2 When you are done cutting out your design, you can weed any of the excess vinyl. When people talk about iron-on transfers theyre talking about using heat transfer vinyl. The settings will be a little different if you are using glitter or flock HTV. You may have also heard it called Iron on Vinyl. You dont need to use sticky transfer paper since the HTV already comes adhered to a clear backing sheet that is used to transfer your design. I hope you love them, too!CHECK THEM OUT HERE: https://www.mrcraftypants.com/bestcricutproducts/ ONE OF MY FAVORITE PLACES TO BUY VINYL, MATERIALS \u0026 TOOLS: 143Vinyl (SAVE 5% w/ CODE \"CRAFTY\"): https://bit.ly/3syTjrC DISCLOSURE: As a 143Vinyl, Design Bundles, Font Bundles, Cricut, \u0026 Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases using my links. Heat Transfer Pillows are used to correct uneven pressure. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Do you have a crafting tutorial you'd like to see? Here's a step-by-step guide: Create your design within Cricut Design Space Click the 'Mirror image' checkbox at the bottom of the Mat Preview window Place the heat transfer vinyl with clear plastic backing facing down on your cutting mat If the design is pulling off your fabric, try ironing again for 5-10 seconds. With color changing chips contained within the material, holographic heat transfer vinyl can be cut to look exactly like rhinestoneswithout any of the hassle! Please note that TTD Easy might be placed inside the roll, so don . How to Use Heat Transfer Vinyl [Silhouette + Cricut! Next, fold and crease Metals carrier then line it up with the t-shirts crease line (usually about 3 fingers down from the collar). Youll learn how to use heat transfer vinyl (HTV), and how to make a successful first (or tenth) project. Step 3: There are two ways to apply HTV on the glass. Weed the vinyl, removing all the excess vinyl you dont want to be applied to your t-shirt. We suggest to wash inside-out at max 40C to protect your project. c.s. But double check the instructions on your specific shirt and on the vinyl you used to be sure! But after working with an iron for a while, you'll likely find yourself thinking there's got to be an easier way, and there is! This product is easy to use, and comes in 8 gorgeous colors! The cut design is weeded (excess vinyl removed) while its still on this sheet, and then flipped over and ironed onto your fabric. If its the wrong way, it will be hard to dig into the material. Share to Facebook, Pinterest, or send the article by emailjust click on any of the share buttons floating on the left, or find them at the top and bottom of this post. Wait a couple of seconds for the shirt to cool down, then carefully peel away the clear transfer sheet from the vinyl while it is still warm. Place the design on the garment 2. Metal is Sisers latest addition to the Heat Transfer Vinyl family. In this video I use the Cricut Explore Air 2 cutting machine and Easy Press, and Siser Easyweed. FOR MAKER USERS: Select Everyday Iron-On or whatever heat transfer material you are using. 2. Cricut Heat Guide Thank you so, SO much for all of your support! Would I need some kind of clear paper or transfer tape for this? The adhesive is activated by applying heat to it. This does not cost you anything extra and it helps support the free Cricut tutorials that I create. Apply design at 150C for 10 seconds (medium pressure) 3. Then load the mat into the machine: set the mat in front of the guides and then press the Load/Unload button. Load the mat into the machine by pressing the Load/Unload button. Use Teflon sheet or multipurpose paper to cover the decal. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. Additional Instructions Please do not use Teflon sheet or any cover on the vinyl before pressing. From $9.97. Let the shirt cool down for a few minutes, and youre done! How to Use Puffy HTV Now let's take a look at how to cut, weed, and apply this heat transfer vinyl product to a shirt. You can also grab a pair of scissors and use it that way as well. Siser EasyColor Lot de 5 feuilles de vinyle pour transfert thermique To attach your letters and shapes and maintain the spacing in your finished project, select all the shapes and letters of one color, then click the grey Attach icon in the Layers panel near the bottom right. I used Cricuts Everyday Iron-On vinyl for this project, so thats what I selected as the material in Step 1. Cricut EasyPress is an aluminium heat plate with a ceramic non-stick coating that combines the speed of a heat press with the convenience of an iron. +39 0444287960 Then Ill take you through a step-by-step tutorial on how to make your very own custom t-shirt: from designing to cutting to applying. Youll remove the carrier sheet after ironing. (If the vinyl starts to come up with the backing sheet, put it back down and press again before removing the transfer sheet.). Cricut EasyPress is lightweight, portable and compatible with Siser heat transfer vinyl. The embedded flakes in Twinkle have reflective properties that cause designs to really shimmer when hit with direct light! However, until you plan on making a lot of t-shirts or selling your finished products, you probably dont need to invest in one. For simplicitys sake I chose to make my design just one color. You do not need transfer tape with HTV. However, the Cricut brand is just as reliable as Siser , so you know you are always getting a product that will last. How to use Siser Easypatterns Heat Transfer Vinyl with A Cricut Depending on the type of HTV youre using, the default settings might not be appropriate. Did you know that you could use a regular household iron to permanently apply Siser Heat Transfer Vinyl? Cover with parchment paper and slightly move the iron throughout the entire design for 15 seconds HEAT PRESS 1. . Viale della Tecnica n 18 36100 Vicenza - Italy . It is recommended the use of a suitable protective mat. You generally dont need to use adhesive transfer paper because HTV comes with its own clear backing. vi 171856 reg. It will be a lot easier to weed and transfer, letting us focus on the heat transfer parts of this tutorial. Once your mat and blade are loaded, press the flashing Go button on your machine to start the cut! The other side of iron-on vinyl has adhesive; however, the adhesive is not sticky to the touch. Before discharging the mat, check to make sure that it has cut all the way through. Are you new to vinyl? Which heat transfer vinyl should I use on shirts? This tutorial will show you how to cut heat transfer vinyl using a Cricut Maker and Cricut Design Space, the free online design software that comes with all current Cricut machines (Cricut Explore Air, Explore One, Explore Air 2, and Cricut Maker). Are you wanting to learn a few more tips and tricks before your first project? Once the cut is complete, press the Load/Unload button to unload the mat from the machine. If you are using the basic version of Silhouette Studio, the Silhouette Cloud has over 100,000 designs you can select from, many of them costing less than $.99. Siser Twinkle HTV. Apply heat to both the front AND back of the design for the recommended amount of time. Finally, EasyColor can be applied with a heat press (like our WALAPress 15x15) or with a simple iron. Pickup 3+ day shipping. Film & Glitter 2 Using the Cricut EasyPress Siser S.r.l. 5. New To Vinyl - How to use Siser Glitter Heat Transfer Vinyl Expressions Vinyl 126K subscribers Subscribe 18K views 2 years ago New To Vinyl Series Are you new to vinyl? I am showing you how to use, apply, and layer Siser EasyWeed the easy way!HAVE YOU SEEN MY HUGE NEWS? Peel carrier cold #3: How to Wash & Care Metal HTV 2. Now that we have our design cut and weeded, its time to place it on the surface of our material. Which side of the transfer paper or parchment paper do you place against the iron? HTV is great for t-shirts, bags, jackets, jerseys, headbands, pillows, flags, signs, and more. You can easily make a word design in Silhouette Studio using the text tool. Thanks for watching!Free Sublimation Designs https://designbundles.net/free-design-resources/free-sublimation-designs?ref=TtrmIrDesign used in this video https://designbundles.net/regulrcrative/2261414-1820-designs-mega-sublimation-bundle-limited-time-?ref=TtrmIrSupplies Needed Disclosure: Some of the links are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you click through and purchase.Cricut Explore 3 (mint) - https://amzn.to/3y3ud5wSiser EasySubli (8,4x11) - https://amzn.to/3wDnrDASiser EasySubli Mask (8x10) - https://amzn.to/3gEIE9kSawgrass SG500 Printer - https://amzn.to/3gtFZjJ00:00 - Intro00:38 - What is Siser Easy Subli01:35 - Siser Easy Subli Mat02:24 - What you can use Siser Easy Subli on03:40 - Supplies Used05:37 - Resizing design in Cricut Design Space09:38 - Printing the Design12:15 - Siser Easy Subli cut settings14:30 - Siser Easy Subly heat settings15:45 - Finished Design16:50 - RoundupWatch Next How to Cut Siser EasySubli with the Silhouette Cameohttps://youtu.be/Xlon5yxRfZM How To Use Siser Easy Sublihttps://youtu.be/EMYnWq4-sLo Siser Easy Subli Print and Cut with Silhouettehttps://youtu.be/BbeoEQmiQsgJoin our Facebook Group for any questions and to show us your Craftshttps://go.designbundles.net/facebook_community#sisereasysubli #easysubli #howtouseeasysubli #siser #siserhtv #vinylcraft #htvvinyl #cricuttips #cricut #sawgrass #sublimation #sublimateoncotton #cricutexploreair2 #cricutexplore #cricuthacks #cricuttips #cricutmade #cricutmachine How to Apply Siser HTV with a Cricut EasyPress If you dont have a design already in mind, check out the list (cutcutcraft.com/free-svg-images-cricut-silhouette) I put together of free SVGs that you can import into Silhouette Studio. Just text me at +1 502-878-7189 *MY FAVORITE THINGS* (List \u0026 Links Updated 2020)Everything listed at the link below is things that I own and LOVE! 3.9 out of 5 Stars. If you are using an Explore machine, you wont see this Set Material dialog. Your email address will not be published. A heat press will give absolutely give the most reliable results for long-lasting HTV designs. It is a little thicker, so it requires deeper cut settings and takes much longer to transfer. Set your iron or heat press to 320F or 160C. You can apply heat transfer vinyl to most fabrics that can handle a hot iron for about twenty seconds. How To Use Puff Heat Transfer Vinyl If youve uploaded your own image or SVG file, there are a few simple tricks for dealing with layers, colors, and groups so you can get the image ready to cut. 4. If you want to iron on a picture onto a t-shirt, youll want to use a printable heat transfer vinyl, so you can print your picture and then iron it onto your shirt. The cutting and transferring process is exactly the same as for any other shape or design. Press iron firmly for 10 seconds on entire design. If youre using a heat press, check out my guide which covers just about everything you need to know. Attaching the layers also forces them to line up exactly as they show on the screen when cutting, rather than treating them as a bunch of individual shapes that can be rotated or moved to fit. Click Send down at the bottom, and watch as your design is cut out. If your image has multiple colors, no problem! Glitter HTV generally takes a higher temperature and pressure than regular HTV. Notify me via e-mail if anyone answers my comment. For Siser Glitter, set your iron between Cotton and Linen (320F/160C) and press hard for 10-15 seconds. Position your heat transfer vinyl design on your shirt. vi n 14971 In order to keep the spacing of your image correct, the shapes need to be Attached in Cricut Design Space. For large designs, press 10 seconds each section Place the HTV on your cutting mat with the shiny plastic backing side down. If your piece of Siser vinyl is wide enough to fit under the pinch rollers, you can select "Without Mat." But if you're cutting with a smaller scrap then you'll want to use the little cutting mat that comes with the Cricut Joy. Great examples you have at home: a fluffy cotton bath towel with even texture (8 centimeters thick). In today's episode, I will go over how to set up Siser Easypatterns Heat Transfer Vinyl (HTV) Black Heritage Patterns on a blank GildenT-Shirt. +39 0444287960 I purchase HTV and T-shirt from Michael's.SUPPLIES YOU NEED:https://www.michaels.com/siser-easypatterns-heat-transfer-vinyl-black-heritage-patterns-soul-ii/10650684.htmlhttps://www.michaels.com/siser-easyweed-stretch-heat-transfer-vinyl/M10546576.html?dwvar_M10546576_size=11.8%22%20x%2036%22\u0026dwvar_M10546576_color=Royal%20Bluehttps://www.michaels.com/cricut-iron-on-glitter/M10471518.html?dwvar_M10471518_size=12%22%20x%2019%22\u0026dwvar_M10471518_color=Silverhttps://www.michaels.com/gildan-short-sleeve-adult-tshirt/M10093625.htmlSUBSCRIBE:https://www.youtube.com/c/CwinterbabyDesign/featuredYOU CAN FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM:https://instagram.com/cwinterbabydesign?r=nametag#cwinterbabydesign#siser#cricut Generally warm peel vinyls will have a sticky backed liner sheet. The carrier side goes face down because we need it to stay intact for heat application, so we cut through the duller adhesive side of the material. info@siser.it Place your heat transfer vinyl shiny side down onto the green StandardGrip mat. New To Vinyl - How to use Siser Glitter Heat Transfer Vinyl Can I iron a picture onto a shirt without transfer paper? Siser - Heat Transfer Vinyl The temperature settings and timings in these instructions are for Cricut's EveryDay Iron-On on a cotton t-shirt, but you should always check the. CM100DM, CM250, CM550DX, CM350R, CM350, CM650W, Cricut, Roland GX-24, Graphtec and many others. That way I know which types of how-tos and projects you guys like and which I should do more of! Free shipping for many products! 103.300 i.v.- p.iva 01591490246, Siser S.r.l. You can use a weeding hook or a pair of tweezers to try to dig into a corner to lift up. We have created a New To Vinyl video series that will walk you through everything you need to know about how to use a variety of different types of vinyl. How to Use Heat Transfer Vinyl with Your Cricut Machine - LemonyFizz The patterned vinyl setting has slightly less pressure, so you can try that if you want, but if its cutting all the way through the vinyl AND the backing, I think its a bigger issue than just that small pressure difference. Place the garment on a hard, flat surface (ironing board not recommended) If youre feeling a bit more ambitious, I applaud you! If the image is larger than the heat plate, cover the largest possible surface for the recommended time, then move the heat plate to the remaining part of the design for the recommended time. Apply design at 150C for 10 seconds (medium pressure) The liner/carrier sheet is usually clear. If you use a lot of heat transfer vinyl, then you may want to get a heat press or Cricut Easy Press down the road, but for today we will just focus on using an iron. Its irreplaceable for making DIY t-shirts, bags, jackets, jerseys, basically any fabric that you want to permanently decorate with a vinyl design. If your vinyl isnt sticking, replace the carrier sheet and iron it again. All of the projects we create can be done on your machines. If that still isnt working, shoot me an email at jessi(at)practicallyfunctional(dot)com and Ill try to help you troubleshoot more! To activate the adhesive on the heat transfer vinyl, you need two things: heat and pressure, both of which we can get using an iron. How to Apply DTV Without Heat Mask Options. EasyColor DTV Heat Settings You can use an EasyPress with medium pressure at 340 degrees for 30 seconds, a regular heat press at 310 degrees for 15 seconds, or your household iron turned as hot as it will go for 25-30 seconds. You can either hang them or lay them flat to dry, or dry them in a no-heat tumble dry cycle in the dryer. You can set the exact temperature recommended by the HTV manufacturer, and pre-heat your garment for consistent results. Sometimes the machines get a little confused and just need a good reboot. (Part of what makes this material so fun!) Siser - Heat Transfer Vinyl Welcome to our DIY tutorial on how to use Siser EasySubli with Cricut, the perfect combination for sublimation on vinyl! Sometimes one side looks just as shiny as the other!