with so much Soo Hyun and Hoon moments, I keep thinking that she's the main girl lead. I love LJS but if PH is going to spend the entire show running around just trying to find JH, it annoys me. (and well, i still think this feels like a one-sided love. }); The man grows up to become a genius surgeon. Yeah, no. The way you described it eyes wide open, empty expression is exactly what I would describe a person that is about to die would probably have. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. You saved yourself 10 hours. Hes not happy with the decision, and grudgingly claims he did it for the mission. Either ways, I don't think it worked. And how? Not so sure about that - for one thing, where did the video come from? I'll keep watching because I am a glutton for punishment and I have hope that it will make sense soon. Max size: 2Mo. There he meets Han Seung-hee, a doctor who uncannily resembles Jae-hee. Take Vick (IRIS) who was played by TOP and Kim (Two Weeks) by Song Jae Rim or even Ryu Tae-oh (Gap Dong) by Lee Joon, these characters also fall under the same cold murderous villain archetypes, they too wear almost the same facade all the time. Why go through all this shadow puppetry with a political storyline that has absolutely zero likable characters in it? Soo-hyun agrees, but then makes the misstep of trying to toast to Jae-hee, whos in heaven.. PM Jang might be an important person, but I dont think he has the same clout nor is he even remotely comparable to that of NKs great leader, that his death will ignite yet another upheaval of nuclear proportions. Since I did not really notice the songs in this show and dont care to listen to them specifically, I dont have a section for my favourite songs. I would definitely hate to see the OTPs romance being foiled by some arbitrary mission that may or may not be just another form of noble idiocy. If she had amnesia (it has to be right after the bridge, isn't it? Hoon wont listen when Soo-hyun says that Seung-hee is ignoring him because she doesnt know him, and asks Soo-hyun how she can believe that when she saw the video of Jae-hee. (and thoughts), Just to correct some errors: (I have posted this on Koala Playground's site): http://koalasplayground.com/2014/05/20/dr-stranger-episode-6-recap/. Using Myung Woo University Hospital as the background, the drama portrays a story of love and competition with the characters standing in the center of a North Korean conspiracy to select the team members of the surgery team that will operate on the South Korean Prime Minister Jang Seok Joo (Cheon Ho Jin.). Its very difficult to grasp all of the different aspects between the characters, such as tone, choice of words, and expressions. 4 Hoon . Thats where Chairman Oh finds her to tell her that hes given Hoon another chance, even though he claims it was her who changed his mind and not the prime minister. Seung-hee looks to Soo-hyun for help as she pulls her wrist out of Hoons grasp, and at least Soo-hyun tries to diffuse the situation by asking Seung-hee whether she knows anyone named Song Jae-hee. Am not too concerned, let the plot show its face when it shows its face! So many things were wrong with the show. My OTP, please don't break my heart like the last time with Chilbong team T_T In episode 17, I had finally deciphered Jae Hees ultimate intention. All along Ive been doubting her motives for coming to South Korea. Her role as a North Korean spy (who is in cahoots with the Prime Minister to put the President in coma) has a very clear mission to fulfill, and rekindling her romantic interest to Park Hoon is just part of the show to finish it. Poor Hoon. Just look if there's a scar. Hoon remembers her kidney transplant (that he performed), which would leave the real Jae-hee with only one kidney. i just wish they would stick to the plot of the love triangle between Hoon-Soohyun-Jae-joon. However, Soo-hyuns not so sure: Do you think hes thinking of me all the time? Hoon thinks for a moment before replying that hed be surprised if Jae-joon did, considering his prickly personalitynot to mention hers. Chang-yis mom regains consciousness again, and notes that Seung-hee really does look like Jae-hee. Seung-hee balls her fist as Hoon listens to the steady sound of their hearts beating in perfect unison. I'll look them over, thanks! Many Korean actors/actress do drama while having concerts and/or variety shows at the same time. I cannot emphatize with her characters. Maybe he should fall in love with Dr Moon instead? Unfortunately, her designated guy pal Jae Joon is still seemingly lacking any worthwhile characterization and his motivations make him a rather odd one out of the love quadrangle. Meanwhile, he found a girl that looks exactly like Jae-hee, Doctor Han Seung-hee, who claims not to know Park Hoon. I like both Hoon and Soo Hyun as characters and they are the easiest to root for in the show, by far. And I can't see how Seung Hee is not Jae Hee. Actors take breaks for a reason. I still do hope to see Jae Joon make a turn around and be the proper lover to win back Soo Hyuns heart which will inevitably only be broken by pining too much to our Dr Stranger. But if the story is going to be centered around PH loving JH, shouldn't they at least try to convince us that he does? to me, there's a difference between the two i'm not sure if it's the same for you). Even I, a mere office worker go on auto pilot when I have worked for too long without a break and my job isn't as emotionally draining as theirs. Years later, Hoon, a budding genius surgeon, and his girlfriend Song Jae-h=Hee try to escape to South Korea. On the one hand, Im glad the show is presenting its mystery through Hoons point of view, since we literally only know as much as he does at any given moment. Another gripe: I can name three dramas where the heroine (most definitely the heroine in that case) kissed someone who was not the other half of her OTP, but eventually got the boy anyway, and one of those dramas is sorta linked to both Kang Sora and Lee Jong-seok - she starred in the sequel, and the writer of that drama went on to write a drama he starred in that I think we all know ;). Over 868 TV Time users rated it a 19.6/10 with their favorite characters being Lee Jong-suk as Park Hoon, Kang So-ra as Oh Soo-Hyun and Jin Se-yun as Song Jae-Hee / Han Seung-Hee. Hoons eyes grow wide the second Seung-hee unmasks in front of him, but he manages to contain himself this time. And even PH/Jaejoon. :). How much time has she given herself for self reflection? K1ngkang v2. And in that way she'll get him back to Myungwoo Hospital, because if she goes, he'll want to follow. Moon because gosh, those two are hilarious. what's the point of all the sacrifices they've made if PH just ends with another girl. Only, when he nods off again, we see that Seung-hee really was sitting there, having been called by Soo-hyun. 2) Han Jae Joon and Oh Soo Hyun. 13.4K Views. That's like drama speak of "you're never getting with the male lead, girl!" i dont know what to say i dont really like it how it progresses. The plot holes were annoying as heck. Of course don't get me wrong, shipping is totally fine, and I ship many drama couples too. But yes, whatever, I'm here to stay. Seung-hee ends up offering her home for Hoon to crash in, but while leading him to the bed, Soo-hyun trips and ends up wrapped in his arms. YFAS. idk how do you guys feel about that pairing. Dr Moon if I'm not mistaken.. Hmm, she's a hotty alright,but I never seen her the scene in the less than 10 second, even if she have longer scene,half of her face was covered up with a mask~, Yes, she appeared in few scenes in episode 6, maybe if they gave her more scenes she will steel the show from the girls :)). After that, Ill live as Song Jae-hee. I did not feel anything between the two leads either, I honestly thought they'd not end up together while thinking Kang Sora was female lead. When Hoon tries to follow her, Soo-hyun has to physically hold him back. It's going to be like all the othersSeung-hee is either going to leave or get killed and he will end up with Soo-Hyun. My suggestion? Bacolods The Ruins Picturesque Burnt Remains of aTragic Past, Doctor Stranger Episode 18 - Jae Joon Is Entrusting Soo Hyun to Hoon | Empress Of Drac, All Rights Reserved | Empress Anessee Digital 2022. Pleaseee i want to know. Haven't watched this too many episodes .. it's on my watchlist, for exclusive curated content & access to the resource library, Pretty Little ScribblesStuck in FictionThe Perks of Being NouraLeostheticsAlly Writes Things. He's not the only one with crazy schedule either. And viewers don't really care to see if they're crying, angry, sad, or happy, because Cold is their M.O. The stylist must have been horrified. Do not like her either, not sure why. I certainly hope they do not spend the rest of the show just showing LJS trying to find JH. After a successful surgery, Jae-joon updates Hoon and Chang-yi on her mothers status only to be met with skepticism from Hoon, since he didnt think her condition was serious enough to warrant a sudden heart surgery. Doctor Stranger S1: E2 Park Hoon and Jae Hee Part Ways 2014 HD TagDub Over 868 TV Time users rated it a 19.6/10 with their favorite characters being Lee Jong-suk as Park Hoon, Kang So-ra as Oh Soo-Hyun and Jin Se-yun as Song Jae-Hee / Han Seung-Hee. Hes been trained well by his father and is a great heart surgeon. I am too invested in the show's otp since the 1st ep. Be sure to check out our sidebar for helpful info and resources! This website is still under development. }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk')); As a child, a man and his father are kidnapped and brought to North Korea. While not a focus point, it influences Hoons life and its addition made the show more interesting. When the realization hits, his eyes open wide. He further confuses Doctor Moon when he tells him that Jae-hee isnt in the Northshes here. The reason she says she'll live as Jae-hee after the surgery is so that N. Korea can keep have an eye on Park Hoon and "threaten" him using fake Jae-hee whenever they need anything. well, no i dont need that. For that I take the Park Hoon-Jae Hee/Seung Hee couple as the more worthwhile couple over the cute and sassy Hoon-Soo Hyun. Anyhow, I like Soohyun but I can't just dislike Jae Hee/Seung Hee yet..even if she end up as bad spy all along, I think I will still like her more. All the way throughout the drama, I thought Kang Sora was the female lead, until it dawned on me in the last episode that it was Jin Seyeon. 8. Prime Minister Jang runs into some issues in creating a committee without strict presidential oversight, with a fair number of assemblymen on his side. I read similar opinions in the show's reviews. When faced with the actual face of his first and only love, poor Hoon seems to be no exception to the adage that love makes fools of us all, since hes only capable of stitching up just about everything but his own broken heart. I found one recurring thing unbelievable. And Soo-hyun is awesome. How did they escape and why didnt they tell anyone??? Not even a little bit. }); However, he only gets Hoons attention when he shows him a picture of Jae-hee and that sympathetic Hungarian doctor. There were a series of surgical competitions set up by the hospitals authorities for Hoon and Jae-Joon. 3. Unfortunately, what I mentioned above was the ONLY thing I liked about the character. Ummm she hid her identity inorder to protect hoon, i dont understand why people hated her so much, watch the god damn drama carefully, Your email address will not be published. After an article appeared in Korean ladies magazine . I like soo hyun. Plus he's FIERCELY loyal to JH and it's so OOC for him to be falling for So Hyeon. I liked how LJS looked so lost and helpless and in denial when SH insisted she isn't JH, but I thought an entire episode of that was too much. Doctor Stranger (TV Series 2014) - Plot - IMDb I only liked Lee Chang-Yi (whos like a younger sister to Hoon in present-day) because she was cute and level-headed, and Moon Hyung-Wook (Hoons direct boss in the hospital) who was there mostly for humour purposes. In case of spoilers! He is a highly-ranked North Korean government official sent to kill Park Hoon alongside Han Seung-hee (Jae-hee) The character was portrayed by Park Hae-Joon. Say if a couple is married right from the beginning of the drama, are they supposed to convince you that the couple is indeed in love before moving on to other parts of the story? Then he looks over Jae-joons shoulder: What do you think, Quack?. It'd have been nice if we had more of that, because the memories PH has of JH, from what we see, it's so limited. Those scenes in NK, they've been replaying so many times over it is though those were the /only/ memories they had together. I suspect a certain segment of audience would appreciate being told what is going on rather than sit back and enjoy the mystery plot. It just seems so over the top and borderline ridiculous at times. Just like how no two people have the same face. He thinks back to when he held Jae-hee to his heart and said that their heartbeats were the same. i mean i get the amount of politics is very heavy in this drama which i also understand since it can be annoying. Doctor Stranger (Korean: ; RR:Dakteo Yibangin) is a 2014 South Korean television series starring Lee Jong-suk, Jin Se-yeon, Park Hae-jin and Kang So-Ra. Betrayed, bewildered wrong response?" I mean, who wouldn't? Its clear as blue sky now that Jae Hee has no intention in staying with Hoon after her mission. She said that she will be going back to Japan. Her coldness to Hoon in this episode mirrors her reactions in that flash back scene in episode 5 (Hoon chasing her inside the hospital while she intentionally avoided him). Her facial expressions in that scene showed contempt and disgust towards Park Hoon. Shes Jae-hee! he says, tears welling in his eyes. im actually really annoyed by seung hee/jae hee. Yeah to me there was only one end game from the beginning in there but that's b/c the writing was good and set it up so logically and emotionally resonant that I appreciate the ride of getting there the entire time. we dont know what exacatly and why. Sometimes when leads don't have chemistry, it's fine because the storyline is engaging, but wow dr stranger had a frustrating storyline PLUS Park Hoon and Jae Hee had zero chem. A lot of her facial expressions are inscrutable; I don't think it's because of the actress or anything, but she's probably given the same amount of information we are so she's not really able to express a hell of a lot, just in case the writer goes a different way~!