John Boy and Billy lyrics | Musixmatch (Played by John Isley) * Willie P. Richardson: is a prank phone caller from Nacogdoches, Texas these are actually comedy skits by Willie P. Richardson, the Phone Prankster, who is not part of The Big Show cast. She is the sister of former Charlotte Hornets shooting guard, Dell Curry. John Boy & Billy (and the whole Big Show crew) wake up the Upstate with their hilarious antics every weekday morning on Classic Rock 101.1. Marci and her husband Trey have been happily married for the last 7 years. ENTER SITE. it was funny until i realized it's been 45 seconds and this song is 3 and a half minutes long, It's still funny because they took to 100% of the writing process and made it three minutes. The song was first played live on the John Boy and Billy show years ago and put on one of John Boy and Billy Christmas albums. (Played by Billy James) * 'Ricky B. Sharpe and his wife Lucy R. Sharpe are a married couple that live in Dothan, Alabama, and are, as their names sarcastically suggest, not too sharp. Sour Beef Jones. His first radio job was at WADA-AM in Shelby, North Carolina. He has commentated on things such as Star Wars, NASCAR and Hurricane Isabel. Two of the stations were sports talk--WRFX-AM (co-owned with flagship WRFX-FM) and WFNS in Tampa, Florida. His catchphrases include Oowa oowa oowa, Wheres my big bag?, Love ya, mean it!, and I care, Im just not going to do anything about it. John Boy is an avid sports fisherman and often refers to his boat, the Duh Huh. People who listen to TOP and rap / hip hop, which artists do you listen MAD is an animated sketch-comedy series produced by Warner Bros. Charlotte, NC My Duties Include : . * Letters to the Mailbag: John Boy & Billy read listener letters and e-mails on the air. 2 years ago. im so used to the i.m. WRIGHTSVILLE BEACH, N.C. (WECT) - John Isley and Bill James have been partners longer than nearly every team that has worked in radio or television. John Boy and Billy - Wikipedia Before entering comedy, he worked as a gas station attendant, but started in radio by running the tapes on his hometown radio station in 1975. As part of his plea agreement, John Boy agreed to broadcast anti-drug messages on WRFX. (Played by Marci Moran) * J.D. Barry Hopson - Barry Hopson (born October 7, 1965) (Big Show listener Barry Hopson, as John Boy refers to him) is from Tyler, Texas. E-Mail Machines and cel phones will be banned, and ding dong mommies will be forced to stay at home and bake pies. John Boy & Billy Big Show | Kyyi-fm He has a segment called "Mr. Rhubarb's Storytime" in which he tells stories and jokes that are usually incredibly corny. John Boy and Billy as well as the rest of the Big Show Crew are a great way to get your day started. Animation and uses the iconic MAD magazine published by DC Comics as inspiration. East TN Nissan Trunk or Treat 10/31/20. I sat in the studio all day when they recorded it. Yeah sounds like Randy..He should have did this song as well.. . One of his early radio gigs included a stint as an afternoon and evening DJ . $9.99. [12], By 2002, 110 stations carried the show. Add lyrics. During the sixty-second time limit, one player starts the round with a word in a certain category, and the other has to continue by giving another word in the same category that starts with the last letter of the previous word, and it goes back and forth like that. my religious, conservative mother was appalled. Add lyrics. XD! The show is especially popular in North Carolina. Raiford later taught Communications at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. John Boy and Billy released a number of albums between the 1990s and the 2000s. 2 years ago. The Stupie Quiz is administered by Tater. Add lyrics. Fortnite 40 - Lolzteam Market One difference on the new station, said John Boy, was "We'll actually listen to the music we're rock 'n' roll guys. Jay Wilson - Jay Wilson (born October 23, 1960) is from Kingston, New York. His first real radio job was at WEGO (AM) in Concord, North Carolina. Add lyrics. I have a character in The Belch Dimension Comics, and her name . Weekdays 6am-10am. 2022. John Boy & Billy music, videos, stats, and photos | Last.fm jeudi 15 octobre 1981, Journaux, Ottawa :[Le droit],1913- . 'John Boy' Isley: Decades of making morning radio laughter - WECT checks in on the George Mcfly show on 1035 WIMZ! Raiford has appeared in 28 movies, often portraying judge characters. No matter how much you hate going to work, at least you'll . Isley and co-host Billy James have . One of the traditions of The Big Show is that first time callers are always played a cow moo sound effect. Many of the questions were remarkably obscure. Incorrect answers, however, receive a buzzer. Scuba Certification; Private Scuba Lessons; Scuba Refresher for Certified Divers; Try Scuba Diving; Enriched Air Diver (Nitrox) John "John Boy" Isley - John Isley (born March 28, 1956) is from Graham, North Carolina. John Boy & billy. 03. [10] In June of that year the first country station to air the show was WMTD-FM in Beckley, West Virginia. John Boy And Billy. John Isley and Billy James, known as John Boy & Billy, are American radio hosts based in Charlotte, North Carolina. The number for this line is (334) 756-3336. This is from a local group of friends. Robert D. Raiford on the John Boy & Billy Show". From 1978 to 1986, Raiford was a news anchor and talk show host for Charlotte's NBC television affiliate, known as WRET-TV and later WPCQ-TV during his tenure there (it is now WCNC-TV). A running gag has been made about the amount ofwhiskeyRaiford drinks, though Raiford often says I spill more than I drink.. Flea Mourns Loss Of 'One Of The Greatest Musicians To Ever Walk The Planet', Roger Waters Shares First Preview Of Re-Recorded 'Dark Side Of The Moon', North Carolina Man Wins 'Once-In-A-Lifetime' Lottery Prize, Final Glastonbury 2023 Headliners Announced, Gavin Rossdale Explains Why Bush's Latest Album Is So Heavy, Teen 'Jeopardy' Contestant Reveals Appearance Caused Her 'Emotional Damage', WATCH: Metallica Releases New Music Video For "If Darkness Had a Son". Add lyrics. * "Redneck Idol": Three callers competed against each other and were judged by the Big Show version of the Idol judges. * I Like Cheese! No clue. Billy James - Billy James serves as the co-host. He offers advice on interpersonal relationships most particularly he advises people that they should administer (or that they might receive) "breaking their foot off in the crack of yo' butt". Kip Winger calls the George Mcfly show on 1035 WIMZ! * Mayberry Trivia: This was a trivia quiz on the The Andy Griffith Show that was played on Fridays. Do you like it? The last one to have provided a word wins the round, and the game is best-of-three. That' "big ol' hairy, no-drivin', Hee-Haw-lookin' sonofagun.". Tim Funk, "14th Station Picks up John Boy and Billy". This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply. He is the show engineer and 2000-2005 Big Show Employee of the Year.. Merry Christmas to you, as well!!! you might also like. Isley has been married for over 20 years and has three sons. Storytime with Carl Childers: Brokeback Mount Storytime with Carl Childers: Getting a Colon Storytime with Carl Childers: The Wizard Of O Oliver: Comparing the Showering Habits of Men Storytime with Carl Childers: Three Little Pi Oliver: Deciding If You Are a Democrat Or a R Gary Busey's Diary: The Little Deuce Coop, The Crocodile Stalker: The Obama Supporter, Oliver: The History of the French Military, Storytime with Carl Childers: Count Dracula, Gary Busey's Diary: Looking For A New Church. Also, explains a lot about where I get my warped sense of humor, The first time I heard this was when I was listening to the radio while driving in drivers Ed. It is Randy Travis. John Boy & Billy | Premiere Networks Saturday, 6am-10am. The duo frequently interviews musicians, comedians, NASCAR drivers, professional wrestlers, and other public figures, such as Robert Earl Keen, Killer Beaz, Manny Pacquiao, Stephen Curry, Rodney Carrington, James Gregory, Pat McCrory, and the late Tim Wilson. Billy Joel, AJR, Panic! Leominster High School - Magnet Yearbook (Leominster, MA) WHSL in Greensboro, North Carolina, which was owned by Capstar Broadcasting (same as WRFX and the John Boy and Billy Network), was one of the first country stations in the network. They primarily broadcast on 99.7 WRFX-FM "The Fox." Their c read more. It will be played on Fridays. Jeff Borden, "WRFX Radio to Reunite John Boy and Billy Team". Their flagship station is 99.7 WRFX "The Fox." Rev. A proven ratings success, it's a high-energy, non-offensive, entertainment . Isley has been married for over 20 years and has three sons. He writes many of the skits for the show and performs several of them. Mark Washburn, "Song After Sniper News Offends Fans - 'Another One Bites the Dust' Was Already Scheduled, Producer Says". One of the "traditions" of The Big Show is that first time callers are always played a cow "moo" sound effect. 25 . Their flagship station is 99.7 WRFX "The Fox." Their comedic morning show, "The John Boy and Billy Big Show," can be heard in several Southern states via syndication through Clear Channel Communications. and ends with, "Peace out." This often results in some kind of argument between the couples. Randy Brazell - Executive Producer Randy Brazell (born 1961) is from Gastonia and attended the same high school as Billy. GALLERY - The Big Show The John Boy & Billy BIG SHOW - Cast Member TATER / Guest Coordinator / Associate Producer Premiere Networks. * Raiford Raves offers social commentaries during the show every hour. and played "The Boys Are Back in Town" by Thin Lizzy. RECALL: Nissan Small SUV's Recalled Over Engine Shutting Off While Driving, Foo Fighters Are The Latest Band to Get Their Own Pinball Machine, LISTEN: Metallica Teases Another New Song From "72 Seasons" Album. Live. [6], By August 1994, the show was heard on 14 radio stations, most of them playing rock. It just ain't Christmas without this song! Reminiscent of Chuck Berry's "My Dingaling." 15K views, 149 likes, 12 loves, 5 comments, 7 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from The John Boy & Billy Big Show: The girls are headed for a showdown at Charlotte Motor Speedway courtesy of . There have been instances where people, despite the fact that they are (repeatedly) told to take C, will choose A or B. From racin' to wrasslin', John Boy and Billy get your morning going with a lot of laughs and a ton of fun! which is also the title of his book containing excerpts from his commentary from the show. John Boy and Billy frequently play recordings of the "Ad Talk Guy" who records their answering machine messages. Why do I think this? At this time, oldies stations could broadcast the show with songs specific to their format. Enter For Your Chance To Win A Pair Of Tickets To See Guns N' Roses In CLT! Billy has been married since1986and has two children. John Isley and Billy James, known as John Boy & Billy, named after "John-Boy Walton and a Hooters cocktail waitress", are American radio hosts based in Charlotte, North Carolina. He was the "2006 Big Show Employee of the Year.". Delbert has never actually been heard on the show, but John Boy frequently calls Hoyt and is told a story about some terrible calamity that's going on in Delbert's life. www.youtube.com. 99.7 The Fox is Charlotte's home station for the John Boy & Billy Big Show and the best Classic Rock music all day. http://www.thebigshow.com/links_qa/misc_questions.html#top, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. 7.6K views, 90 likes, 5 loves, 6 comments, 14 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from The John Boy & Billy Big Show: Charlie Starr from Blackberry Smoke called in today to chat about the Southern Rock John Boy & Billy. [11], In 1999, John Boy and Billy were being heard on 65 rock stations in 18 states, but the show was expected to dramatically increase its potential audience when the producers added the option of country music. For more than five years, John Boy and Billy hosted the morning show at Top 40 WBCY 107.9 FM in Charlotte. Executive producer Randy Brazell said songs were selected in advance and stored using complicated computer software. 3 hours ago . Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Freakshow. The John Boy & Billy Big Show. 95.9 FM. Jeff Pillars - (born July 13, 1958) is from Kalamazoo, Michigan, and is a writer for the show. Playhouse: The Trial of Ivan Popov. What's up?" John Isley (born August 15, 1956) and Billy James (born August 31, 1957), known as John Boy & Billy, are American radio hosts based in Charlotte, North Carolina.Their comedic morning program The John Boy & Billy Big Show broadcasts from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time in several Southern and Midwestern states via syndication through Premiere Networks, primarily airing on classic rock . Mornings with John Boy and Billy! They are from the Cornelius-Huntersville NC area. ", The show is now pre-recorded ahead of time for playback from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time. Oh well, its still funny to listen to. After that, Tater is given a minute to spell several words that are longer and harder (e.g. $9.99. Join Marci and her new Southern Rock Besties on the High Seas - Facebook 2022 The Refuge Oran Park Baptist Church - All Rights Reserved I say that!" Kennedy. We have lyrics for these tracks by John Boy & Billy: The lyrics can frequently be found in the, Jeff Foxworthy, Bill Engvall, Ron White & Larry The Cable Guy. When he was a child, the man known by millions of radio listeners as John Boy had one goal: To earn $900 a month. $19.99. John John Boy Isley John Isley (bornMarch 28,1956) is fromGraham, North Carolina. Sykesville. John Boy & Billy (and the whole Big Show crew) wake up the Panhandle with their hilarious antics every weekday morning on Thunder 98.7. * The Current Events Quiz is a daily quiz on the latest news. Whoever gets the most right wins. Their comedic morning show, "The John Boy and Billy Big Show," can be heard in several Southern states via syndication through Clear Channel Communications. * Wordy Word (originally called The Couple of Hundred Dollar Pyramid: Similar to the $25,000 Pyramid, originally had a very humorous format in which Billy had to use $5 words for a common phrase and the contestants had to buzz in to be the first to give the common phrase. Ike At The Mike. Robert D. Raiford - Wikipedia In reality, John Boy and Billy are the masters of the secret Global Redneck Conspiracy. The other stations were in WZZU in Raleigh; WROQ in Greenville; WSFL in New Bern, North Carolina; WXFX in Montgomery, Alabama; WYBB in Charleston, South Carolina; WMFX in Columbia; WKLC in Charleston, West Virginia; WDRK in Panama City Beach, Florida; WVRK in Columbus, Georgia; WJMX-FM in Florence, South Carolina; WIMZ in Knoxville, Tennessee; and WEKL in Augusta, Georgia. (Played by Jeff Pillars) * Hoyt and Delbert are John Boy's friends, a pair of rednecks who share a trailer in the mobile-home park known as "Casa de Double Wide". Words greatest Christmas song. * "Beat the Blonde": The Blonde was originally Lisa, then later became Tater, and sometimes was another female guest. Radio stations around the world commonly are synchronized with Greenwich Mean Time also known as Co-ordinated Universal Time or simply Zulu, so that events can be timed out properly involving the use of the same time database, usually maintained by the US Naval Observatory and available online at any instant. He is the show engineer and "2000-2005 Big Show Employee of the Year.". My son heard this at 6 months old and recollected and asked to hear it at 18 months! I remember when they first played this song on the radio. InfoWars Alex Jones Keeps Spreading The Crazy Or Is It? The duo's radio career originally began back in 1980 on WBCV radio in Charlotte, NC, before soon Read Full Biography. Hoyt: How's That Again? Hey, I just saved your broke ass 99. It ended in a large tournament. 2 years ago. John Boy and Billy as well as the rest of the Big Show Crew are a great way to get your day started. [9], By 1996, the show was heard on 28 stations in 10 states. my conservative, southern father showed this to me one day with no explanation. Oliver: Why It's Great to be a Man John Boy and Billy. Tim Funk, "Deal Keeps Duo on Air in Charlotte". He frequently closed his commentaries with the line "Who says that? I remember driving to school the first time I heard this in JB&B and laughing so hard tears came out.