I take time on the weekends to do things for myself and ensure that I regenerate before the work week begins. I can be funny, but my sense of humor is pretty dry, so people don't always know that about me when they first meet me. If it is fair to ask, can you talk about the type of environment I would be joining at Kaiser Permanente? Using a specific example from your work history, talk about a specific time where you had to go the extra mile as part of a team to make a project or task a success. There are many roles to play on a team and this question is asking about the kind of role you tend to take on when you're part of a team. Well done! While working with patients, the difficulty usually stems from fear of the unknown about their health, I try to be more empathetic and talk to them truthfully about the procedure. You are showing the interviewer that you are highly capable in either situation. "Every day at work, I remind myself that everyone I come across has their struggles. When I enjoy what I do it doesn't feel like a chore. ", "Knowing that I wanted to pursue a career that involved healthcare and science, I received my bachelor's degree in cytotechnology from Thomas Jefferson University. ", "Outside of my career, my priorities in life are my family and being outdoors. Interview answers were first added by Ryan Brunner on an unknown date, Interview questions were first added on August 9th, 2016, Interview questions and answers were updated by Ryan Brunner on September 20th, 2018, 1 community answer was added by Lauren McCabe on October 22nd, 2019, 1 community answer was added by Lauren McCabe on October 23rd, 2019, 5 community answers were added by Rachelle Enns on November 27th, 2019, 1 community answer was added by Rachelle Enns on November 28th, 2019, 8 community answers were added by Rachelle Enns on November 29th, 2019, 7 community answers were added by Rachelle Enns on November 30th, 2019, 1 community answer was added by Rachelle Enns on December 3rd, 2019, 1 community answer was added by Rachelle Enns on December 4th, 2019, Interview questions and answers were updated by Rachelle Enns on January 26th, 2020, 2 community answers were added by Rachelle Enns on May 8th, 2020, 6 community answers were added by Rachelle Enns on May 9th, 2020, 112 questions and/or answers were updated by Ryan Brunner on November 21st, 2021, Checked for grammar and spelling mistakes by Crystal Goines on November 21st, 2021, 1 community answer was added by Kevin Downey on June 28th, 2022. ", "Having worked in the healthcare field for seven years now, I have really grown to appreciate the importance of continuing medical education and I jump at any chance to further my knowledge base in the field. Our job requires multi-tasking, so I tackle one patient at a time while giving each patient my full attention. Clear communication is vital to the successful functioning of any team, but it is especially important in a medical environment where the consequences of misunderstandings or misinformation can be life or death. Asked July 30, 2016 22 answers Answered October 27, 2022 Look for mock interviews you can purchase for 8$ month. I am looking forward to getting into the routine of a career again. ", "In 2006 I started working at Giant Eagle pharmacy as an OTC associate. To get at your ability to do this, be sure to read through the job description thoroughly prior to your interview. In my search for a new position, it was important for me to find a new employer that embraces diversity & inclusion in their workforce and I'm confident I found that here at Kaiser Permanente. I really like this answer! By initiating an open conversation with this person, we were able to uncover his need. During training sessions, I take a methodical and knowledgeable approach with my students and keep an open ear for questions. When the pharmacist noticed I fix my mistake, and from that day, I double-check the quantity in the bottles in case the quantity changes.". In looking to hire you on their team, your interviewer would like to ensure that you are set up for success from the start at Kaiser Permanente. My personality would positively benefit your team at Kaiser Permanente through my consistent approach to doing the right things in patient care. Once developed, I researched and put out contact to users of the systems and we saw a great response rate to the survey. Talk to the interviewer about the ways that you ensure accuracy and organization in your day-to-day activities. I am a people person and build relationships with my coworkers and patients alike. In your answer, your interviewer will be looking to hear that you are confident in your ability to be a problem-solver on their team. In looking to hire you at Kaiser Permanente, your interviewer wants to know that you have a methodical approach to problem-solving. Takes notes when I have to and double-check my work to make sure it's done right like typing prescriptions. Ensure that your answer does not include a factor that would make you appear unfit for the job that you are interviewing for and reiterate how you effectively handle this stressor in your work. Submit as soon as possible so that you will have more time to gather the required supplemental documents. Take a few minutes to tell the interviewer a few things about yourself. The status says no longer consider for the position. This fact is a bonus for me, and it's one of the reasons I chose to work in the medical field. I love working with like-minded people who set challenging goals for themselves. I don't know what the patient could be going through, but showing I care for them and treating them like family will make a difference for them to feel better. I know what I want to be done and how I want it done, so it's often easier to do it myself. Assure the interviewer that you would treat everyone at Kaiser Permanente with great respect and a positive attitude. I am currently pursuing my MBA to help advance me into a leadership position later in my career, and I'm hopeful that opportunities will exist down the road with Kaiser Permanente when I am ready to demonstrate my ability to lead. You can improve your response by assuring the interviewer that you have a flexible salary range, but that you'd like to be compensated appropriately based on your experience and performance record. As we met for brainstorming and solution ideas, we realized that our new process decisions would affect many other departments. I learned a lot from this situation that I think I can bring to the Kaiser Permanente team. Read our Terms of Use for more information. ", "I see myself as a compassionate person; I see more than a sick person picking up their prescription. Very nice answer. "I certainly do not enjoy communicating bad news to a co-worker, but I do have experience in doing so. Be sure to have an action plan in place for improving on this weakness if hired at Kaiser Permanente. Whether it is providing a less than favorable work review, or terminating someone, it doesn't come easy. I would make sure to alert my team of a covid + patient and what protection to use, ie respirators vs N-95 masks. For example - Does your ability to calmly share facts with empathy and answer any follow-up questions help patients relax and adapt to the change in their situation? At the end of the day, many role titles are fluid. I also keep myself open to my colleagues so that they can know and understand me better as well. Your version of customer service sounds warm, welcoming, and caring. In seeking out possible solutions, I also seek feedback and support from others when needed and also plan on how to cope in case of a solution does not go as planned.". Looking back, had I not stopped to talk so long with the other patient the fall may have been able to be prevented. If you have an example or two of a time where you had to have a difficult conversation on the job, don't hesitate to talk about how you handled that experience and what you learned from it. Once this trust is developed, my patients can fully trust me and recommend my services to future patients. These relationships are created from the ground up. I greatly value the information shared between fellow professionals in our field. Your problem-solving approach is fantastic! I'm a good listener, and my coworkers and patients like that about me. As you talk openly and honestly about your personality traits with your interviewer, try to match your personality traits with the mission and values of Kaiser Permanente. "I would describe my personality as approachable, light-hearted, and positive. This helps the interviewer evaluate how quickly you could assimilate into the team and how your approach to work would fit with the team. It's professional to take a few minutes after an encounter like that and let those emotions come and go. In knowing that, I reached out to key players from our emergency department, nursing administration, and med/surgery unit to take part on our committee. This could include increasing budgets or improving patient care. People feel pretty comfortable with me and often open up about what theyre going through or share their personal lives with me. "In my current position, I was part of a team that was tasked with evaluating and improving our patient discharge procedures from our unit. I get along well with others and work well as a team.". I volunteered setting up and dismantling a children's consignment sale for 13 years prior to Covid. ", "I believe I am a great problem solver because I am sure to gather as many facts as possible in any given situation. Strong communication skills are required to be an active leader. I love the fact that Kaiser Permanente seeks to improve the health of both your members and communities that you serve and I'd love to be a part of that mission moving forward. ", "I believe I have good customer service with my patients, and coworkers because I treat them with respect, ask them how are they doing. If I'm meeting the requirements of my position, and evolving within my profession, then I am free to adjust to my patient and be the provider they need. I utilized many resources for research, both inside and outside of our organization, and these resources were crucial in our success. ", "I'm very interested in clinical research. We will see how stellar my skills are after that course! At Kaiser Permanente, the most difficult side of working in the healthcare industry entails having difficult conversations with both colleagues and patients. I would need to be trained in the new procedures. Rest assured, I would be a great ambassador of positive relationships for Kaiser Permanente. "I have experience in ordering medical supplies and maintaining inventory. As you answer, don't hesitate to talk about the things that you enjoy in your free time to show that you have the ability to mentally and physically recharge yourself after a hard day's work. Sign In. I had to submit my previous procedural logs and take a test. ", "Do my job and do it right. Learning fast is a wonderful way to serve your customers and help your new team to be a strong as possible. To help you prepare for a Kaiser Permanente job interview, here are 35 interview questions and answer examples. I understand that it's part of the job. I hope to involve them in various Kaiser community volunteering opportunities.". In asking this question, your interviewer wants you to talk openly and honestly about the types of work environments that you find hard to work in. ", "To me, it means to have a positive attitude to patients, smile and make them feel comfortable, answer any question they have, or resolve any issues they have. Talk about how your role at Kaiser Permanente can have an effect on the customers of the organization and how you go about providing excellent service to those customers. Your application includes personal information, transcripts, meaningful experiences, essays, letters of recommendation signed on official letterhead, and MCAT scores. But I don't want you to be surprised by the information. I have always been great at working behind the scenes with the result being efficiency for others. How to nail an interview with a chatbot - Fast Company You can strengthen your response by providing a specific example of how you've handled stress well in the past, or telling about a time when increased pressure actually helped you work more productively. What is important to them is that you are cognizant of your own personal shortcomings. I have trained myself to adapt my communication style, so a patient gets what they need. You've chosen a powerful example that can help make you a more memorable candidate. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente Interview 4 Rounds of interviews: 1) interview with the recruiter 2) panel interview with the team 3) leadership interview 4) case study interview I think the challenge is scheduling- this is a lot of time to go back and forth with one company. I know that working as a team is of utmost importance here and the team members having a clear understanding of how we can work together would be extremely beneficial. In a positive tone, discuss how you made the situation work! As part of the team, I lead the cause of making sure that we took all factors into account and walked through all solutions that we could imagine. I greatly value diversity. Try to do the best I can for patients and remember always to be compassionate with them and treat them like I want my family members to be treated, and go the extra mile helping them.". You can enhance this response further by also sharing what you did to build team morale and try to maintain a healthy work/life balance in the face of increased workloads and long hours. Health benefits. If you can, provide an example of a time when you implemented a stress-management technique in your current role and explain why it was effective. ", "In all honesty, the thought of a poor outcome with a patient is what stresses me the most. Talk to the interviewer about how you can maintain that appropriate balance for yourself. Permanente physicians and other providers at Kaiser Permanente are dedicated to helping to make life easier for you by keeping you on schedule with your important medical appointments. Stress can often be a regular part of the day-to-day work experience, especially in healthcare. Interviews at Kaiser Permanente Experience Positive 68% Negative 15% Neutral 17% Getting an Interview Applied online 65% Employee Referral 10% Recruiter 10% Difficulty 2.9 Average Hard Average Easy Interviews for Top Jobs at Kaiser Permanente Registered Nurse (57) Medical Assistant (49) Customer Service Representative (49) Intern (44) In looking to start this new position with Kaiser Permanente, it is essential to set a goal on how you will make a positive impact quickly after being hired. ", "I was working in a clinic where the primary population was low income. I love working as part of a team and my colleagues take well to my personality. If I promise any follow-up to my students, I do so in a timely manner. Some patients need a lot of attention; some want less, and some need boundaries. "The main thing that I will require to deliver exceptional patient service here at Kaiser Permanente is great training. It is essential to keep a healthy work/life balance to prevent burnout in any career and your interviewer at Kaiser Permanente wants to hear that you have the ability to do this. If you have an interview for a job at Kaiser Permanente then this is the video that you need to watch in full to help you prepare great answers that will hel. If I am offered a position with Kaiser Permanente, you will never find me to be disorganized! Did you consider that the patient's physical pain or feeling ill would make his temper short? Prior to your interview, try to think of some keywords that define your compassion and empathy for others in the work that you do. My documentation is strong, as well. Search Jobs - Kaiser Permanente Careers - Oracle Talk to the interviewer about your emotions and if they have ever affected your productivity at work. One of Kaiser Permanente's primary values is making the communities in which they practice a healthier place. Bringing up points of being compensated in relation to experience is important because it shows the interviewer that you understand the basic principles of compensation philosophy. In the end, I try to always treat others the way I would expect to be treated if I were in their shoes. "I dislike working in a negative, low morale environment that is plagued with office politics. While there is no right or wrong answer to this question, be sure to speak with honesty and confidence in explaining how you interact as part of a larger team. Are there specific Kaiser volunteer opportunities you'd be interested in?