Episode SummaryIn the late 1960s and early 1970s, multiple young women and girls go missing in the Vernon-Tolland area of Connecticut. His DNA was also collected. Missing From: NEVADA, MO. And, he refused to take a polygraph. Adkins, circa 2001; Tattoo on Adkins's back; Uniform similar to Adkins's. Missing Since 06/29/2001. Her fiance, John Carter, who was the last known person to see her alive, breaks down his final moments with Katelyn to detectives. None of his testimony is corroborated. This page was last edited on 29 June 2021, at 00:33. Investigators continue to investigate the possibilities that Katelin met with foul play or disappeared on her own accord. Lisa wasn't sure she would even know how to get the metro. But when p. He decided not to take a polygraph test and it was reported that he would not give police the password for his phone. 27-year-old Wilson was sentenced to life in prison for the gruesome murder of the Alaska woman that traveled with him to Hawaii despite the urging of her family. The discovery of Akens' suitcase came a day after police found the body of 21-year-old Heather Ciccone slumped over the steering wheel of a vehicle parked outside a Spotsylvania residence. Main Menu. She was due to start the new cosmetology course on the Monday, the 7th of December. I think James is guilty too. A text was reportedly sent from her phone after she was dropped off, indicating that she was at the airport to board her flight. Katelin's sister Gabi told me her mother called saying when she left the store she had bullet holes through the car window. Police spoke to people she knew but nobody knew where she was and she wasn't staying with any of her friends in the area. Akens disappeared on Dec. 5, 2015. Lisa wasn't sure she would even know how to get the metro. I believe james had killed her. Amber believes that this was uncharacteristic of Katelin, and to her, everything seemed to be fine up until the day of her disappearance. The contents of luggage gave us some leads that were following actively as we speak, he says, adding that it didnt show any signs of being tampered with. James called in to let them know that he wouldnt be arriving, but the reason he gave them has never been publicly disclosed. Katelins phone never pinged far from James house. [2], 9:00am - Mom dropped Akens off at former stepfather's residence in Partlow, Around 9:00am, Sullivan dropped Akens off at Brantons house on Oak Crest Drive in Partlow, Virginia. James told police he had dropped Katelin off at the Springfield mall. Nineteen year old Katelin Akenswas inSpotsylvania County,Virginia, United States. Police believed that she never left theFredericksburg area. Then we started playing a card game and everything went back to normal. Katelin Akens - Disappeared Within days of Akens missing her flight, road crews reportedly came upon her luggage in a ditch several miles from Brantons residence. Nearly 3 years later, Katelins case remains unsolved. 16 talking about this. At that point, Lisas ex-husband, James Branton, agreed to drop Katelin off at the airport about 80 miles away. Stepfather of missing Spotsylvania teen says he dropped her off - WJLA And I stayed the night so then today it was super awkward between us all. I'm not coming back today. 7:15pm- Lisa gets texts from Katelins phone saying shes staying with a friend and needs sometime alone. In 20 15, 19 year old Akins had graduated high school and was getting ready to start a new life. View the profiles of professionals named "Katelyn Adkins" on LinkedIn. Lisa next heard from James at 1.52pm that day. Image Credit: Help find Katelin Akens/Facebook. When Katelin Akens was last seen, she was being dropped off by her stepfather at a Metro station, where she was supposed to travel to the airport to catch a flight to Arizona. Pearce tells PEOPLE that the discovery of the luggage doesnt necessarily indicate foul play in the teens disappearance. Katelin Akens was supposed to board a flight to get back home, but she never even made it to the airport. Like together. I feel bad for her mom. unusual and worrying text message from Akens phone: Im staying with a friend and I need some time alone, the messages read, according to the report. This time, the texts were worrying; they said that she was staying with a friend and needed some alone time. She was supposed to have a bright future. Tennessee's Junior Miss, Chelsea Michelle Milligan from Gallatin, Tn. There is no surveillance footage that shows Katelin at the mall, airport, or at the Springfield Metro Station. piyudalismo at manoryalismo. What happened to this missing woman, and are authorities close to finding her? I think police should subpoena James phone or something in regards to him. With your subscription you'll get a Private Lesson (Masterclass), At Home Drills to work on, rolling breakdowns and more. I think he has more than the answers to Katelins disappearance, in essence. All images are used with permission or licensed. By clicking Accept All Cookies, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts. Branton claimed Akens wanted to kill some time before checking into her flight. I know they searched James car, but was it looked at for blood? katelyn akins disappearance. Marc Hoover: The strange disappearance of Patricia 'Patti' Adkins September 15, 2021 Ohio has an extraordinary number of unsolved homicide and missing persons cases. At the time of her disappearance she was excited about starting cosmetology school in Arizona. Mystery surrounds missing Arizona teen Kaitlin Akens SPOTSYLVANIA, Va. (ABC7) Spotsylvania Sheriff's Office investigators say surveillance cameras corroborate Katelin Akens' stepfather's account of events surrounding the disappearance of the. Her former step-father, James Brandon was going to take her to the airport. The property has never been relisted.[10]. Theyare in our work places, our friendship groups and sometimes even our homes. VA VA - Katelin Akens, 19, Springfield, 5 Dec 2015 #2 - Websleuths Anyone with information about the case is urged to call the Spotsylvania County Sheriffs Office at 540-582-7115. So, if youre curious about an update in the case, weve got you covered. Battery dying, so wont be able to text for a bit. Lisa told police that it would have been unusual for Katelin to askto be dropped off at the mall as it was not a mall shewent to and the last time Katelin was on a metro was when she was six or seven years old. "It sounds as if there may be yet another serial killer in Spotsylvania County," one local posted on Facebook Tuesday. This leads investigators to believe the suitcase was thrown. Katelin stated to this friend she felt remorseful and awful about the entire thing. [2], On Monday, December 7, 2015, Sullivan went to the Spotsylvania County Sheriff's Office to file a missing persons report. The unsolved disappearance of a Virginia teenager four years ago has left family members desperate for answers and investigators puzzled as a key witness who may be able to help refuses to cooperate, WTTG-TV reports. That was missing from the details. Girl, 8, Is Found Dead, and Mom Is Charged After Pleading for Answers on TV, N.J. Man Arrested After Manhunt for Allegedly Beating His Girlfriend's 3-Year-Old Son to Death, Tara Calico Mystery: The True Story Behind Notorious Polaroid Showing a Girl and Boy Bound in a Van, 2 Men Charged in Waitress's Mysterious Slaying: Victim Shot in Head Days After Complaining About Woman Online, Mystery After Missing Virginia College Student Is Found Dead Near North Carolina Church: 'She's Home with God', Jennifer Dulos Case: Blood Spatter Hints at 'Serious, Violent Assault' in Garage, Says Investigator, West Virginia Woman, 32, Found Dead Inside Car at Walmart Parking Lot a Day After She Was Reported Missing, 22-Year-Old Man Arrested for Alleged Murder of Newborn Baby After Human Tissue Is Found in Drainage Pipe, Police Hunt for 2 Men They Believe Killed Missing Georgia Woman, 21, in Remote Forest Campsite. I believe they did get a warrant to search his property but was unable to find anything incriminating (heard from the crimejunkies podcast on the case). (According to online, James then sent a text to Lisa about how her dropped her off at the Springfield mall and Katelin was going to take a metro to the airport. Investigators are still trying to determine if she made it to the metro or to the airport. Katelin flew into Virginia to visit her family in Spotsylvania County, Virginia, for the birth of her nephew. This was the late texts that ever came from Katelins phone. Katelin was with a friend and her boyfriend. Missing Date: Fri, Feb 24 2023. Also did they ever use thermal cameras over surrounding wooded areas or watery areas. The state of Virginia is no stranger to serial killer activity, in general, with such notorious names as the Briley Brothers, Timothy Wilson Spencer, and the elusive Colonial Parkway Killer on the list. aacc workforce development institute 2022. new eczema treatment 2022 australia . Yes, sorry I forgot that information! Detective Rob Marshall said, There was one wheel missing, and scuff marks on the luggage which was a clear indication that it had tumbled., The suitcase contained her wallet, cash, debit cards, and her plane ticket home, but was missing her clothes, her cellphone, and her high school diploma, which she needed to provide to the cosmetology school. Investigators have been corresponding with Akens' stepfather and will continue to speak with him to "tighten up the timeline," Capt. They were talking about it, sitting on the couch.. At this point, she is not a person of interest., But there are plenty of clues. Bobby Dishell on LinkedIn: #uli #realestate #realestatedevelopment # Captain Jeff Pearce of the Spotsylvania County Sheriffs Office tells PEOPLE theres no connection between the two cases, emphasizing, Its just an unfortunate coincidence. But the dual mysteries have left the community shaken, particularly after Akens luggage was found in a drainage ditch near Fredericksburg on Monday. If you picked up Katelyn or have information about her disappearance, call the dispatch center at 715-799-3881. The RCMP said they investigated Noble's disappearance for 11 years, with the. At about 2 PM the same day, Lisa then received a text from her daughters phone that said, Imat the airport. Both Amber and Lisa called Katelin multiple times and told her they were worried about her via text messages but she didn't answer the calls or the text messages. Police are. This was after Lisa received the 2:00 PM text from her daughter, and Lisa had believed for some time that Katelin had already arrived to the airport. Investigators say they havent talked with Branton in years. [1] Akens former stepfather allegedly drove Akens to Reagan Washington National Airport to catch a flight back to her home in Lake Havasu City, Arizona, but Akens never checked in. The 19-year-old moved to Lake Havasu City, Arizona, just days after her 18th birthday in 2014, to live with her fiance. [5] Despite the long distance, Akens reportedly kept in constant contact with her family, calling her sister and mother every day, sometimes multiple times a day. olice were able to establish early on that the two cases were not connected. Statin Use, Heart Radiation Dose, and Survival in Locally Advanced Lung [12] However, Branton's father had died the previous year and ownership of the property was likely in probate. The first big break in the case came on Monday when authorities discovered Akens' luggage discarded in a drainage ditch in Spotsylvania County near the Fredericksburg city limit. WUSA 9 News reports that evidence has been obtained from luggage belonging to the woman, which was found abandoned in a drainage ditch. 32 found for Katelyn Adkins in 37 cities. On December 5, 2015, Katelin Akens was supposed to board a flight from Reagan National Airport in Virginia to Arizona. However, phone pings showed Katelin or her luggage never left Spotsylvania. [2][4], Brantons cell phone pinged a cell tower near Branton's residence in Partlow. On Thursday, December 3, 2015, Akens met up with friends from high school to drink and play cards. Akens' fianc, Amber Rios, received a text message from Akens' cell phone: Something came up. Im assuming that the police probably suspect all of that as well. Spotsylvania County: Katelin Michelle Akens Missing, Heather Ciccone Dead She wasn't at the airport or the mall at that time. But she never even made it to her flight. piyudalismo at manoryalismo Patricia Adkins disappeared on July 29, 2001. Lisa believed that this behavior was unlike her daughter, and one thing that stood out as unusual was the fact that she had texted her twice in a row. Seems they were both hiding something. Powered by Shopify. She died as a result of a gunshot wound to he head. On Sunday, 21-year-old Heather Ciccone was found dead in a car parked in a strangers driveway. I mean only respect to Katelins loved ones. More speculation surrounding the disappearance of Katelin Akens surrounds the murder of Spotsylvania woman Heather Ciccone, who was found shot dead in her own car on Monday morning. If she is out there, is she going to be the same Katelin we know? . About two days later, Katelins suitcase with her money, credit cards, and the plane ticket was found in a drainage ditch in Spotsylvania County. Im not coming back today, Ill let you know when I get a new flight. In a separate text, she immediately texts, I wont be able to text for a bit. (Unsure if they ever disclosed where her phone pinged at this time. He advised he would have to drop her off early though as he had to be in work at 3pm that day. I really hope they find something to get this guy. katelyn akins disappearance. [2][4], Akens was scheduled to fly home to Arizona on a 5:40PM flight out of Reagan National Airport in Arlington, VA. However, Branton's cell phone pinged a tower near Branton's residence in Partlow. I'll let you know when I get a new flight. Missing From Marysville, Ohio. [2][4][6][7], The last day Akens was seen alive, Akens' mother was confirmed to be at work from 10:00am-6:00pm and Akens' fianc, Amber Rios, was confirmed to be in Arizona. Also I think she felt she couldnt come back, which is why she told Amber that. I also think she was just venting to the friend about how he stated she doesnt want to be in Virginia or Arizona. My theory: I believe James had murdered Katelin. The unsolved disappearance of a Virginia teenager four years ago has left family members desperate for answers and investigators puzzled as a key witness who may be able to help refuses to cooperate, WTTG-TV reports. They need answers and will continue to search for her. It was him and he got away with it. Information recovered from her social media accounts and her cellphone records shows that [that may be case]., He adds: But until we can locate her, this is a missing persons case. Lisa and Gabi believe that they would have noticed if Katelin had been acting differently than usual, and that if she had a problem, their bond was strong enough that she wouldnt have hesitated to confide with them. Despite the similarities in the cases,namely thatthey were a similar age and in the same area, police were able to establish early on that the two cases were not connected. In March 2021, a foundation for missing people placed a billboard regarding Katelins case on the route James took to work. After Lisa and James separated,it took a while for things to settle between them allbut they did and everything seemed fine. The Honda automotive plant in Marysville, Ohio was preparing for . }, Plus his timeline of events, which also does not match up with the cell phone tower information that the police received.". Thank you for pointing that out! Katelin never arrived to the airport that day. One of the most intriguing ones I have followed for years is the story of Patti Adkins. Lewis's body was discovered on. Police say missing teen made it to mall - Fredericksburg.com Forget it, don't answer that - because you get all of these guys and more, for just $9.99 a month! 6 Comments, "People don't just disappear. But rumors abound: Ciccones mother, Stacy, told Dateline that her daughter was being stalked by another girl. Also near James house. Records show two other people linked to the same address: Belinda Sue Adkins and Kim Siegfried Adkins. West Virginia State Police have identified the body as 26-year-old Kayla Adkins. His house and vehicle were searched. Dec. No one has been charged in connection with Katelin Akens' disappearance, and the investigation is ongoing. Katelin would take the Metro Station to Reagan Airport, which was two stops away. Her bodywas found slumped over the steering wheel of a vehicle parked outside a Spotsylvania residence. Active Missing Persons - Missouri katelyn akins disappearance. Katelyn is currently living at 68 Carlisle Aven, Springfield, OH 45504-3501. Her family says they wouldve noticed if something was wrong. Katelin Michelle Akens, 19, was last seen on Saturday after her stepfather dropped her off near a commuter rail station on her way to the airport. Lisa then left the house to go to work. Sex Female. This young lady, Katelin Akens is a cousin of mine. Why would he want to harm Katelin in any way? [5][7], 5:40pm - Akens' flight departed Reagan National Airport. [2][6][9] Among Branton's personal property confiscated were Branton's vehicles, guns, computers, and an encrypted cell phone. https://disappearedblog.com/katelin-akens/, Edit 2: On December 7, 2015, two days after Katelins disappearance, ABC 7 reported that Spotsylvania Sheriff's Office investigators say surveillance cameras corroborate Katelin Akens' stepfather's account of events surrounding the disappearance of the teen.. Methods and materials: Retrospective analysis of 748 LA-NSCLC patients . Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one. He said that he dropped her outside the JCPenney. You'll also get a sneak peek at our upcoming Product Launch and Daily Deal schedules plus access to Daily Deals on BJJ . Katelin's phone was missing so police looked at the location records anddiscovered that when she sent Lisa the text message saying that she was at the airport, her phone pinged at a location more than 30 miles from that Springfield Metro stop. But Akens never. She states James was excited to see them, Katelin told him about her cosmetology school/diploma. If by some slim chance he isnt guilty, he is at least lying. Her clothes, phone and High School Diploma were missing. Lisa and James were married when Katelin was young.