I'm just being a mess about it I guess. Below, this window is highlighted with color in the following chart. All of them left him or abandoned him. Jim Keller or James Gosling, take jabs at free market capitalism but he never continues on those threads. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be. Charitable, thoughtful, sometimes goofy criticisms and discussions pertaining to the "forbidden" ideas and concepts explored by the "IDW" and the like. I have lost hope in Lex having on guests that truly challenge his view point. All notes are independently created and do not imply any sponsorship or endorsement by the source podcast. I know his research has been criticized, but that doesn't take away from the podcast for me. Theres a lot of emotion and emotion quickly, solidified into an opinion that almost had nothing to do with, like thinking through and updating your knowledge and so on. He emits massive poser vibes in my opinion. They may very well have some conservative beliefs, but their main job is attracting viewers. #362 - Ginni Rometty: IBM CEO on Leadership, Power, and Adversity Maybe there's some insight that I'm missing about why he won't have any leftists on, but it would be nice to see. Stephen Kotkin was one of my favorite episodes. buy their books and you'll learn what's in their minds. People will accuse you of everything under the sun, including pedophilia. I can barely listen to his podcast with his terrible, rambling questions. During his podcast with Coffeezilla, he made some interesting remarks of another peron, using their face in a thumbnail without their expressed permission while make 'false' claims of their character: IS this you @DrugsBunny, @Scholar? Quote Tweets. I was gonna say, it sounded like a joke. @zurew Probably the most important characteristic of money is that it should be backed. The podcast has featured musician Kanye West,[25][26] chess grandmaster Magnus Carlsen,[27][28] and businessmen Ray Dalio,[29] Jack Dorsey,[30] Elon Musk,[31][32][33] and Mark Zuckerberg. Allison Ivers sur LinkedIn : This past weekend, I attended two days of He worked there for a year. You are Leo. If making the podcast too politicized is a concern, it wouldn't have to center around the most volatile political narratives at the moment, or just left/right. YouTube Streamy Awards Achievement. I would like more of it, mostly because i'm personally not at all well versed in politics or economics, and having more input on it would be good. Never listened to him but its frustrating somebody with influence think Bret was censored for science . TechLead wanted to create clickbait title to use some of the fame of Lex, so he has to bear the consequences of making clickbait titles and making ridiculous claims. How does he reconcile his meditation guru persona with his 'slighly' more agitated . He's willing to call this TechLead person a grifter, well, I get to call Destiny a Neo Nazi sympathizer. Lex Fridman. the basics or the canon of the field). MIT. West alleged that abortion was to blame for half the deaths in the Black community. I'm Jewish, parts of my family perished in the Holocaust of Nazi Germany," Fridman said at one point in the interview. Please post what your thoughts and feelings about the short comings of Lex Fridman. I also disagree with his messaging surrounding COVID and vaccines. I'm sure he's a smart guy, but in the interviews he appears dumb af. Mark Zuckerberg, [14] He currently serves as a research scientist at MIT. Started by Read #362 - Ginni Rometty: IBM CEO on Leadership, Power, and Adversity by with a free trial. There are quite a few posts about him on the TFATK subreddit and holy hell I can't stand Lex. However, he is an American citizen now. Press J to jump to the feed. That's a f**king lie. Politics, COVID & Workouts | Lex Fridman on The Joe Rogan Experience Answer (1 of 14): Joe Rogan does not affiliate himself with a political party. I listened to the most recent AMA (Jan 2021) and there Lex said that he wanted to have guests that he disagreed with and challenged him. Poster for my new documentary movie "Auschwitz: the common journey" Yoseph Haddad Emily Schrader Daniel Bock Liv Boeree, Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Individuals have an especially big impact on the world right now, However, there is some level of conformity amongst this small group of people, which suggests that there may be some bigger force that is at play that is driving them, Real leadership is when someone actually changes the cultural wave, The virtual reality revolution has the ability to change everything if it materializes, The good is getting better each century. His research on Tesla safety is really dubious, he refused to get it peer reviewed. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, Noam Chomsky on the Harper's Letter and Cancel Culture, Chomsky discussed cancel culture with Brian Keating, Thomas Sowell on Intellectuals and Society. The Grown Ups actor and comedian Kevin James commented his support for Joe Rogan on the podcaster's apology posted to Instagram. Scientists, doctors, and a few others gave their take on vaccination. Most conspiracy theories crumble when sufficiently stress-tested by higher minds, A conspiracy that would not hold up to scrutiny sticks around when a community emerges around it that does not allow anyone to challenge it, Tim Urban believes it is healthy to exist somewhere in the middle of the gullible and skeptical spectrum, Having a bias toward something will pull you toward the gullible side of the spectrum, They jump back and forth between refusing to believe anything and believing everything, In an echo chamber, the coolest thing a person can do is talk about the greatness of their sacred ideas and the evils of the other teams ideas, Changing your mind is not cool in an echo chamber; it makes you appear to lack conviction, In a truth lab, arguing is considered a fun thing, and no one gets offended when their ideas are challenged, Individuals rigorously collaborating and challenging each other results in discoveries like relativity and quantum mechanics that no individual on their own could discover, It consists of a group paying fealty to a set of sacred beliefs that cannot be challenged, It neglects humanitys ability to collaborate and achieve superintelligence, Being an ideologue jerk on Twitter is one way to get a lot of followers, Primitive minds flock to ideologues on Twitter even if the person is being a jerk, High-rung disagreement is good and low-rung disagreement is bad, Politics pulls our psyches down the ladder, Politics was life or death for the 10,000 years we were evolving through human history, The default-mode network of the brain lights up when political beliefs are challenged, Our primitive mind comes pre-programmed to care a lot about politics, Right now, tribalism has coalesced around politics more than anything else in our society. 500. Lex Fridman backs Joe Rogan amidst the controversy Top 10% on SSRN by all times downloads amongst more than 380,000 authors in Social Sciences worldwide. Yes, i think having more talks about politics and economics would be a good direction to veer into from time to time, even if it shouldn't be the most common topic for the podcast. No thanks. he got inducted into a political cult, and . Of course some talks about economics are unavoidable especially with discussions about cryptocurrencies and society in general, but i really wish that Lex would keep it to minimum, especially that i see that he's not the most accustomed with the field of economics. I politely disagree, transforming the podcast into political shitshow will equal to its decline. Lex Fridman's podcast on the Botez sisters - Chess Forums He did his Bachelor of Science, Master of Science, and Ph.D. in Computer Science from Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Conservatives are, by nature, gullible idiots . His videos are based on research topics in artificial intelligence, deep learning, and autonomous vehicles. This pretty much nails what Ive observed. I am forever grateful for the wisdom and love I've encountered in the meandering journey of doing these conversations. Sep 9, 2022. #351 - MrBeast: Future of YouTube, Twitter, TikTok, and Instagram I think that's really just a normal challenge for a format like this. The more you outsource problem solving and the power requisite to do so to a group with incentive to appear to help you but . (pronounced: Freedman) It also had the biggest wars in history, the biggest genocide in history, the biggest existential threat yet with nuclear weapons, the biggest economic crash in history, etc. I'm not actually convinced he isn't a synth, but if he is it's obviously first gen. Crypto grifter with grifter friends like the Weinsteins? lex fridman political views - 1atlanticfunding.com 821K followers. The wokeness movement has hijacked institutions all across the country, The rise of the wokeness movement reveals that the U.S. is vulnerable to a forcefully expansionist movement that wants to destroy the workings of the country the liberal gears and levers and tear them apart, Threats to the inner workings of the liberal democracy affect everything else that is built on top of it, from nuclear energy to artificial intelligence, The soft cudgel can have the same effect as the hard cudgel if it is able to scare people into shutting up, get them fired, or socially ostracize them, The soft cudgel relies on fear and is a house-of-cards, As soon as the fear goes away, the soft cudgel loses its power and the whole thing falls apart, Stop saying stuff that you do not believe if you want to be courageous, Most people will not lose their jobs for speaking their minds, Speak your mind when you are in small groups; the sky will not fall, and people will respect you for it, Society becomes more stupid when the artificially generated speech region grows and the active communal thinking region shrinks, Active communal thinking is the region where we can actually think together and come up with ideas, If no one can think together, the discussion of ideas gets siloed into small private conversations, which limits progress, There is a clear difference between cancel culture and criticism culture, Criticism culture is a high-rung idea lab that attacks the idea and encourages further discussion, Cancel culture makes everyone scared to talk and it shuts down discussion, Regardless of the topic of debate, any proponent of liberal democracy should be against cancel culture, according to Tim, There is a tradeoff between knowledge and conviction, Universities are pinning people at the top of Childs Hill in the graphic, Important disagreements are no longer happening on college campuses today, This behavior nails peoples feet to Childs Hill, This behavior is fixed by awareness and courage, according to Tim Urban, Having external pressure to complete the work can help reduce procrastination, Death is the human physical machine failing, There is no law of nature that says the machine must fail, He thinks that people will look back on death, as it happens today, as barbaric, He believes this is achievable within the next 250 years, The future is going to be weird and different; progress over the next several decades will not look like progress over the previous decades, because it never does. And they did come and bully me and proved the point.". Im waiting patiently for more scientists and have actually only watched 1-2 episodes since Tim Dillon. If you enjoy it, consider rating it 5 stars. I don't care about views, or clickbait, or any of that bulls**t," Fridman said. I hope YouTube kicks him out the same way Twitter and Twitch kicked him out for spouting fucking nonsense! "I don't f**king trust you," West said with a raised voice. Various political pundits speculated that West's presidential run was a publicity stunt to . #1. Topics that need more articulate and serious guest attention: the recent events surrounding American fascism, wealth inequality/billionaires, automation and basic income, and industry and environmental/labour regulation. His zodiac sign is Leo. What might his opinion of "cancel culture" be, given that he's been banished from the mainstream media for decades? Joaquin Vespignani on LinkedIn: Top 10% on SSRN by all times downloads Maybe contemporary was a better word. ): Atharv is an eSports writer at EssentiallySports. Grimes, He did buddy up to Nick Fuentes despite clearly knowing his political and belief system of exterminating the Jews when he has enough power. But who knows these days. That being said he is known to be a fraud in the AI research sphere (search his name here: https://blog.piekniewski.info/2019/05/30/ai-circus-mid-2019-update/), refuses to do peer-review (shares that with the Weinsteins), and misleads people about his credentials (often pushes the idea he is a MIT researcher, when he is actually just a lecturer, his PhD comes from a lower-ranked school). The above chart shows the likes-ratio/views for the episodes around March 18, 2019. Lex Fridman Career Lex is currently working as a research scientist at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), working on human-centered artificial intelligence and autonomous vehicles. In this video I tend tothink and feel it's more likely he's trolling rather than being serious. Last month, Destiny featured on the Lex Fridman podcast to talk about multiple things. His guests are always interesting, and he doesnt harp on about cultures stuff. I think Nazis should be allowed to think and say Nazi shit, but I wouldnt invite them over for a casual chat. Would World War II have happened if Hitler never existed? Later on during their discussion, West told Fridman he doesn't want to keep repeating himself in regards to their discussion on Jewish people. The Best of Live Audio @BestLiveAudio . Oua o #362 - Ginni Rometty: IBM CEO on Leadership, Power, and Adversity de Lex Fridman Podcast instantaneamente no seu tablet, telefone ou navegador - sem fazer qualquer download. Joe Rogan's Close Acquaintance Pitches a Solution to Vladimir Putin That's not unsurprising either. This is silly because you don't know me but it hurt when you say you don't trust me. [9], In 1994, at the age of 11, Fridman moved to the U.S. with his family. The episodes with guests from the political-economical circle (Enjeti and especially Krugman) have been my least favourite so far, so inviting more similar guess will IMO deteriorate the quality of the show. Fantastic,, thanks for the confirmation,have a nice day! [21] Its original title was the Artificial Intelligence Podcast, which was later changed to the Lex Fridman Podcast to reflect the wider range of topics it would address. All countries announced lockdowns, allowing no human beings to step out of their houses. I don't understand why Lex always dresses like Agent Smith. This button displays the currently selected search type. Lex Fridman, Bjorn Lomborg and Me - by Andy @Revkin The latter has also featured on one of the episodes of Fridman's podcast. Lex Fridman's podcast on the Botez sisters. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. It's an interesting collection of people, running from conservatives to . Teaching: deeplearning.mit.edu He pretends to be a lot more affiliated with MIT than he actually is iirc. Using someone's face in a critic video is fair use. I think that a Lex Fridman character can replace that figure and leave us with a generation that cares more about the cool shinny headline instead of caring more about the process. An impressive book based on The Lord of the Rings. Daniel Gitman on LinkedIn: Poster for my new documentary movie On some podcast players you should be able to click the timestamp to jump to that time. Views. Tomislav Damnjanovic on LinkedIn: #politics #politicalcampaigns # His zodiac sign is Leo. Lex Fridman is a Russian-American podcaster and artificial intelligence researcher notable for his interviews with prominent figures like Elon Musk, Kanye West, Jordan Peterson and Joe Rogan. Apparently, Destiny went on to criticize Joe Rogan fans, calling out names over the Covid-19 controversy. I disagree, it's not what the show is about and I don't think it would be that interesting since Lex would be outside his area of expertise it would be more of an interview and less of a conversation. "Don't tell me what I should do. Roger Penrose, - playing guitar & piano 5 celebs supporting Joe Rogan, the white anti-vaxxer, and his - dailyO Graphics from the book that shows the development of the ideologies: The components of social justice fundamentalism (SJF) are antithetical to the values of liberal social justice. Perfect summary of his podcast: https://old.reddit.com/r/thefighterandthekid/comments/oukboo/hahahhahahahah/. This button displays the currently selected search type. Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc. Society, Politics, Government, Environment, Current Events. The topic of vaccination gained massive traction as it was something nobody ever experienced. Great, I just needed confirmation that it wasn't you, just found it interesting both your writing styles match up. Bret just sees this Ivershitin thing as a chance to shine a light on himself. Articles Cited by Public access Co-authors. P.S. For fun, and to say thank you for 10 years of JRE, here's my quick attempt at playing the JRE theme on guitar. Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc. such as Call of Duty, Apex Legends and Fortnite. [37] He has competed in several grappling competitions, most notably in a match against Garry Tonon in 2013. We are also joined by journalists, artists, philanthropists, researchers, and public intellectuals, including Lex Fridman, Andrew Sullivan, Rob Henderson, Caitlin Flanagan, David Mamet, Ayaan Hirsi Ali, Sohrab Ahmari, Stacy Hock, Jonathan Rauch, and Nadine Strossen. But if he choses to make a strictly political episode then I would prefer someone like Curtis Yarvin or Chomsky, no centrists. Rick Rubin, I gotta tell you, I have to be honest. You just made up a made up your mind, Lex gave his explanation on the matter. After the hate group Goyim Defense League posted banners reading "Kanye is right about the Jews" over Interstate 405 in Los Angeles, Kardashian condemned her ex-husband's remarks on Twitter, writing: "Hate speech is never OK or excusable. Just take a look at techlead's titles and thumbnail's. If you go on YouTube and you search for "chomsky cancel culture" the first result is Noam Chomsky on the Harper's Letter and Cancel Culture. Tim Urban: Tribalism, Marxism, Liberalism, Social Justice, and Politics Lex Fridman The latest Tweets from Mihai Badea (@MihaiBadea777). [38], Last edited on 28 February 2023, at 09:04, "MIT Advanced Vehicle Technology Study: Large-Scale Naturalistic Driving Study of Driver Behavior and Interaction With Automation", "Driver Gaze Region Estimation without Use of Eye Movement", "Learning Human Identity From Motion Patterns", "Active Authentication on Mobile Devices via Stylometry, Application Usage, Web Browsing, and GPS Location", "Lex Fridman's YouTube Stats (Summary Profile) - Social Blade Stats", "Who is Lex Fridman? I find his framing of this situation manipulative. Verified email at mit.edu - Homepage. He is a research scientist at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, [2] and he hosts the Lex Fridman Podcast, a podcast and YouTube series. This is more a post to ask why, rather than suggest a guest, I will put my suggestions in the sticky thread. considered) libertarians. Is Lex Fridman gay? His sexuality explored - StylesRant All in all he reminds me a little of Dave Rubin in a sense that there's nothing really there of any substance to critique so you couldn't really do an episode on him imo. In 2006, he opened his YouTube channel. You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson. Can I use your face then, for an upcoming video? However, based on his podcasts you can see that he holds liberal, and sometimes libertarian, views, a bizarre combination considering that leftist "liberals" are no longer supporters of liberty, but libertarians are. That's f**ked up though, but maybe it's not. He is ex google, ex facebook, and ex husband. However, due to the multiple guests explaining their thoughts, fans developed mixed emotions. He even had that episode with Noam Chomsky the literal father of modern socialism and he didn't talk about it. At best the challenging guests will be Alex Jones or Curtis Yarvin and I feel like those are less far afield than many other options actually bc they are (I think? James said, "Joe - we go back way back and . Why are men who are friends mean to each one another? I dont want to share his message on my platform, but I believe he should be able to speak without government/whatever intervention. This isnt that hard. ", West also suggested that a Jewish conspiracy was to blame for his being diagnosed with mental illness, suggesting his "Jewish trainer" brought him to a hospital and a "Jewish doctor" diagnosed him with bipolar disorder and then "put it in the press.". Critics of Lex Fridman - Society, Politics, Government, Environment LinkedIn, Lex Fridman (/'lks 'fridmn/; FREED-man, Russian: code: rus promoted to code: ru ) is a Russian-American computer scientist, podcaster, and an artificial intelligence researcher. Eh I disagree it's not too often that he's has political people on and I really enjoyed the episode with saagar, the episode the chomsky was good too. The utopia jumps are happening on a more compressed timeline, We could experience a new utopia version of the world within our lifetime, Part of what makes it a utopia is that you do not have to be scared that the worst bad guy will do the worst damage because certain protections exist, We would be in the Stone Age right now if creating a nuclear bomb was as simple as microwaving sand because the 0.00001% of people that want to end it all could end it all, It takes a tiny number of people with enough power to do bad, Dystopias are real and they happen; we should not get cocky, The Romans never expected to find themselves in the dystopia they created, America may have peaked in the 1990s, according to Tim Urban, There could be another uptrend coming, but it is impossible to know, He does not feel especially confident in his own opinion of where America is at on its empire trajectory, We have god-like powers of technology that other civilizations at their peaks did not have, The greatest things about America are from the wisdom of previous Americans, A culture that fosters open, vigorous discussion can see into the future better than cultures that stifle discussion, The means to achieve the utopia is what people disagree on, Tim does not propose a way to get to the next utopia; he is more interested in giving ourselves the best chance of figuring out how to get there, Ideologues are too confident that they know the way to get to the next utopia, Tim created The Ladder framework to explain the two minds that exist within each of us, The primitive mind and higher mind are in a constant tug of war, which is represented by the spectrum on the left side of the graphic, The orange guy is the primitive mind that contains the software that was in a 50,000 BC persons head that was specifically optimized to help that person survive and pass their genes on in that world, The orange guy with the primitive mind is still running the show in our mind, The other character in the graphic is the higher mind, The higher mind helps override the instincts of the primitive mind, The primitive mind is low-rung thinking, The primitive mind wants to feel conviction in its sacred beliefs and agree with the people around it, The primitive mind identifies with its beliefs, It feels like any threat to its sacred beliefs is a threat to it personally, It has the desire to keep believing what it believes, which is fueled by confirmation bias, It has the desire to fit in with the beliefs of the people around it, Those beliefs are the boss of the person that is driven by the primitive mind, The higher mind can search for truth instead of resorting to dogmatism, The primitive mind is in control when a person reacts poorly to someone challenging their ideas, The higher mind likes it when someone challenges their ideas because it may help it get closer to the truth, Once in a while, conspiracy theories are true, Humans are pretty good at conspiring in secret.