), possibly named in honour of Mary's sister, Queen, This page was last edited on 19 February 2023, at 16:10. 109 , quoted in Friedmann, The Life and Death of Anne Boleyn, Eric Ives. Follow the highlighted names from Catherine Careys daughter, Lettice Knollys and see where it leads, Catherine (Carey) Knollys, later Lady Knollys (b. Secondly, this little page originates in my interest of the fact that the Boleyns not only remained on the post-Henry VIII social/cultural/political radar, but THRIVED even after the downfall of their famous aunt Queen Anne Boleyn & other relatives. The fourth son of Anne Knollys, Lady De La Warr was the Hon. Mary was probably born at Blickling Hall, the family seat in Norfolk, and grew up at Hever Castle, Kent. Mary is a character in several films and television series: Mary is also a subject in three non-fiction books: On this Wikipedia the language links are at the top of the page across from the article title. Georgina has lived in 3 continents, visited 30+ countries and strives to share her travel steps, passion, and experienced tips to inspire her readers to explore for themselves. Mary Boleyn, 'the infamous other Boleyn girl', began her court career as the mistress of the king of France. Where is Anne Boleyn jewelry? They are related via Margaret Tudor's line. Therefore, Elizabeth was the only child of King Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn. There is no evidence of Mary's exact date of birth, but it occurred sometime between 1499 . The earliest recorded history of the Boleyn family in England begins in the thirteenth century and surrounds humble beginnings. Recommended read: Anne Boleyn The most magnetic and enduring of Tudor Queens. He died 12 March 1538/9, aged 61, at Hever, Kent and was buried there. However, since I have quite a number of people who have written in to say they are descendants of Mary Boleyn. Mary (Boleyn) Stafford (abt.1499-1543) | WikiTree FREE Family Tree Significantly, this royal grant included the borough of Buckingham which was granted to William Carey in tail male. It is impossible not to be struck by the coincidence of this entailment to a male heir, just twelve days before the date of record on which William Careys wife gave birth to a male child said to be the kings son.17. In fact, Anne Boleyn herself, signed off as Anna de Boullan in a letter she wrote to her father in 1513 when she lived in Austria. Is the current Queen a descendant of Mary Boleyn? William Stafford (later Sir William Stafford), "The Other Boleyn Girl: Hollyoaks in fancy dress", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Mary_Boleyn&oldid=1140329523, Wikipedia indefinitely move-protected pages, Short description is different from Wikidata, Articles with unsourced statements from March 2017, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, Anne Stafford (b. The 73-year-old former Prince of Wales is the queen and Prince Philip 's eldest son. Mary (Boleyn) Carey probably first met King Francis I of France at the Field of Cloth of Gold in June 1520 where, as the newly married Mistress Carey, she attended Queen Katherine. Most important of all: Henry VIIIs legitimacy as King and Defender of the Faith would have been at least seriously compromised, very possibly destroyed. Signature of Mary . Prince Philip of Greece and Denmark, Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh (Jun 1921 Apr 2021), Prince Charles (Windsor) Mountbatten-Windsor KG; Anne (Windsor) Laurence; Prince Andrew (Windsor) Mountbatten-Windsor; Prince Edward (Windsor) Mountbatten-Windsor. William Henry Cavendish-Bentinck, 3rd Duke of Portland, William Henry Cavendish-Bentinck, Duke of Portland; Lord William Cavendish Bentinck; Charlotte Cavendish Bentinck; Mary Bentinck; William Charles Augustus Bentinck; Frederick Cavendish Bentinck. Includes citations for all sources. How wonderful of your Nan to do so and isnt it incredible to trace back your heritage to so many centuries ago? There is no evidence of Mary's exact date of birth, but it occurred sometime between 1499 and 1508. However, I was much inspired by the recent television documentary on the Boleyns and to cement my curiosities as to how the present royal family are the direct descendants of the Boleyn, I narrowed my research to this particular part of British history. I was wondering if you have any information on the wider Boleyn family tree? Even without the extraordinary and unique circumstances rendering the Careys acknowledgment most unlikely (if not impossible), under normal circumstances Henry VIII would have been unlikely to acknowledge illegitimate children born to a married woman.71. There is evidence that the king was embarrassed by the peculiarly disgraceful immorality of the situation.28 Even had there not been abundant and powerful over-arching reasons for silence on this issue, the kings hyper-sensitivity to criticism and ridicule alone would have steeled him in his determination not to acknowledge any of his offspring by Mary Boleyn. 6. Lettice Knollys, born 1540/1, died 25 December 1634, married 1560-65 to Walter Devereux, 1st Earl of Essex. He had one child, John Boleyn, born around 1300. Notes by The Rev. 1499/1500-July 19, 1543) was a courtier and noblewoman at the court of Henry VIII of England. William Cavendish, 4th Duke of Devonshire. Henry Carey, 1st Baron Hunsdon (1526-1596) m. Anne Morgan. Anne (Hoo) Boleyn [(1425 Jun 6, 1485) Norfolk, England. Evidence of the non-sexual marriage of William and Mary (Boleyn) Carey. ); John Seymour, 4th Duke of Somerset (b. William Charles Augustus Bentinck, Lord Cavendish Lieutenant Colonel ; Husband of: Georgiana Augusta Frederica (Seymour) Cavendish-Bentinck, Georgiana Augusta Frederica Henrietta Cavendish-Bentinck, Husband of: Anne (Wellesley) Cavendish-Bentinck, Anne Hyacinthe Cavendish-Bentinck; Charles William Frederick Cavendish-Bentinck; Arthur Cavendish-Bentinck; Emily (Cavendish-Bentinck) Hopwood, Charles William Frederick Cavendish-Bentinck aka Rev. Yesterday, I was also asked whether the Tudor bloodline continues and it does. Mary's mother, Elizabeth Boleyn, died in 1538 and her father died in 1539. English Aristocracy. Mary is featured in the following novels: Mary has been the central character in three novels based on her life: Philippa Gregory later nominated Mary as her personal heroine in an interview with BBCHistory magazine. Frances Brandon (1517-1559) 3. This partial reconciliation was the closest the two sisters attained; it is not thought that they met after Mary's exile from the king's court. He was far too possessive to have allowed this. He was Mary and Anns brother, and he was also executed. Elizabeth Howard Boleyn (1480-1538) - Find a Grave Memorial I look forward to learning more, one day, perhaps by mapping the Henry Carey side of the family. Did Mary Boleyn have a child with Henry? Stephanie. Place and Country of origin: Norfolk, England. Catherine Carey, Mary (Boleyn) Carey's daughter, was born in about 1524, not (as has been thought) in about 1530. Mary Boleyn (1503-1543)/descendants | Familypedia | Fandom December 30 Francis Dryander, a scholar supported by Cranmer and the Duchess of Suffolk, December 29 George Clifford, 3rd Earl of Cumberland, Elizabeth Is rogue, Prince William, Duke of Cambridge (1982- ) and Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex (1984- ). She was created Marchioness of Pembroke on 1 September 1532 and was married about 25 January 1532/3 at Whitehall to King Henry VIII. First Mary Boleyn who was his mistress for a couple of years and later Anne Boleyn, who got to marry him but ended being executed because she only gave him a daughter, Queen Elizabeth I. Many ancient peerages can descend through female heirs, in the absence of an immediate male heir. As you may know, people have look hundreds times for their . 1565 d. Mar 18, 1601); Mother to > Penelope (Deveraux) Blount (b.Jan 1563 d. Jul 7 1607); Dorothy (Deveraux) Percy (b. An incensed Queen Anne sent her sister from court. Annes older sibling was Mary Boleyn (mistress to Henry VIII for some time) and her younger sibling, George Boleyn (who was executed on May 17, 1536, 2 days before Anne Boleyns execution). Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. If Mary had been the eldest Boleyn sister, Henry would, indeed, have the better claim to the title, regardless of a new grant from the queen. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. Queen Elizabeth died unmarried and childless. She returned to England in 1519, where she was appointed a maid-of-honour to Catherine of Aragon, the queen consort of HenryVIII. Both girls were buried together near the castle. All these Acts of Parliament and other documents invariably refer to Francis Knollys and his wife Catherine.35, Her first child, Lettice Knollys, was born in about 1540-41 and her eldest son Henry Knollys was born about 1542.36 Catherine, Lady Knollys died 15 January 1568/9 at Hampton Court Palace and was given what can only be described as a royal: funeral by the bereaved Queen Elizabeth I. Trending; Presidents; . Was the earlier major grant in June 1524 coincident with the birth of Catherine Carey, now though to have been born in about 1524?18 Because of these very significant grants to William Carey concentrated in 1524 and 1526, it very much appears that at these times he was being particularly rewarded for his compliant role as nominal father to the kings bastards. There is no record of her visiting her parents, and no evidence of any correspondence with, or visits to, her sister Anne or her brother George when they were imprisoned in the Tower of London. In fact, at William Careys death in June 1528, Henry VIII speculated about the possibility of Mary Careys carrying another mans child.19, Marys fertility during her affair with the king in the early and mid-1520s ceased with the end of her royal affair, only to resume when she became pregnant by William Stafford in 1534; that is, during her marriage to William Carey the period of her fertility was defined by (and coincident with) her affair with the king. Born about 1499 in Blickling, Norfolk, England. There are two prayer books on display, belonging to Anne Boleyn that bears her signature. John Boleyn had one child, Thomas Boleyn, born around 1350. Thomas Boleyn was a farmer in Salle, Norfolk. Catherine Carey, born about 1524, possibly about June of that year. Royal Musings: Kate's royal descent - from Henry VIII - Blogger The Face of Mary Boleyn. Ive discovered Im a descendant of a Bullen from Norfolk who was born in the late 18th century, but I find it quite difficult to research further back than this. Certainly, Henry VIII would not have countenanced sharing the sexual favours of his mistress, even with her husband. Alicia (Boleyn) Aucher; Alice (Boleyn) Fortescue; Cecily Boleyn; Thomas Boleyn; Simon Boleyn; William Boleyn KB; Anne (Boleyn) Heydon and Isabel (Boleyn) Cheyne. 8. Following publication of Anthony Hoskinss Mary Boleyn article in London in 1997, he and his work were featured in an article in the London Daily Telegraph, and he was also interviewed on BBC. [17] By the middle of 1526, Henry was determined to marry her. "Mary Boleyn (c. 1499/1500 - 19 July 1543) was the sister of English queen consort Anne Boleyn and a member of the Boleyn family, which enjoyed considerable influence during the reign of King Henry VIII of England. As with his sisters funeral, the grandeur of his obsequies (paid for by the queen) and of his tomb were extraordinary. What Happened To Mary Daughter Of Henry Viii? - CLJ Is the current Queen Elizabeth related to Anne Boleyn? Wikimedia Commons King Henry VIII, husband of Anne Boleyn and ruler of England from 1509 to 1547. 25 (March 1997), No. Frances Walsingham, Robert Devereux, 3rd Earl of Essex (b.Jan 22 1591 d. Sept 14, 1646); Lady Frances Devereux (b. Sept 20 1599 d. Nov 23 1679), Lady Frances Devereux (b. Sept 20 1599 d. Nov 23 1679) mar. Partners; Associates; Consultants; Practice Areas. Truly remarkable and it gives me great pleasure to know that you found this article interesting. I recently found that Anne Boleyn is my 15th great grandaunt, so I suppose that would make Mary my 15th great grandmother! Sister of English queen consort Anne Boleyn (c.14991543), 17th century copy of a lost original portrait by. descendants. Hon. Mary's financial circumstances became so desperate that she was reduced to begging the king's adviser Thomas Cromwell to speak to Henry and Anne on her behalf. Richard Knollys, fifth son, born about 1548, died in 1596. Although rumors regarding Henry Careys royal paternity have long circulated, this article quotes for the first time a contemporary statement of 1535 that Henry Carey was King Henry VIIIs son.2. Along with this, is a recap of who the Boleyn family were in history. 21May 1545) Ann Morgan.56. Did Queen Anne sleep with her brother? (2023) Hi Georgina, When Henry VII died in 1509, the kingdom was passed to his younger son, crowned Henry VIII. The significance of the name Hunsdon as used by Henry Carey. Take care and thank you again. The Tudor dynasty ended with Elizabeth I in 1603 because she died childless, but Henry VIII had two sisters, Margaret and Mary, and their bloodlines continued. Also . When Henry VIII was contemplating marriage to Anne Boleyn, he acquired a dispensation to do so based on his earlier intimacy with her sister Mary Carey. Anne Knollys, born perhaps about 1553, living 30 August 1608, married 19 November 1571 to Thomas West, 2nd Lord De La Warr. It was Anne who relented, sending Mary a magnificent golden cup and some money, but still refused to reinstate her position at court. This document was sealed with the kings secret stamp. Overall, most historians now accept Mary as being the eldest child, placing her birth some time in 1499. Catherine Carey (1524-1569) 3. Daughter of Thomas Boleyn KG and Elizabeth (Howard) Boleyn. Were she the eldest, that status would probably have been mentioned. 1527-1536; Volume 2], EJ. Philadelphia Carey, married shortly before 1584 to Thomas, 10th Lord Scrope. I wrote the first article on the Boleyn Family and in that, I mentioned that there should be descendants around. I love the way you bring history to life for today. She was the eldest daughter of a rich diplomat and courtier, Thomas Boleyn, 1st Earl of Wiltshire, by his marriage to Lady Elizabeth Howard, the eldest daughter of Thomas Howard, 2nd Duke of Norfolk. Mary Boleyn's descendants are believed to have lived on through her five known children: Catherine Carey, Henry Carey, Anne Carey, Thomas Carey, and Margaret Carey. Mary was probably born at Blickling Hall, the family seat in Norfolk, and grew up at Hever Castle, Kent. 1646 d. Apr 29 1675) . Ancestors. Queen Elizabeth's Family Tree - Parade: Entertainment, Recipes, Health They reached the peak of their influence during Tudor rule when Anne Boleyn, the daughter to Thomas Boleyn and Elizabeth Howard became the second wife, Queen consort to King Henry VIII in 1533.. Then in 1536, an incomprehensible tragedy fell upon them. Dorothy Savile. Files Welcome Pack of 5 goodies, Mary Boleyns links to the Queen and Prince William and Prince Harry, Prince William and Kate Middleton to Marry in 2011, Prince William, Kate Middleton and Mary Boleyn, 4 February 1520 The Marriage of Mary Boleyn and William Carey, 19 July 1543 The death of Mary Stafford, also known as Mary Boleyn or Mary Carey, How Prince William and Prince Harry descend from Mary Boleyn. Mary Boleyn, also known as Lady Mary, (c. 1499 - 19 July 1543) was the sister of English queen consort Anne Boleyn, whose family enjoyed considerable influence during the reign of King Henry VIII.. Mary was one of the mistresses of Henry VIII for an unknown period of time. . 2013), Princess Charlotte (b. Penelope West (the wife of Herbert Pelham), was the mother of Herbert Pelham, first Treasurer of Harvard, who came to Massachusetts and left descendants. Are there still descendants of the Boleyn family? - Sage-Answer .54 That he was not created Baron Carey as would be expected (there was no other Lord Carey) was very unusual, if not unique and is, given other evidence, highly suggestive.55 When Queen Elizabeth I thought herself on her deathbed 17/18 October 1562, she especially commended Henry Carey, Lord Hunsdon to the care of her Council. Whats interesting, though, is that Princes William and Harry are also descended from Mary Boleyn through their mothers Spencer line: Prince William married Catherine Middleton in 2011 and they have three children: Prince George (b. What's interesting, though, is that Princes William and Harry are also descended from Mary Boleyn through their mother's Spencer line: Mary Boleyn (d. 1543) m. William Carey. Ives, Eric William (2004). What's New! There are no other surviving children of Thomas Boleyn. Prince Harry married Meghan Markle in 2018 and they are expecting their first child in Spring 2019. in library science and history and was Genealogical Reference Librarian and Instructor for eleven years at Chicagos famed Newberry Library. However, her absence from court allowed her to escape blame when her sister fell, and she was . Queen Elizabeth II is descended from Mary Boleyn, sister of Anne Boleyn. 1477 in Blickling, Norfolk, England d. Mar 12, 1539 in Hever Castle, Kent England also known as Sir Thomas, 1st Earl of Wiltshire mar. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. ||sitemap_index.xml 1570 d. 1591); Robert Dudley (b. Jun 6, 1581 d. 1584), Robert Devereux KG, 2nd Earl of Essex (Nov 10, 1566 Feb 25, 1601); mar. Read Online Descendants Of Henry Vii Of England Circumstantial evidence indicates a high probability that Henry VIII fathered two children by Mary Boleyn, meaning that he has many descendants in both England and America. This opens up a whole new world of discovery for me, and I hope one day, that I shall be able to investigate further. 2. Many Congratulations 1283 absolutely amazing. 3. i. Mary BOLEYN 2 68 134 393 394 395 was born about 1504 in Hever, Sevenoaks, Kent, England 68 and died 19 Jul 1543 in Chilton Foliat, Hungerford, Wiltshire, England 2 68 387 395 about age 39. And I come from that lineage. Henry (1541); Mary (1542); Lettice (1543); William (1545); Edward (1546); Maud (1548); Elizabeth (1549); Robert (1550); Richard (1552); Francis (1553); Ann (1554); a child unbaptised (1557); Thomas (1558); Catherine (1559); Dudley (1562). Despite her connection to Queen Catherine, Mary eventually became the king's mistress. Henry Rich, 1st Earl of Holland (1590-1649), William Knollys, 1st Earl of Banbury (c1544-1632), John Carey, 1st Earl of Dover (c1580-1666), William Paget, 5th Lord Paget (1609-1678), Robert Rich, 2nd Earl of Warwick (1587-1658), Robert Devereux, 2nd Earl of Essex (1566-1601), Robert Devereux, 3rd Earl of Essex (1591-1646), Algernon Percy, 10th Earl of Northumberland (1602-1668), George Berkeley, 8th Baron Berkeley (1601-1658), Emanuel Scrope, 1st Earl of Sunderland (1584-1630). At this point in time, I do not have any information on Dorothy Deveraux and/or Catherine Carey, but if I do, in any future research about the Boleyns, I shall be more than happy to share them with you. Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing your views.Hope you found related articles on the Boleyns and the Tower of London good to read also. Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, KCVO is sixth in the line of succession to the British throne. At some point, Mary became Henry's mistress; the starting date and duration of the liaison are unknown.[14]. He spent 70 years as first in line for the throne. We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. According to wikitree geneology on the Boleyn family, one Ralph Boleyn was born roundabout 1260 in England. Lady Mary (Boleyn) Carey Stafford had issue by William Stafford: Anne Boleyn, Marchioness of Pembroke, born 1507. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is fascinating to observe that Queen Elizabeth I and Queen Elizabeth II are uniquely allied, not only by their names, but also by their descents from Henry VIII. Katherine of Aragon: England's First Feminist Queen? Anne had returned to England in January 1522; she soon joined the royal court as one of Queen Catherine's maids-of-honour. Claire is going live on YouTube on 11 February! Marston's book is filled with notable kin, as well as numerous Mayflower descendants of Mary Boleyn. Mary and William Stafford had 2 children: Edward Stafford (1535 1545) and Anne Stafford (1536-?). But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. Anne also interceded to secure her widowed sister an annual pension of100.[18]. Thanks to historical fiction and interested Tudor fans, the legend of Mary Boleyn has grown to . This website uses cookies to improve your experience. Very interesting read. Are there any living descendants of the Boleyn family? For Queen Elizabeth I, the truth about her half-siblings/first cousins the Careys would have been, at the very least, a major domestic and European embarrassment and almost certainly a serious impediment to the full establishment and maintenance of her legitimacy, compromising her claim to the throne. His spouse, Catherine is Princess of Wales. Anne and Marys brother was George Boleyn who was executed. He was elected M. P. for Reading in 1563 and was married in 1565 to Margaret Cave (died 1606). She died 3, and was buried 7, April 1538.5 His acquisitions of numerous stewardships and keeperships and gradually of high honors marks the progress of the favour which his daughters Mary and Anne, in turn, found in the Kings eyes. The paternal interest shown by Henry VIII in Catherine and Henry Carey as well as the extraordinary favor shown them by Elizabeth I. Also, their other daughter Mary Tudor had a daughter Frances Brandon, mother of Lady Jane Grey. There are no living descendants of King Henry VIII. In 1534, Mary secretly married an Essex landowner's younger son: William Stafford (later Sir William Stafford). Anne's older sister was Mary Boleyn. Georgina enjoys venturing solo, takes pleasure in listening to classical, country & jazz, and delights in spending joyous time with A & M, her two adult children. She is said to have committed suicide by throwing herself from the tower. Hi loved your article. Alice (Bracton) Boleyn [(1385 1440) Salle, Norfolk, England 3 children: Thomas Boleyn (1403 1472); Geoffrey Boleyn (1406 1463); Cecily Boleyn (1408 1458), Geoffrey Boleyn [b.1406, Norfolk England d.1463, City of London] also known as Sir Geoffrey Boleyn or Bullen, a successful merchant in the City of London mar. 1480 Norfolk, England d. Apr 3, 1537]. Are there any living descendants of Henry VIII? (2023) Some historians claim she was Anne's younger sister, but her children believed Mary was the elder, as do most historians today. It was either from this occasion or from a later meeting in 1532 (when Mary, as a widow and the cast-off mistress of Henry VIII, visited France with the English court) that Francis I (as restated by Ridolfo Pio) said that he had known her as a great whore and more notorious than all others.10 Lady Mary (Boleyn) Carey was married (second) by 1534 to (later: Sir) William Stafford, born by 1512, died 5 May 1556 at Geneva, Switzerland. I must admit that I am no where near to accomplishing all the materials available on this subject as yet, to present a complete set of findings to you on the origins of the Boleyn family and the wider Boleyn lineage. Hon. Some Descendants of the BOLEYN Family Related to George Washington 1st are there any living descendants of john brown - andrewahn.co It is clear that Henry VIII could and did keep the existence of an illegitimate child a secret until acknowledgment might suit him. Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. I find the Boleyn family lineage to be intriguing, fascinating and hope to dedicate more time researching this part of our history. I think it is fair to say that Anne Boleyn and the name Boleyn itself has had many historians, researchers and bloggers like me awake on many a night trying to find answers to the tragedies, twists and turns that befell this fascinating family that rose to fame during the Tudor era. As it is an overview, I have eliminated historical details to keep it simple but have included basic information to keep the subject matter in context. I have not included details of events and background information but have provided recommended reads and links. She was the sister of Anne Boleyn, the aunt of Elizabeth, and one of only two publicly acknowledged mistresses to Henry VIII. She died at Chilton Foliat (not Folis) Wiltshire. Biography of Mary Boleyn, the Boleyn Survivor - ThoughtCo Dorothy Bray (born in 1530, died 31 October 1605), no children. "The Life and Death of Anne Boleyn", p. 369 (note 75). While Mary was pregnant and on bed rest with her second child, the king became bored with her. However, the extraordinary favour and partiality shown them, at the same time observing that they were neither enriched nor loaded with powerful offices, is both remarkable and telling. Fac. Hi Stephanie, my apology for not getting back sooner. The Revenge of Mary Boleyn - Bax of Things In October 1568, he was suggested as a possible husband for Mary, Queen of Scots, when her marriage to an English nobleman was under consideration. The Boleyn bloodline continues! Historians belief that the Boleyn family originated from here and made their way to Norfolk during the Normans invasion in the 11th century. Prince William is married to Catherine (Middleton), Duchess of Cambridge (mar.2011) and they have three children > George, Charlotte and Louis. Visit the magnificent Hever Castle in Kent, England which was Anne Boleyns childhood home. Hi. [15] Even if this was so, however, Henry did not acknowledge either of them as his children, although he had previously acknowledged Henry FitzRoy, his son by another mistress, Elizabeth Blount. Therefore, it is with Thomas Boleyn, born roundabouts 1350 where we will begin to trace the Boleyn lineage in this article. However, there is no consensus on the origin of the Boleyn family. Mary Boleyn, also known as Lady Mary,[1] (c. 1499[2] 19 July 1543) was the sister of English queen consort Anne Boleyn, whose family enjoyed considerable influence during the reign of King Henry VIII. Dorothy Boyle; Juliana Boyle; Charlotte Elizabeth Boyle. Is the Queen Mother related to Mary Boleyn? Her novel spawned five others in the same series, but drew criticism for its lack of historical accuracy. She admitted that she might have chosen "a greater man of birth" but never one that should have loved her so well, nor a more honest man. Queen Anne was beheaded on Tower Green at the Tower of London on 19 May 1536.29. Prince Harry is married to Meghan (Markle) Duchess of Sussex (mar. Today we have an article by Sarah Bryson, author of Mary Boleyn: In a Nutshell and a regular contributor to the Tudor Society. It was rumoured that one or both of Mary's children were fathered by the king. ||Wordpress installation and design by http://www.MadeGlobal.com, FREE Anne Boleyn Most historians suggest that she was the eldest of the three surviving Boleyn children. Anne Boleyn is known to have one spouse, Henry Tudor of England. Although various persons have been suggested as bastards of the king, among them is only one for whom significant, contemporary documentation exists: Henry Carey, Lord Hunsdon (1526-96), son of Mary (Boleyn) Carey, one-time mistress of the king, wife of William Carey (gentleman of the privy chamber and esquire of the body to the king) and sister of Anne Boleyn, King Henry VIIIs second queen.