After this raid, the main body of the Franks moved back over the Rhine with their booty. Dagobert Duke of East Franks was born about 300 in Germany. . Marcomir Learn how and when to remove this template message, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Marcomer&oldid=1134913935, Short description is different from Wikidata, Articles lacking in-text citations from August 2017, Articles with unsourced statements from May 2021, Wikipedia articles needing clarification from April 2021, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, This page was last edited on 21 January 2023, at 12:42. Marcomir of the FRANKS ; Ildegond of the LOMBARDS ; daughter of Frotmund the GRAIL-KING The Liber also relates that Marcomer tried to unite the Franks after the death of Sunno. En 392, il dfend son territoire contre le mme gnral Arbogast. WebMerovech (French: Mrove, Merowig; Latin: Meroveus; c. 411 458) was the King of the Salian Franks, which later became the dominant Frankish tribe, and the founder of the Merovingian dynasty. According to the later Liber Historiae Francorum, Marcomer tried to unite the Franks after the death of Sunno. . Marcomir Click on a person's name to go to that person's page. ; Death: 437 (30-39) Cologne, Koln, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany. Agnes Harris's 41-Great Uncle. -------------------- http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=jloops&id ID: I5266 Name: Marcomir Duke Of East Franks Given Name: Marcomir Suffix: Duke Of East Franks Sex: M Birth: ABT 0347 in Germany Death: 0404 _UID: 344B5DC3B051D9438835C84024E83FC69261 Change Date: 27 Dec 2007 at 03:00:00, Father: Clodis Duke Of East Franks b: ABT 0324 in Germany, Has Children Pharamond King Of Franks b: ABT 0370 in Westphalia,Germany. Example: "*ornelis de b*r" finds both "cornelis de boer" and "kornelis de buur". He encountered no opposition. . . Brother of Albofledis . Geni requires JavaScript! WebMarcomer (died after 392), also spelled Marcomeres, Marchomer, Marchomir, was a Frankish leader ( dux) in the late 4th century who invaded the Roman Empire in the year 388, when the usurper and leader of the whole of Roman Gaul, Magnus Maximus was surrounded in Aquileia by Theodosius I . The more characters you enter the more specific the results. Eventually, these Trojans established several separate tribes within the Cimmerian nation. Wives/Partners: Hatilde (?) Blsinde, (la jeune), Princesse de Cologne, De Cologne Married to Vinitharius Conqueror of the Venedi-Slavs, roi This source does not relate whether Marcomer succeeded, but from other later sources that recall the account of Liber Historiae Francorum, the impression may be gained that Pharamond was regarded as the first king of the Franks. . A genealogical internet service provided by Coret Genealogy. Traditionally Marcomer is also known as Marcomir VI, a descendent of King Priam Podarces of Troy by Priam's son Helenus from whom the Kings of Cimmerian Bosporus descend. ber die genauen Herrschaftsstrukturen lsst sich allerdings aufgrund der vielfltigen Interpretationsmglichkeiten kaum etwas sagen.[4]. Enter your e-mail address and you will receive the monthly, free Genealogy Online newsletter (in English) with new pedigrees and news and tips on the largest genealogy website in the Netherlands and Belgium. WebMarcomir I (VI; V; Duke) of EAST FRANKS King of COLOGNE Born: abt. Marcomir Pharamond first[1] appears in the Liber Historiae Francorum, commonly dated to 727. The Liber adds that Pharamond, named as Marcomer's son, was chosen as this first king (thus beginning the tradition of long-haired kings of the Franks), and then states that when he died, his son Chlodio was raised up as the next king. Although data is often retrieved from public archives, the searching, interpreting, collecting, selecting and sorting of the data results in a unique product. Several legends and myths surround his person. WebAs first king of the Franks, Pharamond was also associated with establishing the Salic law, as noted, for example in the Gesta Francorum (c.1100), chapter 8. When the Roman generals Magnus Maximus, Nanninus and Quintinus heard the news in Trier, they attacked those remaining Frankish forces near the Silva Carbonaria and killed many of them. Mais les ennemis qui taient chargs de butin, aprs avoir pill les richesses des provinces, traversrent le Rhin, tout en laissant sur le sol romain un grand nombre des leurs prts reprendre le pillage. [1] Detailliert wird dieser Angriff und die rmische Reaktion darauf von dem um 400 schreibenden sptrmischen Geschichtsschreiber Sulpicius Alexander geschildert. WebRichemer Marcomir I de Toxandrie King of the Sicanbrian Franks found in 146 trees View all Richemer Marcomir I de Toxandrie King of the Sicanbrian Franks from tree Dubois Family Tree No publicly available LifeStory events poss. He died in 317. . WebMarcomir I (Merovech I) , of the Eastern Franks was born April 347 in Cologne, North Rhine, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany, son of Clodius King of the East Franks and Frotmund Desposyni de Frimutel. Walter King of the Franks was born before 289. Genealogical publications are copyright protected. Nach dem Exzerpt Gregors, der sich nach eigener Aussage auf das 3. The Franks delivered hostages as usual, and Arbogastes returned to his winter quarters in Trier. He proposed that the Franks should live under one king and proposed his own son Pharamond (whose earliest mention is in this work, and who is considered mythological by scholars) for the kingship. A few days afterwards, a hurried conference was held with Marcomer and Sunno, petty kings (regales) of the Franks; hostages were demanded as usual and Arbogast retired to winter quarters at Trier." This information is part of Fox and Anderson and Taylor families in USA by Tommy Fox on Genealogy Online. Frotmund was born in Old, Sachsen, Germany. 424 HM George I's 37-Great Uncle. Marcomir I, King of the Franks at Cologne - Father of Marcomer Follow Reply Start a New Discussion Started by Gerene Mae Jensen Mason on Friday, December 23, 2016 Showing all 3 posts Gerene Mae Jensen Mason PRO 12/23/2016 at 9:53 AM Some sources identify this Hatilde with the Hatilde who is said to have been the wife of Frotmundus. offenbar den Frieden anbot. This functionality is only available in Javascript supporting browsers. Clodius was born in 37, in Austrasia, department, region, France. WebMarcomir Cologne East Franks was born between around 347 and around 370 in Cologne, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany, son of Clodius East Franks. [5] Diese Genealogie, die mehr als 330 Jahre nach Marcomer niedergeschrieben wurde, wird seit dem Ende des 19. ". The author of this publication would love to hear from you! Wives/Partners: Hatilde (?) Die Darstellung des Sulpicius ist uns jedoch nur in Form eines lngeren Exzerpts im Geschichtswerk des Gregor von Tours erhalten, welches aber wertvolle Informationen enthlt.[2]. I, King http://larryvoyer.com/genealogy/getperson.php?personID=I153551&tree Suffix of the LOMBARDS Birth Abt 373 Lombardy, Italy Gender Female Died Yes, date unknown Person ID I153551 voyer_7_28_2008 Last Modified 09 May 2010. Another difficulty with this account is that earlier sources such as Gregory of Tours make it crystal clear that a century after Marcomer there were still many Frankish kings, ruling over portions or separate tribes - indeed, it has been proposed that the word "ruler" may be more appropriate than "king", as there was at that time no one ruler over all the Frankish people. Mother of Marcomir II, King of the Franks and Pharamond, king of the Franks (Fictitious). After this raid the main body of the Franks moved back over the Rhine with their booty. Death: 449 (94-103) Westphalia, Germany. April 28 Former Central Intelligence Agency counterintelligence officer and analyst Aldrich Ames pleads guilty to giving U.S. secrets to the Soviet Union and later Russia. Blesinda was born circa 330, in Marcomir (Cobb translation). Marcomir I, King of the Franks at Cologne Marcomir (Marchomir) der Oost-Franken was born in 347, in Sachsen, Deutschland, to Clodius I der Oost-Franken and Blesinde der Oost-Franken (born der Sueben). WebMarcomir III King of The Sicambrian Franks was born on date, at birth place, to Clodius II the Franks and Frotmund Desposynl Franks (born DeFrimutel). Marcomir I Clodius der Franken was born in 347, to Clodius I der Oost-Franken and Blesinde der Oost-Franken (born van Duitsland). Wives/Partners: Hatilde (?) One such tribe under Francio ex Zeus (namesake of the Frankish nation) migrated into the area around modern Budapest and established the Kingdom of Sicambria. Die Franken stieen auf linksrheinisches Gebiet vor und verwsteten die Region um Kln, bevor sie mit reicher Beute abzogen. Some of the Franks remained in the Belgian wood called "Silva Carbonaria". This information is part of Stamboom Homs by George Homs on Genealogy Online. The invasion is documented by Gregory of Tours who cited the now lost work of Sulpicius Alexander. The temperature on September 13, 1994 was between 11.1 C and 18.9 C and averaged 14.4 C. HRE Ferdinand I's 33-Great Uncle. This functionality is only available in Javascript supporting browsers. Alternative: Baptized (at 8 years of age or later) by the priesthood authority of the LDS church. Family Tree Pharamond (the Wise) (King of all the Franks) MEROVINGIAN ca 365-427 WithArgotta Franks 438 with. Immediate Family: Son of Marcomir I, King of the Franks at Cologne and Hildegonde / Ildegond De Cologne. This source does not relate whether Marcomer succeeded, but from other later sources that recall the account of Liber Historiae Francorum, the impression may be gained that Pharamond was regarded as the first king of the Franks. King Marcomir of the Franks Some of the Franks remained in the Belgian woods. Blsinde, (la jeune), Princesse de Cologne, De Cologne Married to Vinitharius Conqueror of the Venedi-Slavs, roi http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/AMTCitationRedir.aspx?tid=28696621&pid=25668, about the surname , of the Eastern Franks, Alternative names: Marcomir a Merovingian, Marcomir of the Franks, Marcomir Franks. Please enable JavaScript in your browser's settings to use this part of Geni. Claudian, Loeb classical Library, On Stilicho's Consulship (translation Platnauer), van Klaveren in van Klaveren Web Site, managed by Iefje van Klaveren, Parents: Clodius I Der Oost-franken, Blesinde Der Oost-franken (geboren Van Duitsland), Wife: Hildegonde Blesinde Der Franken (geboren Van Lombardije). Marcomir, roi des Francs: Birthdate: estimated between 355 and 411 : Death: 423 Immediate Family: Son of Marcomir I, King of the Franks at Cologne and Hatilde de Francie Husband of Argotta de France Brother of Pharamond, king of the Franks (Fictitious) Half brother of Chlodowig I, King of the Franks at Cologne; Albofledis . Enter your e-mail address and you will receive the monthly, free Genealogy Online newsletter (in English) with new pedigrees and news and tips on the largest genealogy website in the Netherlands and Belgium. search for your ancestors and publish your family tree, Marcomir "Marcomer" des Francs I ( 347- 479), https://www.genealogieonline.nl/stamboom-homs/I6000000006127938104.php, A genealogical internet service provided by, http://worldconnect.genealogy.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=:3044567&id=I14827, http://www.american-pictures.com/genealogy/persons/per02347.htm#0, http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=monicap&id=I07813, http://www.glenn-cook.com/Family%20Data/8%20Feb%202007/10834.htm, http://freepages.family.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~schwenker/aqwg53.htm, http://larryvoyer.com/genealogy/getperson.php?personID=I68126&tree=v7_28, http://www.art-science.com/Ken/Genealogy/PD/ch46_Clovis.html, http://trees.ancestry.com/rd?f=document&guid=f81474c3-3b9d-4896-9a44-56e13ac4c0eb&tid=9784512&pid=-636976541. Francio's new royal family was known as the House of Sicamber after one of his ancestors. Chlodowig I, King of the Franks at Cologne His brother Sunno crossed the Rhine and tried to become leader of the band of Marcomer, but was killed by his own people. poss. Genealogical publications are copyright protected. Husband of Winilinda . 424 HM George I's 37-Great Uncle. . Marcomir Marcomir Geni requires JavaScript! Zusammen mit den frnkischen Heerfhrern Gennobaudes und Sunno fhrte Marcomer 388 einen erfolgreichen berfall auf rmisches Gebiet am Niederrhein an. When Pharamond I, King of Toxandria was born about 0370, in Westphalia, Prussia, Germany, his father, Roi Marcomir V de Koln last King of the Franks, was 25 and his mother, Hildegard de Lombardie de Toxandrie, was -4. Click on a person's name to go to that person's page. Pharamond Marcomer (Marcomeres, Marchomer, Marchomir) was a Frankish leader (dux) in the late 4th century who invaded the Roman Empire in the year 388, when the usurper and leader of the whole of Roman Gaul, Magnus Maximus was surrounded in Aquileia by Theodosius I. 399, Bourgogne, Marne, Aisne, France , d. 450, Last Modified 09 May 2010 Family ID F63517 Group Sheet. Although data is often retrieved from public archives, the searching, interpreting, collecting, selecting and sorting of the data results in a unique product. Please enable JavaScript in your browser's settings to use this part of Geni. Birthplace: France. Marcomir You type in a few letters (at least 3) and a list of personal names within this publication will immediately appear. Wife of Chlodio IV., they gave birth to 1 child., they gave birth to 1 child. Pharamond Geneanet. Clovis I, according to Gregory of Tours, had several other rulers or kings killed in order to manipulate control and increase his territory, and through his machinations dethroned other leaders such as the Frankish counts of Trir, but even he was not the single Frankish king, for tribes as the Thuringii, Chamavi and Bructeri continued their own structures. He would stay on the space station until March 22, 1995, for a record 437 days in space. Vielmehr handelte es sich bei den frnkischen Heerfhrern wohl nicht um Kleinknige oder hnliches, sondern um (militrische) Anfhrer. En 388, il change des otages en gage de paix avec le gnral romain Arbogast. 370 Died: abt. circa 350. of the FRANKS ; Ildegond of the LOMBARDS ; daughter of Frotmund the GRAIL-KING poss. According to Rosamond McKitterick, the emphasis of the Liber was upon "construct[ing] a specific past for a particular group of people."[5]. Marcomir V MEROVINGIAN (5th Duke of Cologne Wife of Chlodio IV., they gave birth to 1 child., they gave birth to 1 child. Marcomir married Hillegonda (Allegonde) Frotmund der Franken (born van Lombardije). Son of Marcomir I, King of the Franks at Cologne and Hatilde de Francie He proposed that the Franks should live under one king and proposed his own son Pharamond (whose earliest mention is in this work, and who is considered legendary by scholars) for the kingship. WebMarcomir I, King of the Franks at Cologne Attention : This site does not support the current version of your web browser. He died in the year 404. Clodius was born in 37, in Austrasia, department, region, France. Marcomir II, King of the Franks 2) " Quelques jours plus tard, alors que Marcomir et Sunnon taient chez les Francs des personnages royaux, une brve confrence eut lieu et des otages furent exigs selon l'usage, puis Arbogast revint hiverner Trves.". Marcomir des Francs was born about 347 in Germany, son of Chlodio des Francs and N.N. Connect to the World Family Tree to find out, Cologne, Kingdom of the Franks [Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany], Cologne, Koln, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany, Cologne, Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany, Cleaning the lineages between FRANCUS and CHARLEMAGNE, Pharamond, king of the Franks (Fictitious), Chlodowig I, King of the Franks at Cologne. However, modern scholars, such as Edward James, do not accept this account in the Liber Historiae Francorum as historical, because Marcomer is called the son of the Trojan king Priam. He had at least 1 son with Asinia Juliana Nicomacha de Rome. Marcomir I, King of the Franks at Cologne L'pisode de droule en 392 pendant l'imprium de Valentinien II. and Basine de Sajonia. When Pharamond I, King of Toxandria was born about 0370, in Westphalia, Prussia, Germany, his father, Roi Marcomir V de Koln last King of the Franks, was 25 and his mother, Hildegard de Lombardie de Toxandrie, was -4. III Clodius King of the Franks was born before 264. Half brother of Chlodowig I, King of the Franks at Cologne; Albofledis . Selon l'auteur du Liber Historiae Francorum, Marcomir serait le pre de Pharamond, qui serait lui-mme le pre du roi Clodion le Chevelu. Cette gnalogie, crite plus de 330 ans aprs les faits, est reconnue par les historiens contemporains comme fabuleuse. He died in 0281, in his hometown, at the age of 61. Gregory of Tours mentions him in his Historia Francorum, together with dukes Genobaud and Sunno. After this engagement Quintinus crossed the Rhine to punish the Franks in their own country, however his army was surrounded and beaten. You type in a few letters (at least 3) and a list of personal names within this publication will immediately appear. Clodius was born in 37, in Austrasia, department, region, France. On Geni they are two sperate individuals from two different fathers. Do you have a story about him that you would like to share? Photos and Memories (1) Do you know Marcomir? Request permission to copy data or at least inform the author, chances are that the author gives permission, often the contact also leads to more exchange of data. Marcomir I, King of the Franks at Cologne, Cleaning the lineages between FRANCUS and CHARLEMAGNE. . Marcomir passed away in October 404, at age 57 in La Brosse (Frankrjk). Gregory doubts that they were called kings. Family Tree Pharamond (the Wise) (King of all the Franks) MEROVINGIAN ca 365-427 WithArgotta Franks 438 with. Marcomir The invasion is documented by Gregory of Tours who cited the now lost work of Sulpicius Alexander. Son of Marcomir I, King of the Franks at Cologne and Hildegonde / Ildegond De Cologne It is not possible to enter charachters outside the standard alphabet (so no diacritic characters like and ). Birthplace: Cologne, Koln, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany. I, King