Plenty of grip, easy to feel when they are starting to slide. If youre using your rig as a daily driver and need a tire that offers good life, youll want something that offers great treadwear in addition to traction and durability. The Maxxis Razr MT is simply awesome on rocks. Cooper or Maxxis? | DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums Tire comparisons, Owner ratings chart. What's good and what's hype This tire covers all the bases with huge lugs and plenty of voice space, combined with a center tread section built for both grip and stability, while shoulder lugs easily churn through loose earth. How are you running the Maxxis on stock rims??? All these lugs actually make wider lateral grooves, compared to narrower circumferential channels. On par with OEM. Having run various other tires off road, BFG MT, Newer MTR, Super swampers etc.. the milestars compare well to those other brands, on road for a mud tire, sound level is more along a AT sound. I put the traction of these tires to the test on the. Highway compliance. Buy 4 Get $150 Cash Back $614. I switched to the BFG after a riding buddy lost 2 Big Horns in one week. The Bridgestone was joined by Sunwide Huntsman, BF Goodrich MT TA/KM3 and the Kumho Road Venture MT51. Real Off Road. There are also plenty of options for3/4/-ton and 1-ton trucks. On the other hand, the Maxxis Razr M/T also features a killer looking tread. Would like to see them on the test hill. . We use data about you for a number of purposes explained in the links below. Fitment & Delivery options available . Over the years I've run KOs on full size PUs, KM2 35s and KM3 37s on the Jeep. 285/70R17 Tyres | Bob Jane T-Marts | Best Tyre Price Guarantee 4WheelParts has a sale on their BFG KM3 UTV tires. However, these are quickly becoming my favorite because they better meet my overall needs, and seem to be better, overall, at more things. So, over 500 miles on these tires. Even when encountering puddles of water on the freeway after a downpour of rain, Ive never felt a loss of control since the open tread easily and quickly disperses water. Braking is definitely harder because of the weight. As for handling on the road, these tires work amazingly well. In my professional opinion as a tire engineer, the BF Goodrich KM3 make a great paddle tire, that's why its so great with sand, and lateral evacuation of mud/dirt/debris. A-Hole package delete. Not yet, but will post next week once my Carli 2.5 Pintop goes on the truck. As a result, almost none come with a factory mileage warranty. The BF Goodrich KM3 and the Maxxis Razr MT are preferred by off-road enthusiasts for their ability to perform on tough terrains and provide reliable traction. thread. Features: This is a race tire only and is not DOT-approved. On par with Wildpeaks. Wet or dry, they firmly keep my WJ planted to the road. As a comparison, tires like the Goodyear Wrangler MT/R or BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM3 have no warranty. Hillbilly Deluxe Edition with 3 suspension, BD steering brace, 35 Toyo MTs, AFE intake, 5 exhaust, Fresh Bosch injectors, 70 hp tow tune, Isspro gauges. Is this the only trail that I took these on? Really expensive. Braking, Excellent, better than the BFG/Wildpeaks, probably due to lower weight. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. New Maxxis RAZR AT Tires | Page 2 | 5thGenRams Forums Of course youve got to do regular tire maintenance to get this kind of life, but so far I think these tires are well worth a try. Fuel economy is impacted by rolling resistance, which is determined by the tires weight and the stickiness of its tread. Joined Nov 12, 2013 Posts 136 Reaction score 72 Location Arizona Ram Year 2016 Power Wagon Engine 6.4 Hemi . January 31, 2023. See which tire is right for your vehicle. When it comes to mud-terrain tires, you cant really expect too much out of them here, as their aggressive structure isnt able to grip effectively and it get further compromised with speed, thats why they are mostly rated up to Q in speed ratings. Yokohama Geolandar X-AT G016 285/70R17 121Q. Tires that perform best in mud have spaced-out lugs designed to clear away the slop. Maxxis RAZR - All-Terrain & Mud-Terrian Tyres The Toyo tires are closer in size very similar to the STT Pro and Maxxis RAZR. Picking the best mud-terrain tire is not easy. Its resemblance to paddle tires also make it one of the best ones out there for sandy terrains. Just note that the best mud tires come with an accordingly-hefty price tag, and that some owners wish for a quieter ride and less of a hit to fuel consumption. Theyre designed for off-road use, but are certified as actual street tires. Rugged and built to tackle any terrain, virtually every part of this mud tire has been optimized for maximum performance and durability. i also want a tire thats not loud and won't slip in the rain. For my off-road adventures I air down to 15 PSI and doing that gives these tires a terrific wide footprint that provides great floatation on soft terrain. Tire: Maxxis RAZR MT Size: 32X11.50R15LT Type: Radial mud-terrain Load range: C Max load (lb): 2,535 Sidewall construction: 3-ply polyester Tread construction: 3-ply polyester, 2-ply steel, 1-ply . Toyo/Nitto has an excellent reputation. Off-Roading is practically synonymous with Goodyears Wrangler brand of tires and this one stands out for its technology. With five different light-truck tire offerings that suit the needs of most off-roaders, I opted to give the Kanati Mud Hogs the nod for my replacements. , . Owner reviews are positive in general, with many reporting a quieter-than-expected ride on the road more travelledthough some owners report faster-than-expected wear. We are committed to finding, researching, and recommending the best products. But, if you want a good looking, chunky tire, plenty capable of modest off-roading, but that also doesn't ruin the on-road mannerisms of the truck (which I think is probably the majority of us) the SL version of this tire, simply cannot be beat (so far). Super solid tire for a brand that isn't exactly a household name (I wouldn't call them offbrand, just not a big name). When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. Best All-Terrain UTV Tires | ATV.com With numerous provisions designed to minimize the compromise between traction and noise, engineers even used advanced sound analysis equipment to reduce the high on-road noise levels commonly associated with off-road tires when used on the road. I've been considering both these and the Toyo open country AT3's for my next set of tires. NO issues with the BFGs, running the 32" x 14" with scrapers removed. i had maxis buckshots on my fjcruiser 5 years ago. They take a while to warm up and tend to follow grooves in the road, so you must be paying attention at all times. RAZR MT. Nitto Ridge & Terra Grappler. Next Last. I should be going to the pine barrons in nj for some wheeling this weekend. In fact, Kanati has been around for over 40 years and produces some of the best off-road tires in the industry. I had the razr mts on my jku and they are phenomenal. Not at all, but likely the toughest and best test for the tires. For Your Info: I believe in the mud terrain category, the Pro Comp Xtreme MT2 (review), gives you the best wear life. It all depends on what youre using it for. Thx. In fact, it will have the opposite effect. mt, . Whether it was because of occasional body/fender contact or the razor sharp rocks, I definitely found some slices in the side of the tread and some on the sidewall, but these tires never give up. So far they have been surprisingly quiet [I had the stock bike tires on it before that were not super close to worn out and were louder]. This challenging trail really allowed me to not only see how well the Mud Hogs did on dry land, but also test out their durability. Maxxis Razr MT Wins 4x4 Test I've owned these tires for 10 months and have put . Getting ready to go to 37" tires and am having a major roadblock picking one, so let's do another "What tire should I buy?" For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. The Razr MT features a new off-road compound with new chemical fillers for maximum tear and chip resistance as well as tread life. I've never understood the draw to BFG tires. Tire Buyer's Guide: Off-Road Tire Options - TREAD Magazine Recently updated, the new Dynapro MT2 is Hankooks most extreme-ever off-road tire. Can't go wrong with Toyo. Also Includes Special Lug Nut Socket. So here with heavier weight the Maxxis M/T gets to burn more fuel. hey guys I'm looking to get new mud terrain tires for my fj60, I only go wheeling on the weekends so id do most of the driving on the road. And as youd expect with an MT tire, it comes with a 3-ply sidewall. These have been the best tire so far i have owned granted its only been about 3k miles. While many MT tires focus heavily on grip for loose surfaces, the KM3 is exceptionally good at rock crawling too. This is a highly-advanced off-road tire that puts everything Cooper knows about off-road tires to work for you. The 3D Canyon sipe design builds additional reinforcement into the actual tire treads. Nonetheless, as you still get to have more biters on shoulders and with this the tire provides an appreciative rocky and muddy terrain performance as youll see, in their respective topics. Enter To Win A Jeep Gladiator! ; 871662: 195/70: R15: Sizes: 32X10-15/32X10-14. From Cooper tires comes this flagship All-Terrain tire. I went through the same process over about a month. LT Wildpeak: 53lbs. Maxxis AT811 Razr. After months of testing their Mongrel UTV tire, I was thoroughly impressed with the performance that these off-road tires provided in a wide range of terrains. . Snow at 1 foot and Snow at t 6 foot big difference Beadlocks > 8psi vs no beadlocks <15psi: big difference BFG MT 35 x12, no bead locks Noise = 6 Ride = 9 Dry = 8 Wet = 8 Snow = 6 Trail = 8 Look = 8 Wear = 25k MPG = 15 runs about $45-50 less than the STT Pro. From $287.99. And although both tires here have that, the Maxxis Razr M/T is able to provide better gripping capabilities, still. Furthermore, the tire has a single light weight cap ply which ensures the inner construction is not rigid, and this further adds to the soaking of the impacts. BF Goodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM3 Tires. WXman said: KM2 was loud as h*** and ran small to size. Are These Tires As Good As People Say?! Maxxis Razr MT Bfg km3's; Members: 3474 Posts: 168404 Topics: 10804 . They were amazing this hunting season in the deep snow. Outstanding range of sizes to suit most of the Australian 4x4 market. As an overall package, the Razr MT is an excellent bargain, even though it's not a cheaper option. Maxxis RAZR - All-Terrain & Mud-Terrian Tyres. Priced at roughly $150 per tire to start, this might just be the best reason to opt for the STT Pros. Your email address will not be published. "it's the Maxxis Razr that performed best in our tests" First Name Brad Joined Oct 8, 2018 Messages 4,794 Reaction score 4,977 Location . They wear really well and work great for the desert! I'd go with them. Gallery. Buy 4 Get $150 Cash Back $525. Im not the easiest driver when it comes to my rig. FOR SERIOUS OFF-ROAD ENTHUSIASTS 20% ON-ROAD, 80% OFF-ROAD The new BFGoodrich KM3 tire delivers extreme toughness and traction to take drivers an. I haven't seen these tires yet.