Whenever I try to enter a MS service (e.g. This is the only way to fix it. Only someone with access to your phone should be able to get your verification code. You can restore from backup (assuming there was one) but make sure no accounts have been added to the newly install app. Youll then be able to use those if you experience any issues when trying to recover your accounts. A: The Authenticator app collects your GPS information to determine what country you are located in. I haven't been getting my verification notifications since I got my new phone a while back, and I couldn't get the code sent to my number then bc my old phone was messed up so I had to change the number to another phone to get the code and then it said that bc I have tried to many times it still wouldn't let me log into my account!! If not, it could be a problem with the network connections on your phone, or the notifications channel from Android or Apple. To unlock their phone, they must sign in to their web app and receive three 2-digit codes. Non-personally identifiable usage data, such as aggregate details about success or failure of important operations that are used to detect decreased reliability and bugs. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/back-up-and-recover-account-credentials-in-the-authenticator-app-bb939936-7a8d-4e88-bc43-49bc1a700a40, --please don't forget to upvote and Accept as answer if the reply is helpful--. Your accounts will then automatically be added to Microsoft Authenticator on your new one. Make surethe accountisregistered for passwordless andisjoined to you work or school. 3.If you dont use the latest version APP, try to install latest version APP and re-add your Microsoft accounts. Since they have removed their account from the application they can not authenticate to the portal. A: Users can send logs to customer support and get the Incident ID with these steps: Note the Incident ID. Use biometric hardware. All Rights Reserved. The problem lies in that even though they are visiting the portal from devices that are excluded from MFA via conditional access (Compliant/Hybrid AD Joined) the myapps.microsoft.com portal is still enforcing MFA to log in. What are the steps? Even deleting the app from your old device isn't enough. As for the Authenticator, I've also seen it fail to bring up the approval, but usually when I manually open the app, it appears. you may get a pop up to add a Personal Microsoft account click on ok. you dont actually have to add an account though. How do I make sure notifications don't continue to go to my old device? Allow once: Once every hour that youre still accessing the resource, or next time you try to access the resource, youll need to grant permission again. Authenticator app isn't receiving notifications to Technical Presales and Deployment Services team, Microsoft account security info & verification codes. Q: What if my employee or student has multiple work or school accounts? https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/back-up-and-recover-account-credentials-in-the-authenticator-app-bb939936-7a8d-4e88-bc43-49bc1a700a40, --please don't forget to upvote and Accept as answer if the reply is helpful--. Cloud and network security: Your passwords on the cloud are encrypted and decrypted only when they reach your device. Passwords are only decrypted when user wants to, that is, during autofill or when user wants to see the password, both of which require biometric or PIN. Doing a new MFA registration in the authenticator app (showing the AR code) is only possible when you can access account.microsoft.com and log in using MFA - if you can't the dialogue usually also shows an option reset MFA, then you have to enter additional information to verify your identity. Open Microsoft Authenticator on your old phone, go to Settings, and enable cloud backups. Simply log in to your account on your phones standard log-in feature to be able to log in only occasionally. A: Beginning with release 6.2003.1704 of Authenticator Android, by default all OTP codes are hidden anytime a screenshot of Authenticator is taken. You must have an Authenticator app installed on your device in order to use it. but the amazing thing is they can reach other web-pages like google or Yahoo. A: If you're getting notifications, but not an alert, even with your ringer on, you should check your app settings. Want CNET to notify you of price drops and the latest stories? Microsoft Authenticator will display a message if you need to do this. Authenticator creates an encrypted JSON Web Encryption blob (JWE) file using AES-256. A:SelecttheI cant see numberoptiononthenotificationsoyoucanseethesign-inscreenandthenumberyouneedtoselect. Issues with Microsoft Authenticator not popping up Approval message Seems that you are having issues with the Authenticator app as you are not getting the two-step verification code. Sorry for the late reply -- can you go into the phone's settings and look for the app settings for Microsoft Authenticator (or just Authenticator) and make sure that notifications are enabled there? Tap on Enable push notifications and youre all set! Now I have new phone and after installing I am trying to log in and it requests approval of a notification that never arrives, I also cannot log in on any other app like Teams, Outlook, etc because it requires as well approval of notification from Authenticator, that doesn't pop up either. did you restore from a backup of the accounts on it or go fully from scratch? Not receiving Microsoft Authenticator notifications on new phone How To Enable Push Notifications For Microsoft Authenticator Users can manage their viewing preferences without having to interrupt their daily routines by allowing you to make changes to their viewing habits. Which has been very aggrivating bc it's prevented me from not just all my important emails, but also from being able to get into my HP Desktop also! On Android, Microsoft recommends allowing the app to access location all the time. after changing that the notifications are prompt on my android. Check that your phone is not running any malware likearootkit for example. TechCommunityAPIAdmin. Q: I am having trouble adding my work or school account to my Microsoft Authenticator app. Diagnostic log data that stays only in the app until you select Send feedback in the app's top menu to send logs to Microsoft. Always allow (recommended): While youre still accessing the protected resource, for the next 24 hours, your location will be shared silently once per hour from the device, so you will not need to get out your phone and manually approve each hour. Q: Why does the number next to the code keep counting down? The passwords are saved as part ofyour personal Microsoft accountand are also available when you sign in to Microsoft Edge with your personal Microsoft account. Select Security info in the left menu or by using the link in the Security info pane. The Authenticator app has been working flawlessly for a long time on my iPhone and Apple Watch, but lately it has completely stopped sending notifications and sometimes I have to manually sync to check for an authentication request. This is causing issues when users need to re set up the account in the Authenticator app. You canalso remove youraccount and attempt the sign in again. Highlight a Row Using Conditional Formatting, Hide or Password Protect a Folder in Windows, Access Your Router If You Forget the Password, Access Your Linux Partitions From Windows, How to Connect to Localhost Within a Docker Container. This can be done a lot better! I would suggest you contact Microsoft support directly - Contact Us - Microsoft Support- if you can't get access to a browser where you can log in to account.microsoft.com and use the available options to reset your authentication methods. On thePasswordstab in Authenticator, selectSign in with Microsoftand sign in usingyour Microsoft account. Push is available on all major mobile platforms, including iOS, Android, Fire OS, Windows, and BlackBerry. The battery optimization setting for the Android app is set to Not optimized. Notifications can be sent all the time. Reminds me of the Church lady on SNL! Samsung users will also be able to view websites they recently visited on their phone from their computer, Microsoft said. A: No. Common questions about the Microsoft Authenticator app The scenario happens when you are trying to sign into an application or service, and you are notified by the iOS Authenticator app and approve. It shows 8 digit one time passwords. There are only 2 choices provided. Just clicking on it will cause a notification permission request to pop up which you can grant. If you want to see your OTP codes in screenshots or allow other apps to capture the Authenticator screen, you can. Since we launched in 2006, our articles have been read billions of times. Using an authenticator app for two-factor authentication (2FA) is more secure than SMS messages, but what if you switch phones? A: Verified IDs are issued directly from your organization or a website. A: Some organizations require Authenticator to work with single sign-on and to protect organizational resources. Open the app, go toapps top-level menu, and then select Send feedback. No real company should ever ask you to read your verification code to them over the telephone - especially if they called you. Dont allow: If you select this option, youll be blocked from accessing the resource. If you change your mind, you will need to go to Settings and manually enable the permission. The thing you have is your phone (set up with Authenticator and registered as a two-step verification proof.) I ended up giving up and completely removing the add and setting up MFA on the device from scratch. You can review guidance on how to set up MFA for personal accounts here:Microsoft account security info & verification codes- and at the end of the article you find links to the correct community and support options. If you only have the authenticator app registered as second factor, please contact your tenant administrator and ask for MFA reset. This means that your passwords inside Authenticator app are protected even if someone has your Microsoft account password. When you add a Microsoft account, the app requires network/internet connection. Q: Is registering a device agreeing to give the company or service access to my device? What is SSH Agent Forwarding and How Do You Use It? This check is important so we can be sure we're not overwriting or erasing an existing account by mistake. A: Authenticator app already provides a high level of security for two-step verification and account management, and the same high security bar is also extended to managing your passwords. A: Make sure the date and time on your device are correct and are being automatically synced. Hi everyone. For example, if you're recovering your personal Microsoft account, you must make sure you don't have a personal Microsoft account already set up in the authenticator app. Q: Why when I try to use my camera to capture a Verified ID QR code it fails? If you're having trouble getting your verification code for your personal Microsoft account, see the Troubleshooting verification codeissuessection of the "Microsoft account security info & verification codes"article. Heres what each permission level will mean for you: Allow all the time (recommended): While youre still accessing the protected resource, for the next 24 hours, your location will be shared silently once per hour from the device, so you will not need to get out your phone and manually approve each hour. The app will request this permission only if your organization has a policy requiring location. To remove the app from a device using a personal Microsoft account, go to the two-step verification area of yourAccount Securitypage and choose to turn off verification for your old device. A: You will see a prompt from the Authenticator app asking for access to your location if your IT admin has created a policy requiring you to share your GPS location before you are allowed to access specific resources. You can unregister your device inSettings, but you may lose access to emails in Outlook, files in OneDrive, and you'll lose the ability to use phone sign-in. Previously, we looked at moving 2FA accounts in Google Authenticator to a new phone. In this situation, the account isn't used for two-step verification and shows up as gray or inactive. If you have already registered, you'll be prompted for two-factor verification. More info about Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/back-up-and-recover-account-credentials-in-the-authenticator-app-bb939936-7a8d-4e88-bc43-49bc1a700a40. Then sign on with recovery account to do the restore. On the next screen, you can select onStop sync and remove all autofill data. How to Run Your Own DNS Server on Your Local Network, How to Check If the Docker Daemon or a Container Is Running, How to Manage an SSH Config File in Windows and Linux, How to View Kubernetes Pod Logs With Kubectl, How to Run GUI Applications in a Docker Container. To do this, open Microsoft Authenticator. Why am I seeing this? We send a text message to the phone on which you installed the app that includes a 6-8 digit verification code. Push notifications are an excellent way to keep your users up to date on the most recent content. Then, when you go back to the application or service you were signing into, the service is still waiting for approval from the app. On Android, Microsoft Authenticator is failing to register for push notifications. We have recently implemented MFA with a conditional access policy. You should also open all your 2FA accounts and see if your old phone is still shown as a valid authentication device; if it is, remove it. If you send your log files, Authenticator app engineers will use them only to troubleshoot customer-reported issues. For example, if you're recovering your personal Microsoft account, you must make sure you don't have a personal Microsoft account already set up in the authenticator app. Apple popularized many sync and messaging technologies for smartphones, particularly through its iMessage service for texting and iCloud service for photos, documents, contacts and calendars. Multi-factor authentication (MFA) is becoming increasingly important as part of the Internet security revolution. Authenticator not sending notification when signin in Authenticator @Eli Shlomo, for the benefit of other readers: My approval notifications was not working on Android 9.0, because "Company Portal" application was being shut down by my phone battery optimization app, in the background. We select and review products independently. If yes, remove the problematic account from your app, add it again allowing notifications, and see if that fixes the problem. App Lock also helps ensure that youre the only one who can approve notifications by prompting for your PIN or biometric any time you approve a sign-in notification. I also deleted all accounts on the app, uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. After that, go to theMicrosoft Authenticator app forumand tell Microsoft the problem you're seeing and the steps you tried. If you don't get notifications at all, you should check the following conditions: Is your phone in Do Not Disturb or Quiet mode? Everything is correctly set in my MS account, 2 steps verification, and the Android app Microsoft Authenticator. Post your questionto theMicrosoft Authenticator app forumto get help from the community. In the Backup section, toggle-On Cloud Backup on an Android phone, or iCloud Backup on an iPhone. You can recover your account credentials from your cloud account, but you must first make sure that the account you're recovering doesn't exist in the Microsoft Authenticator app. Fortunately, Microsoft Authenticator provides a backup and recovery option. Push notifications for Microsoft authenticator app gets permanently spa diskmedel skillnad / microsoft authenticator not sending notifications new phone. Initially offered in limited public testing, the software won't allow people to participate in group message chats or to send multimedia messages with photos or videos. On iOS, Microsoft recommends allowing the app to access location always. Generally, when the message appears that a notification was send to the mobile device, there should be an option to use different verification method, which allows to also choose to enter a 6 digit token that is displayed for this account in the MS Authenticator app. Authentication app is not working correctly. Reinstalling doesn't work either. For your work or school account, your organization decides whether or not to allow one-click notifications. Problems started when I upgraded to MS Authenticator. After that, you should start receiving push notifications from the Authenticator app. You can use Autofill to sync and autofill your passwords on your iOS and Android devices. Use Microsoft Authenticator option does not send notifications to my Its also important to remove the accounts from your old phone. iPhones also require that you have an iCloud account. A: The Authenticator app collects three types of information: Account info you provide when you add your account. A: All enterprises or schools added in the Authenticator app need to be allowlisted for Autofill in Authenticator for the app owner to be able to use it. Maybe it was turning off wifi. But how that experience looks depends on your hardware'soperating system. Thanks. This will remove passwords and other autofill data from the device. Q: What information can Authenticator autofill for me? If you want to completely uninstall the app, you need to first unregister the app in the app settings. A related link for the reference:https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/azure-docs/blob/master/articles/active-directory/user-help/user-helNote: non-Microsoft link, just for the reference. Join 425,000 subscribers and get a daily digest of news, geek trivia, and our feature articles. From this point onward, only your new phone will provide 2FA codes for you. Then, tap Settings and turn on the toggle for Enable push notifications. Camera. Much thanks mate! Your administrator might ask for this Incident ID if they request customer support. Sharing best practices for building any app with .NET. Choose the account you want to sign in with. The app requires this permission to search for work or school Microsoft accounts on your phone and add them to the app for you. This data is stored on your device and can be removed by removing your account. Not receiving any Microsoft Authenticator notifications on my new phone, regardless of whatever other device I attempt to access university materials by. Microsoft on Tuesday said it's planning to take on one of the biggest advantages Apple products have, introducing new interoperability features to make its Windows 11 software for PCs talk to iPhones in order to display notifications, send messages, and make and receive calls. The Authenticator app has been working flawlessly for a long time on my iPhone and Apple Watch, but lately it has completely stopped sending notifications and sometimes I have to manually sync to check for an authentication request. My phone have been stolen, I had work account logged in there. Created on December 4, 2021 Push notifications for Microsoft authenticator app gets permanently disabled after reset of iOS settings. When the app is closed, I don't get notifications. On these devices, Authenticator is automatically registered as a device administrator. If you know a SECURE download site with the old APK please tell me. @Robert WoodsI would like to see the one-time bypass feature in Azure MFA. Q: How are my passwords protected by the Authenticator app? Q: How can I see whichsites are using my identity data? For more info, see theBackup and recover account credentials with Authenticatorarticle. Old Microsoft account authentication app was perfectly working. Microsoft is also providing Outlook with a similar service. Tryto re-enable faceID or fingerprint in the device settings andrestartthe device. Azure side(work) never sends notification to authenticator. Cant text myself the verification code because the phone number is wrong and I have no idea how to change it. A: In order to use the Microsoft Authenticator App on Android for your work or school account, push notifications for the app must be enabled and Google Play Services and the Google Play Store must be downloaded and enabled.