In a national call on May 27, Brana had confidently asserted that MPP would raise 50 percent more than the Green Party. So we took action to remove them with the guidance of multiple lawyers and law firms. They are all seeing the need for a new third party. The reason provided for three of us being removed was missing more than four board meetings in 12 months. Clarke and two other MPP sources detailed that as the investigation into Brana went on, Brana did several things that MPP board members viewed as retaliation meant to undermine the female accuser. 3. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. Nick Brana is the founder and national coordinator with the Movement for a Peoples Party. I was axed, Cheray said. Now that shes fully on board the MPP clown car she has retweeted the crank G Hive conspiracy and potentially doomed her career. I was really involved with the Movement for a Peoples Party, she told The Vanguard. The Movement for a People's Party (MPP), also known simply as the People's Party, is a progressive political organization in the United States aimed at "forming a major new political party free of corporate money and influence".[4]. Nick is intimidated by anyone who knows more than him, this person said. These board members wanted to convert it into a more liberal and woke party. I said no, we needed to leave that Paula and the volunteer were waiting and I was worried about the time. They had already begun reorienting the partys message away from economic populism and towards identity politics, a transformation that alarmed many volunteers. Movement for a Peoples Party With this mammoth task at hand, Brana and the other unelected leadership of the MPP began delegating authority to various committees and subcommittees and geographically oriented hubs for organizing the groundwork necessary to become a real political party. Peoples Party Its absolutely despicable and shameful behavior. SIGN UP as a paid Status Substack member for $5 bucks a month. 3. New Party To Break Through To this day, MPP remains focused on loud, very often bone-headed actions intended to generate controversy and buzz. Nick Brana Of The People's Party Interviews Chris Hedges They Spat So Much Truth (To Power) In This Interview I Needed A Large Towel After Hearing It. United under the banner of the Movement for a Peoples Party, they sought to create a corporate-free third party that could make waves in both local and national elections. Nick Brana has been working as a National Chair for People's Party for 2222 days. Despite The Vanguards numerous requests for comment and participation in open forums and dialogue, the Movement for a Peoples Party leadership left all requests for comment and to appear on the podcast unanswered. I felt it was clear that I wasn't playing around. Brana was harassed by Leftists after a #MeToo allegation, as well as other fractures, were directed at him. Nick Brana Of The People's Party Interviews Chris Hedges They Spat So Much Truth (To Power) In This Interview I Needed A Large Towel After Hearing It. Please, The Vanguard spoke to 6 individuals who either left or were booted from The Peoples Party after volunteering their time to the cause, both on air in. [14][15] According to Michael Sylvester, the party will mainly focus on pushing congressional officials into supporting a floor vote for Medicare for All. Peoples Party When they want to be rid of the people who ask too many questions or push for too much change they suddenly become bad actors and Democratic Party infiltrators and find themselves removed. A special investigation committee [SIC] consisting of three MPP board members was formed to investigate and conduct interviews with Brana, the accuser, and anyone else relevant to the investigation. Formerly National Political Outreach Coordinator, Bernie 2016. Martin advocated a modest, achievable party-building strategy focused on gaining political power at the local level. Brana claimed that according to a recent Gallup survey, 14 million people had left the Democratic party since the election in November. The organization, founded by Nick Brana in 2017 (originally as Draft Bernie for a Peoples Party) was promising big things to those exasperated by the undemocratic shenanigans of the Democratic party, especially in the wake of That it could be quick. WebNick Brana, the former national political outreach coordinator for the 2016 Presidential campaign of Bernie Sanders campaign, founded the Movement for a Peoples Party in 2017. Interview with Nick Brana, founder of Movement for a People's Party, conducted by Scott Harris August 26, 2020 Throughout the 2020 Democratic National Convention virtual broadcast, a concerted effort was made to project an image of party unity. WebAccording to LinkedIn Nick Brana started working on 2008, then the employee has changed 8 companies and 7 jobs. I compared Nick Branas fledgling Movement for a Peoples Party to Ja Rule and Billy McFarlands fraudulent Fyre Festival, Martin advocated a modest, achievable party-building strategy, an online coven of demented Kamala Harris cultists and center-right pro-Hillary zealots, some of whom have run bot networks in the past, she lost her Ohio race last night to establishment Democrat Shontel Brown, See No Evil: Prison Labor Rampant in US, but Barely Registers on Medias Radar Screen, WASHINGTON BABYLON IS ON VACATION UNTIL AUGUST 23. Kamilah Harris was on-boarded as a local hub coordinator in California, where she was excited to get to work on the ground advancing the goals of a major new party. Yep, like I said, maybe Im just a pessimist. Over the course of one night, MPP decided to cut ties with Renee Johnston and remove her access without so much as contacting her via text. After taking written statements, interviewing both of us separately, and examining the evidence, the committee concluded that the allegations did not have merit and were a politically motivated attempt to remove me. Outraged, this hostile faction of board members drew up a plan to purge dozens of populist leaders from states across the party, beginning with me and proceeding to other national board members and the state delegates who had voted against them, an action that would have destroyed the party. From the very beginning, Brana misled members of Draft Bernie for a Peoples Party and exploited their hopes that Sanders would lead a third party even though the Vermont senator himself explicitly rejected that idea in As was mentioned by the petitioners and cited in the piece above, the MPP marketed themselves as a party with a horizontal leadership structure. I spoke at some length with a former member of the Peoples Party who was part of a group that was attempting to organize things for some change. The accusations come amidst a great deal of turmoil and struggle for control of The toxicity of her comments were disgraceful and her own impatience and inability to work with other volunteers is her problem, not MPP. Nick Brana Nick Brana 3. Accusations of sexual assault and harassment against Nick Brana have thrown the future of his political group the Movement for a Peoples Party into doubt. Nick was the National Political Outreach Coordinator with Bernie Sanders presidential campaign, where he lobbied the superdelegates and elected officials for Bernie, organized his political meetings, and planned convention activities. I thoroughly enjoyed your speech, it was nice to be in the company of interesting, level-headed people. The Peoples Party is a populist party. What they detailed was systemic dysfunction, a complete absence of democracy in the leadership hierarchy, little-to-no financial transparency provided, and a consistent pattern of disrespect from leadership, which manifested sometimes in ableist and racist behaviors that will be outlined in this article. WebNick Brana is the national director of the Movement for a People's Party. Rage Against the War Machine Peoples Party Nick Brana, Founder and National Coordinator of the Movement for a Peoples Party, joins T. J. OHara, host of Deconstructed, to discuss the organizations evolving platform and the progress it is making.The movement seeks to create a major new progressive populist political party in the United States. Nick Brana West Virginia Berniecrat and 2020 US Senate candidate Paula Jean Swearengin recently announced that she was joining MPP and ever since has been speaking her mind about the real issues, like the dearth of ketchup packets in rural areas. I've seen not only how he abused her but how he abused other people, Swearengin said. WebThe Movement for a People's Party (MPP), also known simply as the People's Party, is a progressive political organization in the United States aimed at "forming a major new political party free of corporate money and influence".. Nick Brana formed the party after the 2016 presidential election as "Draft Bernie for a People's Party." On Sunday February 20th, the five board members who had called for the meeting the day before showed up to the Zoom meeting. 3. WebNick Brana Building a major new progressive populist party in America. Uff da!!! Where MPP goes from here is an open question. Peoples Party: No program, no principles, no future As far as I can tell, Campbell backed Andrew Gillum against Ron DeSantis in Floridas 2018 gubernatorial election, backed Joe Biden against Donald Trump in 2020 because he lives in a swing state, attacked Jimmy Dore and criticized MPP, FTV and M4M4A. Rather than work on the petition in good faith, the board, led by Nick Brana, decided to remove and purge the petitioners from the party. Peoples Party Organizer, @RageAgainstWar_ . As the investigation went on, it was clear there was sexual harassment going on; for other alleged acts, there was debate on whether it was harassment or extended further.. What they detailed was systemic dysfunction, a complete absence of democracy in the leadership hierarchy, little-to-no financial transparency provided, and a consistent pattern of disrespect from leadership, which manifested sometimes in ableist and racist behaviors that will be outlined in this article. From the very beginning, Brana misled members of Draft Bernie for a Peoples Party and exploited their hopes that Sanders would lead a third party even though the Vermont senator himself explicitly rejected that idea in a February 12, 2017 appearance on Meet the Press. There is no evidence to substantiate them. If MPP persists for much longer, Limp Bizkit will perform Break Stuff amid a cholera outbreak. Try for free at rocketreach.co National Coordinator @ Movement for a People's Party; Electoral Manager @ Our Revolution; see more When populist delegates overwhelmingly struck down their provision, they were furious. Exposing the Rage Against the War Machine Rally, Part 8 People's Party Status Coup will update this story if and when Nick Brana responds to our request for comment. Two hours later, I went to bed, got up, go onto Slack, and Im banned, said Coleman. Nick Brana This site requires JavaScript to run correctly. The Party was founded from the ashes of the 2016 Bernie Sanders campaign, after Brana and others called for Sanders to leave the Democratic Party and run under a new populist party. At no point was one implemented, and even the most important decisions, such as policy positions, strategic priorities, and who would be placed in leadership, were decided by undemocratic means, behind closed doors, by the MPP leadership. "It Did Scare Me": Assault, Harassment Allegations Against After the rally, we'll march to the White House and deliver our demands to Warmonger-in-Chief Joe Biden. Nick Brana Nick Brana But, weeks later, concerns mounted that one of the SICs members was leaking information to Brana. Try for free at rocketreach.co National Coordinator @ Movement for a People's Party; Electoral Manager @ Our Revolution; see more Its clear, however, that he was either lying or that the MPP had a disastrous second quarter. A national leadership circle that is non-hierarchical, c. Election of all leaders and option for recall, d. Detailed roles and responsibilities of leaders, including that the role of leaders is to listen to and serve their community, e. Formal accountability/grievance processes, f. Financial transparency with periodic, detailed financial reports published, The petitioners wanted access to periodic, detailed information, so that people knew when they give their money, this is where why money is going, this is where my money being spent. According to Renee, this kind of financial transparency was commonplace and considered standard at all the previous non-profits for which she had worked.