by WithinU Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:18 pm, Post Fuse Box Diagram Ford Fusion (2010-2012) I guess it makes sense though considering most rains isn't literally a bucket like a gutter drain would be. Post 4. My SUV once had a leaky roof drain or so it seems. Ford Fusion With Sunroof / Moonroof For Sale - CarBuzz Depending on your vehicle, the location of these may vary, though the front drain holes in most cars exit in the doorjamb or under the car. I've always used compressed air in a can like for computers/electronics. ford_leak, Let's hope it sorts it. Man I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. This information has been great and has help me identify the front drainage tubes. I felt the roof and sure enough it was pretty saturated with water. If you download the images to your computer you can alter the color/brightness/contrast if necessary to better spot some of the details. I'm hoping that the clogged drains are why i suddenly have such a bad condensation problem inside my Hyundai Santa Fe. on Step 4. I am sure that the car has had this problem forever and that it only got bad after enough dirt had flushed down the drain tubes (yes, there was plenty of dirt there) to clog up the smallish holes in the semi-porous foam stuff. CAR WAS RETURNED TO US STATING NO LEAKS FOUND. We are looking for a hole which is at the base of the sunroof trim or frame. They replaced the glass on the moonroof and scratched the daylights out of the car doing so and their testing somehow resulted in water damage all around the windshield. Also is the sunroof on the MK4 Mondeo meant to let in so much water or is the weatherstrip around the glass supposed to be a watertight seal. First, check the sunroof to verify it is sealed properly. Powered by Invision Community, Ford Fusion Modifications and Technical Discussion. Oh and this was my drivers side when it eventually unblocked. I hope the guy who designed this is having a really bad weekend. Locate your sunroof's drains. I'd like to try going in from the bottom. Pull the door seal trim away so it's out of the way. If I left it open inthe rear tilt-up position and forgot to close it and it rained, would there be drainholes for the water to get out?My old '89 mustang had drains holes that led to tubes than ran down to the bottomof the car. Go to this message thread and start reading: See if this helps with visualizing where the drains are. At first they told me they couldn't work on it per Ford Council due to my BBB claim. All they do to fix the problem is get a can of compressed air & blow the tube out. Mine was full of water. If Ford leaves you out in the cold, just get a replacement moonroof from a junkyard based in a rust free portion of the US. Happened to my 08 Fusion. I've had a Cougar and a Mustang with a Moonroof. A few weeks later I noticed that on the drivers side near the sun visor there was water leaking on to my jeans. I was told some times the tube running down the A Pillar can have a kink or slight bend in it. I have the same issue but no idea how the water gets from the cowl drain into the vehicle. Ford fusion moon roof drain clogged - Fixya Finally, confirm if the glass is tightly sealed to the body. I had to have a 3rd windshield and then it was fixed. Location; Windshield: Feb 2023: Malta, NY: Windshield: Feb 2023: HEMPSTEAD, NY . Be sur. If the water still does not drain out, use a piece of flexible wire to snake it down the drain hole to dislodge the debris. Its free and only takes a minute, Return to Maintenance / Care / TSB's / Recalls, Powered by phpBB Forum Software phpBB Limited. Used a kitchen syringe to squirt water down into the drain holes. I should have only poured a tiny bit. The #1 Ford Explorer enthusiast resource for over 25 years! Insert Panel Drain Hose - Ford (5F9Z-7401523-AA) 2005-2019 Ford Insert Panel Drain Hose 5F9Z-7401523-AA | TascaParts.com . I intend to go back and use a screwdriver to make a bend in the sheetmetal seam and create a more deliberate drain gap. I really hope that this fixes the problem. With no luck rooting out the drain on mine I dropped the front of the headliner on the curbside and found the drain tube had slipped off the fitting on the moonroof frame allowing water directly into the A pillar. I spoke with the dealer today and he said he thinks the sunroof drains are clogged. Began in 2015 as a leak only when going through a car wash. No solution yet. Pour another small amount of water down the drain once it is unclogged to rinse it out. Did you make this project? Water was draining fast so I it is either unclogged or I have another problem. We will see next time it rains. PDF TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN 19-2345 Water Leaking On Right Front Floor How to fix the sunroof on a Ford Fusion Pull down the fuse panel under the steering wheel to open it. I have a leak under my passenger seat and think that might be the issue. WE ARE CONSULTING ATTORNEY FOR, NEXT STEP - LEMON LAW OR DEALER REPLACEMENT. It runs well and the bells and whistles are great. So the majority of people are fine. View All Result. Find wheels, tires, body panels, brakes, engine components, exhaust systems, shock absorbers, struts, electrical products, fluids, chemicals, lubricants, filters and more. Best recourse is to take it to your dealer and have them diagnose it. The sunroofs drain into containers that are glued (butyl) or riveted to the ends of the tracks. You can post now and register later. After 3 days of rain and 2 trips to the dealership, we discovered that the windshield was loose. Contact your local Ford, Lincoln or Mercury dealer for details and a copy of the limited warranty. Apparently Fordspot welds the seams, then apply a sealer which had failed. This is the drain. Your previous content has been restored. Livid isnt a strong enough word. Tools/Supplies Needed: -soft wire or trimmer cord In that case the water drains out from seams between the fender sheetmetal just behind the front wheel well. If you live in a treed area, it can happen more often as there is larger particles floating around in the air which would eventually plug the drains. My 2012 Fusion has a water leak when it rains, leaving standing water in both sides of the back seat floorboard. leaking moonroof gasket 2015 Taurus | Ford Forums You cannot paste images directly. After doing that I was able to diagnose and fix the problem fairly quickly. Using the fuse pullers provided, remove the sunroof fuse from the fuse box. Howdy Super Duty Fans! I really think their final push was what brought resolution to my situation. Then, have the drain hose pipes inspected for any water overloading issues, making sure there is no blockage in the drain. Cycle the ignition to the OFF position and then back to the ON position. Reactions: Robert Knickerbocker, . by Adria719 Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:43 pm, Post Much better car. 1. I would recommend it for sure. Where is the ac drain located on a 2016 Fusion? Water leak in 2012 Fusion - Interior - Ford Fusion Forum It was a total then. Ford fusion moon roof drain clogged. The moonroof gasket on my 2015 Taurus leaks in a heavy rain. Friday, February 24, 2023. Contact Us - Sunroof or windshield leak? | SHO Forum Leaking rain water wets front passenger carpet - Ford Taurus 2018 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T AWD. the driver's side carpet is wet. Should be an easy fix, the reason for the wait is because they probably have another company come out for water leaks. I do see the 4 drain hoses. If you have a sunroof/moonroof, roll it back, and look in the driver front corner, should be a little opening that leads to the drain line. I keep getting a message that the board attachment quota has been reached. by Adria719 Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:25 pm, Post Thanks! 5 posts Page 1 of 1. skbblueeyes Posts: 1 Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:05 pm. This car was put away for the winters and it was like new. Something went wrong but the dealer and Ford engineer can't seem to figure out what. The other possibility - IMO - is leak around the windshield Could also be the roof seam near the edge near the windshield. A MAJOR FLAW HOWEVER, IN THE STRUCTURAL DESIGN OF MOONROOF. Your cars sunroof drains should be cleaned regularly. Members can start their own topics & subscribe to topics Paste as plain text instead, If you pull the driver side inner wheel well you should see a rubber grommet on the firewall that has most likely deteriorated. The Ford Fusion Forumis not affiliated with, sponsored, endorsed, licensed or approved by Ford Motor Company. LEAKING THRU SUNVISOR. Take the vehicle to a professional service provider if you continue to have problems with the sunroof. Photo credit to Nick. If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordFusion.net! If this happens to you - caution them to be careful with greasy boots and hands on the. I later realized that the problem is with where the car was packed - directly under the nozzle exit of a house roof rain collecting pipe. NOTE: Complete the following within 5 seconds: A. Todays "roofs" have become a very complex system all to their own. I know our dealership does, just because those people specialize in water leaks on cars. If you stand up through the sunroof and look in the corner (you may have to push down the wind guard) you should see a hole in the side. Location: Land of Oz Vehicle: 2012 Flex SE FWD. Sunroof Leak Fix - pics of process - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums I have a 2009 Ford Fusion and mine just stared leaking, at least I'm assuming that's what it is. The rears may drain under the rear bumper or the top of the rear hatch jamb area. Replace with a fuse of the same amperage if it is. JavaScript is disabled. It wasn't their fault. Ford Fusion Moonroof Leak & Rust Problem - Piston Slap 2010 ford fusion sunroof is stuck open in vent position, 2006 Five Hundred, AWD, Limited. FACTORY installed sun roof have gutters, I finally got around to doing some investigating. . "Jim Warman" wrote in message news:TvTnm.43630$PH1.35313@edtnps82 "Fred" wrote in message. jerseyfusion, So I don't know if it ever had that problem again, but I have not had a problem with the 08. I have the hybrid fully loaded and my moonroof began leaking down the side. Gotten progressively worse. That's right - FABRIC. Pasted as rich text. by alancrosby Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:42 pm. In this article, we consider the first-generation Ford Fusion (US) after facelift, produced from 2010 to 2012. I've had a Depstech Wireless Endoscope for a while now, but never got around to using it yet. Not a big deal considering it was raining IN MY CAR- but a pain none the less. Update: I posted this back in December. The dealership was smart enough to avoid a lawsuit by letting him get another car at a great discount. Will study it more tomorrow, when I can stand it. It's never a bunch only a couple dropsI'm taking it to the dealership to be checked for a leak next time I get an oil changenot sure what the deal is but its frustrating on such a new car! Guess that rough stretch of I-40 I was griping about shook it off! These should be self-evident and located in the front and rear corners of the sunroof area. Sunroof Leak | Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum Water is coming in under the dashboard on the driver's side, apparently on the left side next to the door. There may be a TSB on this. When I poured water, the leak got bad , fast. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that all works out well. If the drains become clogged, it can make your interior smell musty and eventually create a major problem. If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordFlex.net! ok, I cant find a picture, but if you stick your head under the passenger side dash below the glove box and look right where the heater box meets the firewall of the engine bay (you will need to move floormat and maybe even pull edge of carpet back a bit) you will see a plastic tube that comes from that lower edge of the heater case and goes through the engine bay firewall. Does anyone know where the rear pipes run to and the route it takes? I will never buy a car with a sunroof as they are useless and I have a rack and basket for camping and kayak. #1 sunroof leaks been taken back to dealership three times they have not fixed problem,now when i go to automatic car wash it leaks also which never did before,leaks when it rains texasesApril 23, 2020, 6:56pm #2 Find the contact information in your owners manual for Ford, elevate the problem. Howdy Super Duty Fans! Eventually I opened up a seam gap and the water drained out. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. But I don't know about this one because I see no mention in the manual andI can't see any obvious drain holes.Obviously no drain holes would work if I left it in the full slide-open position.It would benice if one of Ford's better ideas was to put in a rain sensor to close it if it rains. Advertising - 2013 Ford Fusion Parts & Accessories | FordParts.com I had wet carpet in the front and rear floor area under the mats on the driver side. carpet and headliner etc. Turn the ignition to the ON position. It is normal to have water drip in the the tracks when it rains. The Fusion is equipped with a moonroof but I've had the drains cleaned and even went as far as pouring water down the drain tube that runs along that part of the car and it stayed dry inside, I thought it might have been the corner of the windshield but after using some heaving duty caulking along the top of the windshield it's still getting wet GUESS WHAT - STILL LEAKING THRU SUNVISOR AND SIDE, DOOR/WINDSHIELD FRAME UPHOLSTERY. Test the flow of each drain by pouring a small amount of water (about cup) down the openings of the drain where they are located near the sunroof. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. It has a sunroof. by TwoTone Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:52 am, Post Let us know how you make out and good luck. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account. Cleaning out the Sunroof/Vista Roof drains, Re: Cleaning out the Sunroof/Vista Roof drains. Ultimately, if anyone else has this problem it may be a great help. Question Where do these front tubes exit the vehicle? Gone are the days when you lift a lever in the rear and pop up the glass. BUILT UP AROUND DRIP TRAY. There is a spring loaded deflector plate spanning the the width of the sunroof. Genuine Ford Accessories will be warranted for whichever provides you the greatest benefit: 12 months or 12,000 miles (whichever occurs first) or the remainder of your Bumper-to-Bumper 3-year/36,000-mile New Vehicles Warranty. Your clear instructions are just what I need to get it sorted. I binged and got some instructions on using a thin wire to through the drain which is likely clogged. Examine the sunroof track. . I took it to Nu-Look auto in Haymarket, VA. Feed the wire or cord in until it comes out the other side if you have a viewable drain exit. THIS TIME A SUPERVISOR CONFIRMED THE LEAK. This thread is archived. (must have been dirty glasses) Should have typed 3/8" I.D. Some 2016-2017 edge/mkx, 2017 continental, and 2017 fusion/mkz vehicles equipped with a 2.7l or 3.0l gasoline turbocharged direct injection (gtdi) engine and built on 1-apr-2016 and through 1-jan-2017 may exhibit white or blue smoke from th. Understand the principle, anyone mind sharing the actual locations? Thanks for these tips. Anyone know what the problem is or how to fix? How to Unclog a Sunroof Drain (VIDEO) - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums by kanajana Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:32 pm, Post By I never had to worry if I didn't close the roof as any water would drainaway. Stick with it. This is the plastic piece that ususally breaks. 2007 Fusion sunroof - Ford Fusion Forums If the problem persists, there may have been a drain you missed, a faulty seal, or faulty drain. When broken, it does not pull the drain to the proper location, allowing the water to drain in the car. Problem solved. Are there sun roof drains on '08 fusion? - Google Groups In my case all the sunroof drain water was being forced down a single drain tube (driver's side, front). a few days ago. They're replacing the glass (I assume it comes already attached to the seal) as soon as it comes in. Any photos would be greatly appreciated. 4 years ago How to Clean Out the Sunroof Drain Holes | It Still Runs Opened the sunroof and located the 2 drain holes along the front edge of the sunroof drain pan (other posts here say there are 4 drain tubes- the 2 front drains are easily accessible- I did not look for the rear ones). Poured 2 gallons of water over the windshield and let it drain down thru the airbox intake (cowl). I think we need more of the back story on the Hot pinkness? All site content Copyright 2007-var year=new Date(); year=year.getYear(); if (year<1900) year+=1900; document.write(year); FordFlex.net FordFlex.net is in no way affiliated with Ford Motor Company. There was a spot where the sealer had not been applied correctly at the factory. These drains are normally feed through the roof pillars and exit somewhere underneath the vehicle. by stephanieinohio Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:12 pm, You need to be a member in order to post a reply, Not a member? The "2010 ford fusion sunroof repair kit" is a product that can be used to fix the problem of a broken or [] No Result. Front Sliding Glass Panel. I took off the cowl cover and poked all the drain holes I could findwith a coat hanger, which may have helped some but it still leaks. Let it dry following the liquid tape manufacturer's directions. Please register or login to enable Dark Mode. When cleaning the drain, its also a great idea to ensure there is no debris around the sunroof area which could worsen the clog or cause another clog. A SMALL PIECE OF CRIMPED HOSE IN THE DRAIN WAS REPLACED. BEWARE FUSION OWNERS W/MOON. register to join our community Clear editor. It is indeed leaking down the left (driver's) side, from the corner up behind the dash. This should let out some of the trapped water and debris that is stuck in the drain. Upload or insert images from URL. Ive already determined which drain is leaking and normally that can be done by having an idea where the water is leaking or gathering. BEGAN LEAKING THRU SUN VISOR IN NOV. BROUGHT IN FOR SERVICE. You can post now and register later. I don't even WANT the Moonroof but I've got to buy it as it's packaged with the SONY Stereo. For a Very Very few, Well its just Bad Luck. I do like the Fusion. Where is the ac drain located on a 2016 Fusion? Passenger - JustAnswer How would i unclogg the drain from the moon roof if that is the problem? . Wonderful, The car I'm looking to pick up this weekend has the Sun and sync package. The motor did not need to be replaced but everything had to be pulled out to remove and replace that fabric tape and the moonroof parts etc. Consult a workshop manual for your specific model. Ford Fusion Forums - General Topics. Stay up to date with my latest tutorials, don't forget to FOLLOW my profile and be sure to check out my YOUTUBE page as well for all your DIY needs. 5. When the sunroof pan fills up, or if you deliberately plug the drain holes, the water has nowhere to go and will certainly (if only slowly) drain into the cabin. With the amount of electrical and electronic components in a cars cabin today, I dont fool around with water leaks. 5 years ago. 2015 Ford Fusion AC drain location. I have the PC cleaning cans of air. After Irene passed I found one inch of rain water sloshing around the floor in front of the front passenger's seat. The front floorboard does not get wet. Thoughts? i think it is from the sunroof not draining properly so I'm . I'm not sure how to get closer to it without taking out at least part of the dash. I've done this today as i suspected blocked sunroof drains. I hope this helps some of you. Re-calibrate sunroof/moonroof on 2015 model? - 2013+ Ford Escape Forum NOTE: The driver front door must be open during the entire procedure. I have a 2012 ford escape. Plus, I do park under trees.Your video was easy to follow, and what a great suggestion - using plastic trimmer wire. Reply I only found the A section wet twice, which was after really heavy rain and the car was on an angle so it couldn't drain through the rear drainage tubes. Cookie Policy - Piston Slap: A Fusion of Moonroof Drainage Problems?