Required fields are marked *. What is the first historical event that happened in your lifetime that you remember? } 2022 U.S. Senate Elections 2022 U.S. House Elections Mayra Flores (R) defeated Dan Sanchez (D), Rene Coronado (D), and Juana Cantu-Cabrera (R) in a special general election for Texas' 34th Congressional District on June 14, 2022. width: 50%; ". My first was as a photographer and working at a movie theater selling tickets. 52.38%. Preliminary Election Reconciliation - Official Totals Report Democratic Party, Preliminary Election Reconciliation - Official Totals Report Republican Party - Amended, Preliminary Election Reconciliation - Official Totals Report Republican Party, ________________________________________________________________________________________________________, Preliminary Election Reconciliation - Unofficial Totals Report Democratic Party, Preliminary Election Reconciliation - Unofficial Totals Report Republican Party, Ballot Board: Democratic Party Provisional Report, Ballot Board: Republican Party Provisional Report, Click on the Icon Below, to See your Sample Ballot, Early Voting Starts on February 14, 2022 to February 25, 2022. If you are not a current representative, are there certain committees that you would want to be a part of? If you can breathe in air then you have constitutional rights that need to be respected. Fifteen candidates each filed to run in the 15th and 30th Districts, more than any other. The Oscars will air on ABC and can be streamed on ABC.com and the ABC app as well as Hulu + Live TV, YouTube TV, AT&T TV or FuboTV. .leg-hnt-hide { break-inside: avoid-column; .votebox { My goal is to RETURN THE POWER TO THE PEOPLE! Monday, February 14, 2022 . Weslaco resident Hector Monita decided to vote right after work in Edinburg and chose the UTRGV polling location at the Student Academic Center on the Edinburg campus, which experienced about a 30- to 40-minute wait time at around 6 p.m. I wanted to get in on time, so I figured that the university would have a little bit of a faster process, Monita said. .panel-body { (i) The early voting clerk for a primary election or the general election for state and county officers shall submit to the secretary of states Internet website information describe by Subsections (g) and (h). day a person may register to vote in the May 1, 2021 Election. margin: 8px auto; } the Hidalgo County Elections Department. I retired from the US Army Reserve in September 2013. .results_row td:first-child { My goal is to return and restore our government and our country back to the Peoples that this Land belongs too, including Native Americans, the Hispanic Peoples of America, and All Peoples of This Great Land! He graduated with a bachelor's degree from Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi and has a MA in Human Resource Management from Webster University. What characteristics or principles are most important for an elected official? Proudly powered by WordPress .outer_percentage { We will all end up getting this. Ballotpedia asks all federal, state, and local candidates to complete a survey and share what motivates them on political and personal levels. Yes. font-size: 90%; Incumbents are bolded and underlined. They opened it after my grandfather came back from WW2. To read this candidate's full survey responses, click here. Mexicans living in US territories are declared citizens in the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo, but are often discouraged from voting. Updated 8:00 a.m. Nov. 9 Harris County Judge Lina Hidalgo appears to have held off the Republican candidate Alexandra del Moral Mealer, leading by 15,311 votes with 774 out of 782 Election Day . MARCH 1, 2022 PRIMARY ELECTIONS. .mw-body #mw-content-text .votebox .race_header h5.votebox-header-election-type { I have applied for a position on the ballet to fill Congressman Filemon Velas unfinished term thru January 2023. Fatima Gamez Lopez/ The Rider Photos, Supporters of Monica De La Cruz, Republican candidate for U.S. Congressional District 15, socialize during tonights election watch party at the Radisson Hotel in McAllen. * According to the FEC, "Receipts are anything of value (money, goods, services or property) received by a political committee." Viernes, 7 de enero 8:00 AM 6:00 PM We the people run the government, not the government running the people. .non_result_row div { Registration forms are available at City Hall or at the Hidalgo County Voter Registrar's Office (318-2570) in Edinburg. I was commissioned an Officer in the US Army in May 1997. To View LiveStream please click on the link: Sec. Alexandra del Moral Mealer pushed incumbent Lina Hidalgo to the . We need reform and we need to control these borders to also ensure that communicable diseases dont come through as they currently do at this time. Gonzalez currently serves as U.S. District 15 representative; however, due to redistricting, he ran for the District 34 seat. This section contains data on U.S. House primary election competitiveness in Texas. column-count: auto; The greatest challenge to America in the next decade is to return and restore America to it's People. Click on the links below for summaries of the event: This section lists noteworthy endorsements issued in this election, including those made by high-profile individuals and organizations, cross-party endorsements, and endorsements made by newspaper editorial boards. } } and Event Center . LIVESTREAM Election Calendar Dates Reconciliation - Official Totals Reconciliation - Unofficial Totals Provisional Status Report by Ballot Board City of Palmhurst Special Election Results What was the last song that got stuck in your head? document.getElementById('leg-hnt-content64038bc86d9d3').classList.add('leg-hnt-hide'); in political science and government from St. Mary's University in 1995 and a law degree from the University of Texas School of Law in 1998. County Commissioner At Large Position 1 - Hidalgo . I joined in January 1991, the month the First Gulf War started. Is there a story that youve heard that you found particularly touching, memorable, or impactful? .votebox-scroll-container { padding-right: 62px; AOC campaigns for South Texas candidate, Abbott fires back Early. 2022 Updated: 5:24 PM CST November 9, 2022 . .census-table-section-header { The rosters areunofficial and are subject to change. This will allow the file to be downloaded and saved without the need to load and display all information through the web browser. The . I will run a virtual campaign, but I will also meet every resident I can and ask for their support and vote directly. height: 50px; height: auto; ltimo da para postular para un lugar en la boleta, eleccin general local. .mw-content-ltr td.votebox-results-cell--text, Please list below 3 key messages of your campaign. position: relative; .votebox-covid-disclaimer { }, 100); } } SECURITY OF VOTED BALLOTS. He served as an Officer in the US Army from 1991 thru 2013. @media screen and (max-width: 350px) { height: 22px; (b) For each person listed, the applicable roster must include: (1) the persons name, address, and voter registration number; (2) an identification of the persons county election precinct of registration; and (3) the date of voting or the date the ballot was mailed to the person, as applicable. font-size: 80%; EARLY VOTING POLLING LOCATIONS DATES AND TIMES (1 DE MARZO DE 2022 ELECCIONES PRIMARIAS . The timeline is updated regularly as polling, debates, and other noteworthy events occur. Sanchez said he is running for Congress to "finish Congressman Filemon Velas term because South Texas deserves a representative who will focus on what matters: lower costs, affordable healthcare, safe communities, and a secure retirement., Sanchez said the district needs someone who can serve the rest of Velas term without missing a beat.. .inner_percentage.Libertarian { } I am the only candidate running that is pro-womens health rights.About me: The election for places 5, 6, and 7 shall be held in 2022, 2025, 2028, and in three-year intervals thereafter. SEE LATEST UPDATES IN OUR LIVE BLOG Early voting results showed Hidalgo ahead by 70 percent, that is, more than 62,000 votes for the Democratic nominees. .census-table-container { font-size: 16px; The next election for Hidalgo County Judge will take place in November 2022. They are frustrated that the culture of independence and prosperity is being depleted and not enhanced. column-gap: 1em; overflow: hidden; } Lina Hidalgo (@LinaHidalgoTX) February 15, 2022 Secretary of State John Scott, who was appointed to serve as the state's chief election officer by Abbott in October, told the Associated. Lunes, 10 de enero 8:00 AM 6:00 PM Living in South Texas offers a unique perspective on illegal immigration and how it affects the livelihood of American citizens. Texas Governor Greg Abbott on Monday called for an investigation into "widespread problems" with Harris County elections last week. !function(){"use strict";window.addEventListener("message",(function(e){if(void 0!==e.data["datawrapper-height"]){var t=document.querySelectorAll("iframe");for(var a in e.data["datawrapper-height"])for(var r=0;r .mw-body #mw-content-text .votebox .race_header h3.votebox-header-office-name { I believe I am ready to continue my service as your Congressman until the regular election set for November 2022. } It should NOT be a lifetime career for anyone. I have worked as an NP to provide care to undocumented immigrants for 12 years at Port Isabel Detention Center Homeland Security through a contracting agency. Submitted Biography: "Coronado was born in Corpus Christi, Texas. It has been an honor to serve the people of Hidalgo County, said Cortez in a statement. margin-top: 5px; She is a proud U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) wife and a mother, fighting for a better future for the children of South Texas.". What qualities does the U.S. House of Representatives possess that makes it unique as an institution? complete the Ballotpedia Candidate Connection Survey. My parents and my siblings graduated from Mercedes. HOUSTON - Five months before the next big election, Harris County has selected a new elections administrator. padding-left: 0; width: 100%; Melissa Phillip/Staff Photographer For all US elections: Step 1: Download the National Voter Registration Application . On June 6, the House Majority Political Action Committee released an ad opposing Flores. font-size: 20px; Congressional District 15 encompasses all of Brooks, Duval, Jim Hogg, Karnes and Live Oak counties as well as large parts of Hidalgo and Guadalupe counties and a small portion of Wilson County. Unless . ** According to the FEC, a disbursement "is a purchase, payment, distribution, loan, advance, deposit or gift of money or anything of value to influence a federal election," plus other kinds of payments not made to influence a federal election. Sbado, 15 de enero 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Please note that this list is not exhaustive. font-weight: bold; If you are aware of other satellite ads that should be included, please email us. In ancient Rome, elections were held annually for most positions. } overflow-x: scroll; background-color: #D9D9D9; [3], Flores worked as a respiratory care practitioner, and she served as the Hidalgo County GOP Hispanic Outreach Chair. What a successful, fun day in the great City of Mission! background-color: #003388; @media only screen and (max-width: 600px) { Step 2: Print page 4; make sure to include your social security number on the application. letter-spacing: .04em; . As of March 4, 2023, 17 special elections have been called during the 117th Congress. text-align: left; overflow-y: auto; } .census-table-census-item { font-weight: 100; font-size: 12px; Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. She came legally to the United States at six years old with the help of her father. - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more. She is eternally grateful to her parents for providing her with an opportunity to come to this amazing country to live the American Dream. This was the same number as 2012, the previous post-redistricting cycle, and 2020. } Harris County Judge Lina Hidalgo didn't mince words in response to Jim "Mattress Mack" McIngvale's recent decision to sue the county for access to records in relation to its November 2022 elections. background-color: #6db24f; Harris County Judge Lina Hidalgo greets people in line outside West Grey Multi-Service Center, 1475 W Gray St., on Election Day Tuesday, Nov. 8, 2022, in Houston. - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more. } Unofficial results for county, state and federal general election races have been released in Hidalgo County, including the highly contested Congressional District 15 seat. I am not a diehard fan of some of the GOPs platforms but I am proud to represent the Party. People should serve for up to six terms, and then term limits should require them to return back to private life. font-size: 2em; letter-spacing: 0.03em; 40th Annual Election Law Seminar for County Election Officials (2022) Preparing for the November Election (Calendar Overview) (PDF) Demystifying Risk-limiting Audits (PDF) About the Secretary of State's Office (PDF) Elections 101 (PDF) Secretary of State Updates (PDF) Limited Ballots and Provisional Voting Which and When? I am new to GOP. The numbers in this section are updated as candidates file new campaign finance reports. Rene Coronado (D), Juana Cantu-Cabrera (R), and Mayra Flores (R) completed Ballotpedia's Candidate Connection survey. If you could be any fictional character, who would you want to be? Welcome to the August 10, 2022 City of Palmhurst Special Election page. The table below details filing requirements for U.S. House candidates in Texas in the 2022 election cycle. font-weight: 200; She is a Pro-Life, Pro-Second Amendment, and Pro-Law Enforcement candidate that wants to earn your vote. Fatima Gamez Lopez/The Rider Photos, Voters line up to cast a ballot Tuesday night in the Student Academic Center on the Edinburg campus. font-size: 110%; (k) The secretary of state shall create a system for an early voting clerk for a primary election or the general election for state and county officers to provide the information to the secretary of state for posting on the secretary of states Internet website under Subsection (i). Nine Democrats and six Republicans filed in the 30th. padding-left: 10px; padding-bottom: 3px; max-width: 600px; padding-left: 0; Incumbent Filemon Vela advanced from the Democratic primary for U.S. House Texas District 34 on March 6, 2018. HIDALGO COUNTY, Texas (ValleyCentral) The first day of early voting is complete for the March 2022 primary election. He served as a Veterans Field Representative for the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) of the House in the 27th Congressional District of Texas from 2013-15. There were no incumbents in this race. .results_table_container { Corrupt Harris County Judge Lina Hidalgo 'won' her reelection by nearly 16,000 votes against a popular Republican opponent. Do you believe that it's beneficial for representatives to have previous experience in government or politics? It should be a short term duty for those who serve in it. Election Day is Wednesday, August 10, 2022. display: flex; Election Day is Tuesday, May 24, 2022. This table may not represent the actual total amount spent by satellite groups in the election. Ballots Cast 714,754 Registered Voters 1,364,559. if (document.getElementById('leg-hnt-content64038bc86d9d3').classList.contains('leg-hnt-hide')) { I love America. display: flex;
   .placeholder {} 		.votebox { This made Texas' 34th the 137th most Democratic district nationally.[31]. Cortez added that hes been thrilled by the unity hes seen in the community during the COVID-19 pandemic.        width: 100%; The following analysis covers all U.S. House districts up for election in Texas in 2022. On Friday, Hidalgo County Judge Richard Cortez announced he will run for another term. In the 2020 General Election, early voting in Hidalgo County saw a total of 188,377 votes. a[aria-expanded=true] .fa-chevron-right { Garza garnered 3,013,534 votes. Statewide, Patrick leads with 3,532,844 votes, with Collier following behind at 2,734,142 votes and Steele with 159,520. Greetings.  I humbly ask for your vote on June 14, 2022. clearInterval(nTimer); He worked as a Veterans Advocate at Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi, and as a Sheriff Deputy at Williamson County from 2017 thru 2021. Garcia-Hidalgo has started Americano Media, and told Newsweek that he has raised more than $20 million to date. Flores said the election would "set the tone for the entire nation in the upcoming midterms" and that South Texas is ready for true conservative leadership in office.[5], The special election was held under previous district lines in which Pres. DISTRICT on the 6th day of May 2023 ("Election Day"), which is a uniform election date under the Texas Election Code and is 78 or more days from the date of the adoption of this order (the "Order"), for the purpose of submitting the following propositions to the qualified voters of the District: Proposition A 	.mw-body #mw-content-text th.votebox-results-cell--text { First Date to File for Place on General Election Ballot: January 13, 2021 Last Day to File for Place on General Election Ballot: February 12, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. . Return the Land Back to the People, and Return the Power to the People. Due to the large size of the roster files, it is recommended to right click the roster link and then select Save Target As as opposed to opening the file with a left mouse click. Do you believe that compromise is necessary or desirable for policymaking? In the end, they mostly fell short. Martes, 18 de enero     7:00 AM  7:00 PM. Conforme a seccion 52.008 de el Codigo de Eleccion de la ley de Texas, las boletas de muestra solatemente pueden ser imprimidas en color amarillo. } 4 Different deadlines apply to the last day to receive ballots sent by the following: 1) non-military and military voters who mailed ballots from overseas and submitted a regular state Application for Ballot By Mail ("ABBM"), 2) non-military voters who mailed ballots from overseas and who submitted a Federal Postcard Application ("FPCA"), and (3)  .quote-icons { bottom: 2px Tuesday, January 18th    7:00 AM  7:00 PM, HORARIO: 	} No polls were available for this election. 	.race_header { 		column-rule: 1px solid #aaa; 2022 General Election & Local Entities Election, 2021 Constitutional Amendment and Local Entities Elections, Nov. 6, 2018 General and Entities Elections, 2023 Commissioner's Court Meetings Calendar. border-radius: 50%; 	}  - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more. 	} Viernes, 14 de enero     8:00 AM  6:00 PM Zero Sum Campaign - No signs, billboards, posters, flyers, NO WASTE!        text-align: center; Hidalgo County represents immeasurable potential, but we must work together to adopt a regional strategy and create a unified vision to achieve our full potential, said Cortez. 2022 General November 8, 2022. 	} Wednesday January 12th  8:00 AM  6:00 PM Thursday January 13th    8:00 AM  6:00 PM 		background: #4c4c4c; Heading into the 2022 elections, based on results from the 2020 and 2016 presidential elections, the Cook Partisan Voter Index for this district was D+9. Follow This . Republican Abbott won reelection, defeating Democratic challenger Beto ORourke. 	} Prevention of abuses, violent acts and sexual assaults are a component that I want to bring back to the table. 		text-align: center; Special elections to the 117th Congress, 2021-2022, Ballotpedia's Candidate Connection survey, House Majority Political Action Committee, Click to expand a timeline of earlier election updates. 3 years. 	}    } {{row.Answer_Votes}} ( {{row.tsp_result_percent}} % ), Hidalgo County midterm election unofficial results, https://results.enr.clarityelections.com/TX/Hidalgo/115902/web.307039/#/summary, Cameron County midterm election unofficial results, Mariachi festival showcases present, future of the genre. 		background-color: #dac113; Her parents and grandparents raised her with strong conservative values and to always put God and family first. My grandmother, Lupita Mejia Cantu, with a 2nd grade education kept the Mer-Tex going after my grandfather died in 1979. I was not born here but I am from here. SCHEDULE I do NOT expect anything in return for doing what is right and doing my duty.  display: flex;        background-color: #f0a236; if (typeof $  !=  'undefined') { Website design and development by, City of Mission June 11, 2022 Runoff Election Official Canvass Report, City of Mission May 07, 2022 Official Canvass Report, Order Calling Signature Verification Committee, May 7, 2022 General Election Sample Ballot, May 7, 2022 Declared List of Write in Candidates, April 18, 2022  Logic and Accuracy Testing, Jose Guadalupe Vargas Write-in Application, Notice of Ballot Drawing for May 7, 2022 Election, Application for Place on City of Mission General Election Ballot, Campaign Finance Report / Treasurer Appointment, Victor Anzaldua  January 2023 Semi Annual, Norie Gonzalez Garza  January 2023 Semi Annual, Norie Gonzalez Garza  July 2022 Semi-Annual, Norie Gonzalez Garza  April 29, 2022 (8 days before election day), Norberto Salinas  April 29, 2022 (8 days before election day), Jessica Ortega  April 29, 2022 (8 days before election day), Joe Vargas  April 29, 2022 (8 days before election day), Javier Ramon  April 29, 2022 (8 days before election day), Noel Salinas  April 29, 2022 (8 days before election day), Abiel Flores  April 29, 2022 (8 days before election day), Moises Iglesias  April 29, 2022 (8 days before election day), Armando Ocana  April 29, 2022 (8 days before election day), Victor Anzaldua  April 29, 2022 (8 days before election day), Jose Vargas (30 days before election day), Norberto Salinas  April 7, 2022 (30 days before election day), Norie Gonzalez Garza  April 7, 2022 (30 days before election day), Noel Salinas  April 7, 2022 (30 days before election day), Javier Ramon  April 7, 2022 (30 days before election day), Jessica Ortega  April 7, 2022 (30 days before election day), Abiel Flores  April 7, 2022 (30 days before election day), Victor Anzaldua  April 7, 2022 (30 days before election day), Moises Iglesias  April 7, 2022 (30 days before election day), Armando Ocana  April 7, 2022 (30 days before election day), Victor Anzaldua Appointment of Campaign Treasurer, Noel Salinas Appointment of Campaign Treasurer, Javier Ramon Appointment of Campaign Treasurer, Jose Guadalupe Vargas Appointment of Campaign Treasurer, Norberto Salinas Amendment Appointment of Campaign Treasurer, Abiel Flores Appointment of Campaign Treasurer, Moises Iglesias Appointment of Campaign Treasurer, Noralinda Garza January 2022 Semi-Annual, Jessica Ortega Amended Appointment of Campaign Treasurer, Jessica Ortega Ochoa January 2019 Semi Annual, Norberto Salinas January 2019 Semi Annual, Armando Ocana Amended Campaign Treasurer, Jessica Ortega Ochoa Amended Campaign Treasurer, Noralinda Garza Amended Campaign Treasurer, Armando Ocana April 5, 2018 (30 days before election day), Gus Martinez April 5, 2018 (30 days before election day), Henry Rodriguez April 5, 2028 (30 days before election day), Julian Gonzalez April 5, 2018 (30 days before election day), John Guerra April 5, 2018 (30 days before election day), Jaime Gutierrez April 5, 2018 (30 days before election day), Jessica Ortega Ochoa April 5, 2018 (30 days before election day), Noralinda Garza April 5, 2018 (30 days before election day), Norberto Salinas April 5, 2018 (30 days before election day), Armando Ocana April, 27, 2018 (8 days before election day), Gus Martinez April 27, 2018 (8 days before election day), Henry Rodriguez April 27, 2018 (8 days before election day), Julian Gonzalez April 27, 2018 (8 days before election day), John Guerra April 27, 2018 (8 days before election day), Jaime Gutierrez April 27, 2018 (8 days before election day), Jessica Ortega Ochoa April 27, 2018 (8 days before election day), Noralinda Garza April 27, 2018 (8 days before election day), Norberto Salinas April 27, 2018 (8 days before election day), Resolution 1652 Postponing May 2020 Election, Ordinance 4928 Canceling November 3, 2020 General Election, General Election Notice of Deadline to File, General Election Notice of Drawing for Place on Ballot, Special Election Notice of Deadline to File, Special Election Notice of Drawing for Place on Ballot, May 5, 2018 Canvass Report General/Special Election, Runoff Election Notice of Drawing for Place on Ballot, Logic and Accuracy Testing Runoff  June 9, 2018, June 9, 2018 Runoff Early Voting & Election Day Schedule, June 9, 2018 Runoff Election Canvass Report, Notice of Deadline to File: Posted 12/27/2013, Early Voting and Election Day Schedule 2014, May 12, 2012 Election Day Polling Locations, Notice of Delivery of Early Voting Balloting Material, Early Voting Locations and Hours for May 12, 2012, Notice of Deadline to File: Posted 01/03/2012, Notice of Drawing for Election of 05/08/10, CDBG-CV Emergency Assistance Program (EAP), Mission Historical Museum Lecture Archive, CITY OF MISSION UTILITY BILLING FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS, Texan Winter Fiesta 2023