Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts. If you spot a mistake then you are welcome to fix it. Acidity of alcohols and basicity of amines, Is there a solutiuon to add special characters from software and how to do it. I've tried changing the origin port, no dice. I didn't think they were a chore or that they took too much time to deal with. Madgamer166 2 yr. ago. Went Italy first but have military access with all Axis nations. Two Ocean Navy Act Sub-branch ; This Branch gives naval technology research boosts and production cost modifiers. I don't want to restart; that'd just make me not play the game again. To move troops across water you have to first move them to a province with a Naval dock/Port, which looks like an anchor on the map. We print these paperbacks as a service so you don't have to. click on the army commander and you'll see on the left a naval invasion icon, click on that and choose the starting port, then right click on the invasion site, then wait while your units prepare, then click on the go button to start the invasion #2 BigBoss1917 Jun 14, 2016 @ 12:30pm As is the case for other ways to extend supply hub range, the increasing amount of supply drop-off as the distance from the hub (counted in provinces) increases means that any increases are likely to only be at the margins (ie, perhaps an increase of range of one province). Wont let me move soldiers to naval ports and transport them? Opening up the production interface, and selecting the Railways button, and then clicking on one of the white numbers in a black circle on a rail connection between two hubs this will place construction orders to increase the rail level between the two hubs by one level. The level of supply available in a province is made up of three different sources Hub Supply, "Aerial Supply" and State Supply. I don't think civ5 was worse off for removing them; I think people are simply very touchy about perceived "dumbing down". Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Note that trucks assigned to motorization of supply hubs, whether directly via hubs or by selection the motorization options for armies, do not consume fuel or manpower. Hope this helps. Reddit Coins 0 coins Reddit Premium Explore. on Paradox technology, Legal Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Since the release of Hoi4, players have figured out that base provinces have around 80 combat width. #8. qwe229a. This thread is archived. Hopefully Germany won't be able to wave a magic wand and invade Britain. 7. I really have no idea what I am doing wrong. It's very important to bear in mind that hub supply falloff works increases significantly for every extra province distant from the hub, port or capital - so while it is possible to extend hub range, individual changes may be relatively small, and it will often take a substantial investment to increase range enough to push it out to the next province from the hub. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. Site design / logo 2023 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under CC BY-SA. For example, if playing as Italy, I may try to land behind French lines, and the invasion goes fine, but if I click to reinforce, the default is to order the units to try to blast though the lines rather than naval transport to the captured port. Aug 3, 2016 @ 6:19pm You need naval surpremacy iirc in all the zones it would pass through. Independent Financial Advisor Payouts, By default, you can draw supply from your allies supply hubs, and your allies can draw supply from your supply hubs. All His Children has provided care for my son that has gone above and beyond our expectations. With the first naval invasion tech, you can only transport 10 units. Pushing the Caucasus all the way to Korea, the only barrier stopping the advance is the sea. Which was either introduced recently or hugely increased, Is there some kind of a penalty for occupation done by non-majors? I believe you do require Air Superiority for this to work. Hub supply is provided by the network of supply hubs, ports, railroads and convoy routes that distribute supply from your capital to your forces at the front. In The History Buff's Guide to World War II, Thomas R. Flagel leaves no stone unturned as he presents dozens of top ten lists that examine the politics, leaders, and battles of the Second World War. I tried to add one tank division and were unable to confirm invasion. You may have to delete the order, move them, bring them back, and recreate the order. Printable version; Permanent link; Page information; Ad Space Naval base. And you can only send infantry I think. In this particular instance once the naval attackers landed, I gave the army a new order to attack inland. If you are fighting in the English channel then you want to have 5-6 Battleship 2's or 3's 5-7 Battlecrusier 2's 10-12 Light cruisers. I can't figure out how to get them on a boat for sea travel from Europe to India. A fine book: meticulous, judicious, incisive. The Griffonian Empire, the bastion of monarchy and reactionary ideology in the Griffonian continent, had lasted for centuries. However, a level one port connect to the capital by a convoy rather than by a rail connection has a base supply capacity of 8. It only takes a minute to sign up. If control of a state is split between two countries at war with each other, the amount of state supply will be split in two. If you have armoured trains available in your inventory, they will automatically be used before other train types. So, I went back to the first save I have for this game -- no luck, can't move troops still. After motorization, increasing the level of the rail connection is the next most powerful and often (but it depends on how far the supply hub is from your capital by rail) the next quickest. I've been trying to invade Iceland and Greenland for about 8 in-game months now, with small contingents. Why this invasion is not being executed? There are significant penalties for being out of supply to a range of unit characteristics. Arqade is a question and answer site for passionate videogamers on all platforms. Supply hubs provide supply to each province based on a number of factors, the most important of which is the number of provinces between the province being supplied and the supply hub, with this being modified by the level of the rail connection to the supply hub from the capital, the level of infrastructure, terrain, and the weather. The longstanding U.S. strategic partnership with Turkey, a powerful NATO ally, has become strained in recent years. For ports, the base capacity for ports connected via convoys increases by 3 for each level of naval base, up to an effective maximum of 35, though the amount of supply sent by convoy can never exceed the rail connection to the departure port. scatterbrain2015 2 yr. ago. Once a hub is motorized, one or two small trucks (depending on the level of motorization) will be visible as part of the supply hub icon (a green truck or trucks indicates that the hub has been directly motorized, while grey truck(s) indicates it has been motorized by a nearby army more on that below). Steps for a naval invasion: 1. All ships can transport troops ? Thanks for the answer! Never once have the troops left shore. By default, each supply hub is set to not motorized, indicated by a horse. How to show that an expression of a finite type must be one of the finitely many possible values. Is there some kind of a penalty for occupation done by non-majors? Remember all those times you told the teacher you were never going to use math? How do you get out of a corner when plotting yourself into a corner. Increasing the level of motorization of a hub or army. 5. Unit characteristics impacted by low supply, with the impact increasing as the supply state deteriorates, are: Being in a low supply state also has an impact on how quickly manpower reinforcements arrive. This can be improved by two different tiers of motorization, by clicking on the appropriate icon (see example below). That Developer of Naval Invasions enrolls brand new players (or even non-gamers) into a focus group. Transport Planes are used to stage paradrops with Paratrooper divisions. As is the case for any air mission, the mission efficiency will reduce the amount of supplies that can be provided, and efficiency can be impacted by a range of elements, including weather, the supply status of the squadron performing the mission, and the relationship between the size of the air zone and the range of the squadron. Why do small African island nations perform better than African continental nations, considering democracy and human development? #4 Quicksilver Jun 13, 2016 @ 1:05am First click the naval invasion button. Now, I can't. Hmmm. This can be further extended for Marine divisions if they are lead by a general with the Amphibious. This page includes help on how to use the command, argument explanation and examples. Most of the entries in the NAME column of the output from lsof +D /tmp do not begin with /tmp. This is accessed (using default settings) with the F4 key, or selecting the mapmode from the icon in the bottom-right corner of the screen. I am taking this from Dustinl796 [1]. For example, as per the table below, the total CIC to build a railway from nothing up to level 5 is 2,150 CIC per province (170 + 300 + 430 + 560 + 690), adjusted for any construction bonuses and infrastructure effects on construction speed. Interactive corporate website. What is the correct way to screw wall and ceiling drywalls? For naval units, being less than fully supplied impacts directly on spotting efficiency and repair speed, but it also reduces the rate of fuel received, which depending on the fuel situation can have an impact on their efficiency in combat as well. The amount of stored supply for a division can be seen towards the bottom of the tooltip that comes up when hovering over a divisions name in the Army UI element, as per the example below. One change that is indicative of the process is the removal of transport ships. Graco Extend2fit 3-in-1 Vs 4-in-1, Edit: I just loaded back to a previous save, before I had the war goal with China. They work similar to naval invasions, just their range is limited, you need air superiority to execute them, they are much faster and instead of convoys, you need enough transport planes in the local air base to bring all your paratroopers to the target location. Log In Sign Up. It explains how the Navy, in the century after 1890, was formed and reformed in the interaction of purpose, experience, and doctrine. 7. A place to share content, ask questions and/or talk about the grand strategy game Hearts of Iron IV by Paradox Development Studio. so you either have not convoys or you don tknow how to do that: Make frontline/garrison/retreat order where you need it and thats it (keep in mind you must have a prot, and the other one is that you must have all troops on a port and move them to another port. HoI4 Wiki Main Page; Recent changes; Random page; Style guidelines; Wiki support; Paradox links - Wikis - Forums - Mods - Store . If it is from the harbor of a puppet you have to call the puppet into the war. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. A level one railway connecting a hub to the capital provides 15 maximum supply from that hub, while a level one port connected to the capital by a railway also provides 15. This has the advantage of reduced micromanagement of hub motorization levels, but it can lead to fluctuating demands for troops, as the number of hubs in range of the army changes over time. All rights reserved. The level of the railway constructed will be the same as that of the level of the railway in the province that its extending from, but this can be manually adjusted down or up levels (as long as the railway hasnt been built yet) using either the construction list (the +/- buttons on the railway in the list) or on the supply map (left-click on small number (underneath the crossed hammers) on the railways under construction to increase the level, and right-click to decrease the level). Air doctrine is a technology group that allows a nation to specialize the way its air force conducts air warfare. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. Just add them to the front line in Ethiopia. If it can trace a path using convoys, other ports, and railways back to the capital, a port will be supplied by sea without needing a rail connection. I have 50 ships between the Yellow Sea and East China Sea, with 100% supremacy in both. PopePasta. Archived. Note that the full benefits of motorization will only be received if sufficient trucks are available. You can read about this technology in the naval research section. If you land in a non-port region you have three days to secure one before you run out of supply. Enough convoys to transport the troops. These trucks take attrition, which is increased in poor terrain and weather, and they can be subject to air attack from enemy aircraft assigned to the logistical strike mission. If more trucks have been assigned to support hubs than are available, then the benefits will be reduced, in proportion to the shortfall in trucks. 5. For instance, I set up an amphibious invasion plan for a port along the southern coast of China. Cannot assign divisions to naval invasion orders Steps to Reproduce . It's just a matter of making the most out of whatever forces you have in the area. In effect, state supply is applied first, hub supply applied second, and air supply accessed last. Man the Guns replaces the existing naval technology system of set, successive designs with an extensive modular system that allows players to create more highly customized individual ship classes. Valve Corporation. How to disable naval transport on an army or at least in general. 6. right when they go to the port they go right back, They are probably in an army that has an active plan (frontline etc), only happens in my captured province in the middle east. click on the army commander and you'll see on the left a naval invasion icon, click on that and choose the starting port, then right click on the invasion site, then wait while your units prepare, then click on the go button to start the invasion, Yeah, I've done that, but it still says '0/0 Convoys available for troop transport', Have you checked if you can pass the straight at Turkey? I have plenty of ships in the area required naval superiority along the route, plenty of air cover (I've already completely occupied Britain), full intelligence, the planning period is complete, etc. I must be a part of an extreme minority. All rights reserved. I am trying to do a naval invasion. How do I reinforce my landing troops?. The base amount of stored supply that a division can accumulate is 150%. Why buy a book you can download for free? Right amount of troops (controlled by your transport tech). I have no idea how to get my forces over to Europe. From the foreword. I can do it by moving a unit to a port & then selecting the port I want it to go to when there is no land connection but how do I do it when there is a land connection? hoi4 cannot transport to a non naval base sutton police station highly capable student katz centrality v's eigenvector centrality papua new guinea geography facts illinois department of employment security phone number random companies to invest in sewing machine foot control replacement sleeve bearing assembly super mario bros 1993 king koopa it is a bit confusing, your commands override the AI but as soon as it is done they get control back. Actually building railways can be done in a number of ways: Each additional level of rail will increase the size of the total amount of supply in the hub, which means the amount of supply flowing from the supply hub outwards is also increased. This book is a history of the modern U.S. Navy. I have been previously moving divisions around freely, from Japan to Korea, the Caroline islands to North China. The books are compact, tightly-bound paperback, full-size (8 1/2 by 11 inches), with large text and glossy covers. Port: Amount of supply requested of the hub, and shows paths to any ships that may be drawing Hub (but not State) supplies from the port. The other way to achieve hub motorization, is to assign it at the army level. How the fuck do I naval transport my soldiers to my own port? For special forces divisions some technologies can increase the length of supply grace. The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (more commonly "the United Kingdom," "UK", "Great Britain", or simply "Britain") was the principal power of the Allies in World War II. Aug 3, 2016 @ 6:17pm or we have no access there #7. equinox1911. Converted to per 1 million people, the scale slides from 0.3 supply per million sparsely populated states to 0.18 supply per million in very densely populated states (e.g. If you don't have enough convoys you can't launch an invasion. Keep in mind that you need military access or enough naval range to send ships that can get naval superiority. While the AI wont do this, if you want allies not to be involved on a particular front, its possible to toggle off supply for allies on a hub-by-hub basis. 2019, https://hoi4.paradoxwikis.com/index.php?title=Logistics&oldid=60516, Articles with potentially outdated sections, Play I just see a message on the 'arrow' that says 'no divisions assigned 0 transports' I have just basic Transport researched so only try assigning a max of 10 divisions but whatever I do when I try and assign to the order I just get a red 'x' under the mouse cursor. It is mid 1936, I'm not at war with anyone, and my first newly minted divisions deployed in Kyushu. The total draw on the supply capacity of a supply hub. You are using an out of date browser. You need naval surpremacy iirc in all the zones it would pass through. https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/hoi-4-players-cant-conduct-naval-invasions.1151027/#post-25265964. That wikilink posted by safe-keeper is good. Everything was working just fine, I'd select the division and right-click where I want them to go. herculoids gloop and gleep sounds No problem. Archived. With the Waking The Tiger DLC you can use them to do the Air Supply mission to supply land troops with transport planes. You must log in or register to reply here. I'm literally punching the desk out of frustration that I can't move troops from Italy down to Ethiopia to help in the war. You are using an out of date browser. They'll have to have convoys, as it says in the article. Chinese states). There is no conversion time, however, for supply hubs. So I'm playing a Hungary and have taken over Yugoslavia and mainland Greece and want to invade Crete (I am also at war with the Western allies). All rights reserved. Have the division railroad to the nearest port and then shift right click on the target port to queue naval transport option. I have no navy, and no idea how to even build a navy. Close. This book is of great historical value and even in the present day it is still considered of great value by the American military who still seek for improvements in their ways of desert doctrine Analysts continue to assess the data Why do not all troops transport during naval invasion? Aug 4, 2016 @ 9:49am When you go to the naval overlay every sea zone the . On the coast, ports act as supply hubs, and are considerably cheaper (5,000 CIC for the first level of the naval base, with a further 1000 CIC added to the cost for each subsequent level). If a division is below full supply, a faded or bright red crate icon will appear on its on-map icon, and on its icon in the list of divisions in the army. Aug 3, 2016 @ 6:17pm or we have no access there #7. equinox1911. Naval units don't participate in the land unit supply system. A place to share content, ask questions and/or talk about the grand strategy game Hearts of Iron IV by Paradox Press J to jump to the feed. What does pausing the AI do in Hearts of Iron 4? If it looks like its not cost-effective, or possible, to get hub supply from existing hubs, it is also possible to build new supply hubs. 5. Identify patterns and common expectations among the new players. Thanks guys, for the help, but that's not my problem. This will make the troops transport across the water. Found the internet! I'll try this if the issue reproduce (since I cancelled order thinking that maybe i cannot start naval invasion from a puppet harbor). There is something missing, and now I know what it is. Should be 3 squares) This most likely problem is that you only have the first tech which means only 10 divisions can launch 1 naval invasion. It may not display this or other websites correctly. Daniel spent more than 10 minutes explaining to a new player about how to conduct a naval invasion. How to score victory against government in exile? FROM THE AUTHOR: This study revolves around friction, meaning the ubiquitous uncertainties and inescapable difficulties that form the atmosphere of real war. These troops had orders assigned with an army that would bring them to the inactive front line and I tried using them while unassigned and just moving around. What is the timeline of Hearts of Iron 4? However, unlike manpower, fuel supply stops entirely once the supply state is sufficiently poor. Holding down the Shift key will show the range of the supply hub (at that time range can change with weather). Ask a new player or non-player, "please navally invade province X". Most of the work involves discovering and solving the population's underlying issues, that is, the root causes of their dissatisfaction. This is a very important and insightful report because many of the cost assessments for these technologies in the past, which concluded they were too expensive, are no longer applicable. These field manuals serve as the definitive source of unclassified information on Soviet ground forces and their interaction with other services in combined arms warfare. The risk of moving your troops by sea is that if you don't have control of the sea zones you're moving through your convoys will be intercepted and destroyed and you will very quickly lose all your divisions. Connect and share knowledge within a single location that is structured and easy to search. A divisions supply will move towards the amount that can be supported in the province, whether thats up or down. Views: 0 Screenshot from 2022-02-17 10-17-46.png . Question. Purple: there is a small amount, or no available supply, but there are no units suffering from the effects of low supply in this province. Previously, every step of the process required personal management and the new method not only cuts down on that micromanagement but also prevents the kind of oversights that seem extremely unlikely at . Aug 4, 2016 @ 9:49am When you go to the naval overlay every sea zone the invasion passes through has to be green. Search within r/hoi4. Hub, population and infrastructure elements will be allocated based on the proportion of the states provinces owned by each side, while state supply from victory points is provided to whoever owns the provinces containing those victory points. I've used troops from a different army, same issue. Both ports and supply hubs can be constructed in the territory of allies, and of subjects. It is still exceedingly difficult to get troops to travel by sea. Previously, I could right click to an overseas location regardless of them being in a port. Information, Frequently Asked Note that fuel works a bit differently to manpower or equipment. 1 invasion per army. The amount of supply a division requires for full supply is based on a range of elements, including the line battalions, the support battalions (logistics battalions reduce overall supply use), weather and the capabilities of their commanders. State supply is evenly distributed to all the units that are in the state (including air and naval units), before other sources of supply are used. Note that if the convoy route supplying the port is raided, the amount of supply provided will be reduced until the route has recovered its capacity. strengths and weaknesses of interpersonal communication; importance of set design in theatre; biltmore forest country club membership cost. By Posted split sql output into multiple files In tribute to a mother in twi Valve Corporation. You must then click Another province with a Port/Naval dock that has NO land connection avaliable. Can someone state definitely exactly what assets are needed to transport troops over water to a foreign land? Posted by 1 year ago. These troops had orders assigned with an army that would bring them to the inactive front line and I tried using them while unassigned and just moving around. One exception to this is the capital supply hub, which has its capacity set at a base of 5 and then supplemented by the amount of civilian and military factories, and naval dockyards, in the nation.