It is more flavorful and nutritious. if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'soupnation_net-box-4','ezslot_5',166,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-soupnation_net-box-4-0');A keto diet is high in fat, moderate in protein, and very low in carbohydrates. Made it for a light lunch and expected to have leftovers but my husband ate the rest. . 9 Comments. They are each made with tons of fresh flavors like ginger and sesame, to give you a flavor explosion in every bite. Love this recipe! A blend of garlic, ginger, and aged umami flavors to create the perfect Asian soup. And the answer is definitely YES! One of the benefits of cooking and preparing your own meals is that you know exactly what is going into your meals. Egg drop soup is a traditional Chinese soup, so we prefer sticking to an Asian keto recipe theme. And thats the idea that you can still enjoy your favorite foods, but in a healthier way. There are many different versions of this iconic soup. Low Carb Pho - Vietnamese Beef Noodle Soup. Stir super hot broth in a circle. Make this egg drop soup with nutrient rich chicken bone broth. It is traditionally seasoned with black pepper, white pepper, and scallions. For those who have grown up with classic chicken noodle soup, this will replace those memories and become your go-to soup. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Hi Anna, You can reheat this soup, but the texture of the egg changes. If you only have ten minutes to spare for dinner, or youre looking for something filling without having to devote all night to making it, this recipe is for you! The green onions add lots of flavor, so you really don't need many more spices than these! Pour the rest of the broth into the saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. If you only have ten minutes to spare for dinner, or youre looking for something filling without having to devote all night to making it, this recipe is for you! Whisk to combine and dissolve the powders. Here we remade a classic Chinese takeout item into something thats as nourishing as it is delicious! Feel free to get creative and let us know how you made your perfect soup below. Written by Cristina Curp on December 2nd, 2021. Start by pressure cooking the broth and chopped ginger for 2-3 minutes. Next crack two eggs in a small bowl whisking well to fully combine the eggs and whites. If youre wondering about egg drop soup carbs, Ive got an answer that I think youll like! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.). OMG I didn't realize how easy and clean egg drop soup can be! You just have to watch out for gluten in soy sauce. But, luckily, I can now make the most delicious and nourishing Egg Drop Soup myself with nutrient-dense, on-plan ingredients, and it only takes a few minutes from start to finish! Egg drop soup is a healthy soup meal thats quick and easy to prepare from scratch. Carbohydrates in Egg Drop Soup: One cup of Egg Drop Soup has about 4.5 grams of carbohydrates. A 1-cup serving of egg drop soup contains 892 milligrams of sodium. This simple soup is ready to eat. All Rights Reserved. Sesame oil, coconut aminos, and scallion take this homemade Egg Drop Soup to the next level. I used 3, but you can add more eggs if you want. But, trust me, its amazing! Slowly pour the egg into the soup while stirring to create ribbons of egg. Ive always loved this soup when dining out, but I never realized how easy and delicious this was to make at home. Here at The Keto Queens, we share keto lifestyle tips, informative tidbits, and of course tasty low carb and keto recipes that your whole family will love. Serve warm with two tablespoons of cream. With a daily limit between 1,500 and 2,300 milligrams of sodium, a cup of egg drop soup can set you back quite significantly for such a small amount of food. Since this is a keto egg drop soup recipe, it doesn't have the cornstarch that traditional versions have to thicken. The broth should have little bubbles all around the edges of the pan and some in the center. Slowly whisk 2 cups of hot stock into the egg mixture - don't just dump it in or you'll end up with scrambled eggs! It's low carb and keto-friendly and can be made paleo with adjustments. Servings: 4. Your email address will not be published. Let me know in the comments if you have other ideas. If youve never had it before, it may sound a little weird. Prep Time 5 minutes Cook Time 5 minutes Total Time 10 minutes Ingredients Keto Egg Fast version 2 eggs 2 cups water 2 tbsp butter 1/2 tsp salt 1/4 tsp each of pepper, onion powder and garlic powder Add chicken bone broth and bring it to a gentle boil and simmer for 20 minutes. It wasnt until recently that I made this low carb version at home and instead used at xanthan gum to thicken this Keto egg drop soup. For keto and low-carb diet, use gluten-free soy sauce or coconut aminos. Ready to enjoy in 15 minutes and only 5 ingredients. It also sometimes has a few veggies and scallions/green onions in it, too. Answer (1 of 3): Yes you can have egg drop soup on a keto diet For people who are finding the very best keto diet plan to follow, you should check this guide. It makes the dish more flavorful. If you only have ten minutes to spare for dinner, or youre looking for something filling without having to devote all night to making it, this recipe is for you! Copyright 2023. For the magic to happen with Xanthan Gum, pinch means really just a pinch. Egg Drop Soup is basically a thickened broth soup with ribbons of eggs in it. Toss in the bamboo shoots. Keto friendly recipes do not contain corn starch because per serving (1 tbsp) there are 7 grams of carbs, and 6.9 grams of net carbs. Plus, when its homemade you feel so much better about putting it into your body, because you know exactly what went into it. Make this soup one time, and it will become one of your favorite recipes to make at home. Some egg drop soup recipes use cornstarch as a thickener, we love this soup as is and dont feel it needs thickening, so this is also a low carb egg drop soup recipe without cornstarch. 3. We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. Your soup might be topped with tofu, corn, or bean sprouts. Not only is it low carb and keto, but its also gluten-free, grain free, paleo, AND still full of delicious flavor. This recipe serves 2, but if you want to make more, feel free to adjust the ingredients and modify the macros accordingly. We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. Prep Time: 5 minutes. While many dinner recipes are traditionally high in carbohydrates like pastas, potato dishes, and sandwiches there are plenty of ways to make a low-carb, keto-friendly dinner without sacrificing flavor or nutrition. You can also tag #theketoqueens on social media. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes. Your email address will not be published. In a small bowl, whisk together cold water and cornstarch. Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. On the. Before adding the eggs, boil some veggies in the broth to add more nutrition. I lost 8 pounds in my first week. Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Keto Egg Drop soup is one of the fastest and easiest low carb meals you can make! Add onions to broth. This comforting keto egg drop soup recipe is not only nourishing but tastes like the real deal! The specific brand you are using for the ingredients can change the nutrition of egg drop soup, be sure to check the labels. Dont stop stirring while you add the eggs. The ingredients you need are: Chicken stocks its available in groceries and it can be homemade. Here are a few more tips about this delicious Chinese soup. Bring to a boil and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Pepper and scallions may be added. Chop suey is a stir-fry dish that contains meat and vegetables, such as bean sprouts, onion, celery, mushrooms, bamboo shoots, and water chestnut. When broth boils, turn down to a simmer, gently pour egg into broth while stirring. It has the perfect balance of salty and umami flavors thanks to the chicken broth and soy sauce! While most traditional egg drop soups use a thickener , youll find this particular recipe fits perfectly within a ketogenic diet. One bowl of soup (about 1 cup) is only 71 calories. I didnt use any toasted sesame oil, but you can add a little bit to give it a bolder flavor. The nutrition of egg drop soup is honestly pretty surprising! It is not sugar free, but is lower in carbs and works well in keto recipes. var cid='9495564411';var pid='ca-pub-3139171956867407';var slotId='div-gpt-ad-soupnation_net-medrectangle-3-0';var ffid=1;var alS=1021%1000;var container=document.getElementById(slotId);var ins=document.createElement('ins');ins.id=slotId+'-asloaded';ins.className='adsbygoogle ezasloaded';ins.dataset.adClient=pid;ins.dataset.adChannel=cid;ins.style.display='block';ins.style.minWidth=container.attributes.ezaw.value+'px';ins.style.width='100%';ins.style.height=container.attributes.ezah.value+'px';container.style.maxHeight=container.style.minHeight+'px';container.style.maxWidth=container.style.minWidth+'px';container.appendChild(ins);(adsbygoogle=window.adsbygoogle||[]).push({});window.ezoSTPixelAdd(slotId,'stat_source_id',44);window.ezoSTPixelAdd(slotId,'adsensetype',1);var lo=new MutationObserver(window.ezaslEvent);lo.observe(document.getElementById(slotId+'-asloaded'),{attributes:true}); This honestly makes one of the BEST soups for keto because its almost carb-free, just uses simple ingredients found in many kitchens, and whips up in just 15 minutes. Once broth boils, reduce to medium and slowly pour in the egg while stirring the broth to create egg wisps. Recommended Reading: Substitute For Cream Of Mushroom Soup In Tater Tot Casserole. The majority of the soup is made up of bone broth . Once you get used to this amount, you can start reducing your carb intake from there. Thank you for the recipe! Packed with protein and incredibly versatile, eggs are my idea of a true superfood. This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. Broth or Bouillon as a base of this recipe, has got so many health benefits one would be surprised. There's something so comforting about this delicious soup. Stir well. We have wonderful recipes to satisfy your sweet tooth, while watching those macros. Bone broth is made with the meat and bones of a chicken. Add it to the pot with ginger slices. Most restaurants have low-carb friendly versions of Egg Drop Soup. It is low in calories and carbohydrates. I have always been a soup person and nothing has changed since starting keto. Finally, add in the medium eggs. (Full disclosure). This Keto Egg Drop soup would even be a great appetizer on a Chinese take-out inspired night, which you could then follow up with our low carb cashew chicken! Comment * document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "aa540c549e8f3b2d653de73258c92256" );document.getElementById("ha006b8e51").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Hello! Add bone broth, a pinch of red pepper flakes, and your white pepper to a small pot on the stove over high heat. Now, it's time to add a bit of chili garlic paste. I made your egg drop soup and the flavor was so amazing. Trade carbs for keto-friendly veggies like broccoli, green beans, bok choy, scallions, and bell peppers. Like this video? To lower blood sugar and potentially reverse type 2 diabetes eat fewer carbs. Your recipe is delish!! what are coconut aminos, what can I use in place of them? Please see our nutrition policy. Keto-Friendly Soup Ingredients. Add the chicken and broth to a large saucepan and bring to a boil. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Rate this Recipe, Hey! This recipe is low in carbohydrates, moderate in protein and fat. Read Also: Campbell Soup Chicken And Rice Casserole. Pour the soup into 2 bowls and serve with green onions on top. You can order chop suey with pork (or chicken, shrimp, or beef) and ask to hold the rice and sauce. You can also add more sesame oil for more fat which is good on the keto diet. Add whatever seasonings you want to enhance this quick and simple Chinese dish. Make egg drop soup based on your preferences for the best possible results! If you loved this post or any of our recipes, please leave a comment below. Lightly pound the pale/white scallion parts, using a knife handle this will bring out more flavor. You can add some sesame oil for more fat, which is a good addition for the keto diet. of net carbs, which is a relatively small amount. I also wrote a couple of cookbooks. Add the oil to a large pot over a medium-high heat. If you dont anticipate enjoying the rest of your soup within that timeframe, you can also freeze this soup by dividing it into freezer-safe containers with lids. Get the NEW Keto eBook Bundle. It's essentially a zero carb soup recipe too! That's it! It's very low calorie and packed with protein! This keto egg drop soup recipe is a great side or starter. If you know you wont eat it all, you can remove some of the soup and store without the eggs in it. 6g of total carbohydrates and 1g of fiber. Slowly drizzle in the beaten eggs from higher up by using a fork or chopsticks to stream and control the flow. Cooking time will depend on the size of the chicken breasts. You can use tofu too. (, May help to relieve chronic inflammation in the body. Highly nutritious while low in calories and carbs with only 3.5g net carbs per serving! Learn more about me here or at MayaKrampf.Com. In a pot heat the olive oil over medium heat. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We didnt have any of the Coconut amino, so I used Mushroom Soy Sauce and since we are not fans of black pepper, I used 1/2 teaspoon of white pepper. Egg drop soup is a traditional Chinese soup, so we prefer sticking to an Asian keto recipe theme. Bring the mixture to a boil, and simmer for 15 minutes. STARCH. This honestly makes one of the BEST soups for keto because its almost carb-free, just uses simple ingredients found in many kitchens, and whips up in just 15 minutes. This post may contain affiliate links. Slowly drizzle in the whisked eggs from high up to make egg ribbons. Keto Friendly Sushi Rolls. Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook. While constantly stirring the broth mixture, slowly stir in the eggs in one direction to create the egg "ribbons.". In another small bowl, mix the tapioca starch with tap water and stir to dissolve completely. That answer is usually no, for the simple fact that a lot of the traditional methods use corn starch to thicken the soup and some recipes call for sugar. if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'soupnation_net-leader-4','ezslot_18',170,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-soupnation_net-leader-4-0'); Your best ever Keto Egg Drop Soup is born. Type your question or comment below, and tap "Post Comment". Keto Egg Drop Soup Recipe Combine chicken broth, ginger powder, half of the green onions in a large saucepan Bring to a boil over medium-high heat then reduce heat to simmer Add xanthan gum if desired (a little goes a long way! You can use coconut aminos (or gluten free soy sauce) in this soup recipe, and then you will know it is safe to eat. The secret to perfect egg drop soup is to make sure you have really hot broth. Lover of good food, northern lakes, peanut butter fat bombs, Boston Terriers and the keto diet. If you would like to change your settings or withdraw consent at any time, the link to do so is in our privacy policy accessible from our home page.. To prepare this easy keto egg drop soup you will need broth (we used chicken broth), some eggs, and liquid aminos. This recipe is definitely high up on the easy scale! Some soup recipes use other . Or, our Low Carb Yogurt Buns would go perfectly as well. They mix the eggs with flour to make egg dumplings. Keto Low Carb Roasted Tomato Soup Recipe with Fresh Tomatoes, Gluten Free Keto Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipe. What Makes Egg Drop Soup Thick? Measure out and set aside cup of the broth. Cover with a lid and lower the heat slightly. Next, whisk the eggs really well. It came together like a dream and he absolutely flipped for it. A 100g serving contains. Cook until clear and slightly thickened, stirring constantly. No, this soup is not a complete meal. I didn't use any toasted sesame oil, but you can add a little bit to give it a bolder flavor. Here are some of our recipes that are trending: Desserts can be a challenge while on a keto or low-carb diet. Instructions. These are some of my favorite low-carb soup recipes, and after you make them, you'll agree. If you're looking for keto options to make at home, egg drop soup is an easy choice. In a small bowl, whisk 2 Eggland's Best eggs. Also to make it more Keto-friendly you could use bone broth. Well, the keto egg drop soup recipe Im going to show you here certainly is but you might be disappointed to learn that restaurant egg drop soup generally isnt keto-friendly. So comforting and flavorful! Soy sauce is not keto because it has both soy and wheat which can be inflammatory on a keto diet. Ginger Fresh ginger tastes better. To stay up-to-date, FOLLOW US on Instagram @theketoqueens, Twitter, and Facebook. Tip: If you want it to be vegetarian, use vegetable broth! A diet that includes too much salt can increase your blood pressure. Its practically screaming carbohydrates at you like a curse word. Egg drop soup can be a great option for those following a ketogenic diet since it is low in carbs and high in protein. But don't take my word for it - experts agree! Once the water is swirling, SLOWLY pour the egg mixture into the hot broth. Whether youre a keto newbie, already keto-adapted, or just keto-curious, youre in the right place. Allow this to simmer for 10-12 minutes. Instant Pot Cream of Broccoli Stalk Soup Slide the bottom piece with the pasta onto a large baking sheet. More Ketovore Recipes with Bone Broth The only steps required are whisking, boiling, and adding in the eggs.