You cant say that the item does not fit or you change your mind. Not sure which freaky post that name was on The one name that responded to 2 posts i mentioned was listed as Mark7369847548. Hi Kelly! Outside all the reasons most of the comments have said- mostly scammers, rude people and the absolutely worst customer service in the history of online sales I mean, honestly when its worse than eBay, that is sayin something, I think that its really being overlooked just how much Poshmark is expected to consume a persons life just to sell a $35 skirt, pack it prettily, rush it to the post office, wait for someone to get off their ass and accept it while praying they dont ding you with less than 5 Stars. Maria, this is terrible! It is beyond insulting and other things I wont say on here!! Obviously, sharing is key to making sales on Poshmark. When I first started I loved it but now with the Low Ballers or people asking a million questions even if its the middle of the night, Ill reply ! This thing looks like it was probably made in China with the cheapest quality fabric available certainly the thinnest! Like eBay and PM are platforms that people go on to shop, but how can I get my online store in front of potential customers? My main reasons for abandoning this platform are: 1). Poshmark really does need to protect their sellers more. 25. r/poshmark. I was excited to see that Posh mark keeps your stats on file as I always strive to be the best. Not really what I was looking for doing with my time (I actually have a full-time job). Definitely deleting my accounting and washing my hands of this. SO FRUSTRATING!!! All you have to do to get out of Poshmark share jail is to stop sharing your items for 24 hours. Hi Amber! I either get told the same script that buyers have 3 days to accept or they ignore me completely. Ive sold about 5 small items like fashion jewelry, etc. There are a lot of great things about Poshmark, but they should really do something about the lowballers and the people who give bad reviews when they arent warranted. Because of those experiences, I am now extremely cautious when purchasing from places like Poshmark and eBay. Tap . My closet just disappeared. Then there are the pervert trolls. So Im not inexperienced in customer service or shipping logistics. A Posherpurchased a very unique top from my closet. I blocked her and removed the entire listing ( since you cant remove the offensive comments) On the other flip of the coin I had a very sweet lady who had bought from me a few times in the past purchase several of my smaller items and tell me that although she didnt have a need for any of the items , she wanted to help. So back to Ebay I go. When she received it, she filed a case with Poshmark help stating that the zipper didnt work. I originally planned to begin selling items, but when I discovered the 20% commission I changed my mind. I guess she didnt realize that I could cancel the order on my end, but now I have to relist everything. I just opened my own Shopify store and would love to spend less time on Poshmark. Posh always binds w the buyer usually. Nice to see their priorities still havent changed! It would also let me see when sharing how close I am to the end of my closet when I am sharing my over 1300 item closet. In addition, of course, to checking out your shop. O support for sellers at all. So, I quit and went to eBay. The cost to market my site to get effective sales is also a financial burden. Im very sorry that happened to you. I still use the site but it did leave a bad taste in my mouth. Just started listing more than one item there in February and its been very consistent. I then tried to find some way, specifically SOME ONE who could assist me as to who to notify that will take immediate action. Im sorry, if I list a brand new, with tags Kate Spade cosmetic bag for $20 dont ask if Ill take five. Thats what I found so frustrating. Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window). I dont have any negative ones thankfully minus a brand new product that someone said was more than gently used (still in packaging) !! So, Im done. Now just waiting on Poshmark to decide on the case. high fees and noone is serious. I have no idea what Ill get back since she claims its damaged now. We are the ones that helped you grow. I moved away from it a while ago, & now Im just deleting my account as well. She was rude and not what I wanted to deal with. The buyer haggled a lot on the prices, each item was listed low already but I accepted an offer and the buyer received all 4 items for just $16. As a buyer of poshmark I found that items I bought werent quite as described every time I purchased 3 x I figured hey thats what you get for buying on line but this last one was a doosey! eBay is certainly not without its headaches. To save and print your closet QR Code: And,although its possible your statement may be 100% true,I would argue that theres no way to prove it either way & I actually doubt that it is true in every case. I appreciate your feedback! From the left-hand menu, select My Closet Insights. When do you ever have time for family, your home, and kids? So sorry that happened to you. Also, frequently I purchase items and the seller never ships the item or responds to questions about when they will finally ship the item. Without exaggeration, 8 out of 10 new members are counterfeit scammers or spammers. Secondly I sold a pair of knit boots for very cheap because they were not ugg just a cheap look a like and made sure to list that in description due to the fact that they were listed under ugg for exposure. More like a normal human being would. The set decorator from Mad Men was one of my favorite buyers. I decided to sell on Poshmark because I took a early retirement and wanted to do something Part-time on the side. Im still selling on the site, although Poshmark fees are extremely high. Posh sided with the buyer and she was authorized to return my rocks. Otherwise theyll spiral out of business. They take so much money from us and thats all their concern is. Hmmm! Ive had to take half my closet down Bc of rude people ! I would rather gift it than sell it to greedy unsavory predatory buyers that try to make you feel they are doing you a favor by essentially stealing it from you for a few bucks. The very day the buyer got them, she opened a case that they were worn. You also can send the pictures to posh and have them disput it, and refund you or have you send it back to her. They're completely off. I feel like A. they buyer regrets their purchase or B. they are trying to pull some sort of scam. They are to savvy to purchase on Posh!! Long story short: someone bought it, said it had snags, took photos and sent to Posh! It was bizarre bc she kept writing to me..?! My sales were good and I was getting 5 stars. Tell me, how can one judge a black polyester dusty bag with Chanel silk screened On it, real or fake?! It is incorrect by $35000. Then you can state your side, they state theirs and photos are exchanged. Size: Neck 14.5 Tasso Elba. Not strictly a safe assumption. The offer AND discounted shipping is sent to everyone whos liked the listing. I responded with an appeal email, which I am sure they will get to sometime in another dimension, let alone within the decade. as far as the Posh parties I do not engage in them. I had someone bundle 3 items which totaled $30 and offered me $6!! I just received my electric yoga pants back today, and not only are there new snags on it that it didnt have when it left my possession, there are stains at the knees and the back of the pants near where your heel would be. People are picky and dont read descriptions and change their minds constantly and return things they shouldnt and push limits. Everyone wants items for $5.00 and theyre under the impression that its a garage sale. And there were no rip or hgaing threads on this suit- i would have know, So basically this is when i googled the apps and found out about scams, She bought it to wear for the weekend or just decided it didnt fit and PURPOSELY popped the stitching on it!! A buyer should expect questions. Well, even if youre not in share jail, keep reading. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. Then a girl went off on me about my pricing- telling me I cant list things so high- etc.. ? If this company ever goes public Im buying stock! Poshmark is kind of time consuming and I try to look elsewhere where I have more control and not having to deal so much with the buyer How can people see my items? Well, that is all well and good for you, but there are people who *do* want to make real money. What??? Im glad you created youre own store! I do not understand who authenticates on PM? In my 3rd purchase attempt, the seller cancelled the transaction without letting me know. Deleting a Poshmark account is fairly similar on both the mobile app and on the web. I dont have a pet. my_poshboutique. I do detailed measurements and fabric content for every last item I post. I sent mercari several emails showing them my conversations with the buyer (even though I knew they could see it) but much to my dismay they approved the return. Im not even sure if they have a brand promise but it seems the expectations users had was contrary to their actual experience. Not worth the headache. To mark a listing as "Not for Sale": click the "Edit" icon on the listing details page > select "Mark as Not for Sale.". Unfortunately I have not received a single package sent with as much care as I send mine. whatever that may mean?. Thats ridiculous! Never had a case. ( maybe crammed her fat butt into it and tore it ?) I dont really have a way of proving it except with my record of sales and not having any problems. With PM new app adding Mens and children its like party overload. One little thing they dont like and the thriving business you been working the last few years at is gone! Its all I ever wore. As I type this reply, I feel like Ive had PTSD for the past week. Unfortunately, Ive heard many stories similar to yours. Item was never SOLD but was rather abruptly Canceled by Seller 3 days after accepting my initial offer. Finally Poshmark voted in my favor and the story was over. So she then attacks my page commenting on every listing calling me a scammer posting my address for all to see. Yes,I have to agree with some of this.I dont sell that much on Poshmark anymore because it is very time consuming.Sharing,commenting just to get a sale for a item.I spent hours sharing just to get 1-2 sales if im lucky.I really like Ebay and Vinted because you can list the item and go on with your day,you dont have to spend hours sharing items just to gte people to notice your selling some heels out of thousands of heels that our on sale on Poshmark.Poshmark is best if you have designer items like ZARA,COACH,BANANA REPUBLIC,DOLCE GABANNA etc.because people our looking for them all year round instead of used clothes that range $5-$10 just not worth the time. I always wanted to open up and online store but I have no idea how to do that I am way behind in technology. Item Description Learn how to take your listing title, department, category and more to the next level. Im new to Poshmark and sold my first listing! You are right about some sellers not including enough info. Im so sorry to hear that PM does not treat sellers fairly. Too many scammers and Poshmark does nothing to help either party. That was my ridiculous newbie mistake. Life is too short. I found two types of trolls exist on Poshmark. If you get close to that, or exceed it, you run the risk of getting locked up in Poshmark share jail. As a result, I decided that I might continue to buy from Poshers, but would not open my own closet. 2 BOTH NEW & SEALED, NEW OLAPLEX NO. Three months pass, I send multiple emails each month including photos- no response. What about Amazon.com? Launch the Poshmark app (for Android and iOS) from your device. Unless you can actually make it your full time job, its best to just sell your clothes in person or by mail and be happy with whatever you receive. Irene and Cole, My attempts at eBay, Vinted, Mercari and Im sure one or two others were a no-go for me so Tradesy and Poshmark have been my staples for a year now. But I like you missed the social aspect, I had regular buyers that I had became friends with. And lastly, DESCRIBE YOUR ITEMS. I had a lot of my Poshmark items listed on eBay as well, and my Shopify store had an import from eBay function, which made it easier. Only 3 hours away, wish i was there! Again, this is exactly why I left Poshmark. Ive been doing this long enough to know which stores will likely buy what (every location has a certain taste or vibe or customer its geared towards so I try to go to the right locations for what I have e.g. Time to quit I think. I could write a war and peace length description on eBay yet with posh only a couple paragraphs. I feel trapped! Well give it a few more months and see if its all worth it. eBay may be the best for that still, if one has a good inventory. Poshmark never read my emails. Good morning! So I wasted all that time and missed out on the item. I have been doing this for a year now with some success, nothing crazy but I have sold some things and I enjoy packaging the items with a thank you note and a little gift. I cant believe people are this way! Im having the same issue I sold one thing and sold it cheap disgusted with it. I wont be on here much longer. There is also a lot of elitism! They could side with you or the buyer. Every Offer to Likers you make is an additional entry. Idk why theyre not even bothering to look into this but it really upsets me, especially since theyre making money off of me. . I hover around 50 or so listings, so not a huge closet, but its nice to make a few dollars here and there. Hate the damn things. Reason #1. (I suppose thats a response I should have expected from a young girl with very little sense of responsibility)