Our cats and puppies live in a renovated mobile home that is a bright, friendly place where the animals get a lot of love and attention. Animals that are abused, emaciated, aggressive, and/or dangerous, and animals that are sick and vulnerable, are priority for intake. Start by searching our PetFinder pages for your, If you are missing your pet, you can email, Appointments are booked for 60 minutes through our, Responsibly managing the public resources that fund the shelter means we may not accept all animals at all times. The two cats that are 7 months are sweethearts and are both females. Shelters are often inundated with pet surrenders, and do not want to provide a simple outlet that takes away the obligation of responsible pet ownership. Cat adoptions are available on a walk-in basis. Enough said. 19640 Dogpatch Lane We know it takes a village, which is why we have partnered with a few organizations to not only increase our ability to save animals, but that also allows us to give back to an equally good cause in our community. Pet Rescue, Inc. (Saving Animals From Euthanasia), More info about S.A.F.E. Carlos was my first feral. These fees help us with the cost of caring for your pet, which is over $500 per animal. Adoptions are vital to an agency's lifesaving mission. Pasco County Animal Services looks to provide a resource center for those looking to add a new pet to their family. If you or someone you know is missing a furbaby, don't panic! Volunteer foster care is crucial to No Kill. Community members hoping to remove healthy animals from their property should consider the following alternatives when shelters reach their C4C: Avoid feeding the animal. More info about St. Francis Animal Rescue of Venice Inc. St. Francis Society Animal Rescue (Tampa), More info about St. Francis Society Animal Rescue (Tampa), More info about St. Joseph Bay Humane Society, More info about Suncoast Animal League (Palm Harbor). Volunteer. A typical foster care placement can last anywhere from 1 week to 2 months depending on age and medical situation. Volunteer Opportunities. Make a difference in the life of a shelter pet. Privacy Policy The trailer has undergone many renovations over the year and we are always in the process of trying to improve and expand to meet our ever increasing need for space and resources. The property management here doesnt want to get involved and find a home for the cat. Can someone help me rehome her? This is unfortunate because doing so-primarily shifting from passive to a more proactive approach-has proven to have a significant impact on lifesaving and allow shelters to return a large percentage of lost animals to their families. FL, SPCA of West Pasco County What is the difference between adopting a dog, adopting a cat, adopting a kitten or adopting a puppy versus getting dogs for sale, cats for sale, puppies for sale or kittens for sale from a dog breeder or a cat breeder? Adopt a Pet is the easiest way for you to search for a new pet in Land O'Lakes, FL. As a result, it is not uncommon for all shelters across our region to reach their capacity for care at the same time. Foster and Rescue Program. 9438 U.s. 19 My ex left her and as a single mom who works I feel I dont have the means or time for her upkeep. Best Friends Animal Society is a leading national animal welfare organization dedicated to ending the killing of dogs and cats in America's shelters. Adoption Info | Humane Society of Pasco County, Inc. We began with a small group of volunteers and a big dream to create a no-kill shelter for Pasco Countys displaced animals. Pet Services. If you must find a new home for a pet, please try posting to our adoption portal before placing the burden on the shelter. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization committed to rescuing dogs from central Florida. Spay & Neuter in Pasco. Animal Services | Pasco County, FL - Official Website . Donations. No-kill shelters do wonderful work, but as a result, are often inundated with pet surrenders. Provide temporary shelter to same while they wait adoption into loving and forever homes. FL, Pasco County Animal Control Contact Adoption Center. Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services Registration #CH5664 . Please shoot me a text if you are interested or know someone that needs a companion. If you need immediate assistance, please call us at 863-646-7722 . Stop by and talk to us during regular shelter hours to discuss various volunteer opportunities! Direct adoptions work well and allow everyone to share in the accountability of their community! If fall in love with a pet that still has to go through our vetting process, we will gladly place an adoption hold on them for you. Bandit is a medium-length-haired cat and Socks is short-haired. We began with a small group of volunteers and a big dream to create a no-kill shelter for Pasco County's displaced animals. Once a shelter is operating within their C4C, human resources (staff, volunteers, others) are often freed up to do any of a number of other important shelter tasks to further serve the shelter animals and/or community outreach programs. Find Pasco County, Florida animal shelters, puppy dog and cat shelters, pet adoption centers, dog pounds, and humane societies. Born and raised in SC. I just reviewed: SPCA Suncoast (New Port Richey), A Second Chance Puppies and Kittens Rescue, Beyond Nine Cat Rescue, Inc. (Pompano Beach), Humane Society of the Nature Coast, Inc. (Brooksville), The Humane Society of Levy County, Inc. (Bronson), St. Francis Society Animal Rescue (Tampa), Volunteer Services for Animals, Inc. (Naples), Mid Florida Sheltie Rescue (Winter Springs), Save Our Strays, Inc. (Indian Rocks Beach), RUFF, Rescued Unwanted Furry Friends (Graceville), Crazy Cavies Guinea Pig Rescue Inc. (Lauderhill), H.A.L.O. His sister-n-law said there were 9 total. Every sheltering organization has a maximum capacity for care (C4C), and the population in their care must not exceed that level. I would keep the little rascals but I already have cats. In these cases, we rely on community members opening their homes to care for the foster the animal outside the shelter environment until it is adoptable. We need your help. We are in desperate need of CAN DOG FOOD and DRY CAT FOOD! The Pasco County Animal Control, located in Land O' Lakes, Florida is an Animal Shelter that provides temporary housing and care for stray, unwanted, and owner-relinquished animals including dogs and cats in Pasco County. To do this, shelters must put in place comprehensive vaccination, handling, cleaning, socialization, and care policies before animals get sick and rehabilitative efforts for those who come in sick, injured, unweaned, or traumatized. The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals of West Pasco has been saving lives and finding homes since 1964 as a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. I had to move back home and I cant keep her at my parents house. Home | Tri-Cities Animal Shelter E.A.R.S. Of course we laugh about how quick that notion lived when 5 fosters turned into 10 fosters, which seemed to turn into 35 overnight. Affordable Veterinary Care. Each dog has an over-sized kennel which is in a large fenced area with mature treas. We need help with cleaning and general care of our ever increasing feline population. SPCA Suncoast (New Port Richey) - No Kill Animal Shelters Port Richey, Numerous considerations go into managing the large population of stray animals in TCASs service area. With a dedication to our vision, we worked tirelessly to clear our property in rural West Pasco County Florida. In fact, studies show people get their animals from shelters only 20% of the time. The SPCA temporarily provides a home for animals that become separated from their families and those who are surrendered for a variety of reasons. They are dedicated to providing a challenging educational program that meets the students academic, social, physical, and emotional needs. Resources for Pet Owners. We are in desperate need of CAN DOG FOOD and DRY CAT FOOD! Additional resources for locating missing pets can be found on the following pages: Missing Pets - Lost & Found Pets PascoKennewickRichland Washington. The shelter provides basic animal supplies, as well as provides needed medical care for the animals while they are placed in foster care. My name is Danielle, but most call me Dani, and many know me as Dani the Cat Lady. In the unfortunate scenario that you have to find a new home for your pet, please read through the rehoming solution and articles on this page before contacting the shelter. A small group of volunteers worked tirelessly to clear the property in rural West Pasco County near Hudson, Florida. Therefore, they would prefer that people try hard to find a solution before resorting to surrendering their pet to a shelter. I was down this weekend for the day to go through some of his personal things and the kittens are grey. We are dedicated to finding a loving home for every rescue dog we receive. Our cats and young puppies are housed in a small trailer. TCAS operates under the Animal Control Authority (ACA) and an interlocal agreement between the three cities it serves. It is black with white feet, very friendly. Our dedicated staff provides them attention, health care, food, a clean place to sleep, and love while they live at the shelter. Adoptable Pets in Florida Other noKill Shelters in Florida Humane Society of Pasco County (Sha. FL, Noah's Ark Pot Belly Pig Rescue Enough said. As seen onNational Geographics DogTownand theCWsDogTownUSA. I have a 3 yr old plott hound named penny. Healthy cats will stay on and around any property if they are being fed. We also have a large fenced area with mature trees for the dogs. Volunteers are a dedicated "army of compassion" and the backbone of a successful No Kill effort. . She is fixed. We focus on pulling animals from euthanasia lists, special needs animals, medical cases but open our hearts to any animal in need. Online Pet License Search. He lived in Spring Hill and I live in the panhandle. - Animal Rescue Force of South Florida, Inc, More info about A.R.F. Additionally, we hope to build a humane community that promotes compassion and kindness, by controlling the overpopulation of these animals through Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR), community outreach services, pet food bank, and education.