Having been involved in the hobby for quite some time now, I can say without hesitation that items typically command a price close to their value. What about red carpet premieres in Hollywood? Buyers of cast-signed posters such as this one of The Godfather apparently believe that the stars of the movie came together as a group to autograph it. Seeing an item offered as a Woodrow Wilson signed letter that consists of a bright white sheet of paper with a felt tip pen signature should immediately tell you all that you need to know about the authenticity of the item. These are extremely difficult to spot. Let me tell you, when I finally got the damn thing out of the box, I instantly had goosebumps! In addition to the recommended practices outlined in the previous seller types, the best course of action to take when working with dealers is to do a deep dive on their history and reputation. There are at least 3 different kinds of bootlegs of this one!! Anthony Daniels | Dark Side Forgeries - Anthony Daniels I've bought all mine off ebay over the years and i've only collected quads. I read previously on Reddit that it was a fake with Linda Carters head on. Since 2004, we have been providing our customers with certified authentic Movie, TV and Music Posters. Well, I think they are! One of the biggest differences between sports and celebrity autographs is that there are so many more potential collectibles in sports. "1931" Dracula One Sheet Poster Determined to be Fake, Pulled from Next PSA Autograph Authentication Services was founded by PSA in 1998 in response to widespread counterfeiting, forgery and piracy of autographed collectibles. A respecter dealer who has been in business for some time will have already developed a reputation from the memorabilia community by the time you are considering buying something from them. Our team is made up of experts in the field of collectibles, who have a passion for preserving the memories of our favorite stars through the items they've signed. We don't sell re-prints of authentically signed posters the posters have been examined and are certified authentic originals. They are from very popular movies (the good titles, the ones everyone wants). The fakes are now 25 years old, just like the originals!! Once the realization of deceit occurs, victims are typically left with little recourse in dealing with the problem. As a result, there are likely no signs to spot about their sales history or reputation to help with authenticity. The Professor claims to be a former NSS employee with inside knowledge about movie posters. You wouldn't even want to TRY getting a movie poster (especially a full size one) signed because there's a much greater chance of it getting damaged than signed. 1 Home Entertainment Tech Resource. Sign up to receive periodic exclusive offers only available to subscribers. Obviously, there is great demand, and therefore strong incentive to commit fraud. What you may not know is the problem is probably worse when it comes to entertainment autographs, especially of modern movie stars. Consumers educating consumers., Complaints Reviews Scams Lawsuits Frauds Reported.. At Poster Memorabilia, we are dedicated to providing our customers with a seamless and convenient payment experience. These signatures, all fake, are of the actors who played roles in Star Wars.. If you ask any reputable poster dealer or poster expert that has had the opportunity to closely examine them, they will tell you these are not original movie posters. Lee had a lot of memorabilia from his days with Hendrix in the early '60s and, later, with Hendrix's band in Woodstock.This lot includes a framed display of a leather pouch, leather watch band, two hotel keys and a plastic string winder with an accompanying note that doesn't clear up much. It does NOT look new anymore!! File your review. Ripoff Report | Complaints Reviews Scams Lawsuits Frauds Reported. First and foremost, purchasing a certified authentic poster ensures that the item you are buying is genuine and has been authenticated by experts in the field. I was kinda nervous that it might be a reprint but it also has a slightly faded quality to it that I know its from the 90s! Look out for lightly folded Star Wars style A, B, and C full size 27x41 one sheets. We have shipped thousands of items and have never had a poster damaged during transit. I was looking at getting an original authentic movie poster and wondered if anyone else on here had got one previously and whether it was worth paying the premium price they demand? Elvis Presley Spring 1956 Columbus and Dayton, Ohio Concert Handbill. I, of course, love the chick flicks and the ultimate is forever, "Pretty Woman." This may be the most common question asked by new buyers of cinema posters. Why Ripoff Report will not release author information! Who are the ones selling these fakes? Some are accessible, some are not, but even there, some or even most of the cast may attend. For example, you will begin looking at aspects of an autograph such as the flow, size, slant and pressure among other things and you will pick up on little tricks such as the M in Michael Jordans autograph spelling out the number 23. How to Determine if the Autograph on Your Sports Memorabilia is Genuine But you know what calmed my nerves? The ones that are rolled from original fetch big money. Although niche groups (particularly on resources such as Facebook) do exist for specific item types such as collectors of a specific band or sports team, more general communities can be found that have members with skills and experience that are more wide ranging. BenQ W2700, Denon AVR X3600, Apple TV 4K, Zappiti Pro 4K HDR, Oppo 203 (Region A), Denon 1713, Xbox One digital edition. Like, I cant believe it! Today we take a moment to reflect on how our cinemas thought of outer space during the beginning of the read more, If you have a lot of posters, displaying them can cost a small fortune. You are using an out of date browser. Still, I laid it out on my coffee table and looked at it. We Guarantee the Authenticity of Everything we sell for Life and we have a solid 35 year reputation. I searched online and found a blog that said they were reprints or autopen. Poster Memorabilia. The website does put up an estimated time of delivery, but even then, I wasnt so sure about it. Did you obtain it yourself or did you buy it from someone? I got the poster from this site called Poster Memorabilia. That is a topic completely deserving of its own article, which can be found here. The FBI, which gave all these images to me when I was doing research for my book, Operation Bullpen: The Inside Story of the Biggest Forgery Scam in American History, confiscated it before it could reach the marketplace. These things are DANGEROUS!!! Sometimes with the ridiculous stamp, sometimes without it. Twenty One Pilots Signed Autograph 18x24 Concert Tour Poster Columbus Oh W/ - JSA Certified - Music Posters . Drug Rehab Deception Addiction Treatment Industry Rocked By Fraud & Abuse. Real ones are extremely scarce and can sell for over $1000.00. Now, Im not saying that all, or even much of these item types are not authentic, just that they should be approached with increased caution. The objective of this guide is to do just that, with the hope that the memorabilia buying experience improves for all buyers and fraud in the industry begins to disappear. The tagline for the site it "Leaders in Autographed Posters." This is not false advertising. At the 2011 Ides of March premiere I attended in Hollywood, the only main star who signed was George Clooney, and not everyone there even got him. A very early Elvis Presley advertising flyer for four concerts in Ohio when "Heartbreak Hotel" was the #1 single and Elvis Presley the #1 album in the country. As brilliant as he was in business and technology, though, when it came to collecting he was remarkably nave or gullible, if you prefer. Please remember that these are passionate members of the hobby who have knowledge on par or exceeding that of professionals in the hobby, but are likely not being paid for it. Look out for double sided reproduction/fake one sheets of some current titles including: Spiderman (recalled Twin Towers style), The Matrix, Saving Private Ryan, The Shawshank Redemption, Star Wars Phantom Menace Episode 1 Teaser. The Casual/Collector seller is not a full-time seller, but is likely looking to move something out of their collection to obtain funds for something else or they are looking to get out of the hobby entirely. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. 3. Also, just because a poster appears new and minty white does not mean it is a fake. The results blew my mind. Sign #3: Their documents contain suspicious red flags. I mean, Im sure they wouldnt do that if they werent right? What are your posters worth? Oh, and if youre asking if the autographs are legit, I believe they are. Ive bought a poster from PM myself and I agree with everything youve said! Beatle Museum of Fake Memorabilia & Reproductions - Pinterest I mean, RDJ actually wrote on the poster!! Beware of minty white (like they were printed yesterday) 14x36 inserts. Buyers of cast-signed posters such as this one of "The Godfather" apparently believe that the stars of the movie came together as a group to autograph it. Id previously attended his meet and greet in Birmingham so know its authentic. In some cases, determining the source of authentic memorabilia is rather easy. Now, you go online to research and in fact, the cast of the Big Bang Theory did attend the San Diego Comic Con and did sign posters for a group of lucky fans. If I have any complaints at all, it'd only be that the frame is a little too heavy. We've partnered with UPS Express Worldwide to ensure that your products will get to you safely without any damage at all. Movie Posters. On the heels of the vintage poster scandal reported on earlier this month (see Charges of Fraud Rock The Collectible Movie Poster Market and Hobby), there has been more controversy in the collectible poster memorabilia field as yet another scandal - and altogether different kind of fraud - has been uncovered by members of that community.. Hurrell Portfolio III: Complete Box Set of (10) 16 x 20 Photos, Pulp Fiction Advance One Sheet: Beware of Bootlegs. All business will get complaints. Well, Poster Memorabilia is selling a truly jaw-dropping poster signed by the entire cast which comes framed with a certificate of authenticity. Usually ships within 3 to 4 days. Yes, there ARE double sided bootlegs out there!! So, with my own network of fellow collectors around the world, I started this site to help you fellow hardcore movie fans to find out which websites and stores are worth checking out! As with any introduction, being polite and straightforward with intentions helps create understanding from the beginning. You can tell from the paper and print if they are original and also most poster up until the mid 90s were always sent out folded. The signatures here are all counterfeits produced by the Operation Bullpen crew, which, like all forgers, liked to work with photographs because they can easily reproduce and print them in tremendous quantities. Its my prize possession! Authenticity is everything to us at PosterMemorabilia.com. It is read more, Tons of fakes exist for the Style A, B, and C one sheets. I, of course, love the chick flicks and the ultimate is forever, Pretty Woman. So you can imagine my shrieks when I saw it for the first time. Brand: Hollywood Memorabilia $ 3,635. We Ship FREE Worldwide. From left, George H.W. https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/postermemorabiliadotcom/selling-fake-cast-signed-coas-1499975. REBUTTAL BOX If the background told by the seller starts having holes, then you should start being skeptical. Celebrity Skin Cream wrinkle cream rip-off advertisements US Based and Foreign companies bilked consumers out of Hundreds of Millions of dollars over the past 7 years. Think about it logically. This service is currently available to customers in the USA and Canada, and allows you to split your purchase into interest-free installments. To door or not to door? Although there are deals to be found for the experienced collector and the lucky few, a low price typically correlates with questionable authenticity. We offer a shopping and customer service experience like no other. Poster Memorabiliadid provide a certificate of authenticity, after all. They aren't hanging out together somewhere, conveniently waiting to be approached by autograph dealers with posters. If it looks too good to be true, it probably is. All rights reserved. Autographed posters are a great investment opportunity for those looking to make money in the future. Question - Original Authentic Movie Posters | AVForums If you're shopping for one, use extreme caution because more than likely you're about to be burned. I searched online and found a blog that said they were reprints or autopen. Each item in our collection is examined and certified by PSA/DNA, Beckett, or OAbefore release on our website or at a show. There are a couple of clear acid-free plastic materials that are commonly used for archival storage of movie posters; Polyethylene, and Polyester. They Beginning July 1, 2021, VAT will be charged on all commercial goods imported into the EU, regardless of value. It was the an experience with site. BUYER BEWARE! Fanatics Is Selling Counterfeit Sports Memorabilia! Another indicator to look for are the characteristics of an item. Mark Hamill Shows Star Wars Fans How to Spot Fake Autographs - MovieWeb How those businesses take care of those complaints is what separates good businesses from the rest. You cant go wrong with any of that! Real . How do I know my autographed poster is authentic? Amazing! Finally, we come to the category of seller that I fall under: Dealer. He proudly recounted the story of how, while on a trip to Hawaii, he saw a cast-signed Pulp Fiction poster at a memorabilia shop. The item should sell itself based on its authenticity and desirability, but a background can help. A Michael Jordan fan, for instance, can collect dozens of different products if he chooses, everything from basketballs, jerseys and sneakers to golf balls, cereal boxes, figurines and more. It was originally acquired about 6-7 years ago on ebay from a known fake/repro seller in Oklahoma. In this Photoshop tutorial, I walked you through the process of creating a vintage-themed memorabilia poster. Please note that your chosen frames have to be proportionate to the posters, as wrongly-fitting frames can also damage and decrease the worth of your memorabilia. How Forgers Make Cash from Fake Celebrity Photos and Movie Posters and as time goes by they are going to look more and more real and fool more and more people. Coca-Cola 50th Anniversary Cardboard Poster . Now, as a novice, you are unknowingly deciding between an authentic item and a forgery how can you make the right choice? As a result, I highly recommend that when wanting to become more involved in the hobby, all collectors join communities that focus on items that appeal to them. In addition to the retail side of memorabilia, Mike hopes to use his experience in the industry to educate newcomers and help solve existing problems that collectors face. The truth is that some unscrupulous dealers from Rochester N.Y. and Oklahoma got together some years ago and illegally printed thousands of them. If you are going read more, The right frame is very important for preserving your original valuable movie posters. Who is ED Magedson - Founder, Ripoff Report. Their excellent service! We ship one-of-a-kind, certified authentic posters to your door, worldwide. These bootlegs are now about 20 years old! These bootlegs are of exceptional quality, and to the untrained eye can easily appear authentic. The complete guide on how to preserve and store a movie poster This should all be information that you consider prior to a purchase. Of all the commonly sold autographed items on the market, cast autographed movie . Also, the company, Poster Memorabilia, attached a certificate of authenticity to prove that the autographs are, in fact, legit. Separating a theater room from a large living room area. You really couldnt ask for more! If the latter, from who? Some of these forgeries originated years ago with the Operation Bullpen ring, and some are the work of more contemporary crooks. What is the history of the item? There are several reasons why buying certified authentic posters is important. Ive always known them to be mysterious and aloof, the type whod stray away from public life. A collector might have thought that since the piece was so unusual, it made sense in some curious way that Scorsese, Robert DeNiro, and the other stars of the movie might have all signed the script, too. Patients made into prostitutes and sex slaves, bilking insurance companies out of millions, Sac_County Iowa Prosecutor Ben Smith pays $750,000 to settle Ripoff Report 1983 civil rights lawsuit.. Federal Judge stops prosecutors abuse of power against ED Magedson Founder of Ripoff Report. To be honest, me too! Before it was rebuilt Lynda had to go back to the States to start filming Wonder Woman. As a final disclosure on sellers, I would like to add that all three types of sellers are prone to making an honest mistake. Lynda Carter in her PB poster for Apocalypse Now. Taken before - reddit If a photo, album or poster is filled with multiple signatures and it seems to good to be true, it probably is. Show customers why they should trust your business over your competitors Bought some Star Wars posters from these scam aritist's. US one sheet, i have all of Manns original posters from mostr of his movies. When I opened the thick tube, I knew I had something special. I didnt get them to sign anything myself, Im too much of a wimp for that. Asking more questions should help you get a better understanding of the background of the item. These communities are always home to knowledgeable collectors that are likely to have experienced the initial learning curve that you are going through. Company website run by crooks outside USA pretending to be in USA to get USA money taking your hard-earned dollars funneling it to the country of Peru, Better Business Bureau of South Florida BBB of South Florida Andre Amaro and the BBB of South Florida are harassing me and my small business! I had to put up with waiting for it for around two-and-a-half weeks until I got it. And yet many otherwise sophisticated people, apparently letting the wide-eyed child in them overwhelm their capacity for rational thought, indulge in this goofiness all the time, all the while padding the bank accounts of the forgers and their duplicitous accomplices. To provide yourself with a proper basis to work from, you will need to compile a grouping of unquestionably authentic items to compare to. With a little detective work outside of Ebay you can easily find out exactly who they are. You first analyze the signatures and the item itself, feeling comfortable so far with what you see. However, it should be noted that simply knowing of them is not enough years of practice and research in the hobby is necessary to fully begin understanding and avoiding fraud, and even then, new schemes will appear that you will need to study and understand. All are supposedly signed by cast members all, in fact, are forged which, to me, suggests the truly astonishing degree of self-deception or just plain ignorance that some people show when buying pieces of this sort. Poster Memorabilia did provide a certificate of authenticity, after all. But rather than buy that one, he went on the Internet and snapped up a different cast-signed poster that sold for less than the one at the shop. Usually MANY years after. Lastly, certified authentic posters can be a valuable addition to any collection. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. What you may not know is the problem is probably worse when it comes to entertainment autographs, especially of modern movie stars. These are very easy for the bootleggers to reproduce because of their small size. Thanks to their emails and helpful customer service, I was able to receive my poster myself when the UPS guy finally came to my home. The style A bootleg will have a small hair on Lukes belt, the style B bootleg will be missing the GAU logo, and the Style C bootleg will have a small hair on Leias back. Our posters are rolled and packed in extremely durable and safe tubes. Their ebay feedback is great because buyers do not know they have been ripped off (until it is too late). Download Source Files So a cloth placed under the black light will shine if it is a newer item but an item in WW II era . Factor 1: Pre-print A large portion of the signed sports memorabilia sold on the internet is actually fake. Beatles Poster Ringo Star High School Reunion The Fab Four Music Photography Beatles thermometer - never existed until the 70s. Consumers want to see how a business took care of business. They have been around since the late 80s and they are of excellent quality. Copyright 1997-2023, Ripoff Report. Please be sure to also read through that article to gain a deeper understanding of how to protect yourself in this hobby. The company has a domestic and international presence in both retail and wholesale markets.. Before Lynda could finish her scenes a typhoon destroyed the sets. This one completely fooled US!! THIS INFORMATION CAN ALSO BE FOUND IN THE NEW STAR WARS POSTER BOOK PUBLISHED IN 2005 BY LUCASFILM. Marketplaces that allow anyone to post items without any screening act as havens for peddlers of forgeries and counterfeits, and should be avoided. If you question them they claim they are part of a warehouse find. I've seen my fair share of autographs from them, both from my friends who are also superfans of the duo to online research. It may not display this or other websites correctly. You should note, however, that shipping expenses for the return lie solely on the customer. Beware of minty white lobby card sets from popular titles from the 70s and 80s (see list above). Like, God! Forged Cuts: How Crooks Spun Pieces of Paper into Gold. Customer reviews and photos may be available to help you make the right purchase decision! These are items can be purchased for less than a dollar, resulting in little loss and investment for the fraudster if things go bad. They were real, and their prices were good. They are posters that were printed (usually from the original plates) well after the films release. They have been flooding the market with them ever since. Minty White Counterfeit 14x36 Inserts. Dont click on those slick Ads! They are ruining the hobby for new collectors. Everything matched and was legit. Though Im a successful financier on Wall Street, collecting movie posters is my passion in life. I though well its a 100% refundable. A RESTRIKE IS NOT AN ORIGINAL MOVIE POSTER!! ..and besides, according to Hailey P. "This poster is amazeballs!! Getting the cast or group to all sign a piece is often a foolhardy thought. There is no way for anyone to prove they are fake, so they will be able to continue selling them. The groups logo all shimmery and metallic, the autographsin bright yellow ink, no less!looked legit, and the frame was good and sturdy. They specialize in signed movie posters, ranging from MCU and DCEU films to even classics like The Godfather and Pulp Fiction. And, as youve probably already surmised, they also have a great collection of music posters too. Posters are available in every price range and style and we never sell reproductions. They have an endless supply of these reproductions. www.mym3media.com, Linen Backing: A Method of Poster Conservation. A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. It would be very easy for a fraudster to look up this information themselves and add it to the listing of their forgery to fool unsuspecting buyers. This is the best way to manage and repair your business reputation. Hiding negative complaints is only a Band-Aid. Whats So Crazy About a Mother Teresa Baseball Anyhow? They were NOT printed for theater use. Then it often sits for months awaiting its release date, which is carefully timed by Hollywood to maximize the box office. Most fraudsters will choose to put out items that have the least cost of initial investment to them. Unfortunately,we no longer offer framing, but we highly recommend purchasing a frame from:https://snapframesdirect.com. Zappiti 4K Rip NAS - Any good? When looking at this sellers offerings, you should typically see a theme where a specific genre, sport or person is the focus of the items they are selling. wanna bet those are fakes? To make them appear theater used, the bad guys have started to fold them because they were having trouble selling them rolled. For more information, visit our Privacy Policy here:https://postermemorabilia.com/pages/privacy-policy. Some of the titles include Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back, Jaws, Taxi Driver, The Godfather, Raiders of the Lost Ark, A Clockwork Orange, Alien, Star Trek, Blade Runner, Scarface, etc.. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. 99. "You have to know just what to. is postermemorabilia.com the real deal? - Blowout Cards Forums The Professor is not a real person. This website uses the TMDb API but is not endorsed or certified by TMDb. The reason they appear so real is because they were printed from the same plates as the originals, only it was done over 10 years later in the late 1980s! The thieves in Rochester have also started selling them for Buy it Now $75.00. As a result, investing some time into researching the item you are after is crucial. In June 2007 we acquired a Jaws insert that looked and felt right. Has your experience with this business or person been good? They have been selling them to newbies (new, non experienced collectors) for years on ebay and at collector shows. In terms of private sellers however, there are three different types that you are likely to encounter when searching for memorabilia: The One-Off seller is likely to know little to nothing about memorabilia and has a random item that they are looking to sell (an item may be handed down to them or randomly obtained, among other possibilities). They went so far as to give proof of their legitimacy. Im writing this complaint so that others dont spend their hard earned money on fake crap these guys are selling! In addition to being minty white, there are other factors like paper and print quality that prove they are fake. Now, I know what youre going to ask: are the autographs real? The Style A insert has also been read more, Hello fellow movie poster collectors! that shit is priceless!!! They measure a full 27x41 but most you will find are restrikes. The poster was shoot by the great Pompeo Posar and it appears in a couple of scenes. Remember that if it looks fraudulent or questionable, it probably is. Buying memorabilia on a whim is likely to result in disappointment once the item is discovered to be fake. As a result, you should be wary about items that are typically always in demand or are experiencing heightened popularity. Some can even look aged/old like an original. Oh, and they sent it via UPS and a cute delivery guy handed it to me so thats an added bonus! Once they arrived I sent photos off to Beckett authentication services for a second option, they said.. WOULD NOT PASS FULL AUTHENTICATION. We also used Adobe Illustrator to create stylish badge logo. Beware of Pulp Fiction recalled advance one sheets.