These beaches are clean and seldom overcrowded while offering many fun activities like surfing and water games. Your email address will not be published. Stuart is a great place to live for those who enjoy outdoor activities. Without the knowledge, you will feel as though you are living in a climate that simply never changes. When you move to Florida, you have to learn the art of defensive driving. Equal Housing Lender. People tend to have their own vehicles, and because of the nice weather, they also walk or bike. The Downtown Stuart point sits right between where the St. Lucie River divides into eastern and western sections. Fees that Niche receives for ads do not affect the terms you may be offered by the lender you choose. The area is also known for its excellent schools, making it a great place to raise a family. When determining what cities are good for your personality, life situation, and personal preferences, there are many factors to consider including climate, cost of living, community, job opportunities, population makeup, activities, and things to do. The beach is very close which is nicea and we have some good food spots. I would highly recommend visiting this town. There are many areas of Florida where the housing costs are lower or at least fair. Google Pixel 5 Pros and Cons Is It Worth the Money? Dont be surprised if people are a little OCD about cleanliness here. This leads out to the North Atlantic Ocean. When it comes to trains and buses, the system is not all that good and can be a bit difficult to make it work from one area to another. Lets say you really do like the Island Rood Cava Bar and want to make that your regular hangout. To the west, you'll find newer. You can find these near state parks, but there are options all over. If youre considering making the move to Stuart, its important to weigh all these factors carefully before making your decision. Public transportation is not popular in Florida. Unique, beautiful, affordable, clean, friendly, great for kids. For later this year, theres an ArtsFest coming up in November. What Are The Pros And Cons Of Living In Orlando Florida? So after a long week, head over to the beach with your friends or family to have some fun! An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. Electricity, water, and other utilities can be more expensive than in other parts of the state. One of the best aspects about living in Florida is that many different cities are not too far away. You will have to find out for yourself what pub youd like best. Low wildfire risk. PS4 Pros and Cons Is It Worth The Money? If you are interested in finding a job in Florida, the service industry is the place to look. Many local businesses post job openings on their websites or social media pages, so be sure to check those out as well. Some people in their 20s and 30s, for example, have children. You can keep a wardrobe of mostly summer attire when you live in the state of Florida. From art galleries and museums to music festivals and farmers markets, there is something for everyone to enjoy. Stuart Current Resident: A small but welcoming community. It hurts to see my hometown build things that dont matter to the local families. One Id like to spend time in is the Inlet Aquatic Reserve, which stretches from Jensen to Jupiter Beaches. This is higher than the average salary of US citizens currently sitting at $35,977. Stuart cost of living is 99.5. Many areas of Florida are built to be a good spot for middle-income Americans to live. There are lots of discounts for residents of the state for entertainment and travel, especially when staying within the state. Stuart needs to maintain it's rural, small town feel. . An increased income will help you save money too. They not only devour a cultural diet of everything from southern rock to the Borscht Belt shtick of Jackie Mason, they also stand and cheer for just about every performer. The most affordable cities to live in Florida are Quincy, Cape Coral, Gainesville, Palm Bay, and Orlando. In many of the built-up cities, you can find public transportation, but outside of that, you will need to rely on your own transportation to get around. In addition, many places will raise prices in the winter when the tourists come to take advantage of the great weather. It used to be really affordable, not so much anymore. Other fun places to go include Florida Oceanographic Coastal Center, Elliott Museum, Shepard Park, Stuart Heritage Museum, Halpatiokee Regional Park, Riverwalk Cafe, and Oyster Bar, and many more. Places with the Best Public Schools in Florida. The cost of car insurance in Florida is even more expensive than it is in New York. This city has a wide range of public transport available, including buses, taxis, and Uber. ), Why Is Newport Beach So Expensive? Living in Florida - Pros and Cons & Cost of Living That doesnt mean Id want to hide in a suburb, but perhaps Id fit into a cozy little town. This is why so much of Florida is built to help make retirement even better and more enjoyable for those who are done with working. Its my own mini-Manhattan, he said. This is quite expensive compared to real estate prices in other cities in Florida, and it is more than the countrys average. Downtown Stuart remains the citys and countys focal point. #1. The city has a thriving theater community with several performance venues throughout the city. These critical factors include the citys lifestyle, cost of living, job market, and more. Most moved to Florida for a better life and to enjoy the beaches, theme parks and everything else they loved about vacations in the Sunshine State. During the daytime and early evening, you can attend various community events promoted by Martin County. It has a population of about 17,000 people, making it small and friendly. Another thing about Florida that can be odd is the way the communities are organized. Know what youre getting into before entering a neighborhood, especially alone. You will get the Atlantic Ocean on the east side of the state and the Gulf of Mexico on the west. There is a lot to do during the day and there are lots of beautiful beaches. Growing up in Stuart was the best! For the majority of Florida, the weather is going to be warm all year long. You also might contend with lizards you didnt intend on having as pets. Citizens in Stuart value their individuality and the citys long history. Its described as a bar and restaurant plus dining hotspot for singles on Google. However, the high crime rate is a significant drawback, and if youd rather not have rain disrupt your plans very often, you might not enjoy living in this city. There is no doubt that Florida has some of the best beaches in the country. Most people think of Florida as being a very affordable place to live. WHERE Stuart is in southeast Florida, about 40 miles north of West Palm Beach. This is another reason some people will decide that Florida is not necessarily the right fit for them. Great Hospitals and Retirement Conditions. If youre looking for boutique-quality handbags or couture clothing, you wont find much of that directly in Stuart. With its sandy beaches, outdoor activities, and vibrant cultural scene, Stuart is a great place to live and work. Christianity is a big lifestyle in Stuart, but often pressed on others who do not believe in their belief. As great as it may seem for the weather to be warm all year round, there are some not-so-great things that go along with living in Florida. This is one of those costs that you really wont have a way around. Most of the violent crimes occur downtown and on the peninsula and coastal areas. If you are not a history buff and dont care to know about things that have happened in the past, then this may not bother you. Stuart is in Martin County and is one of the best places to live in Florida. Find Top Real Estate Agents In Your Market I'm Selling I'm Buying 13310 S Ridge Dr. Ste. While the convenience of cities are nice, the calm and relaxing atmosphere of rural areas should be preserved. Besides, you may make a higher salary here, depending on your chosen profession. About Press Copyright Contact us Creators Advertise Developers Terms Privacy Policy & Safety How YouTube works Test new features NFL Sunday Ticket Press Copyright . One of the biggest pros of living in Port St Lucie is the cost of home owners insurance which if you are not familiar Florida has some of the highest insurance premiums of all the other states in the US. Niche ranks thousands of places to live based on key statistics from the U.S. Census and expert insights. The only option is to take a trip to one of the nearest major cities like Miami or Orlando. I have live here for a few years, like it a lot. Niche may be compensated by the third party lenders and others who place ads on the website. Florida has plenty of state park options for you to enjoy. More Cities To Check Out: Pros and cons of the Florida Panhandle; Pros and cons of Stuart; Pros and . He had looked at wealthy Palm Beach County to the south (and similarly well-heeled Indian River County to the north) and didnt like what he saw compared with Martin County. Commute time is normally low but it isn't uncommon for traffic to be clogged by a wreck or obstruction. Pros and cons of living in Stuart, Florida! - YouTube Its like you had to wear your balance sheet on your sleeve, he said. Once they are gone, we can never have them back. Stuart, FL - Niche The Pros And Cons Of Living In Navarre, Fl, Living In Tampa FL Pros And Cons (Complete Guide). Should you move to Stuart, Florida? POPULATION 16,155, according to a 2006 Census Bureau estimate. If thats you, you may feel better about checking out Stuart, Bathtub, or Jensen Beaches. Pros and cons of living in Stuart, Florida! 2023 Copyright by Travel Safe - Abroad. Our cost of living indices are based on a US average of 100. Stuart has many attractions that can keep you busy all year round. To travel to West Palm Beach, Florida, which is 49 minutes away by car, you need simply head south from Stuart. This makes Florida appear as though it is a great place to achieve financial wealth. To the west, youll find newer communities of the sort typical throughout South Florida. The warm weather will make the outdoors an extension of your home. Stuarts poverty rate is 18.7% which is higher than the average poverty rate in Florida is 15.5%. Stewart, FL doesnt have the convenient ferry routes that some other cities may have. Great Business and Art Sectors. Almost all expected it to be a "permanent" move. Stuarts climate is one of its biggest advantages. New homes along a channel near the St. Lucie River. The St. Augustine area tends to have a lot of history about Florida and things that have happened there. The sales tax of Monty County is around 0.5%, whereas the sales tax in Florida is 6.5%. There is really no way around this for many Florida homeowners. These facilities provide a wide range of services including general medical care, emergency services, and specialty care. However, like all places, Stuart also has its disadvantages. The Pros, Cons and Best Places to Live or Retire in Florida It is such a beautiful, loving, family friendly place to be. But within a short walk or drive are leafy neighborhoods, with homes built decades ago that retain an old Florida feel. iPhone XR Pros and Cons Is It Worth The Money? I dont do it as much as I used to, but I would want to know that I have the option to partake in after-hours fun if I feel up to it. I think I would have a hard time with this. Thats excellent news for me because I hope to retire with a pet if I have to live alone at that time in my life. People will try to spend time outdoors and then realize it is simply too hot, and it is difficult to even stay outdoors. https://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/25/greathomesanddestinations/25havens.html. Dont forget Hobe Sound Beach on Jupiter Island as well, which you can drive to in about 30 minutessouthbound. Checking rates won't affect your credit score. If you are from up north and expect it to be cool for the holidays or for there to be a bit of snow, Florida can be a really tough transition. I know what its like to feel alone even though I am not technically a senior citizen yet. You might have different motivations to live here than I would, however, and thats okay. You can enjoy a meal while listening to a live band and enjoying the comfortable temperatures. With its temperate climate, diverse housing options, and plenty of entertainment choices, Stuart has become a popular destination for retirees, families, and those looking for a great place to settle down. There are several quality-of-life amenities in the area such as parks, recreation centers, libraries, golf courses, and more. In Florida, it truly feels as though there is almost always humidity. Last but certainly not least is that you can grow your own fruits and vegetables in your Florida yard. The biggest pros of living in Florida are its robust economy, great job opportunities, climatic and weather condition, and beautiful landscape. Its not just fishing either, by the way. 1505 King St Ext #101, Charleston, SC 29405. Crush Wine Bar and Island Root Stuart Kava Bar are just two of the many bars, clubs, and lounges in the city. Theft, rather than physical assault, will likely be your biggest concern. Stuart is a small city located east from West Palm Beach famous for its waterfront setting full of outdoor activities such as fishing or kayaking in St. Lucie River Estuary Reserve allowing visitors to explore Florida's natural wonderland while discovering unique wildlife habitats and nearby islands offering glimpses into the regions nautical Use the menu in the orange box - on the left if you're using a PC - to review a variety of detailed facts and statistics we analyzed, including cost of living, climate, safety, community, infrastructure, education, and a list of pros and cons based on data from more than four dozen trusted sources. Here, you may save the most money on housing, transportation, and utilities. With its small-town charm and access to all the amenities of a larger city, Stuart is an ideal place to call home. A small but welcoming community. Stuart offers plenty of leisure space and boating, so youd probably feel more relaxed here than in a crowded beachfront city. What I mean by that is you see lots of familiar faces everyday but its not liek you know everything about everyone. Stuarts resident population consists of a mix of families, retirees, and people from all walks of life. Nonetheless, if youre looking for luxury goods, this isnt the place to be. Look here for a complete list of historical and cultural structures found in Stuart. Is Stuart, Florida a good place to live? I like how Stuart is a seaside town because I like to go to the beach. There are a lot of independent souls here, said John Loesser, the longtime executive director of the 500-seat Lyric. I think the social opportunities offered in Stuart are an excellent idea for people who do feel the need to connect with people but do not stay up until 2 a.m. On the other hand, Stuart does have its share of after-hour fun too. Living in Stuart comes with its benefits. The Martin County School District is committed to providing a quality education to all students, regardless of their background or financial situation. Pros And Cons Of Living In Stuart Florida Located on Florida's east coast and situated along the St. Lucie River, Stuart, Florida is a vibrant community known for its sandy beaches, outdoor activities, and historic downtown district. That's right below the U.S. average of $2.89. When you live in Florida, you will be tempted to enjoy golf, boating, fishing, and outdoor eating at all times. With Florida being a peninsula, there is so much coastline to enjoy. This city was given its name in honor of Home Hine Stuart Jr., and it is located on the Atlantic Coast. Citizens in Stuart can keep updated with live traffic updates from FL511 through their Twitter page. You will have to worry about theft in most cases, rather than violence. You will need to be able to anticipate the moves that other drivers are going to make. This city has several pros, making it an excellent option to live in. The population total of Stuart is currently 16,186, which has declined by -0,10% since the population was recorded in 2010, which means that the population growth of Stuart currently decreasing. B- Stuart Cost of Living Cost of living is 6% lower than Florida. There are also many parks in this city, especially for families with young children. At the same time, a more cosmopolitan element comes into play downtown, where a New Urbanist-style redevelopment plan was put in place two decades ago that encouraged pedestrian-friendly design and welcomed merchants of all kinds: a sandal shop, a pottery studio, an ice cream parlor and fudge emporium. Boasting some of the best beaches in the state, its the perfect spot to go swimming or fishing. I even heard its a place for people who have pets. These amenities range from as high as 10% to about 4% cheaper than in the rest of America. This is pretty much the opposite of why you move to Florida. Although it will be impossible to live without any crime, there are some gated communities that are considered to be quite safe and good for families. The EPA also said that residents shouldnt touch, inhale or offer this water to adults, children, or pets. There are several things to do as follows. 94 6% less expensive than the US average. It gets pretty boring with not much to do and nothing great for teens other than the mall and beach which aren't always well kept up. If one of your favorite meals is a great piece of fish or a lobster, Florida cuisine will keep you quite happy. If you stay away from alligators, they will typically leave you alone, so just be mindful when you are around the edge of a pond. Thats why John Olson, a lifelong resident of the New York region, bought a second home here in 2001 a three-bedroom house for around $500,000. What Are The Pros And Cons Of Living In Clearwater Fl? It is the perfect place for those looking for a relaxing lifestyle in the Sunshine State. There are around 60 inches of rain each year, which is more than the average rainfall of the US, which is 38 inches. The cost of living in Stuart is relatively affordable. High Cost of Living. These are the top 5 pros and cons of living in Stuart Florida. In certain areas, there are high crime rates. With the weather and the amenities, Florida is simply a place that everybody wants to enjoy at some point. 2022 Home & Money. Discover the schools, companies, and neighborhoods that are right for you.