Bobby Simon had recently moved on up from membership in a local fraternal organization known as the Warlords into the Warlocks Motorcycle Club, among the hardest of hardcore one-percenters. I stepped around poor Yo-Yo and quickly got the hell out of there myself. We were just practicing our blocking techniques for football season.. Gonzalez exited his patrol cruiser and proceeded to question the vehicle's occupants. Your story is one of the few that actually reflects part of Bobbys real personality. Simon shot Gonzalez twice, in the head and neck, and Gonzalez died instantly. Mudmans mea culpa: Guess I overreacted again, huh?. Hogan said Warlocks activity in Franklin Township was a major issue during his tenure as police chief. : Mudman Classification: Murderer Characteristics: The Warlocks motorcycle gang member Number of victims: 3 + Date of murders: 1974 / 1984 / 1995 Date of birth: 1950 Victims profile: His 19-year-old girlfriend / A fellow inmate / Sgt. American outlaw biker and murderer (19541999), fatal shooting of Franklin Township police sergeant Ippolito Gonzalez, State Correctional Institution Graterford, State Correctional Institution Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Board of Probation and Parole, Franklin Township, Somerset County, New Jersey, "Unknown dangers: Fatal shooting of N.J. police officer still felt 20 years later", "Jim Six: 'They shot Lee,' the officer cried, 'Get 'em, get 'em, get 'em! The two shared an uneasy co . ``He was a sociopath. We are men 1st and formost. Give em to your mom. Mud killed a guy in the chow line at SCI Pittsburgh. Gonzalez was 40 years old at the time of his death. People, even the worst people, are more complex than that. It was the first official 1% outlaw motorcycle club founded in Pennsylvania.The club is most prominent in the Philadelphia and Delaware County area, but they have . On December 17, 1992, Kristin Huggins, a twenty-two year old graphic artist, left her parents' home in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, to paint a mural at the Trenton . On a sunny September morning Mud got into an altercation on the death row yard with a con known as Squirt Boy, a scumbag awaiting final judgment for the rape and murder of a young artist. The Mudman lived there too. With the permission of the parole and prison authorities in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, Mr. Simon had relocated to It wasnt the Iowa Writers Workshop, exactly. Thousands of police officers from around the Northeast attended Gonzalezs funeral Thursday in Vineland, N.J. The neighborhood was a bit of a bastard, as neighborhoods went. Christie Whitman has asked for a report on the parole bureaus role. 2023 Advance Local Media LLC. If you Google the words 'Robert Mudman Simon' or type them into the archives of the Philadelphia Inquirer and Daily News, links to hundreds of articles magically appear. In order to write about those things, a certain journalistic detachment is required. On May 6th, less than three months after being released from prison, Simon, along with another Warlock, Charles "Shovel" Staples, was pulled over in Gloucester County, NJ, by Police Sgt. Ippolito 'Lee' Gonzalez during a traffic stop in May. In 1999 death row inmate Robert "Mudman" Simon, who was convicted of killing a police officer, died during a fight. Certainly it's not the majority of motorcycle enthusiasts," he offered. If you messed with the people he cared about, you got hurt but on the most part, fighting wasnt something that came natural to him. [16], After a total three parole rejections, Simon was recommended for parole in November 1994 by a PBPP hearing examiner under the conditioned that he abstain from alcohol and avoid contact with the Warlocks Motorcycle Club. "This was a tragic loss. Something Sand saw, or at least thought had increased after the shooting, was more than one officer responding to a motor vehicle stop. A Pennsylvania State Trooper, heading home from work, witnesses a car speeding and crashing into trees. Simon shot Gonzalez twice, in the head and neck, and Gonzalez died instantly. March 3 (UPI) -- Firefighters in Britain responded to a home to rescue a horse that had fallen into its owner's swimming pool and was unable to get itself out. "Prison is a violent place," he said. The 43-year-old Simon, whose criminal record began at age 8, was arrested in the 1974 murder of 19-year-old Beth Smith Dusenberg while he sat in prison for armed robbery. Harris life was spared when New Jersey abolished the death penalty in 2007. Simon, grinning, said: Now Yo-Yo got a pain in both of his yos. Get lost.. Two busy shopping centers. The first bullet passed through the side of his neck, knocking the officer to the ground. [8][9] According to his fellow Warlock bikers, Simon talked about having sexual intercourse with Dusenberg's mummified corpse after he buried it in a water-filled strip mine near Hazleton and even hoped to decorate his jail cell with physical photographs of such evidence. "As with any criminal enterprise, it's something we're mindful of.". Ill catch up with you later! he hissed behind Mr. Carrs back. Not only for the Gonzalez family, but for the Franklin Township Police Department," said Gloucester County Prosecutor Sean Dalton, who was a state legislator at the time of the shooting. You want a partner? The club is most prominent in and has significant territory in the Delaware Valley, including Philadelphia, Delaware County, South Jersey, and Wilmington, though they also have a heavy presence . "I have to do 31 years, four months and 19 days before becoming eligible for parole on Oct. 26, 2026. But Harris, a convicted murderer and rapist . Clipped by. I socialized and did business with quite a few individuals that most people wouldnt want to know. Publication date. Simon was a motorcycle gang member who was sentenced to death . There was Yo-Yo, pacing restlessly, smoking one of those Winstons allegedly purchased for his mother. ``Its the only case where I ever wore a bulletproof vest, Lavelle said. Gonzalez's radio request for backup. The most highly publicized case heard in Lavelle's courtroom was the 1982 trial of Robert "Mudman" Simon, a founding member of the Philadelphia-based Warlocks motorcycle gang. "I know I'll die in prison, so I've essentially been sentenced to death for planning a burglary and being there when an officer was killed," Staples wrote in a typed letter to the South Jersey Times. Lavelle said dozens of Warlocks circled the courthouse on their motorcycles each day of the trial and frightened the jurors, possibly leading to the second-degree murder conviction instead of a first-degree verdict. More Local News to Love Start today for 50% off Expires 3/6/23, the fatal shooting of Franklin Township police Sgt. . While in prison, authorities said Harris viciously beat inmate Robert "Mudman" Simon, 48, to death in a recreation area in 1999. Simon and Charles ``Shovel Staples, the vice president of the Warlocks South Jersey chapter, are charged with murdering Franklin Township Sgt. Maybe shell buy you a can of soup.. The configuration of the streets was no more receptive to outsiders than was the citizenry. Ambrose Harris - convicted, sentenced to death, overturned, sentenced to LWOP (also killed Robert "Mudman" Simon in prison) Gloria Lynne Dunn - pled guilty, sentenced to 30 years in prison. Mudman, many felt, received a lethal Bollingen Prize of poetic justice. Then theres the One Percenter Bikers, official FB page of the www.OnePercenterBikers.com, with over 20,000 followers. Harris was sentenced to death and sent to prison in 1994 for kidnapping, raping and killing 22-year-old Kristin Huggins. Shit., Yo, pointing at me, said, Im gonna kick his ass. Bobby helped them discard her body because thats what bros do. I guess they want to make sure they get the details right, wouldnt want any misinformation, or fake news, out there about your motorcycle gang. Pa. 1999)", "MEDICAL RECORDS MAY IDENTIFY BURNED BODY POLICE", "Mihalick v. Simon, CIVIL ACTION NO. They committed the act, Gonzalez pulled the duo over right before his shift was about to end, Simon fatally shot the officer before being wounded himself. Simon stated that he shot Gonzalez because he didnt want to go back the prison. Simon stood accused of murdering his girlfriend, Beth Smith Dusenberg of Drexel Hill, and dumping her body in a water-filled coal mine pit near Hazleton, where it was . I was in sixth grade. "Then he climbed on a table and stomped on his head." The Bucks County, Pennsylvania, artist and recent Temple University graduate was painting a community mural in Trenton in 1992. Required fields are marked *. Officials did not release a cause of death. Inmate hopes for freedom were now nearly dashed . A place where the dialogue in the Irish bars was much different than anything ever heard in Ike Godseys General Store. Very interesting. His criminal wrongdoings reportedly began as early as age 8. Simon was a motorcycle gang member who was sentenced to death for the 1995 murder of Franklin Township Police Sgt. Div . The fourteen other inmates housed therein, a quirky crew including a shy and sensitive child murderer and a transgender cop killer in a platinum blond wig, looked on. It proved unsuccessful and he ended up back in the slammer. The mud-man first appeared . After refusing to abide the warning, the officer shot Simon in the leg which caused him to flip over the guardrail and surrender to the authorities thereafter. National Park Service: 'Never push a slower friend down' in a bear encounter, March 2 (UPI) -- The National Park Service offered some sage advice for park visitors who encounter bears: "Never push a slower friend down. The only thing Bobby was guilty of was helping them to dispose of the body. Tell you the truth, I been considering a B&E myself. ``When I sentenced him, he looked up at me and muttered, `F you and turned his back on me., Connect with the definitive source for global and local news. He moved toward me once again. Simon shot Gonzales twice, in the head and neck, killing him instantly. The Judiciary Committee is investigating how Simon, a member of the Warlocks motorcycle gang, was able to win parole and move to Williamstown, N.J., a community known for Warlocks activity. Committee Chairman Stewart Greenleaf said the testimony, despite coming from convicted felons, was troubling. Copyright 2023 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. In the immortal words of Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons: Girl, we cant change the places where we were born. Other lasting effects, real or perceived, still resonate to those who were there and helped bring about justice. "The most dangerous time for police officers is the beginning and end of their shift.". Therefore, the final execution to take place at the prison was a January 22, 1963 electrocution. Ambrose Harris, 47, sentenced to death for raping and killing a 22-year-old artist, attacked Simon, who shot dead a police officer four years ago, said investigators. Pennsylvanias parole board chairman, Allen Castor, on Thursday called Simons release ``incomprehensible. He said the Warlock walked free under a state law that requires approval from two of the five parole board members or a board member and a hearing examiner. He started in my direction, with obvious enthusiasm. "There's still a criminal element that's involved with motorcycle gangs. Simon and Staples were then taken into police custody. He was acquitted. ", Original reporting and incisive analysis, direct from the Guardian every morning. This case tragically arose on the night of May 6, 1995 when Ippolito "Lee" Gonzalez, a Franklin Township, NJ police officer, was shot and killed during a routine traffic stop by one Robert "Mudman" Simon, a longtime member of the "Warlocks" motorcycle gang and a recent parolee from the Pennsylvania prison system. [7] At one point, Simon had a spider-web tattooed onto his elbow, which was rumored to signify he had murdered someone. Robert "Mudman" Simon, 48, was killed by Ambrose Harris, 46, in the recreation area of death row at the New Jersey State Prison in Trenton, officials said. Simon, a motorcycle gang member who was one of the state's most notorious prisoners, was pronounced dead after being involved in the fight with Ambrose Harris, corrections spokeswoman Mary Ellen Bolton said. Ippolito "Lee" Gonzalez of Franklin Township, Gloucester County, New Jersey pulled over Warlocks members Robert "Mudman" Simon and Charles "Shovel" Staples on a traffic stop moments after the two had committed a commercial burglary. The Warlocks Motorcycle Club is a one-percenter outlaw motorcycle club that was formed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1965. "I think Robert Simon would rather have died on the floor fighting than take his lethal injection," said John Call, his former lawyer. Ippolito Gonzalez. But things arent always written in simplistic black and white, in the harsh neon of a single dimension. My dear friend Patti sent a letter in response to my post the other day about walking along Merion Rd when the Pagan MC drove by: in the 1970s, members of the Warlocks (NFM: the main rivals to the Pagan MC) were suspected in the deaths of a 17-year-old girl and a 20-year-old woman whose skeletal remains were found in the Tinicum marsh, now known as the John Heinz Wildlife Preserve. After doing so, one of the two Warlock bikers shot Gonzalez a total of two times. A 19th Century mansion on a wooded tract owned by two wealthy eccentric spinster sisters. Ippolito Gonzalez. Simon later said he shot Sergeant Gonzalez because he did . My friends? He didnt seem like much more of an asshole than most people when you were dealing with him. [4][5] Being a member of the gang was such a substantial part of Simon's life to the point where he would even tout his religion as "Warlock". He was suspected of involvement in several other murders. While in prison, authorities said Harris viciously beat inmate Robert "Mudman" Simon, 48, to death in a recreation area in 1999. The Mudman lived there too. [7] Simon was also suspected of murdering an inmate at State Correctional Institution Pittsburgh during his incarceration period. Mr. Carr loved Trixie; a few white lies never hurt anyone. Cookie Settings/Do Not Sell My Personal Information. Cookie Settings/Do Not Sell My Personal Information. Go screw a squirrel or something. Ippolito "Lee" Gonzalez of Franklin Township, Gloucester County, New Jersey pulled over Warlocks members Robert "Mudman" Simon and Charles "Shovel" Staples on a traffic stop moments after the two had committed a commercial burglary. His mother smoked about as often as mine did, which was never. I had The Mudman and his cohorts, and their victims. My mom? A.K.A. Yo-Yo, who couldve single-handedly transformed the Summer of Love into a winter of discontent, sneaked up behind me. Simon shot Gonzalez twice, in the head and neck, and Gonzalez died instantly. Prison officers were reported to have taken at least five minutes to intervene in the fight. March 2 (UPI) -- A Florida woman earned a Guinness World Record when she completed 23 ultra-marathon runs -- 31.1 miles -- in a 23-day period. You could have a couple of beers and a few laughs with him and escape unscathed. HARRISBURG, Pa., Sept. 28 -- A Pennsylvania prison inmate said Thursday that outlaw biker Robert 'Mudman' Simon bribed his way out of Graterford state prison 11 weeks before he was charged with . Casing the place? Simon promptly departed from the vehicle's passenger side and attempted to flee the area on foot whilst aiming his gun at one of the responding police officers who was ordering him to halt. Heads rolled. Ambrose Harris, 68, died Tuesday at New Jersey State Prison in Trenton, the state Department of Corrections said. On May 6, 1995 Police Sgt. Beautifully maintained parks and athletic fields. Robert (Mudman) Simon, released from Graterford state prison in February after serving 20 years, is one of two men charged with the fatal shooting of Franklin Township, N.J., Officer Ippolito . He soon shot and killed a New Jersey police officer. If you Google the words Robert Mudman Simon or type them into the archives of the Philadelphia Inquirer and Daily News, links to hundreds of articles magically appear. In 1982, Simon was convicted for the 1974 second degree murder of his 19-year-old girlfriend, Beth Smith Dusenberg, who had refused to engage in group sex with him and other members of the Warlocks. One Warlock, Robert Mudman Simon, was convicted in 1981 of killing a Carbon County woman. British bus driver stops to give loose sheep a lift. 03 Apr 1997, Thu Page 3. A. Charles Peruto Jr., the lawyer who represented Simon before the board, said New Jersey, not Pennsylvania, should bear the responsibility for allowing him to settle so close to his buddy Staples. 404 pages. Simon took a .45 caliber handgun that belonged to his wingman. [4] A frequent user of drugs and alcohol, he went by the club moniker "Mudman" as well as informal nickname of "Bobby Simon". BLUE ROUTE Author Ed McGinnis Publishes Third Novel, THE DREAM GARDEN, AND A JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE MIND, UNSOLICITED WRITING ADVICE & THE ILLUMINATED SUBJECT, THE FOREVER FAMILY AND THE GENESIS OF A TITLE, PERSEVERANCE, PERSISTENCE AND THE PWP 3850. Simon stood accused of murdering his girlfriend, Beth Smith Dusenberg of Drexel Hill, and dumping her body in a water-filled coal mine pit near Hazleton, where it was . 'I was told if I said anything, they would kill me,' he said. "Robert Simon being released from jail just never should have happened," said Steve Sand, former Gloucester County assistant prosecutor who tried the two in court. With a bit more hair and a little less ink, these might have been the limbs of a lowland gorilla. After that, paroles, like commutations, declined dramatically. More Local News to Love Start today for 50% off Expires 3/6/23, Lancaster resident found guilty of giving man serious brain injuries during bar fight. Officials did not release a cause of death. He may have redeemed himself, or possibly was just playing it smart to avoid capture, but either, I bet, was of little solace to his victim's loved ones.. A man who raped and killed a Pennsylvania artist and who . The killing occurred 11 weeks after Simon's release from Graterford. They went up the mountains to another chapters clubhouse to see one of the guys staying up there whom the girl was seeing. He chuckled and swaggered off toward his house up the block. HARRISBURG, Pa., Sept. 28 -- A Pennsylvania prison inmate said Thursday that outlaw biker Robert 'Mudman' Simon bribed his way out of Graterford state prison 11 weeks before he was charged with murdering a New Jersey police officer. Robert "Mudman" Simon By genealogy.com user February 05, 2000 at 06:01:36. They still have to pull over that car and they don't know what's behind the tinted window," Sand said of police work -- a world of "real threats and unknown dangers.". Of course, none of us. Asbury Park, New Jersey. Who was I going to call? The most highly publicized case heard in Lavelle's courtroom was the 1982 trial of Robert "Mudman" Simon, a founding member of the Philadelphia-based Warlocks motorcycle gang. That girl was a good friend of his whom he brought up the mountains to see her boyfriend. Its a shame that there arent more like him. In any case, you work with what youve got, your own personal deep well, or strip mine, of source material. #26. Of course, none of us wants to go to prison and therefore avoid illegal activities like burglary and murder. The D&D crowd just loved me. This new edition of a true-crime classic includes the killing of biker Robert "Mudman" Simon by Ambrose Harris on the prison's death row. Simon was jailed in 1982 for 10 to 20 years after killing a girlfriend who refused to have sex with gang members. The second and final gunshot entered Gonzalez's skull behind his right ear, lodging itself within his brain. A jury acquitted Harris of Simon's death, saying he acted in self-defense. The gang member, Robert Simon, 45, who was also known as Mudman, showed no emotion as the verdict was pronounced. Some examples of OMC related FB pages: The Warlocks MC NY Facebook page has 907 followers. Operating at the time out of what's now a bank in Newfield, Hogan said his force wire-tapped the Warlocks' phones and raided their headquarters a few times. I might as well have been a child molester. YouTubes privacy policy is available here and YouTubes terms of service is available here. Robert "Mudman" Simon. So strong was Robert "Mudman" Simon's influence at the Graterford state prison that he was able to run a drug ring from behind bars, according to a cell block neighbor. His gaze was chilling. But he might knock my teeth out. Mudman or as his friends referred to him Bobby or Uncle Booby, did not kill that girl. Yo-Yo glared at me, baring his teeth. By most accounts, Simon was a career criminal. Approximately 85 B & W ill., including interior photos of the 1835 prison. We believe in taking care of our own. At various points in his career as a hardened outlaw biker, Simon burned down a store on the Ocean City, New Jersey boardwalk and committed armed robbery. It was a warm, sunny spring afternoon. He didnt stay very long. While on Death Row, Harris attacked and killed another Death Row inmate, Robert "Mudman" Simon, a beefy, scraggly long-haired and long-bearded 48-year-old outlaw biker, with several previous murder convictions. Simon was a motorcycle gang member who was sentenced to death for the 1995 murder of Franklin Township Police Sgt. [22][23], Franklin Township police sergeant Ippolito Gonzalez died the following day via the gunshot wounds sustained from the incident. And with the victim being a police officer, I won't be paroled the first time I come up.". He was known to be a bit touched in the head, and not by an angel. As an honor to Gonzalez, two graduating Delsea Regional High School students are awarded a $1,500 scholarship every year to further their education in law enforcement. One of the most infamous Warlocks is Robert "Mudman" Simon, who gained national attention in May for shooting a South Jersey policeman 11 weeks after Simon's parole on a murder charge. [17], Simon was paroled in February 1995, having served a total of 12-and-a-half-years of prison time. They clashed in the New Jersey state prison's recreation area where inmates can play chess and select books from a library. Martini watched as a fellow death-row inmate, Ambrose Harris, fatally beat Simon, stomping his head so hard he crushed Simon's skull. He was convicted of brutally murdering his girlfriend in a room atop the Darby garage of a fellow Warlock whose testimony about Nauss proudly showing him her body, secured Nauss's conviction even though her body was never found. "Harris apparently beat Simon down with his fists then kicked him until he was unconscious," said an investigator. Gloucester County Clerk James Hogan, who was chief of police in Franklin Township from 1976 to 1988, was a state parole board member before retiring in 1994. If you purchase a product or register for an account through one of the links on our site, we may receive compensation. Ippolito . Hed only been out three months so I can see why he wouldnt want to go back to prison. You bother my cousin here again, doofus, Im gonna throw your sorry ass in front of a trolley, get it?, Simon winked at me. Simon shot Gonzalez twice, in the head and neck, and Gonzalez died instantly. With some petunias. The latter, a vice president for the Warlocks' South Jersey chapter, picked him up from prison and put him up in a mobile home community in Williamstown; a stipulation of Simon's parole was that he needed an address in New Jersey. The three guys were there with her. I turned around. Harris was sentenced to death and sent to prison in 1994 for kidnapping, raping and killing 22-year-old Kristin Huggins. He had formerly been sentenced to death by the state of New Jersey on May 6, 1995 for his part in the fatal shooting of Franklin Township police sergeant Ippolito Gonzalez. While in prison, authorities said Harris viciously beat inmate Robert Mudman Simon, 48, to death in a recreation area in 1999. Robert Simon was a member of the Upper Darby teen gang called the Warlords that merged with a group from Darby to create the Warlocks. He had a sick sense of humor, Davis said. In 1999, Harris stomped another death-row inmate in NJ State Prison - Robert "Mudman" Simon - to death. It was the first official 1% outlaw motorcycle club founded in Pennsylvania. Dan Lendo, a former Graterford activities specialist, remembers Warlocks gang member Robert "Mudman" Simon being at Graterford for killing his girlfriend. One of the three got popped for a coffee and donuts bit and gave them that story to get him off the hook. ``From everything we knew, there was no report of motorcycle activity, and it had diminished considerably in the state, board spokeswoman Patricia Mulcahy said. Robert Ronald "Mudman" Simon (September 4, 1954 September 7, 1999), also known as Bobby Simon, was an American outlaw biker, convicted murderer and member of the Pennsylvania-based Warlocks Motorcycle Club. March 3 (UPI) -- A 7-year-old Louisiana boy with a firm grasp of baseball rules is seeking a Guinness World Record as the world's youngest umpire. Tattoos decorated both of Muds massive arms. He showed no remorse. And he might be sipping his dinner through straws for a while. Four years later, he was stomped to death by an inmate . [24] A firearms expert would later testify that the weapon found near Simon when during his apprehension was the same one used to kill Gonzalez. The information that we share is true to the best of our knowledge, but often misinformation has a way of appearing on the internet, so please contact us and let us know if our facts aren't right. In 1995, Pennsylvania Motorcycle Gang member Robert 'Mudman' Simon killed a police officer at a traffic stop and was sentenced to death. Retired Trenton Deputy Police Chief Joe Constance, who led the team of detectives on the Huggins case, told NJ Advance Media Wednesday that Harris was the most evil person Ive encountered in the 32 years I was on the job.. All rights reserved (About Us). TRENTON, N.J. (AP) Ambrose Harris and Robert "Mudman" Simon lived in side-by-side cells at the capital sentence unit of New Jersey State Prison. The two bikers had just committed a commercial burglary. Mr. Simon pleaded guilty last October to capital murder in the shooting death of Sgt. Novelists generally dont have the luxury of making moral judgments, although possibly our moral judgments lie in what happens to characters in the final chapter. A diner that later served as the setting for a pivotal scene in a popular Oscar-winning film. We have chapters worldwide. At an eventual point during the chase, Staples managed to lose control over the car and crashed it into a guardrail. For some reason, I always got along just fine with people that were deranged and dangerous. He spat his gum out on the sidewalk. Lee Gonzalez during a traffic stop in May 1995. After they arrived, Bobby and the guy stepped out to grab some party goods for the night, making the mistake of leaving her alone with the mountain chapter. Simon . According to their mission statement: We aren't here to pick sides, it is the stories that we find the most interesting. Neither the judge in Simons murder case, John Lavelle, nor a trooper who knew him years ago expressed surprise. Former Franklin Township police Sgt. Hey, you. In Mudmans case, appropriately, that injury was a bit more substantial than a blown ACL. Creatures made of animated mud or ooze by magical arts were first introduced into popular culture by several types of board games, mainly from the Dungeons & Dragons franchise. New Jerseys Senate Judiciary Committee plans to hold hearings on the issue, and Gov. While examining Simon's Social Security Card and Staples' driver's license, he requested for backup on his police radio. Or you got a piece? One Warlock, Robert "Mudman" Simon, was convicted in 1981 of killing a Carbon County woman. Community Rules apply to all content you upload or otherwise submit to this site. Bobby was a guy who was always looking for a party and always wanted everyone there to have a good time. People rarely got very far once Mudman Simon stepped into their path. Simon murdered his girlfriend, a fellow inmate, and a police officer, only to be later killed by Ambrose Harris while at Trenton State Prison. The Lakewood mother who left her child in a hot car for more than two hours with the engine turned off, has plead guilty to Endangering the Welfare of a Child, Ocean County Prosecutor Bradley Billhimer announced on Friday.