Cushing is the sister of Joseph Ryan, Tylee's father and Lori's third husband. They dug up a dog. Back then, the only two people who didn't seem concerned were Lori and Chad. DET. September 9, 2020. Jonathan Vigliott | CBS News correspondent: How did you hold it together? Morgan Loew: Alex was Lori's protector. How Did JJ Vallow & Tylee Ryan Die? Forensic Expert Weighs In on I can only say it didn't feel right. June 9, 2020 Human remains are found on Chad Daybell's property in. After JJ and Tylee's remains were found, they were taken to the Ada County Coroner's Office for an autopsy. Jonathan Vigliotti: What did you think when you saw the photos of Chad and Lori in Hawaii, the ukulele in hand all smiles. He had a lot of energy. "[41] Police did not pursue the matter further. Chad Daybell, a former gravedigger turned author, podcaster and doomsday prophet, was a married father of five. Tweet. [54], On June 9, 2020, police executed a search warrant at Chad's home, where they discovered human remains buried in a purported pet cemetery. Tylee's body was dismembered and burned, according to court documents, while JJ's. And now we're gonna talk about it. Vaisia Itaaehau: She took beautiful pictures, so we would just go to the beach and just take pictures and kind of capture certain moments She was just so clever and always just like really quick comebacks, like so witty. All that potential, all that love gone. Vaisia Itaaehau: I loved being around JJ and Tylee. JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan at Yellowstone National Park on September 8, 2019. Alex Murdaugh sentenced to life in prison for murders of wife and son, Biden had cancerous skin lesion removed last month, doctor says, White supremacist and Holocaust denier Nick Fuentes kicked out of CPAC, Tom Sizemore, actor known for "Saving Private Ryan" and "Heat," dies at 61, Biden team readies new advisory panel ahead of expected reelection bid, At least 10 dead after winter storm slams South, Midwest, House Democrats unhappy with White House handling of D.C.'s new criminal code. Vaisia Itaaehau: If I had one more day with JJ and Tylee, I would want them to know how much they did for me. Fun times.". After Chad and Lori's marriage two weeks after Tammy's death, law enforcement became suspicious and exhumed Tammy's corpse for autopsy.[3][4][5]. After almost 13 years of marriage, Charles Vallow filed for divorce. And when she actually got to talk with him, it, yeah, just escalated from there. Lori and Chad Daybell were charged with the same crime: conspiracy to commit destruction, alteration or concealment of evidence. November 30, 2019 Newly divorced Melani Boudreaux marries Ian Pawlowski of Rexburg in Las Vegas, one day after Alex Cox (Melani's uncle) wed Zulema Pastenes. In . He's the sweetest soul I've ever met. February 24, 2006 Lori Ryan marries Charles Vallow. [50], On February 20, 2020, Lori was arrested by the Kauai Police Department in Princeville, Hawaii, and charged by prosecutors in Madison County, Idaho with two felony counts of desertion and nonsupport of dependent children. Because so many people were affected. He graduated from Brigham Young University (BYU) in 1992 with a B.A. Tammy Daybell Autopsy Results Released by Authorities GRAPHIC CONTENT: New clues found on #JJVallow's remains that could lead to his cause of death. Requests from Chad to separate his case from Lori's have been denied. They found a melted bucket. In 2001, Lori married Joseph Anthony Ryan Jr., who legally adopted Colby. Colby and J.J.'s grandparents pleaded with the Daybells to return the children, with the latter offering a reward of $20,000. November 27, 2019 Rexburg police search for children, to no avail, with search warrants to the three apartments of Lori Vallow Daybell, Alex Cox (aka Alex Pastenes) and Melani Boudreaux. Police had followed Alex's Cox's cellphone data to the children's graves, and on June 9, 2020, Chad Daybell was arrested. DAVID WARWICK: I asked to see him, and she just said that he was out of control, so she had Alex come and get him . ROB WOOD [in court]: Where was he located when you saw him? DET. And so much potential. Chad and Tammy Daybell's five children remain steadfast in their belief that their father had nothing to do with the death of their mother, or the murders of JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan. August 6, 2021 James Archibald, a death-penalty-certified attorney, is appointed as co-counsel for Lori Vallow. A coroner in Idaho has confirmed that autopsies have been completed on the bodies of two missing children found buried in their stepfather Chad Daybell's backyard earlier this month, but additional testing is needed before authorities can confirm the cause of death or release the results. By the time the remains of 7-year-old JJ Vallow and his 16-year-old sister Tylee Ryan were found buried in shallow graves on Chad Daybell's property in June 2020, they had become two of the most famous missing children in America. Recently released autopsy reports, photos, and results have provided crucial insight into the cause of their deaths. May 2, 2022 - The prosecution announced that they will be seeking the death penalty for Lori Vallow. [48] There they told others that Tylee had died in 2017 and/or that Lori had no minor children. CHARLES VALLOW [to Officer Dorenbush]: She's psychologically, she's gone. Tylee Ryan and JJ Vallow's Cause of Death: How Did They Die? Did Lori Morgan Loew: He said, "I need to report a shooting. Authorities in Arizona are also investigating the shooting death of Lori's former husband, Charles Vallow. Police believe their mother, Lori Vallow, was responsible for the murders of Tylee Ryan and Joshua "JJ" Vallow, who both met horrifying ends. March 6, 2020 In first hearing after being extradited from Hawaii to Idaho, court lowers bail from $5 million to $1 million. Margaret Travillion: That it made sense. UNIDENTFIED PERSON #1: Could you get a hold of her at some point and say, "Can you please call back the officer that's been trying to call you?". [28] She and Lagioia had a son, Colby, in 1996 (who was later arrested on two counts of sexual assault in Arizona in 2022, charges that were later dropped without prejudice),[29][30] before divorcing on February 25, 1998.[16]. Benjamin Hyde: That gives me the willies, look at this! CHARLES VALLOW: She thinks she's a resurrected being and a and a god. Tylee's friend Vaisia posted a kaleidoscope of memories online. Chad was charged with insurance fraud "related to a life insurance policy he had on Tammy Daybell for which he was the beneficiary and received funds after her death". The discovery of the children in Chad Daybell's backyard was the result of a complicated six-month investigation that unraveled a sordid tale of murder, greed and religious fanaticism a story that began with their mother, Lori Vallow, who, to her friend April Raymond, was a woman who once seemed incapable of harming her own children. This discovery was officially confirmed by Rexburg police on June 13. Some believe Chad Daybell was the driving force; others believe it was Lori. Lori was charged with grand theft related to "Social Security Survivor benefits over $1,000 allocated for the care of minors Tylee Ryan and JJ Vallow that were appropriated after the children were missing and ultimately found deceased". In a troubling sign of the deception to come, Lori told a completely different story to JJ's school Lauren's Institute for Education or LIFE. Patti Aronofsky is the senior producer. On this Wikipedia the language links are at the top of the page across from the article title. The evidence of course will speak for itself. Lori, Alex and Tylee were questioned at the police headquarters. Tylee and JJ Vallow's Tragic Deaths: Autopsy Reports, Photos, and Joshua Vallow, 7, and Tylee Ryan, 17, were last seen in September 2019, but their mother, Lori Vallow, and her new hubby never reported them missing and haven't been cooperating with authorities . As CrimeOnline previously reported, the son of Vallow's subsequent . Wiped out in late September 2019 roughly two weeks after the big sister he adored disappeared. After months of silence, they started speaking JJ's name and couldn't stop. ROB WOOD: What did she ask you to do with that, again? Cox says he came back and shot Charles Vallow dead. October 8, 2021 - Judge grants Chad Daybell's request for a change of venue. LORI VALLOW: My husband switched his life insurance policy to her right? Lori told Gibb she was hiding JJ because he was in danger. The autopsy results are not published but seeing the critical conditions of the children's dead bodies; were killed brutally. He previously served as a foreign correspondent for the network's London bureau. He's there for a couple of hours. Beneath the rocks, they found thin pieces of wood paneling. Police efforts to locate J.J. led to the discovery that Tylee was also missing. Especially Tylee was a liability for what she knew. In the winter of 2019, Charles Vallow changed the beneficiary of his $1 million life insurance policy from Lori to his sister Kay Woodcock, JJ's biological grandmother. "Chad Daybell was a gravedigger for a profession when he was younger. Cox alleged that he went to confront Charles about abusing his sister, whereupon "Charles Vallow struck him in the head with the bat, so he went to get his gun. [46], As of September23, 2019[update], a doorbell video of J.J. playing with a friend is the last known video of him taken. Chad showed his support in the courtroom as Lori was extradited to Rexburg, Idaho. Tylee Ryan told therapist her father molested her; Mom Lori Vallow said Morgan Loew: I don't know that regular people could begin to understand how he could live in that house All the while those kids were buried 50 feet away in the backyard. Morgan Loew: One of the crime scene investigators cut a hole in the top of this plastic, and beneath the black plastic was some white plastic, like, plastic bag. 'I pictured this day so many times,' says Tylee Ryan's aunt following April Raymond traveled from Utah to Rexburg, Idaho, where it all began. February 8, 2019 Charles Vallow files for divorce from Lori. ROB WOOD: OK, what did she say about Kay? Police initially determined that Cox acted in self-defense, but the case was reopened later that year when Lori's children Tylee Ryan, 16, and Joshua "JJ" Vallow, seven, were reported missing. Despite all of Lori's talk about demons inhabiting Charles's body, Morgan Loew says her motive may have been more mundane: money. Cindy Cesare and Alyssa Estrada are the lead development producers. JJ & Tylee Vallow's Causes of Death: How Did They Die? - Heavy.com DET. LORI VALLOW: We're OK. How are you doing, babe? Cox said Vallow grabbed the bat from Tylee and came at him. In late 2019, he married Zulema Pastenes in, Daybell has been known by a variety of different legal names. The judge also denies a request from prosecutors to have a jury transported from Ada County to Fremont County for the trial and re-affirms that the trial will happen in Ada County. Tylee was really protective over JJ. April Raymond: The way she had explained it to me about Charles was that Charles was already dead. Lori was both thrilled and attracted to this belief system and became increasingly fixated on this newfound "purpose" and on Chad. Chad later stayed at the Vallow residence in Arizona. January 2529, 2021 Lori Vallow's trial for the misdemeanor charges was scheduled to begin. Soon after the newlyweds returned to Rexburg from Hawaii, JJ's grandmother, Kay Woodcock, sounded the alarm. The autopsy reports of JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan have not been publicly released, as the investigation into their deaths is ongoing. 1:11. At the time, she went along with the self-defense story, but could she have changed her mind? Morgan Loew: A second team of investigators were searching a different part of the yard. Lori Vallow, Chad Daybell case: JJ Vallow, Tylee Ryan found dead Ryan told police that Charles Vallow was angry on the morning that. I'm still not holding it together. Morgan Loew: I think what Lori didn't bank on was that Melanie had a conscience and Melanie was really worried about what happened. MELANIE GIBB: Hi Chad. CHAD DAYBELL phone call]: Hello, sweet Melanie. January 30, 2020 Lori misses court-ordered deadline to produce J.J. and Tylee. [16], On October 9, 2019, Tammy reported on her Facebook profile and to police that she had been shot at, in her driveway, by a masked man with what she believed was a defective paintball marker. Autopsy completed in investigation of Tammy Daybell's death Due to this, there is a stay in her case in Idaho. Charles was so spooked by Lori he went to the police. The remains of the two children . The corpses of J.J. and Tylee were discovered at Chad’s residence on June 9, 2020, after authorities carried out a search order there. [51] She later agreed to be extradited back to Idaho to fight the charges. CHARLES VALLOW: She threatened me, murder me, kill me. Documents detail horrific manner JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan were found in [59], On June 10, 2020, the Woodcock and Ryan families confirmed that the human remains found on Chad's property were those of Tylee and J.J. [55] On May 25, 2021, Chad and Lori were indicted on the charge of conspiracy to commit first-degree murder, first-degree murder, and grand theft by deception for the deaths of Tylee, and J.J., and Tammy. Echo Itaaehau: I didn't. Somebody else must have helped with that. Newly released video shows Tylee Ryan fidget as she talks to Chandler, Arizona police about her stepdad's shooting death. That pet cemetery just behind a bush where investigators found the charred remains of Tylee Ryan. It was updated on May 29, 2021. I hurried and got my gun One shot did the trick. Morgan Loew: What happened to those kids is is horrendous. Tylee Ryan cause of death - vimbuzz.com Best friends Vaisia Itaaehau and Tylee Ryan. Chad Cox talks with police after shooting Charles Vallow. We're going to do it for JJ. Police called that friend in Arizona, Melanie Gibb, to verify Lori's story, but she did not respond to their call. ALEX COX: Well it was over my sister. Vallow was married to Joseph Ryan, Tylee's father, until 2004 when the couple divorced. Morgan Loew: the same color hair as JJ Vallow. and I really love JJ. Inside they discovered items belonging to or associated with Tylee and J.J., such as clothing, bikes, and photographs, all of which had been abandoned when Lori suddenly left Rexburg at the end of November 2019. April 28, 2022 - Judge Boyce denied request from Chad Daybell's attorney to drop his charges. On November 26, 2019, two months after JJ was last seen, Rexburg Police came knocking on Lori's door looking for the little boy. By the time the remains of 7-year-old JJ Vallow and his 16-year-old sister Tylee Ryan were found buried in shallow graves on Chad Daybell 's property in June 2020, they had become two of the. At 9:55 a.m. on September 23, 2019, Cox returned to Chad Daybell's backyard. Tylee & JJss Cause Of Death, How Did Tylee & JJs Die? MELANIE GIBB: Horrible. LORI VALLOW: OK, sure. 2007 Alex Cox (Lori's brother) attacks Joseph Ryan with a taser and threatens his life; Cox sentenced to 90 days in jail and 5 years of probation. POLICE OFFICER [bodycam audio]: So, we're here . [27] At age 22, she married 23-year-old William Lagioia in Travis County, Texas, on October 22, 1995. The heartbreaking deaths of Tylee Ryan and Joshua "JJ" Vallow have remained a mystery to many. Tylee Ryan autopsy report The horrible events surrounding the finding of Joshua "JJ" Vallow and Tylee Ryan in Chad Daybell's garden were detailed in court documents which spelled out whereby JJ was wrapped in plastic and restrained with duct tape as Tylee was mutilated and burnt. And JJ loved blue. And evilness took over their bodies. And he had so many people that loved him and wanted him. April Raymond JJ was very difficult to take care of So I really admired how patient she was with him and how much care she took of him. Melanie Gibb and her boyfriend David Warwick, both of whom testified at Daybell's hearing, were staying with Lori in Rexburg the last weekend of JJ's life. On May 1, 2020, Lori appeared for a court hearing in Rexburg to request a reduction of her $1 million bail. I felt in shock. November 4, 2019 Alex Cox and Melani Boudreaux arrive in Rexburg. Missing Tylee Ryan's aunt says Lori Vallow waited WEEKS to inform Autopsy performed on Idaho remains positively identifies JJ and Tylee | KUTV SALT LAKE CITY (KUTV) - The autopsy performed by the medical examiner's office on the bodies found on the property. [2] When Rexburg police and the FBI arrived the next day to search the home, it was abandoned. And we're grateful that we were chosen to share and to be part of his life for the time that we did. Lori Daybell is a devoted mother and she resents assertions to the contrary. Margaret Travillion: And just that growth of watching him come out of himself was just wonderful. Julia Allen | JJ's teacher: there was this feeling at LIFE when the remains were found. Chad believed the "Dark" individuals were from this earth but were followers of Satan. This finding was officially confirmed by Rexburg police on June 13. " Vallow (May 25, 2012 - c. September 23, 2019) [b] were two American children from Chandler, Arizona, who disappeared in September 2019 and whose remains were found buried in shallow graves on June 9, 2020 in Rexburg, Idaho, in their stepfather Chad [57] She has since been deemed competent to stand trial after mental health treatment, incompetent, and again competent. "48 Hours" and correspondent Jonathan Vigliotti detail the investigation into the heartbreaking national search for two missing children, the life of their mother Lori Vallow, and what is ahead in the case against Vallow and her new husband Chad Daybell, who have each been indicted on murder charges for the deaths of Tylee Ryan and JJ Vallow. Jonathan Vigliotti is a CBS News correspondent based in Los Angeles. June 29, 2021 Lori Vallow is indicted by Arizona grand jury on conspiracy to murder her husband Charles Vallow. Tammy Daybell died in October of 2019 just two weeks before her husband tied the knot with Vallow and about a month before his new wife's children, 7-year-old Joshua "J.J." Vallow and 17 . Morgan Loew: That taped phone conversation is when you can hear Chad and Lori go from, "Oh, yeah, everything's great," to that change where, "OK we've got a problem here.". May 25, 2012 Joshua Jaxon "J.J." Vallow is born, the son of Charles Vallow's nephew. Vaisia Itaaehau: I just always had that hope that they were alive. REXBURG Court documents released Friday evening detail the horrific manner in which Joshua "JJ" Vallow and Tylee Ryan were found in Chad Daybell's backyard. Her 17-year-old daughter Tylee Ryan and 7-year-old son Joshua "JJ" Vallow have not been seen since September, and Vallow has refused to cooperate with the police investigation into her children's disappearance. May 26, 2022 - The start date of Lori Vallow's trial has been changed from October 11, 2022 to January 9, 2023. Produced by Liza Finley and Richard Fetzer. [16] Colby has said he had not heard from Tylee since these texts. Both Daybell and Vallow are in custody in Idaho facing multiple charges related to the alleged concealment and destruction of evidence, but neither have yet been charged with murder. Neither is Echo Itaaehau's daughter Vaisia, one of Tylee's best friends. Authorities believe J. J. died around that time frame based on location data on the cell phone of his uncle. Daughter who police say was killed by Idaho 'doomsday' couple talked to he never hesitated to resort to violence if he believed he was defending his sister. He passed away in 2018 of natural causes, according to investigators. Chad Daybell and Lori' Vallow's hula dancing days were numbered. In the end, Chad and Lori's belief in evil may prove to be true. [16] After repeated calls to Tylee went unanswered, Colby became more worried. This story previously aired on October 3, 2020. Morgan Loew: We know that shortly after Charles's death, Lori tried to claim that life insurance policy he had changed the beneficiary to his sister. And I'll always remember them like that. Morgan Loew: Somehow, in 17 minutes, there was a grave dug and filled in. How Did JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan Die? Here's What We Know Judge splits trials of couple charged in triple murder case Jonathan Vigliotti: What did you think when you read that email? [2] From December 2019 to January 2020, Rexburg police, the Fremont County sheriff's office, and the FBI intensified the investigation into the disappearances of the two children, as well as the investigation into Tammy's death and the flight of Chad and Lori from Idaho. On the morning of July 11, he went to Lori's rental home in Chandler, Arizona, to pick up JJ and take him to school. Lori Vallow-Daybell and Chad Daybell to be tried separately And she was like, "Margaret, you're not gonna believe this. J. J. was last seen on the evening of September 22, 2019, at his mother Lori Daybell's Rexburg apartment. There were so many times that I would die laughing. The scary story tells about the life and crimes of Lori Vallow Daybell, who has been called the "doomsday mom" by the media. Who got a million dollars when he died. OFFICER DORENBUSH: She threatened to murder you? But no one acted on it and Vallow let his guard down. He also claimed he could read light and dark auras. Margaret Travillion: It just didn't make any sense why would you tell us he committed suicide last week and he's been gone for two weeks and he was actually shot by your brother? March 21, 2022 - Judge denied Chad Daybell's request to separate his case from Lori Vallow's case. ROB WOOD: How did Alex Cox bring JJ into the house? Autopsy completed in investigation of Tammy Daybell's death 0:57. [2], Complicating circumstances around the disappearances was a string of suspicious deaths. It worked. and It was just the beginning. What is what is happening? April Raymond: I feel like whatever story we were given about how Charles was killed was not the truth. LORI VALLOW: Wow, this is a big mess, I just talked to the guy on the phone. Morgan Loew: Why do you bind somebody's feet and hands and mouth in duct tape? And on January 25, 2020, she was formally served an order to produce Tylee and JJ within five days. But it was Tylee's bond with JJ that Vaisia will always remember. She was also charged with three misdemeanors: resisting or obstructing officers; criminal solicitation to commit a crime; and contempt of court. April 19, 2022 - Lori Vallow is arraigned. Judge severs Chad and Lori Daybell's case - Ksltv.com I just kind of loved how she would just play with him and just always have, like, a really good time with him. [16] In 2007, Ryan was attacked by Lori's brother, Alexander Lamar "Alex" Cox, who claimed Ryan had been abusive to Lori and the children. December 28, 2021 - Judge removes Mark Means from Lori Vallow's defense team because there is a conflict of interest relating to having previously represented her husband Chad Daybell. JJ had autism and Lori seemed the ideal mother for him, says Raymond. April Raymond: Tylee had a network of people that really did love her, and I don't know if she knew that. Source: OFFICER DORENBUSH | Gilbert Police Department: What did she say yesterday? Police learned what happened to JJ by once again following Alex Cox's cell phone. That's not possible. She was released from the mental health facility into the custody of the Fremont County Sherriff.