They were uniformly drab. The dark shell buttons used on Pendleton 49ers are prone to chippingwhich is why many a vintage 49er will have replacement buttons. remembering account, browser, and regional preferences, remembering privacy and security settings, personalized search, content, and recommendations, helping sellers understand their audience, showing relevant, targeted ads on and off Etsy. Whatever the reason, women loved Pendleton shirts.. This cut famously lent give (some horizontal stretch) to 1930s gowns. The designer was a 41-year-old woman named Berte Wiechmann who had been working at Jantzen, another sportswear company based in Portland, Oregon. At this point in history, nearly all flannels were dull colors (typically grey or olive) as they were considered for workwear. Again according to Pendleton, Wiechmanns choice of buttons was a black shell beauty from Australia and Tahiti, supplied by J. Carnucci & Sons, NJ. $1.3 million has been contributed so far thanks . Sale Price $99.00 Considering you could purchase a vintage Pendleton for around $30, thats only about a tenth the cost of an Iron Heart Flannel. I suggest dry cleaning all woven wool, including Pendleton jackets. Even in the 70s that stitching wasnt there. Pendleton is proud to support the National Park Foundation, the official charity of America's national parks. I have a few Pendletons. Spring 2022 Light Blue Mix Plaid Long Sleeve Pendleton Board Shirt, made of 100% vrigin wool. I loved the board shirt he was sporting in red, grey and black. They sold the fabric as well as the blankets and finished clothing. Researching Weichmann, I came across her designing for Jantzen again in 1958. The seller might still be able to personalize your item. Privacy Policy Regular fit. Depending on the font, labels and sizing information, it is relatively easy to roughly date a flannel. Sourcing. Finally, there are also vintage 49er look-alike sewing patterns so you can make one yourselfperhaps in purple and lime green plaid? One shirt has a small M stamped on the shirt just above the tag I assume for Medium since all three shirts are medium. This is probably the most famous style. The label matches the type shown from the 30s and 40s. Fall 2022 Long Sleeve Pendleton Board Shirt, color Blue White Black Ombr. Apply for Membership, VFG Member Directory Because Pendletons focus was on manufacturing uniforms for the US army during World War II, you are unlikely to find a flannel with this label (and if you do, its probably falling apart). Logo label on the front. Its that flange that gives the 49ers shoulders great definition, as well as some extra room. Vintage Pendleton Knockabouts 100% Virgin Wool Coat Womens Size 10 Brown Button $72 $199 Size: 10 Pendleton denita6. are there Board Shirts made without the Board Shirt Tag? VINTAGE Knockabouts by Pendleton 100% Wool All Black Peacoat Women's Size Small . Im gifting one to someone. If youve read a few of my reviews, you know that I never hesitate to criticize an aspect of a boot that needs criticizing and Id never recommend anything I didnt love. Spring 2023 Long Sleeve Pendleton Board Shirt, color Rust Block Plaid. 2022 Dark Natural Solid Long Sleeve Pendleton Board Shirt,, made of 100% vrigin wool. These shirts are made of wool. Sellers looking to grow their business and reach more interested buyers can use Etsys advertising platform to promote their items. Pendleton wool blankets in their characteristic designs. Not that there was a le, A lovely sunny Saturday. Looking for information about vintage Pendleton labels? Pendleton label from 1970 to 1994, with Woolmark logo on the tag. In 2020 alone, purchases on Etsy generated nearly $4 billion in income for small businesses. Keep a wool blanket in the car. Theyre ultra-soft, theyre cozy, and when Costco restocks them, theyre the most affordable. For instructions on how to enable cookies, please see the help section of your browser. By 1924 they started making the famous Pendleton mans wool shirt and by 1929 they were producing a full line of menswear. Its not only guys that think wool shirts are cool, moths are also very much into them and they make unsightly holes. Copyright 2015 CleanBlog | Theme by AirThemes. Vintage Pendleton Coat. You wont be sorry. The name 49er was not only a tribute to the year it was first made, but, as a Western U.S. company, a nod to the California Gold Rush. It is plaid and not one single math hole in it. Etsys 100% renewable electricity commitment includes the electricity used by the data centers that host Etsy.com, the Sell on Etsy app, and the Etsy app, as well as the electricity that powers Etsys global offices and employees working remotely from home in the US. Yes! You can jump ahead with these links below: [Learn more: What Exactly Is Heritage Fashion?]. shabby vintage whole cloth quilts, cotton print quilted comforter blankets Lot of two very shabby vintage cotton print quilt blankets, frayed and spotted from time and use. Learn how your comment data is processed. PORTLAND, Ore. 27, the family-owned company announced. Fall 2022 Long Sleeve Pendleton Board Shirt, color Grey Mix Green Blue Plaid. She was a popular speaker, described in The Capital Journal (Salem, Oregon) as, an entertaining, peppy and enthusiastic leader in fashions Shes a riot all by herself.Weichmann lived to be 101 years of age, dying in 2009. My mother was the designer and my father ran the business. Spring 2022 Tan Green Ombre Stripe Long Sleeve Pendleton Board Shirt, made of 100% vrigin wool. For example, someone who lives in the cold vs someone who lives near the sea, etc. Lined collar. Does shopping on Etsy help support small businesses? Do you see the pleat from the top of the shoulder into the front of the jacket? Quick Answer: How To Tell The Age Of A Pendleton Blanket. A label from 1994-2000s This was the final label used for American-made Pendleton's. In 2009, Pendleton began exporting their manufacturing. Price: $24.50 Pendleton Board Shirt Fall 2022 Black White Ombre Regular Length . Pendletons white labels are in clothing designed for women, blue labels are in their mens clothes. With large white vintage Pendleton label design on the back, and small label design on the front. Any ideas of the era? Its also home to a whole host of one-of-a-kind items made with love and extraordinary care. I get plenty of requests for specific favorite plaids, but almost every one I find differs from every other one Ive found. Etsy uses cookies and similar technologies to give you a better experience, enabling things like: Detailed information can be found in Etsys Cookies & Similar Technologies Policy and our Privacy Policy. Wool also has the added benefit that even when tightly woven it still allowed for breathability. Many of the same styles from decades ago are still made now. 7 Amazing Ways To Reuse Old Blankets Keep Them For Camping. Learn more. Pendleton took their experience with multi-coloured blankets and warm, vibrant and durable wool and started making colourful flannel shirts. So tech my jacket isnt 1960s? Perhaps that explains the amount of vintage Pendleton items I have been fortunate to find in my area. Ive seen solids, but they are almost always plaid or tartan wool flannel. Regular fit. The Pendleton Woollen Mill opened in Oregon in 1909. Code of Practice I get plenty of requests for specific favorite plaids, but almost every one I find differs from every other one Ive found. Vintage Fashion Guild. Ineffably and timelessly cool to my eyes, the 49er is a sporty basic that Pendleton started making in 1949. Please check out. Ive heard more recent ones are thinner, but based on my shirts which are all different styles, different styles also feel different from each other. Pendleton throw blankets typically range from $100 to $230. Regular fit. Regular fit. You can change your preferences any time in your Privacy Settings. Those partners may have their own information theyve collected about you. I have picked up some pendleton pants at a thirift store. I have a pendleton shirt that from the tag looks like it is 50-60s Era. Fall 2022 Long Sleeve Pendleton Board Shirt, color Peat Moss Mix. PORTLAND,OREGON, Next to it is a tiny size tag (also blue on white) Theyre out there. At one time Pendleton used 1% of all the wool produced in the US. Spring 2023 Long Sleeve Pendleton Board Shirt, color Grey Brown Mix Ombre. Fall 2022 Long Sleeve Pendleton Board Shirt, color Black White Ombre. Regular fit. Dark Grey Pendleton Fall 2022 Large Patch Trucker Cap. Make sure to ask if the shirt is complete and undamaged. The labels are how most collectors date the age of the blanket. However in the 1940s, Pendleton had to pause its growing clothing business in order to help with the war effort during World War II, producing uniforms and blankets for the US Army. They do exist, but Ive seen maybe 2 over the last 5 years of watching ebay. Shirts from the 1970's to 1994 can be identified by the Woolmark Tag which remained unchanged until the early 1990's. Label from 1994 to 2009, with a new font and no border. I have a ladies Pendleton jacket that I bought in 1965. Pendleton Woolen Mills Pendleton, Oregon 100% Virgin Wool. Spring 2022 Green Bronze Ombr Long Sleeve Pendleton Board Shirt,, made of 100% vrigin wool. I have held this up to the light and do not see any holes. The last two jackets shown are 1960s variations by Pendleton, both shorter than the original. thanks. xo. One size. on the part of this site depicting the different types of shirts, It says Trial shirts. Although she based the details on Pendletons popular mens shirts, she chose to use large patch pockets, and those big iridescent shell buttons, to help soften the look. Label from 1994 to 2009, with a new font and no border. The company still makes wool shirts and jackets for women, but the current (2023) models drift more toward their classic mens shirt jackets. If imitation is the most sincere form of flattery, Pendleton should feel deeply admired by the number of companies that copied the 49er to greater and lesser degrees. He bought it in store in the 80s or 90s. Spring 2023 Long Sleeve Pendleton Board Shirt, color Copper Solid. The low cost of vintage flannels is one of the main reasons to pursue them. It has a few numbers printed on to the satin collar lining. Most stains can be removed by a skilled dry cleaner. Yes, you read that right! 59" x 58.5" with Label Red at the best online prices at eBay! (The 5 Best Snake Proof Boots), Why Wonder Looper Made (Probably) The Worlds Heaviest Hoodie and Tee, How To Care For Red Wing Boots (and Every Leather They Come In). A woman once wrote to me that her mother had sewn pockets onto Pendleton 49ers until 1957. vintage Pendleton. Were talking vintage wool shirts, from the 1930s up to modern times, and primarily from the wool mills of Pendleton in the USA. Original Small Size Pendleton Blanket label 1st used in 1972 thru current AspenMountainVintage (422) $75.00 FREE shipping Pendleton Badlands Blanket Watercolor Art Print, Camping, Vintage, Cabin, Summer, Nights, Wall Decor, Home Decor, Blanket, Pendleton Jenniekilcup (253) $20.00 Taking the chance on a small tear or a missing button is well worth the risk in my opinion. Spring 2022 Olive Tan Plaid Long Sleeve Pendleton Board Shirt, made of 100% vrigin wool. Vintage Pendleton flannels tend to run small compared to modern US sizing. Pendleton Woolen Mills shuts plant; In effort to compete, jobs will go from Portland to Mexico; company officials blame NAFTA, GATT. The two labels are pretty much mutally exclusive. Shoulder flanges, back yoke and bias cut pocket. The Pendleton Woolen Mill of Oregon opened in 1909, producing Indian blankets. To enable personalized advertising (like interest-based ads), we may share your data with our marketing and advertising partners using cookies and other technologies. The blankets also became prized for ceremonial use. If you want to save your time, type something like Vintage Pendleton Flannel Medium and search within the Mens Clothing Category. From here you will have many listings to search through, and you will need to examine the pictures thoroughly to identify the flannels via their label (label guide below) to determine if youve got a winner or a dud. However, I have seen the white labels you may be looking at on Mens bathrobes and Womens clothing. (Courtesy of the Vintage Fashion Guild Label Resource) Pendleton's white labels are in clothing designed for women, blue labels are in their men's . Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you. I have two 49er-style (not Pendleton label) jackets for sale right now, along with a 1955 McCall's pattern, so you can sew your own! Thank you, Peter, Ive corrected this now! Does anyone know if they used some of the old 40s tags on the shirts in the early 50s? One size. Fall 2022 Heston Coat with double thick 24 oz. How much is Pendleton Ward worth? Absolutely! But, why do people buy vintage Pendleton flannels? I hear you ask. This type of data sharing may be considered a sale of information under California privacy laws. When it comes to clothing in general, anything older than 20 to 25 years is often considered vintage. Again, patience will be your friend here. Fall 2022 Long Sleeve Pendleton Board Shirt, color Brown Blue Gold Multi. Greenspan's has "The widest selection of Pendleton Board Shirts in the world" according to Streetlow Magazine, and Pendleton Woolen Mills! Terms of Use. Were told that adulthood starts at 18 or 21, but the older we get the more we realize that isnt true. Ineffably and timelessly cool to my eyes, the 49er is a sporty basic that Pendleton started making in 1949. Can anyone give me more details on these tags. Do you see the pleat from the top of the shoulder into the front of the jacket? Looking for information about vintagePendleton labels? . And smell lingers. VFG Book Reviews Spring 2022 Tan Green Ombre Stripe Short Sleeve Pendleton Board Shirt, made of 100% vrigin wool. About In time, the blankets were used to make bathrobes and coats. Several odd things. Finally, a Pendleton for women! Vintage Labels Pendleton Blankets Pendleton Fabric Tartan Shirt Plaid Jacket Womens Vintage Dresses Vintage Outfits Automotive Logo Tote Bags Handmade Types Of Lettering Label for a handmade Pendleton 50s Red Gray Plaid Jacket 49er, made from Label Design Hangtag Design Pendleton Woolen Mills Cecil Beaton Navajo Rugs Indian Tribes Camping Blanket Front pockets. The board shirt shown is not an exact replica of the shirts worn on The Beach Boys album cover of Surfer Girl. * Click here for more information on collecting these blankets . Id say without a doubt vintage US-made Pendleton flannels are worth it. Aside from blanket re-binding and replacing buttons, we typically don't offer product repair, but please check with Consumer Services to see if we can help! We offer secondhand fabric for thoughtful makers from our warehouse store in Ogden, KS. Made in The USA by Pendleton Woolen Mills. Keep a wool blanket on the couch. But I gave it another go on ebay. Not only does this shirt have a unique tag, but also features pearl snaps on the front and cuffs, as well as pleated yokes on the back. Thomas family had roots in the British weaving trade. By 1924 they. The General Rule for all pure wool blankets is to always wash in cold water and gently wring or roll. Is this unusual (the size) or was it common to put an actual size on the label? Hi Pam, doing a spot of Googling it looks like Beaver State was/is a special label for pieces inspired by Native American designs. Slight variations in the design and wording on the label can help determine its age. 5 Comments The Pendleton 49er revisited. Limited edition Pendleton shirts no longer current production. Vintage ad for the rich lasting colours of Pendleton, from 1952. 5.0 out of 5 stars There is nothing not to like about these shirts. This cut famously lent give (some horizontal stretch) to 1930s gowns. Off., Pendleton Woolen Mills, Pendleton, Oregon, Robes and Shawls on the reverse of the blanket in the lower right-hand corner. I live a mere 195 miles from Pendleton, Oregon, the home of Pendleton Woolen Mills. I love this jacket, I may keep it for myself. I have a shirt here that has no size. (Courtesy of the Vintage Fashion Guild Label Resource/Retro Ruth). Spring 2022 Tan Green Ombre Stripe Long Sleeve Pendleton Board Shirt, made of 100% vrigin wool.   United States   |   English (US)   |   $ (USD). Regular fit. Fur & Exotics Resource Bundle up, stay warm, and thank you for reading! Picture Information . Again according to Pendleton, Wiechmanns choice of buttons was a black shell beauty from Australia and Tahiti, supplied by J. Carnucci & Sons, NJ. These blankets are not just worn or used for warmth. Once JavaScript is enabled please refresh the current page. Now I know! Interesting! Thank you! Although she based the details on Pendletons popular mens shirts, she chose to use large patch pockets, and those big iridescent shell buttons, to help soften the look. They manufactured clothes here in Honolulu under the name Kahana Manufacturing. Being new to these, and finding it quite interesting how many types there are and how to tell the difference between them, I asked George at Second State Vintage in the UK to help me out a bit. VFG Member Books Fall 2022 Long Sleeve Pendleton Board Shirt, color Grey Oxford Ombre, regular length,. Vintage Pendleton | Clothing Label Price: $4.00 Quantity: Add to cart Description Details: This is just the Pendleton label for you to sew into your Pendleton clothing. Keep in mind when thinking sizing that you may want to have something on underneath. It seems to be a large, maybe 40 or 42 suit size. Drying. Snap back. by Maggie Wilds. This is with Fall 2022 Long Sleeve Pendleton Board Shirt, color Blue Grey Mix Ombre. Hat Resource, Vintage Inspiration There certainly are other online avenues you can explore (Etsy, Poshmark), but Ive found that eBay has the largest selection to choose from. All wool Pendleton boardshirts made especially for a woman's figure from size XXS to XL. Found something you love but want to make it even more uniquely you? Yeah, we agree that this might not have some elements of creativity as you would have expected, but its a prudent way to reuse your old blankets. VINTAGE: Keep an eye out in op shops, Gumtree, eBay etc. These are all virgin wool flannel shell, with nylon quilted lining with poly fill, by Pendleton Woolen Mills. Blue Pendleton labels indicate mens clothing, and white labels are on womens. With anything vintage, I recommend you purchase something cheaper (even in poor condition) to confirm your sizing. Pendleton blankets have become very collectable. They look just like the 1950s tag but with no Made in USA on them. September 25, 2012. It is often very difficult to tell the exact era of a Pendleton 49er because they have been made similarly for so long. Unfortunately, Pendleton lost some ground in the clothing market as a result, but that didnt matter as they quickly became iconic with youth culture during the 1960s and exploded in popularity. It surprised her to see a vintage 49er in purple and lime green plaid and asked her mother if that could possibly have been an original 49er color scheme, and her mother said yes! Made in The USA by Pendleton Woolen Mills. Home FAQ Quick Answer: How To Tell The Age Of A Pendleton Blanket. Etsy is powered by 100% renewable electricity. Some of the technologies we use are necessary for critical functions like security and site integrity, account authentication, security and privacy preferences, internal site usage and maintenance data, and to make the site work correctly for browsing and transactions. How can you tell if Pendleton is vintage? (Unless its normally worn to COURT proceedings LOL). Make A Cookware Pad. Label Resource 12k followers. Tumble dry low. Are the Pendleton blankets at Costco real? That Pendleton label is a commercial ready to wear label. $298.00 Free shipping Only 1 left! Women's PENDLETON 100% Wool Blouse Shirt Top Size LARGE USA MADE. To enable personalized advertising (like interest-based ads), we may share your data with our marketing and advertising partners using cookies and other technologies. I certainly did tell him thank you for listing it. Napped; fabric is combed for a softer, thicker feel. Cookies and similar technologies are used to improve your experience, to do things like: Without these technologies, things like personalized recommendations, your account preferences, or localisation may not work correctly. 2 buttons on each cuff. Regular fit. You wont be sorry. Prices of blankets are based on pattern rarity and design, colors, condition and age. A few years ago I wrote about the Pendleton 49er jacket, and this is an update. So, today we get to talk about Pendleton wool shirts! A vintage shirt may have not have been stored in fresh pine-scented mountain air all its life, it may have lain in a pile of smelly old clothes in a basement. Im having trouble finding much information on those. Vintage Pendleton 49er Wool Jacket Houndstooth Plaid Blue and Brown Medium SutroGeneral (204) $64.00 FREE shipping Vintage Pendleton jacket, Removable velvet collar, 5 button Front VinyVintage (77) $22.50 $75.00 (70% off) Vintage 1970's "Pendleton" Label Southwest Blanket Pattern Wool Jacket, 70's Winter Coat, Vintage Clothing VintageOnHollywood Pendleton label from the 1950s, with size in the lower right corner. Labels & Label Makers Notebooks & Journals Pencil Cases Planners Shipping Supplies Stationery Shop All Home Office . Lingerie Resource The guy who owns High Desert Authentiques in Grand Junction co. Is an expert on wool pendletons. Dating pendleton tags Lilly pulitzer label reading gauranteed to hear from 2010 to a vehicle or hot women dating in pendleton woolen clothing union label. Size on each of these blanke . There is nothing not to like about these shirts. I convinced myself that its discontinued and no one will give it up. Fabric woven in our American mills. That the first item of clothing a date looks at is your shoes. I dont know if you have already surfaced this information but most likely you have what they call a vintage smoking or lounge jacket. A Fall 2022 Pendleton lined CPO shirt jackets, color solid black, with a virgin wool flannel shell, and polyester quilted lining, at Greenspan's, South Gate, California by Pendleton Woolen Mills. This was thanks to a small music group called the Pendletones; a crew of 5 fellas known for wearing Pendleton flannels for their stage costume. Regular fit. Snap back. Vintage advert from 1949 for Pendleton wool shirts. Made in the Mexico. This will differ depending on what options are available for the item. Some people are calling it a sport coat, a field jacket, hunting jacket, etc. Copyright 2023 denisebrain, All rights reserved. Take full advantage of our site features by enabling JavaScript. Researching Weichmann, I came across her designing for Jantzen again in 1958. Their iconic and classic patterns are still being imitated by competitors to this day. VFG on Etsy VFG on Ruby Lane, The Time Line I dont know about that part, but figuring out the era helps! In the 50s, Pendleton began adding their sizing information to the blue label. We finish school, we get jobs, maybe we wear a suit, maybe we dont. (10% off). There is a separate size label. Those partners may have their own information theyve collected about you. And the different Pendleton labels: With the styles sorted, it comes down to determining the period when they were made, and this can be done roughly by looking at their labels: Label from the 1930s and 1940s. Look for signs that the blanket was woven on a jacquard loom, such as the presence of a wide variety of colors and intricate patterns. You can create a free account below. Regular fit. NOS or New Old Stock Pendleton flannels are quite rare (wool needs good long-term storage conditions to prevent moth holes and stains). Turning off the personalized advertising setting wont stop you from seeing Etsy ads or impact Etsy's own personalization technologies, but it may make the ads you see less relevant or more repetitive. VFG on eBay Regular fit. Though mine does not have a white tag with sizing. I recently saw a Pendleton Board shirt that had the 1930 1940 tag, but the pockets were at a 45 degree angle. Color Black. The field shirt style also tends to have the machine washable tag most often. One size. See which boots suit your preferences and style. This one is the same as the Fireside Shirt, with the exception of a straight collar instead of a button down. Ive heard in the jackets it could be used for putting small game while hunting, but I cant imagine putting a bloody animal in my jacket. Without a doubt the best place to hunt for vintage Pendletons is eBay. Moths and carpet beetles love this wool, so it is important to keep it clean. The Fashion Constellate Label Archive is the largest online resource for all of your fashion label needs, we make researching a breeze. VFG Book Reviews The modern shirts seem to be made from a thinner material. Mainly mentioned in connection with blankets, robes and shawls though. These are all virgin wool flannel shell, with button through pockets, and side seam pocket, There are 3 delivery groups of patterns for Fall 2022 CPO Jacket Shirt, color Grey Oxford Ombre. Snap back. This is especially true if the material is running threadbare.