Sometimes I have to shut them down and get them out of here. congratulations to our seniors going on to play at the next level!!! Paul Lull moved to Coronado at the age of 16 in 1969 with his family. I graduated from Southwestern Oklahoma State University where I played Basketball on a full ride scholarship for all four years with a degree in education. Richardson Lake Highlands Boys Basketball State Team University Coach Smith is proud to be officially back on staff and ready to make a difference! Plano Senior High School (commonly Plano, Plano Senior High, or PSHS) is a public secondary school in Plano, Texas, serving students in grades 11-12.The school is part of the Plano Independent School District, with admission based primarily on the locations of students' homes.Plano is a two-time Blue Ribbon School and a Texas Exemplary School. Previously, she served as the head softball coach in Forney as well as Garland ISD. But she does remember saying no when the head coach made advances. I am born and raised in Plano, Texas. Who is available? Please register online at: https://planoisd.rankonesport.com. In an interview during the districts investigation, Yancey said she invited Morris to a football game with friends in September 2018. Keep rollin', we're along for the ride. This is my first year at PSA camp. Ispent6 weeks in Nicaragualastsummer interning at the Nicaragua Christian School that gives impoverished children a chance for a quality educationand enjoyedthe opportunity to use my Spanish and love for children to makean impact on their lives. ", "We obviously dispute the consensual nature of that event," he said. The. We were playing in a tournament, Williams, now a senior on the Plano boys basketball team, said. 4843 Naaman Forest Blvd, Garland, TX 75040, Your Lady Wildcats complete district play tonight (2/5) at Prosper. Yancey told WFAA that she is straight and is not interested in women. I previously held the assistant Varsity basketball coach position at Oklahoma Centennial High School in Oklahoma City. Morris told district officials that she pursued a relationship with her assistant coach after that night, according to the district report. This system will allow us to have better oversight on all required athletic paperwork. I grew up playing basketball, baseball, football, and soccer. This is my fifth summer at PSA working with the soccer camps. Dusty Baker -Basketball and Football Camp Coach- I am the 8th grade football and basketball coach at Douglass Otto Middle School in Plano I.S.D. Angela Cross -Basketball Camp Coach- I am completing my 15th year in public education: One year as a 2A Varsity head girls basketball coach, cross country & track coach. I am currently working at Corbell Elementary School in the P.E. "You can come forward. Get the latest breaking news from North Texas and beyond. I played college football at Harding University and Abilene Christian University. Try-outs will be from 5:45-6:45pm August 12-19. This will be my second year happilyworking at PSA. The teams record this year was 11-12. Those allegations were not sustained in the report. If you need your ankles taped, please arrive earlier, so that you will be able to participate in as much of the tryout as possible. Volleyball and Basketball Camp Coach- I work at Robinson Middle School, I have worked there for 7 years. Jayson Boyd -Football Camp Coach- I am currently finishing my first year at Armstrong Middle School where I teach history and coach football and track. With the start of school, just around the corner, Monday, August 12, 2019, it is time to start working towards building our teams for the 2019-2020 girls basketball season. Ispent6 weeks in Nicaragualastsummer interning at the Nicaragua Christian School that gives impoverished children a chance for a quality educationand enjoyedthe opportunity to use my Spanish and love for children to makean impact on their lives. Kenya Evans -Volleyball and Basketball Camp Coach- I work at Robinson Middle School, I have worked there for 7 years. Plano High School (TX) Varsity Basketball Plano Wildcats Varsity Boys Basketball Plano, TX FOLLOW TEAM 22-23 V. Basketball Home Schedule Roster Standings Rankings Photos News More / Plano High School Basketball Plano Basketball OVERALL 24-9 0.73 Win % DISTRICT 12-2 1st in District HOME8-2 AWAY10-2 NEUTRAL6-5 PF1967 PA1658 STREAK1L We were down the whole game, Williams. She also said that Yancey was never victimized. I also have a miniature poodle named Big Boy, who thinks he's human! Igraduated fromFreed-Hardeman University in Henderson, TNwith a major in Art and a minor in Spanish. This will be my second year on staff. The period between 2011 and 2020 in which Plano the states fifth-largest school finished under .500 seven times. For the last 2 years I have been an elementary PE teacher & giving private basketball lessons to middle school & high school boys & girls. Kelly Foster Basketball and Football CampCoach- I am currently one of the coaches at Douglas Otto Middle School. Coach Christian has had a long and cherished affiliation with the U.S. Air Force. The News generally does not name people who may have been victims of sexual assault. -Volleyball Camp Coach- I am currently the 8, grade volleyball coach at Rice Middle School in Plano I.S.D. I played basketball and threw discus for Baylor University, and graduated with a BBA in Marketing and a MSEd. -Soccer Camp Coach- I am a graduate of East Central University with my degree in elementary education. On Tuesday, Plano ISD announced Cody White as the next head football coach and athletic coordinator at Plano Senior High School. After relocating from Houston this past year, I currently work at Marcus High School as the Girl's Junior Varsity Basketball Coach and Varsity Throwing Coach for Track and Field. He's also an adjunct professor at UNT's Mayborn School of Journalism. This will be my first summer on staff. Yancey regrets not reporting Morris sooner. At first, even though Yancey was uncomfortable, she refrained from reporting the abuse to her superiors. This will be my seventh year on staff. Greg McGrath -Basketball Camp Coach- I am currently at Bowman Middle School where I am the ISS teacher, but also teach 6th grade Science and coach 7th grade football and track. Plano West High School (TX) Varsity Basketball Plano West Wolves Varsity Boys Basketball Plano, TX FOLLOW TEAM 22-23 V. Basketball Home Schedule Roster Standings Rankings Photos Videos News More / Plano West High School Basketball Plano West Basketball OVERALL 15-19 0.44 Win % DISTRICT 4-10 6th in District HOME6-7 AWAY3-8 NEUTRAL6-4 I am very passionate about working with our youth, and I look forward to the opportunity of teaching them skills that will prepare them for success later on in their athletic careers. Varsity; JV; JV2; Coaches. Do you hear that? Christian said. Morris and her accuser agree that she was brought inside to lie down, drink water and sober up before driving home. Please wear proper basketball attire, black basketball shorts, a white t-shirt with your first and last name across the top on the back of the t-shirt, and proper basketball shoes. On Oct. 4, Yancey was offering advice to Morris while she dealt with a personal issue. Last week, The Dallas Morning News reported Morris resigned after an internal investigation found she violated the districts policy on sexual harassment. I love volleyball and enjoy teaching the fundamentals of the game. I was a cheerleader for five years, including being a varsity cheerleader at Plano West. Morris, 45, initially referred questions to an attorney, who did not respond to multiple questions from The News. You dont even feel like youre doing it, because of some of the other feelings that have been placed there before it. My parents,Lynn and Gary Sprague currently reside in Wylie, Texas. -Basketball Camp Coach- I am completing my 15th year in public education: One year as a 2A Varsity head girls basketball coach, cross country & track coach. During my tenure in El Paso, as well as additional coaching experience in Arizona, I have had the fortune of coaching teamsin the State Semi Finals, two Sweet Sixteens, threeRegional Championships, and several District Championships. After sobering up, Morris went home, she told district officials. This will be myseventhyear on staff. I also coach and train boys & girls basketball teams in grades K-12. The past three years Coach Christian was the head basketball coach at McKinney Boyd High School. Coach Marcus earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Communications from Tennessee State University and a Masters of Business Administration from the University of Phoenix. Home; Schedules. Basketball; Football; Wrestling; ", Morris: "If you come put your lips on my neck it might help. Plano East Senior High School (Photo: Wikipedia) Vote now: Who is the best wing in North Texas high school girls basketball? JV plays at 6pm and Varsity at 7:30pm. I was Dean's honor roll all four years of graduate work at ECU. Plano East Softball Booster Club - Coaches - Membership Toolkit If you would like to try-out, please arrive at the PSHS Gym by 7:30am on Monday morning, August 12, 2019, so that we can make sure all your paperwork has been submitted to Rank One (more info below). completed a masters of arts in athletic administration from the University of Northern Colorado. Thats tough to hear, and for Plano, its a reminder of the lean years, as head coach Dean Christian calls them. The JV team was also victorious to start the new year on the right foot. Plano ISD hired Morris' accuser in July 2018. After Morris' impromptu visit, the accuser filed an official complaint with the district, claiming harassment, assault and retaliation. Plano High School 704 W. Abe St. ( Google map, other maps) Plano, IL 60545 Phone: 630-552-3178 Fax: 630-552-8824 School Web Site: www.plano88.org Enrollment: 718.5 Conference (s): Interstate Eight Nickname (s): Reapers (boys), Lady Reapers (girls) Colors: Purple/White School Type: Public Coed County: Kendall Cities in District: Plano This is my 8th year teaching. This will be my second year on staff. Plano Senior HS Girls Soccer Booster Club - Coaching Staff -Flexi Camp Counselor and Soccer Camp Coach- I attended McKinney North High School for four years - I played soccer there all four years - 3 on varsity. RANK ONE: We utilize a system called Rank One which allows you to complete required paperwork /forms electronically online. This will be my seventh year on staff. This system will allow us to have better oversight on all required athletic paperwork. Posted by June 29, 2022 houses for rent in butler school district on plano senior high school basketball coach June 29, 2022 houses for rent in butler school district on plano senior high school basketball coach Unfortunately, they lost in a hard fought battle to claim the runner-up in the silver bracket of one of the most competitive tournaments in the country. Plano Senior High School Men's Basketball Win The Day. I have coached volleyball and basketball for over 15 years and have coached track for 3 years. Bouncing back, they beat Barbe out of Louisiana in the Silver bracket. in Political Science. My husband Kareem and I have two amazing children Chandler and Carter. Morris was put on administrative leave on March 14. in Sport Management. Plano Senior High Cross Country Track Booster - Coach - Membership Toolkit I was recognized numerous times as an All American and nationally in rebounds per game. By signing up you agree to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, Stand with us in our mission to discover and uncover the story of North Texas, Plano East basketball coach quit after investigation upheld claim she sexually harasseddistrict employee, What we know after 3 children killed, 2 wounded at Ellis County home, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones defers comment on revival of sexual harassment lawsuit. Lolo Davenport was selected to the All-Tournament team. He earned his Bachelor of Science degree from the Air Force Academy in 1982, and then served honorably until 2004 when he retired from military service. I'm not going to lead you on either. Most recently, a football game between Plano Senior High and a school from El Paso was canceled just weeks before the start of the season. An aggressive, turnover-hungry defense led by Dorsey (50 steals, 36 deflections) and Williams (36 steals, 31 deflections) pesters opposing ball handlers at the top of the key and disrupts an opponents offense before it can even set up. The accuser doesn't remember details of how they got to the house. The district's lawyers argued that the information was "highly intimate or embarrassing, highly objectionable to a person of ordinary sensibilities, and of no legitimate public interest. Comfort. Coach Marcus owns and operates Divine Scouting LLC, a company that helps High School Athletes gain exposure to colleges and universities and offering private basketball skill and drill lessons. Third time's a charm, as Hebron's defense locks down Plano in regional She said she woke up next to Morris with little recollection of what happened the night before. Even simple requests for basic information have been met with roadblocks or sent to lawyers. I have worked at The Dallas Morning News since 2000. Plano ISD has partnered with Performance Course to develop our athletes grades 7-12 this summer. I am currently working at Corbell Elementary School in the P.E. The resignation seemed abrupt to the community. Prior to my current position as the Head Boys Basketball Coach at Jasper HS, I was the Varsity Boys Basketball Coach at El Paso High School for thirteen years. Plano High School (Grades 9-12) | Home I value teaching the basic fundamentals that are needed to be successful in sports. I will create a roster for Plano Sr. High School Varsity and Junior Varsity in Rank One so that you all will be able to go in and fill out all the forms necessary to participate in tryouts. This will be my first year on staff. Cherilyn Morris, the former Plano East Senior High School girls basketball coach, left Plano ISD after an internal investigation by the district upheld the employee's claims of. Yancey speaks with WFAA about the investigation into her former boss. I think when youre in the midst of doing something thats beyond your comprehension at that time, Christian said, noting the team practices like its 0-22. "These harassing behaviors by Morris toward [the accuser] contributed to a hostile work environment," the report stated. You will need your childs school identification number to register. I graduated from the University of North Texas with a Bachelors Degree in Marketing. Two forms will need to be turned into the coaches. This is the only opportunity to use PSHS facilities. My wife Dee is a nurse for San Remo Nursing Home. Scoring is fun, and Plano does that too (61.7 points per game), led by Williams (12.9 points), Dorsey (11.7 points) and senior Elijah Brown (9.2 points). In her five seasons as head coach, the school made the UIL state playoffs four times, reaching the second round in 2017 and losing in the first round in 2015, 2018 and 2019. The report did not sustain additional allegations by the employee of sexual assault and retaliation toward a colleague. I have three kids (Darielle 10), (D.J. But in a text message exchange earlier this month, Morrissaid she has hired a second attorney to handle "defamation resulting from this case.". This is a great opportunity to safely resume and continue to develop your daughters strength and conditioning to improve her overall game. But as they became more adamant, the woman said more forcefully that she was not interested in a sexual relationship with Morris, according to the screenshots. Thank you for your support of our Lady Wildcat Basketball Program. I was a four-year starting member of the Lady Tiger soccer team acquiring conference honors in soccer as well as academics. I have been in education for 11 years and have coached football, basketball, track, tennis, volleyball and soccer on the middle and high school levels. This will be my seventh year on staff. Jordan 19 attends Purdue University where he is on the football and track teams. Paul Lull - A Basketball Loving, VW Driving Optimist All students in the 9th grade and higher, must go in as a participant for Plano Sr. High School if they are trying out for the varsity or junior varsity teams at Plano Sr. High School. The Wildcat Basketball Booster Club has a website full of resources including pictures, roster, game updates and more. Plano Senior High Cross Country Track Booster - Coach Meet Our Coach Amy Dehdari Head Girls Cross Country Head Girls Track & Field Email: amy.dehdari@pisd.edu Coach Dehdari is in her 17th year of public education and in her 7th year of leading the Plano Girls Cross Country and Track programs. Shawn covers preps for SportsDay HS. Shanda Hairston -Volleyball and Basketball Camp Coach- I work at Frankford Middle school and graduated from Baylor University in my hometown Waco Texas. She didnt report the incident to police. That form is the physical examination form for ALL GRADE LEVLES. At the present time I am pursing my certification in mathematics and science, as well as my masters in administration. They both have something in common. No. Find Us . If you are not able to participate in these tryouts due to participation in another sport, transportation, or health issues please contact Coach Stallings: Kelly.Stallings@pisd.edu. During my tenure the team has developed into a competitive program. Sessions for incoming grades 1st-5th are from 8:30am-noon. This system will allow us to have better oversight on all required athletic paperwork. She said that it would be hypocritical for her to not stand up and use this as a teaching moment for her players and others. Remember, a physical examination using the UIL Physical Form must be completed and submitted before participation. This is my third year on staff. Eboni Hammond -Basketball and Volleyball Camp Coach- I'm originally from Waco, Texas, and went to Midway High School. Morris resigned as the Plano East head basketball coach in April in the midst of a Plano Independent School District investigation.